PDA

View Full Version : Yang Fukui, NYC

respectred
09-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Hello there

anybody on the forum know anything about, or study under, Yang Fukui, in NYC?

if you don't wanna answer on the board shoot me a PM, thanks.

-matt

Mojo
09-24-2002, 01:47 PM
I've seen the videos that are on his site and I'm very impressed with his 'I-Chuan' form and his two handed straight sword form.
He looks to be very powerfull externally and internally.
If I lived near him I would be studying from him.

RAF
09-25-2002, 10:25 AM
Yang Fukui attended our Hall of Fame Tournament 3 years or so ago and performed Xing Yi and his ground fighting techniques.

His Xing Yi is very good and he is also very nice. His students are also very nice and I think you would probably enjoy studying with him.

Stranger
09-25-2002, 12:34 PM
Yang Fukui attended our Hall of Fame Tournament 3 years or so ago and performed Xing Yi and his ground fighting techniques.

His Xing Yi is very good and he is also very nice. His students are also very nice and I think you would probably enjoy studying with him

-RAF

Was the groundfighting derived from his Hsing-i training as well? How did it look?

Thanks in advance.

RAF
09-25-2002, 12:51 PM
I believe that the groundfighting and Xing Yi were not connected.

In the groundfighting, he really put his heart & soul into it along with plenty body droppings.

The consensus among the "masters" attending was that his Xing Yi showed a lot of power.

Sorry I can't help you more. The type of groundfighting form he demonstrated was just a killer on the body.

count
09-25-2002, 01:16 PM
I heard he would be at Maoshans, All Baguazhang Tournament this weekend. Might be a good chance to see him up close and personal. Hope he makes it.