PDA

View Full Version : CHUM GING

fiercest tiger
10-14-2001, 04:22 AM
Sinking power(chum ging)

how would you use it, and how would you develop it?

thanks everyone, oh and sui fuw please respond in a nice manner!

just curious on your thoughts :)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-14-2001, 06:21 AM
hi ft,

embracing in the water elements I see :) Sorry, I can't help but I hope someone gives you the answer.

http://dharmatours.com/hbmc/Prwhbl1.gif

sui-fuw
10-14-2001, 06:07 PM
what can i say,bro? :D

hey prana,that icon is really nice.you k.f must be really sh!t :D

prana
10-15-2001, 12:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> you k.f must be really sh!t [/quote]

Yup, my kungfu is worth only the speed I can run with relative to my opponent, :D

I'd been spooked by Einstein !!! :P

fiercest tiger
10-15-2001, 02:15 AM
i believe you have meet sui fuw?

hi sui fuw whats up, no response? :( i thought we could kick off our relationship with this..hehehe

FT still loves you! :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-15-2001, 02:18 AM
not formerly, care to share FT ? :)

fiercest tiger
10-15-2001, 03:09 AM
sui fuw is a rare type, still you gotta love him for his or hers honesty!

he is the BEST OF THE BEST in the hakka world, you better believe dat. :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-15-2001, 03:42 AM
Chuo Ma Kai ?

hehehe :)

Cool, I will keep my eyes open. But I am still a lousy fighter.

meltdawn
10-15-2001, 04:12 AM
Isn't that the supermarket brand of canned Chinese food?

"Waiting is bad." - Musashi
www.lungyingjingjung.com (http://www.lungyingjingjung.com)

fiercest tiger
10-15-2001, 06:57 AM
chum so chunky you can carve it! :p

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

sui-fuw
10-15-2001, 05:11 PM
prana,i'd like to retract if i may?i like your reaction.i see you are a great believer in quality?however your k.f not in process of maturing.but hey its nice to look down on some-ones inttellect from time to time,it must make you feel high in stature.hope you don't take it personal.
anyway whats a chi person doing here on the south,wants to have fun maybe?don't tell me,youve come to teach us maybe,oh no,i know its to liberate us.well take your best shot,i am your servant?
do not show me your water,i may make ripples and distort your image?

f.t yeah,no answer,youve once again out smarterd me.to many ging for my reseptiveness?
thanks i love you to,but i'm not playing sex games?
:D :D :D catch later bro

CLOUD ONE
10-16-2001, 01:11 AM
F.t your getting senile in your old age.
Prana has a nice way of taking the p!ss out of you.
Not once but twice!!! LOL
Prana don't be dis-illusioned. have you got sight beyond sight.
What does Chuo Ma kai intone?
Has it anything to do with your journey to heaven?
Why did this thread interest you.
Do you not beleive in chum Ging or ging in general?
Sui Fuw- Do you think M.D prefers Pedigree Chum
or Winalot?
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Only kidding- I think your GORGEOUS.

fiercest tiger
10-16-2001, 01:19 AM
so whats up cloud, hows the u.k is it cold there?

hakka brothers,
i only want to learn more, maybe you have a better way maybe you dont? senile you a right on the money there..

:eek:

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-16-2001, 02:07 AM
man you ppl are hilarious. I guess you checked out my posts...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> F.t your getting senile in your old age.
Prana has a nice way of taking the p!ss out of you.
Not once but twice!!! LOL
Prana don't be dis-illusioned. have you got sight beyond sight.
What does Chuo Ma kai intone?
Has it anything to do with your journey to heaven?
Why did this thread interest you.
Do you not beleive in chum Ging or ging in general?
Sui Fuw- Do you think M.D prefers Pedigree Chum
or Winalot?
[/quote]
Sorry, disillusion is the circle I am trying to free from :) Chuo Ma Kai is my only knowledge of the Hakka dialect. This thread interests me because "Chum" is something I learnt many years ago when attempting to practise fighting.

Nice to meet you :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> anyway whats a chi person doing here on the south,wants to have fun maybe?don't tell me,youve come to teach us maybe,oh no,i know its to liberate us.well take your best shot,i am your servant?
do not show me your water,i may make ripples and distort your image? [/quote]

-: Ommmmmmm Jewel in the lotus HUMMMMMMM :-
I am a passer-by begging for Dana;
Perhaps you could merit your Karma;
Maybe even to spread some Metta Bharma;
But not pushing a dogma.

sui-fuw
10-16-2001, 03:01 AM
hi cloud hows it going?
f.t hes not after you ,can't you see he's testing water on prana.i thought were passed it,no tag on you honestly.

prana,man i like your style.thats no hakka you speak[your mis-informed.study of tebetan budhism?how intresting,how collective is your mind?you say learnt chum,is it not a on going journey or have you serpassed all learning,lord budha?

care to share some mantras with us?oh and please tell me more of chum[what you have learnt]i'm eager to compete.

f.t surely were not going back to square one,come on lighten up?

meltdawn
10-16-2001, 03:57 AM
Cloud 1:
"Sui Fuw- Do you think M.D prefers Pedigree Chum
or Winalot?
Only kidding- I think your GORGEOUS. "

...and his real feelings come out!!! Why yes, Cloud 1, I am that spectacular kung fu babe you've been looking for. How tremendously intimidating I must seem to such a young, uneducated virgin such as yourself.

Poor Sui-Fuw, to be missing out on all this jelly simply because your mommy taught you only pure girls can be kung fu masters. So will you marry one and never have sex? I would love to show you what kung fu a red-blooded American girl not afraid of men nor any of their wonderful body parts can possess. But then I'd have to kill you.

But just to join in your fun, Cloud 1, I prefer Farr Maintain, which is a concentrate I feed to the eventing thoroughbreds in my barn, but you wouldn't know what they are, since YOU have no "Pedigree".

Ding ding! (No, Sui-fuw, that's not hak ga) Come out of your corners and protect yourselves at all times! :D

prana
10-16-2001, 04:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
prana,man i like your style.thats no hakka you speak[your mis-informed.study of tebetan budhism?how intresting,how collective is your mind?you say learnt chum,is it not a on going journey or have you serpassed all learning,lord budha?
[/quote]
I could've sworn that was Hakka, but why teach a professional at his own game eh ? I am still hopelessly swimming in the water of samsara. How about you, dear Hakka friend ?

care to share some mantras with us? oh and please tell me more of chum[what you have learnt]i'm eager to compete.
[/quote]How can you compete with someone who has not surpassed your knowledge ? I am but a humble student, deeply engulfed in the ocean of distractions, and so shall remain your humble student :) But one mantra I might be able to share with you, if you are so inclined, is simply 'om'

What you were looking for something spectacular ? Perhaps in Hakka you will find :) hehehe

Man you guys crack me up !!!

vingtsunstudent
10-16-2001, 09:44 AM
yo! feline tigger
how are you my old friend?
i thought you would be the first person i would say hello to after my long hibernation.
its good to that many new masters have jioned the forum & will undoubtly be sharing vast amounts of knowledge with us who have yet to become enlightened.
vts

Buby
10-16-2001, 02:20 PM
"How tremendously intimidating I must seem to such a young, uneducated virgin such as yourself." - I know your statement wasn't directed to me, but I'm saying ma, I'm not intimidated. ;)

"to be missing out on all this jelly" - Did I ever tell you how much I love jelly. You know there's a jelly famine going on out here, care to feed the hungry.

"I would love to show you what kung fu a red-blooded American girl not afraid of men nor any of their wonderful body parts can possess." - You see thats what I'm talking about! ****, where have you been all my life. :D I gotta move to Florida.

Did I mention I'm house broken? or that I'm cute:D

Bub

Buby
10-16-2001, 02:25 PM
"How tremendously intimidating I must seem to such a young, uneducated virgin such as yourself." - I know your statement wasn't directed to me

sui-fuw
10-16-2001, 03:38 PM
prana,what can i say accept that "om" is to complicated and to powerful to share.i beg to differ lord budha?
its the "chuo" that doesn't comprehend,but the last 2 tones i do.
i'm looking through my own blindness,and guess what,i see you.

liberate me from this torment i beg you?

David
10-16-2001, 05:04 PM
Sometimes, I use sinking to look good or to dominate someone's centre or bridge. I train it in several ways including in exercises such as doi chong.

The powers of Kung Fu never fail!
-- Hong Kong Phooey

feldor
10-16-2001, 06:31 PM
Good show! You're a baaaad girl! ;)
TNWingTsun said you were fiesty. Keep it up! I would like to talk to you about Lung Ying some time.

Peace.
Charles
:D

meltdawn
10-16-2001, 06:55 PM
I'm baaad, uh huuuh! (said while standing in office doing the "washing machine")

Buby, so you think you ready for this jelly? I only wanna know one thing... how's your kung fu, man? ;)

Topic?!? We don't need no stinkin' topic!

Oh sui-fuuuuw, where aaaaare yooouuu? Come and get u some, little man. You say this:
"you say learnt chum,is it not a on going journey or have you serpassed all learning,lord budha?"

...but you SAID this:
"also tun tao foa chum is not that great.it slows the energy but o.k maximase it. but only for begginners and cantonese[also the copulate]"

Feldor, and what's he been saying? You guys need to get your minds out of the gutter! (or write me an email detailing how you make a peanut butter and "jelly" sandwich)

FT, let's not get back to that whole "breathing" fiasco we had a while back. Uhhh, not trying to draw anyone in particular (ahem) out of the shadows...

Buby
10-16-2001, 07:48 PM
"Buby, so you think you ready for this jelly? I only wanna know one thing... how's your kung fu, man?" - Oh,hell yeah! LOL **** it!...you caught me with that second line. LOL

Hows my kung fu? Well, lets just say it's good enough to get the job done, but I'm always looking to improve it. I take lots of time while training, studing every move and how it effects the body. I train my moves fast, slow, hard and soft. I like to make sure I mix it up for a complete workout. ;)

"(or write me an email detailing how you make a peanut butter and "jelly" sandwich)" - ****, I need to move to Flahridah.

Buby "The YKM Gangsta"
I ain't a player, I just CRUSH a lot

CLOUD ONE
10-17-2001, 01:25 AM
M.D- WoW.. you've got me down to a tee.
I commend you. Your kung ku is excellent.
I am a virgin compared to someone as EXPERIENCED as you.
Is S&M your thing?
It seems your the domineering type. Shall I address you 'Mistress' from now on?
Pedigree- your correct also I am not white but pure Yellow, I hope I can serve you well oh mistress.
TTFC- practice hard Mistress one day you might come to the same conclusion as Sui Fuw :rolleyes:
Dear Prana (brother)
I am glad we bring some light entertainment to your life :)
Have you had services from mistress M.D?
How did you know she was a Proffesional.
What is Samsara?
Gong Ma Gai is usually how I say it.
There are different dialects- so depends where you originate from.
I bet you are more knowledgeble than you make out.
What realization did you get about Chum Ging if you don't mind sharing with us.
is it correct you only practice a handful of moves? you must get bored? or are these moves so intricate that you cannot perfect them for a life-time.
The only mantra I recite is 'Om ma ni bear may homm' Have you ever heard of it?
I know there are so much questions here but I am also on a journey of the inner-self.
The only answer I can come up with seems silly.

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 01:36 AM
**** tap tap, my turn!

you guys make me laugh, good to see we can get along here!

wingstunstudent :)

good to see you back mate, i was only thinking about you the other day and was gonna give you and email but i havent got your email anymore due to my comptuer crashing a while back!

hope all is well with you and your family, still training? hows your sifu? is he still in europe?

welcome back still you havent missed much!! :D

Talk to ya soon...

sui fuw,

are you the school in the netherlands of hakka bak mei? :D

buby,

leave some for me...meat for the beats! :cool:

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

sui-fuw
10-17-2001, 01:52 AM
no school anywhere f.t,what school is this from netherland?
i haven't announced my style yet,have i cloud?
what conclusion is that cloud? :D man you've gotta admitt you've missed this haven't you? :D nice to see you in form :)

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 02:19 AM
i was wondering if that was your school thanks for your answer!

is the u.k cold this time of year?

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-17-2001, 02:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> its the "chuo" that doesn't comprehend,but the last 2 tones i do.
i'm looking through my own blindness,and guess what,i see you.
[/quote]

Perhaps Chuo should've been "Choo-oh" squeeshed together :) I think it would have been "What are you doing ?" in a slightly rudish tone for you see, I too has roots in the south, except me thinx its a simple province away from your roots.

BTW, if you see me, perhaps you should be unconscious by now ? Perhaps you should practise seeing the almighty sitting silently 3 inches above your crwn giving you white light and singing from the depth of your spine, the almighty "OM" - peace my friend :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I am glad we bring some light entertainment to your life
Have you had services from mistress M.D?
[/quote]
I dont believe I have... but hey i could've forgotten, there had been plenty of lifetimes :PP
What is Samsara?
Gong Ma Gai is usually how I say it.
[/quote]
Wah Gong - Samsara is the cycle of rebirth and death, more closely related cause of birth and death.
There are different dialects- so depends where you originate from.
I bet you are more knowledgeble than you make out.
What realization did you get about Chum Ging if you don't mind sharing with us.
is it correct you only practice a handful of moves? you must get bored? or are these moves so intricate that you cannot perfect them for a life-time.
The only mantra I recite is 'Om ma ni bear may homm' Have you ever heard of it?
I know there are so much questions here but I am also on a journey of the inner-self.
The only answer I can come up with seems silly. [/quote]
The answers, my friend, is deep within the element that flows downwarth, and that'd be Water, and perhaps coupled with the elements of density, which of course, in MA, I think is Earth. Please feel free to correct me, my ears are always open to your englightening thoughts :)
And my MA needs years more of conditioning, in the mind.

"~~~~Hum~~~~"

Om Mani Bear May Hom - Om Mani Where My Home ?
hehe Om Mani Padme Hum - Om Mani Pemmeh Hung
OM - Jewel in the lotus - HUM, mantra 0f Buddha Avalokitashevra (Cherezig), HH Dalai Lama :) I relate my friend I relate :)

FT :) :) :)

meltdawn
10-17-2001, 03:22 AM
Cloud-fuw

No matter the money in your bank account, I'm sorry, YOU can never buy me. You can, however, address me as Master. How's our kung fu? You show me yours, I'll show you mine. Yeah, I thought so. That'll never happen.

As for "TTFC- practice hard Mistress one day you might come to the same conclusion as Sui Fuw", well that means I would know nothing... then I would be right back at the beginning... so I guess my journey would have been full-circle. Wow... you're right, sui-fuw does know it's kung fu. I think I am beginning to understand your logic. Flawed.

FT:
Get in line, buddy, get in line. ;)

By the way... I have received no new emails...?

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 03:39 AM
are you a tibetan buddhist follower?

OH AH HUM BODHICHITTA MAHASUKHAJNANA DHARATU AH

BUDDHA BLESS ALL OF US, AND SUI FUW OM HUM HAHAHAHHHA GARRRY AHHHHH YAU KUNNNNNNG MUNNNN AHHHHHHHH :D :)

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 03:43 AM
Im in line, we doing the train? ;)

email from me or sui fuw?

cya

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-17-2001, 03:44 AM
ft :)

I guess when I answered your question, I didnt mean to side-track your thread. Sorry about that. I hope you dont mind.

sui-fuw
10-17-2001, 02:37 PM
prana,you don't half waffle for a budhist,but then again you are lord budha :D you talk of the circle,surly its not that bad to live and be reborn again is it,and who where you before the person that you are now? :p

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 02:38 PM
man its a pleasure to have you here, what thread hahahaha omie to fut :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

feldor
10-17-2001, 07:36 PM
F.T. Man you are bored lately aren't ya?..

Meltdawn, if ya need a bodyguard, just give a call. In case of granade, I'll throw myself on top to protect ya!.. :cool:

BTW, I like strawberry "jelly"...

I will email ya soon, I would like to discuss dragon.

Pleasure picking on you.. ;)

charles
BFP

prana
10-18-2001, 12:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> you talk of the circle,surly its not that bad to live and be reborn again is it[/quote]
Not that bad at all, can we say human again, human again, human again ? And come back to help all our other friends and families attain the highest realisation, as you would your parents and your childrens. The torment of life and death is otherwise a great suffering.

The human life is one grain in all the grains of the world. But merely echo the words of Buddha, but will never be the almighty, for I am not worthy :) , and so, I donate this worldly body if he so needs to do his duty.

Be not tormented, I mean you no stress.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and who where you before the person that you are now? [/quote] I will surely let you know, if I do see the past.

FT, thanks for the kind gesture. Me thinx they havent seen the longggggg threads in the Qi Gong forums :) hehehe

tnwingtsun
10-18-2001, 06:49 AM
"Feldor, and what's he been saying? You guys need to get your minds out of the gutter! (or write me an email detailing how you make a peanut butter and "jelly" sandwich"

I can't decide weather I like your humor,your
kung-fu,your knowledge of historical tactics,
or your good looks the best.

Complete package/MD ;)

First in line would be a very lucky one!! :D :p :) :) :)

Bastet
10-18-2001, 11:21 AM
Can i join the line too? ;)

sui-fuw
10-18-2001, 12:56 PM
you say "great suffering"lord budha?what if your blinded by ignorance like i[do i still suffer?]how do we now we suffer?i mean,if you were of christian faith,would you suffer?how do we know or you know we really come back as anything?

what duty is that then?for you lord budha.

so you only see the future and never the past?do we not learn from the past,is it that we should block out the past?

oh,so you never get to the point,because of your longggg threads.are they that great lord budha?

now will you liberate me,as you can see how much torment i'm in.save me please?
:o :o :o

CLOUD ONE
10-18-2001, 03:29 PM
Sui Fuw,
Where are your manners!!! We have lord Buddah showing us the way.
;)
Really there are good points that Prana is trying to share,and eleviate our suffering and ignorance.
I commend him if that is his way. He has the guts to come out with the thing he beleives in.
He doesn't care if he is ridiculed or if he lives or dies. So you cannot compare yourself to him cause he has little regard for himself.
I wish I could be like that and get rid of my worst enemy(My EGO).
I'll just have to find another way I suppose :eek:

Mistress- I think your getting well known now.
Could I be so bold to ask for 10%. :D :D :D
Just think you'll be well known on this FORUM. Not for your knowledge of Martial Arts but Marital Arts. Your Sifu must be proud!!!!
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL. :D :D :D :D :D
When is your new website coming up mistress?

sui-fuw
10-18-2001, 04:00 PM
yeah,prana's ego to m@sterb@te :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
oh,and cloud i have no manners or is it the illusion that lord budha talks about?

NorthernMantis
10-18-2001, 05:30 PM
As I Christian I have absolutely no idea of what is going on.Can someone elaborate?

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

meltdawn
10-18-2001, 07:32 PM
Cloud-fuw,
That was a very insulting remark about my Sifu. However, I know your limited scope of honor, and I'm not one to take things said here personally, so I'll respond with humor. Yes, my Master is proud of my "marital arts" as you refer to them. They have helped me to stay with my husband for ten years. (audible gasp of dispair from forum members :( ) He is proud that I am dedicated in all things.

However, until you can see past your nose, you can still believe me to be a *****, and I will still believe you to be a waste of skin.

Now, instead of "chumming", can we get back to "chum ging" around here?

tnwingtsun
10-18-2001, 07:58 PM
"I will still believe you to be a waste of skin"

ROTFLMAO!!

prana
10-19-2001, 02:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>you say "great suffering"lord budha?what if your blinded by ignorance like i[do i still suffer?]how do we now we suffer?i mean,if you were of christian faith,would you suffer?how do we know or you know we really come back as anything?
what duty is that then?for you lord budha.

so you only see the future and never the past?do we not learn from the past,is it that we should block out the past?[/quote]

If you were of any faith, so long as you have the mindfulness at your passing to remember the embodiment of the greatest self compassion, than what ego is there to be fearful ? Be that Jesus or even Mickey Mouse, it makes no difference. One can only hope the winds are not distracted towards rebirth in the lower beings.

The cycle of life automatically destroys all causation of ego, as one dies, one is forced to leave all attachments behind.

Like going to sleep, one prepares for tomorrow. Like the passing of this life, one prepares for the next, such is karma.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>oh,so you never get to the point,because of your longggg threads.are they that great lord budha?[/quote]
Of course not, they are merely words. They mean good to those whose intentions are good, they mean bad to those whose intentions are bad, and they mean emptiness to those who are wise.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>now will you liberate me,as you can see how much torment i'm in.save me please?[/quote]

How could I, fellow being, when I am drowning together with you in samsara. For I myself is far from liberation. Perhaps the long threads, a small seed may be planted and may it come to fruition to be a tree of merits. That is my task... my point, the path I wish to take.

May my long threads never cause you to suffer torment ever again.

sui-fuw
10-19-2001, 02:45 AM
prana what a load of cr@p,u make no sense and have not answerd any of my questions,truthfully.

do chritians suffer.yes or no?

do i suffer because of ignorance yes or no?

how do u really know samsara exists?

how do u really know karma exsits?
your long threads are FULL of ramble diahoria to me,does that mean i'm not wise?

you plant the seeds yet you don't know what they grow into.your liberation is it futher away than from mine,i guess not,therefore you can help,can u not for me to get as far as you?

just a simple yes or no to help my torment may go a long way,but will it be the right direction?

prana
10-19-2001, 03:54 AM
ahaha I have answered your question, over and over, but you do not see.

"Do christians suffer, yes or no ?"
If you are prideful and call yourself a Christian (YES you SUFFER). If you practise the compassion as displayed by the Great Jesus (NO you liberate from Suffering). If you die with the thought of Jesus as your saviour, not out of pride, but out of the compassionate energy of Jesus, (NO, may be saved from the cycle of samsara forever).

"If you suffer due to ignorance?". YES, one becomes trapped in the cycle of rebirth and death.

"How do you know samsara exists ?" Can you take your wealth with you ? Can you take your friends and family with you ? Can you take your most priced posessions with you when you die, your corpse ? This is the cause of suffering, in samsara. Samsara is no magic word, merely means suffering, in the life cycles, due to ignorance, craving and hatred.

"How do I know karma exists ?" You become angry, and I become angry, that is karma. It is simply causal and effect. You can understand on many different levels, but why bother understanding the inmpossible, when you can see yourself building anger in this very thread ? This IS KARMA :) Why do you not see ?

My threads are full of **** ? <--- Words of mine are impure - I am not free of suffering, perhaps I suffer more than you, I emphasise strongly. So you are not wrong :) Words are full of ****

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> your liberation is it futher away than from mine,i guess not,therefore you can help,can u not for me to get as far as you?
[/quote]Yes, I have seen and endured much suffering. But so which one of us havent ? I can only help you by explaining, I cannot help you by some magical formula. So NO, I cant help you, YOU need to walk the path YOURSELF...

Be free from this anger, or I shall refrain from replying to stop your torment. I would hate to torment you.

Again, I tried to explain, do you see ?

prana
10-19-2001, 03:59 AM
I live my life differently from you. Life for me is preparing for death. Death, if not traversed properly, means much suffering and rebirth. And so, life is very short, there isn't much time to meditate.

It is precious, do you understand ?

tnwingtsun
10-19-2001, 11:33 AM
Good point,a life reveiw is good at anytime,
anyplace and any where,most wait until the end of
their time on this plane.

I try to have one everyday,it helps.

sui-fuw
10-19-2001, 02:23 PM
you keep refering to "path".what does it look like?is it a sand path,a concrete path,a mud path?its so i know that i'm on the right path you see. :D :D :D

"to know the way is different to being on the way".

so you see talk all you like from your interpretations of budhism,at the end of the day,what experience have you recalled to realisation?

1 more?
"what is the sound of one hand clapping"?

and then you can be on your "way" :)

sui-fuw
10-19-2001, 02:30 PM
can i just add.
"i do see past my blindness" more to the point "do you see"it seems to me your re-enforcing your beliefs?the more times you say it,the more times you believe it. :) peace lord budha,i expect you'll not answer?
but thanks for trying to liberate me with your religion. :)

CLOUD ONE
10-19-2001, 03:38 PM
What can I say Sui Fuw.
Your ****ed, ****ed, ****ed I tell you- aaaaah!!!
Save yourself ask LORD BUDDAH for mercy before it's too late!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
LOOK just agree to everything he says then he might give us the answer to CHUM GING.
Hurry cos Mistress M.D is pi$ her pants for the answer.

Mistress- thank you for your kind words. It is a honour to be called 'a watse of skin' by someone so perfect. ;)
Your Sifu must be proud!!!
By the way what does your SiFu say about this CHUM GING ? How do you perform it? What is it's purpose? how do you counter it????
Please enlighten us with your Marital oops sorry MARTIAL expertise.

sui-fuw
10-20-2001, 12:32 AM
just as i thought no reply,from lord budha.anyway how are you,cloud?
sorry can't agree with him,hes to high in stature,but i'll let him dictate to me.funny though he doesn't believe in dogma i could of sworn it was,but then again "WHO AM I".****ed,i was and am before i spoke to lordbudha.
ahhh the answer,i hope he does,he seems to know alot? :)

catch you later bro.
oh are talking to f.t,he wants to know more of hakka people?

CannonFist
10-20-2001, 02:39 AM
Sinking power, how do you use it? I believe that when one truly knows how to sink, one's whole body will become very heavy to your opponent irrespective of your body type. A person that has superior sinking can knock the opponent's guard or bridge away very easily, because he/she will possess hands that feels like lead to the opponent. Also sinking will enable you to absorb blows and sink a lot of the force to the ground.

I am sure there are many methods to develop this sinking power depending on the school and style. In my opinion some of the more effective methods of training this sinking power is to practise the various standing exercises and stance training that exist in the various schools. Of particular importance is the ability to feel inside ones body and play with the alignments to achieve different aspects of sinking.

CLOUD ONE
10-20-2001, 07:29 AM
Sinking- is it a pysical thing or a mental thing?
For example could you still sink if you were doing a flying kick?
P.S I know you don't practice flying kicks in Pak Mei. (just your thoughts?)

prana
10-20-2001, 01:57 PM
sui-fuw

My realisations are subtle but beneficial, though it seems only for myself, perhaps selfish. If you care to know, it is is great to realise the mind rides on the winds. It is also great to realise the blissfulness of the central channel. That your mind is very directly controlled at your breathe level, and that the body is not made up of just the external level of blood, skin and bones. I have also realised that dreams and nightmares are great stepping stones for realisation practises, and possibly most of all, all thoughts and reactions also manifest at teh sensation level at a certain part of your subtle body. This is the reason for mindfulness at all times. This is the reason for insightful meditation.

What is the sound of one hand clappin ? Great question, but I do not follow the path of C'han (Zen) but there are many followers of that lineage here. Perhaps they would prefer to comment.

I have no religion, I only know the path of meditation. Also, I did not pick the nickname sui-fuew to preach too, why should I, for this nickname that I speak to is so empty ? I speak to the person whose mind writes these words, not to a pattern of alphanumeric.

I only know one truth Sui Fuw, and that is, YOU and I, we both must die. We have been given a chance in this life as a human being, and my "path" is to learn how to die properly, and make use of it the best I can. Your "path" is of course, will be something else, and is absolutely totally your choice, your "path" towards finding your happiness. How could I refute that Sui Fuw ? We are all sentient beings....

If so you wish to know the path, it is simple, be mindful of all your actions, when you move, eat, talk, sleep, you try.... When the mind wanders with mindless thoughts and chatter, you simply bring it back when you come to realise. Like a flame being blown, when the wind stops, it returns to the center, neither the past nor the future. It is difficult, and perhaps unnatural, but this is the cause of our past Karma, but as you can see, totally scientific, and totally un-dogma-tic, and totally non-religious.

I know you are only taking these words as a source of humour, but thanks to you, I have a chance to perform a good deed. Of course, whether you see these words as words of evil is totally up to you, and your choice if you wish to listen. Because like it or not, you have read, and a seed be planted. That is all I can and will do :)

Unfortunately, on the topic of Chum, I cannot offer any help. But nevertheless, again, I apologise for "hi-jacking" this thread. So Sui-fuw, I leave you at that. Good luck, and I hope you find much happiness.

BIU JI
10-20-2001, 03:55 PM
Thanks for posting a related reply !!! Chum ging's developed in basic level forms such as JIK BO or in YKM TUNG JI KUEN with basic punching being one of the techniques focused on (a punch is not just a punch), I see chum ging being used when someone front kicks at midsection level and you suil kiul (hammer ) down sinking the stance to cut down through the thigh .
Jik bo teachs it in a basic level, sinking with sat choi , you can practise standing natural and sinking into a horse or front stance then add hands. Then combinations of chum/tan or tou.2 man jongs are good to develop these powers, 2 man forms too!!

CLOUD ONE
10-21-2001, 01:32 AM
Please don't leave this thread Prana.
What we are talking about is ten times more interesting than 'ging' anyway.

I think you are on a mission to spread your gospel, to sew seeds as you put it. It is quite difficult to do over the internet but I admire you for trying. I think all the forum members here are searching for some sort of truth.
Can I ask you a personal question- isn't meditation a form of religion? or what constitutes as a religion.
You mention mindfulness- do you have to be in a meditative state all the time to be like this?
If so how can you get things done?
Do you not put yourself higher than other people when you can say what is good or bad for that person.
don't you have to accept yourself before you accept others?
Does it not bother you how people perceive you?
Just a few questions to rack your brain.
I do hope you will not leave this thread.
Thanx.

prana
10-21-2001, 02:06 AM
Perhaps we chat on another thread, I'll set one up.

CannonFist
10-21-2001, 03:11 PM
Cloud One: I think when you talk about ging it is usually physical but I guess without the "yi" the intention, its hard for the ging to manifest. In regards to the flying kick, after the flight upwards, certainly one has to come down so why can't you manifest the chum ging and destroy he opponent on the way down, maybe by some kind of stomping. Doesn't Pak Mei have some kind of leaping (or flying) kick in its Sup Ji form?

Biu Ji: Thanks for your insights on the training methods of sinking power. You mentioned of sat choi, can you give a little description of what it is?

Shaolin Master
10-22-2001, 01:32 AM
Suai Chui is ur most fundamental straight punch :-)! You know jek bo - biu ji sat choi mo kiu toi cheung.
Can u sink without floating, and can you float without sinking!

Geng fad word of the y2k1.

fiercest tiger
10-22-2001, 02:06 AM
thanks cannon and shaolin, very true!

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

prana
10-22-2001, 02:09 AM
yes I believe FT, I am sorry for the side track. :)

CannonFist
10-22-2001, 02:14 AM
To add to the fad, here's a poem of Pak Mei on ging:-

Yao geng yao ging jao yi sai hung
Mou geng mou ging jao wong yong gung

The translation goes a little something like this...

Have geng have ging, you are among the top in the world
No geng no ging, what is the point of your efforts??

Note: the geng and ging is that of "geng jark ging" (shock power)

fiercest tiger
10-22-2001, 03:52 AM
cannonfist you are a scholar! :D

geng translates as? geng ging

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
10-22-2001, 04:08 AM
doesnt matter mate, most of my threads get torn apart regardless.

thanks for your teachings on buddhism :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

BIU JI
10-22-2001, 02:00 PM
Sat choi as Shaolin stated yes!! basic straight punch although nothing simple about it once you break it down.

Sat choi or 'killing punch" "filling a hole" indicating where you should be striking with it (if you're using phoenix eye) sternum or the throat.
Anyway back to chum ging in sat choi , lets say you're static just to take stepping out of it,if your hands are up and someone throws a straight punch at your mid section you can punch forward and sinking into your front stance, your forearm "bridge" can smash across his bridge to sink him while striking and sinking into him.
Here's how a punch is not just a punch, so our 1st level covers this as well as jik bo of course but it takes time to develope it .

Shaolin Master
10-22-2001, 04:15 PM
Sat (Suai) means to "squeeze in" (ie A Bottle Cork) as Biu Ji inferred (ie fill a hole) but it can in chinese mean to hold in a strategic way as well. Now the squeeze refers to many things in addition to a target area for it also depicts how the strike is thrown out/through and the coiling squeezing force as well.

Everything complicated can be made simple as much as anything simple can be made complicated.

[This message was edited by Shaolin Master on 10-23-01 at 07:24 AM.]

CannonFist
10-22-2001, 04:58 PM
Sat = "killing" or "filling a hole"

So does that mean it can be used interchangeably? This is because when you say "Sat" for both the above different meanings of kill or filling a hole, the sound is actually quite different in Cantonese (kill is a longer sound which sounds like "saart", the other a short "sat") and the characters definitely different. It may not matter much about the names but its nice to know of the intention of the technques from the names.

We tend to just use the term "straight punch" for the "Sat Choi" technique.

BIU JI
10-23-2001, 01:48 AM
Well the exact pronunciation you could tell me about, my cantonese is at best minimal.
Thanks Shaolin, Cannon for that , good to know!
Knowing the meaning of the names themselves tells you where you are striking or what type of power may be needed.
Sifu taught me both depending on how you see the strike , both work anyway . This is one of the things I like about Chinese language.
If we just used english all the time we'd lose alot of deeper meaning to forms etc I feel.
Also have you noticed how a technique may have diffrent names in diffrent forms showing the technique is striking a diffrent area but it is still fundamentally the same technique
eg, in our 4th level we have suil kiul (hammer the bridge, smash the bridge) but in 1st level same technique is pak sau (slap hand), giving another application , angle target area for it.
Anyway food for thought!!

Shaolin Master
10-23-2001, 03:14 AM
BJ,
That is in just one style.(which differ due to regional basis, style basis and conceptual ones)
You should see how the names differ accross many.
The names then become even more bewildering :-)

BIU JI
10-23-2001, 03:56 PM
Prefer to master one system, it's enough! There's more than enough in YKM, I don't need to do another, good to have knowledge of other systems but not if one hasn't been mastered. One is merely a libary then!!

Shaolin Master
10-24-2001, 02:28 AM
yes I agree with you.

Though it is interesting to note that
CLC did quite a few as did Lum Yu Guai and their teachers. As did almost everyone in those days if I recall.

But it is important to master yourself over and above a system :-). Not necessarily what you learn but how, for it is all good.

But YKM seems nice, a little Hung Gar, some Bak Mei and then some internal to boot in the end (27 forms of internal I heard). So it is nicely balanced, so I see how you enjoy it so much.

all the best

fiercest tiger
10-24-2001, 02:43 AM
27 forms of internal? explain this or have you mad a mistake?

i think what bui ji was trying to say is at this day and age with work and family commitments mastering one style is definetly enough. in the days of clc and hhh, lyg they practised all day everyday and stayed with monks at temples. so yes learning more than one system could be done, although a system back then could only be 3-9 forms depending on style of course!

thanks for the cantonese translations too, and cannonfist :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master
10-24-2001, 04:29 AM
Not sure some of your YKM Si Hing mentioned something along the lines that there were 27 but only 3 remain.

But your the YKM-King ( :D ) so I guess you'd best confirm such a thing.

Regarding training time etc....well that is a separate issue that could a thread on its own.
I mean in the past people still worked, had families and the like.

fiercest tiger
10-24-2001, 06:22 AM
true, but clc studied with a monk and so did hhh and lyg so family and stuff was on holt or they didnt care. ykm grandmaster followed monk tit yan before he had kids, so yes it can be done!

my si hing which one? you talking guangzhou bak mei? 27 forms all up or 3 internal plus 24 making 27 forms?

ykm king hmmm dont think so but thanks anyways :)

3 internal forms from the monk the rest is bak mei's clc from guangzhou, 3 forms mixed from hung gar and bak mei!! i have all the history and photos of the late grandmaster doing the forms and chinese names/charaters etc. only 3 internal forms, i believe my si hing is wrong who ever told you this! :(

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
10-26-2001, 02:18 PM
who is my sihing YOU spoke too?

answer me **** it! :) dying to find out who gave you this information? :mad:

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com