PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

monk weed
09-25-2002, 10:08 AM
I would like to extend a warm hello to everyone as I am new to this forum. I look forward to discussing various topics of choy li fut training and techniques. I think it would be interesting to talk about the different methods used for training in clf and compare them to other styles and explore the reasons these methods were developed.

Fu-Pow
09-25-2002, 12:38 PM
welcome to the forum. Which branch of Choy Lay Fut are you from? Have you studied any other arts?

monk weed
09-25-2002, 01:33 PM
I have a good friend who trained for some years in Hong Kong. I don't have a "real lineage" to speak of. I think it might be from the wong gong line because alot of what he showed me resembles the stuff doc fai wong does. However, my training is informal and has been on again off again since 1998. How about youself?

dutch
09-26-2002, 08:48 AM
Hello Monk Weed,

Welcome to the forum!

Dutch

Fu-Pow
09-26-2002, 09:44 AM
I'm from the Hung Sing Branch (w/ Chan Family influence), my teacher is Sifu Mak Hin Fai. His teacher was Lee Koon Hung. I've trained w/ him for 6 years. I also study Chen Taiji on the side but I'm taking a break from that right now to concentrate on my CLF.

Ciao

monk weed
09-26-2002, 12:57 PM
Hi Dutch....thank you.

Fu Pow....Yes, I know of Lee Koon Hung and was very sadden to hear of his passing. I have his book "The Dynamic Art of Fighting." As a person who has limited exposure to the system, I find this book very valuable. I've looked into other clf books but they mostly try to demonstrate a form and I'm not really interested in learning forms from books however I find the demontration of application much more rewarding. I think that when you see different apps. to the forms and the many different ways that that application can be used makes me want to train every possible opportunity (albeit my training time is limited to 2hrs. per night.)