PDA

View Full Version : Attention Ryu and japanese speaking people. Urasai

Ralek
09-25-2002, 08:09 PM
What does "Urasai" mean? I really need to find out what this means.

I'm not sure if i spelled "Urasai" correctly but can you try to translate this into Englsih. This is very important and the sooner you can translate the better. This really is an emergency. Thank you.

Felipe Bido
09-25-2002, 08:59 PM
And after you translate it into Englsih, please, translate it into English.

Ah, and what the hell is Shoui Shoua? :D

Ralek
09-25-2002, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure the correct way to spell it.

Have you ever seen a japanese anime music video? There is nothing cooler than that.

tnwingtsun
09-25-2002, 09:16 PM
It means,GO FU(K YOURSELF:D

Maybe this will help.

Urusei Yatsura is not a person. It's the name of a manga (comic book), TV, and movie series. The title is a pun in Japanese: urusai means "obnoxious," "annoying," or "noisy" and yatsu means "guy" or "fellow". ra is simply a somewhat informal plural. Urusei is a mispronounciation of urusai. In Japanese writing, it is written as: u ru hoshi ya tsu ra, where hoshi is the Chinese character for "star". An alternative pronounciation for hoshi, used only in a compound word, is sei. Hence Urusei Yatsura="noisy-star guys" or, roughly, "Those Obnoxious Aliens!"

PHILBERT
09-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Ralek? (http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://darksonic.50megs.com/stfunoob.gif)

Shadow Dragon
09-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Anybody still watching that piece of crap Anime.
Ranks right out there with DBZ & Gundam. 20yr old rubbish.

Way too outdated, stupid and only appealing to teens who can't get a date.

Get into some REAL Anime, not the teenager junk.

Cheers.

Ralek
09-25-2002, 09:41 PM
I'm not really talking about anime. I just happened to say taht anime music videos are cool. I was not asking the name of an anime.

I just needed to know what Urasai meant. Thank you for telling me what "urasai" means. I really needed to know that. But i'm don't know if this is a good thing now. I guess this means I'm a noisy obnoxious person.

Ralek
09-25-2002, 09:44 PM
When i said i don't know how to spell "it" I was talking about shoui shoui the chinese graplling style.

Then i just happened to say that anime music videos are cool.

This thread has nothign to do wiht anime. Just lettling you know. But now this thread can die since i have found out what the word Urasai means.

SevenStar
09-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ralek
I'm not really talking about anime. I just happened to say taht anime music videos are cool. I was not asking the name of an anime.

I just needed to know what Urasai meant. Thank you for telling me what "urasai" means. I really needed to know that. But i'm don't know if this is a good thing now. I guess this means I'm a noisy obnoxious person.

Go figure...

PHILBERT
09-25-2002, 09:59 PM

You just lined yourself up with jokes with that statement.

Shadow Dragon
09-25-2002, 10:03 PM
Ralek.

You can't spell japanese either, don't try to talk the way you spell and you will end up saying something VERY diferent from what you expected.

BIG difference between "uru" & "ura".

Wanna see your changes on a Date when you get "kirei" & "kirai" mixed up.

:p :p :p

Cheers have fun.

Ryu
09-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Question's already been answered. Who called you "urusai?" :D

and LOL about kirei and kirai. Best to be wary of kusai too.

Ralek on a date with Japanese woman.
"uh... anata wa kusai desune!"

*slap*

Ralek: Oww! what was that for??? :(

:D

What is this in reference to, Ralek? Who used the word?

Incidently, did you guys know I've been learning mandarin Chinese too? ;) Haven't mentioned it, dwey buchi.

Ryu

IronFist
09-25-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Dragon
Wanna see your changes on a Date when you get "kirei" & "kirai" mixed up.

:p :p :p

Cheers have fun.

Hehe

IronFist

Shadow Dragon
09-25-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Ryu
and LOL about kirei and kirai.

There is a true story attached to that one.

One Guy walked up to the local Koban to report that he can't find his Wife as they got seperated somehow.

Officer asks hime to describe his Wife.

Man: Ore no kanai wa kirai da jo.
:eek:

She got him out of police-custody a few hours later.
:p

Seeya.

Ryu
09-25-2002, 10:47 PM
Hehe :D

I actually made kind of a "boob" out of myself a few weeks ago too....literally. :D

Was out eating pizza with Japanese friends, and were talking about counting for some reason. I replied for some reason that counting in Japanese shouldn't be hard for anyone, and was the easiest to learn. I counted, but went too fast :D "Ichi, ni, san, yon, go, roku, "chichi"..... oops! ;) Got some laughs and lost much face......sigh...

Ryu

Shadow Dragon
09-25-2002, 10:59 PM
Ryu.

Too many blooper myself to recall them all.
Atleast as gaikokujin we are given some leeway when they do happen.

Japanese can come up with sime stunning names themselves, know a place called "ChinChin".

Best Shanghai noodles in western Tokyo, but tough to ask your GF to go there.

:D :D

Seeya.

IronFist
09-26-2002, 12:10 AM
I have two words for you: Violence Jackoff.

IronFist

Badger
09-26-2002, 05:47 AM
Japanese to English (http://engrish.com/)

Mr Punch
09-26-2002, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't have said that 'uruse(i)' is a mispronunciation, just a rude one. And hate to say it but even Rleak is not incorrect in his dialectical spelling. Wind up an Edoko and they'll snarl 'uraze(i)' at you complete with a rolled 'r' to make your hair stand on end.

Posted this before, but nobody was interested then either...sniff...:

good japanese dictionary site... but need kanji reader/writer... (http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/cgi-bin/ej-top.cgi)

Ralek
09-26-2002, 06:39 AM

Mr Punch
09-26-2002, 06:40 AM
Now he's typing in morse code, the snake! :D

Ralek
09-26-2002, 06:43 AM
No. "........." just means a pause of silence.

............And if someone says something really wierd or something there might be a pause of silence..............

Badger
09-26-2002, 06:48 AM
Translation:

............ : I'm writing in dots because I am a dumb-Arse.

...... : I am still a dumb-arse.

............... : BJJ is superior but i am still a dumb-arse.

Felipe Bido
09-26-2002, 06:53 AM
When i said i don't know how to spell "it" I was talking about shoui shoui the chinese graplling style.

Oh, you're talking about Shuai Chiao, a KUNG FU system that emphasizes throws...

Ralek...you're losing touch! :( ..my favorite troll is fading

:D

Ralek
09-26-2002, 07:02 AM
Some asked me what "Shoui shiou" was in my signature and i told them i didn't know how to spell it correctly.

Ralek
09-26-2002, 07:05 AM
But really. We can let this thread die now. All i wanted was to know what urasai meant.

But thats ok becuase I understand she always coming up from behind and tackling me.

Badger
09-26-2002, 07:11 AM
Translation:

"But really. We can let this thread die now. All i wanted was to know what urasai meant." = This thread didn't work out as i planned. I am A dumb-a$$.

"But thats ok becuase I understand she always coming up from behind and tackling me." = But thats ok because now i can go jackoff.

Ralek
09-26-2002, 07:16 AM
anime rules

Ralek
09-26-2002, 07:18 AM
Let's change the subject and talk about Terrorrists. I think terroists are bad. Do you think terrorists should be arrested? Why or why not? Discuss.

Badger
09-26-2002, 07:19 AM
Translation:

anime rules = I'm a geek & i never get laid.

Badger
09-26-2002, 07:24 AM
Translation:

"Let's change the subject and talk about Terrorrists. I think terroists are bad. Do you think terrorists should be arrested? Why or why not? Discuss." = My palms are hairy. AAAAAGGHHH!

Ralek
09-26-2002, 07:24 AM
Badger.

Have you heard of francis scott key mall? That is where i bought my jump rope to prepare for the Shaolin Tiger fight.

Ralek
09-26-2002, 07:28 AM
And Badger. Anime is not for geeks. anime is super cool elite.

Badger
09-26-2002, 07:45 AM
*cough*geek*cough*

Badger
09-26-2002, 07:52 AM
Badger.

Have you heard of francis scott key mall? That is where i bought my jump rope to prepare for the Shaolin Tiger fight.

What about it? Do they have really good gummy-bears or something?

Badger

Ryu
09-26-2002, 08:09 AM
Ralek, do you know what the word "otaku" means?

Ryu

Felipe Bido
09-26-2002, 08:11 AM
LOL@ Badger, BabelFish Translator

neptunesfall
09-26-2002, 08:56 AM
the correct saying is 1 year of shuai chiao is equal to 3 years of striking.

Xebsball
09-26-2002, 09:34 AM
Obvious Xebby took over Smartass Xebby and Sadistic Xebby just to tell you this:

Ralek still sucks after all this time.

rubthebuddha
09-26-2002, 10:37 AM
anime rules? boosheet.

o'doyle rules!

Budokan
09-26-2002, 12:54 PM
"Have you heard of francis scott key mall?"

Translation: Mommy, can you buy me another case of hand lotion?

Or, with the proper name proper capitalized and the accent on "mall" another translation might be:

"I do not do racism against Limeys. Froggies, yes, but not Limeys."

The next sentence causes many more difficulties when trying to crack the code. To wit:

"That is where i bought my jump rope to prepare for the Shaolin Tiger fight."

Translation: I've been stalking this girl I know. At least, I think it's a girl, it might just be the neighbor's dog. Hey, I'm not picky!

Again, because of the inherent problems in Rolls' native language, even this apparently simple statement can be open to many different interpretations. It's all a matter inflection, delivery and his own unique mode of spelling. To wit:

The lowercase "i" , while seemingly incorrectly capitalized is actually a clever way to transmit a message to his other geek friends that: "The cartoon fest at my house is on for this weekend, be sure to bring your favorite 20 year old anime" and not simply a cry in the wilderness regarding his low self-esteem. (see Higgins, "Understanding Rolls' Heiroglyphics and the Import of Secret Messages Therein", pg. 34)

The phrase "bought my jump rope" was superbly understood, along with all its hidden ramifications, by Albert Johns in his seminal paper, "Hidden Messages in Rolls' Blathering and Their Import to Western Civilization" published in 2001 in the Journal of International Linguistics.

The interested student might want to take time to look this paper up, although, one must be warned, the mathematics that is necessary to understand the multi-dimensionality of Rolls' seemingly bizarre statements can get pretty difficult....

Hope this helps, fellas.

Your friendly neighborhood Budokan.

Ka
09-26-2002, 05:35 PM
"Noisy"
or if translated in the situation I am thinking, its "be quiet "or "shut up",or perhaps something a little stronger.

Have you been annoying someone????

PHILBERT
09-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Ryu
Ralek, do you know what the word "otaku" means?

Ryu

I do! I do! I do! Mainly because of Metal Gear Solid on the PS1.

Shadow Dragon
09-26-2002, 10:28 PM
otaku = your house in polite japanese.

o = polite prefix
taku = house/living domicile

Jitaku = my house.

It is also used to describe a person that has an interest/hobby that hardly ever takes him away from home.

Seeya.

Ryu
09-26-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Dragon
otaku = your house in polite japanese.

o = polite prefix
taku = house/living domicile

Jitaku = my house.

It is also used to describe a person that has an interest/hobby that hardly ever takes him away from home.

Seeya.

In Ralek's case, that interest/hobby is NOT anime or videogames... :D But it sure keeps him in the house....

diego
09-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Budokan
"Have you heard of francis scott key mall?"

The lowercase "i" , while seemingly incorrectly capitalized is actually a clever way to transmit a message to his other geek friends that:

lofl the bullys "Discovery" network.....

rubthebuddha
09-27-2002, 12:19 AM
hm. if any of the gracies ever put their tighties up on e-bay, how long would it take for ralek to crack open mr. piggie bank?