PDA

View Full Version : fewer trans-fats in popular junk food

rubthebuddha
09-25-2002, 11:08 PM
frito lay and mcdonalds are both on the "better fats" bandwagon as of lately, and i doubt they'll be the only big names to go this route. their motivation is obvious (mcdonalds even moreso, with a fat lawsuit against them by an old fatass), but regardless, the fact remains that their food will be less horrible for you.

question: will this switch toward less-deadly french fries and doritos make a difference in anyone's diet, or will you continue your current habits (be it never, occasional or regular)?

joedoe
09-25-2002, 11:46 PM
The big question is, how often will they switch the type of oils they use when the medical researcher do more backflips?

Saturated = good.
No, hang on, saturated = bad.
No wait, saturated = bad.

:D

IronFist
09-25-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
question: will this switch toward less-deadly french fries and doritos make a difference in anyone's diet, or will you continue your current habits (be it never, occasional or regular)?

That depends if "less-deadly" french fries means "less tasty" french fries.

Hehe :)

I haven't heard about any changes or anything, but it's interesting to watch fast food chains respond to trends.

On a similar note, has anyone tried Arby's Market Fresh Caesar Chicken sandwhich? According to their website it's 800 calories. Sweet! And it tastes really good, too! It's on a huge piece of bread, and when I got one it had a ton of chicken on it.

IronFist

ewallace
09-26-2002, 06:07 AM
Regardless, I will still eat McNuggets when I'm sick because they make me feel better. Other than that I never eat there.

WinterPalm
09-26-2002, 07:22 AM
I refuse to eat at mcdonalds regardless of any campaign they churn out for the masses. I'd rather smoke a cigarette than eat there never mind all the obscene things the full time, minimum wage earning workers that have been there for thirty years do to the stuff. ECH!:eek:

IronFist
09-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by WinterPalm
I'd rather smoke a cigarette than eat there

Assuming you are a non-smoker... OUCH!!!

Hahahahahaha!

IronFist

IronFist
09-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by WinterPalm
I'd rather smoke a cigarette than eat there

Assuming you are a non-smoker... OUCH!!!

Hahahahahaha!

IronFist

Qi dup
09-27-2002, 08:54 AM
I eat at mcD's maybe once a year, and that's a big maybe. I really don't have a problem with what the put in there food, it just doesn't taste that good to me. I can go to the Breck brewery and get a bigger burger and more fries with a pint of beer for 5$. So until Mcdonalds can match that I'm not going. I do like doritos however, it doesnt' matter to me to much what kind of fat the put in them. I eat those probably once ever two or three months, usually when I'm on a road trip.

I do like to eat at Arby's, five roast beef sandwitchs for 5$ dollars really puts a smile on my face:)