PDA

View Full Version : schools near lusby, maryland

rubthebuddha
09-26-2002, 02:58 PM
howdy all. my brother is moving to lusby, maryland in a few, and i'd like to provide him with a few schools nearby and perhaps brief descriptions of what they teach and their reputation.

any suggestions?

rubthebuddha
09-26-2002, 10:33 PM
now i know we have some mofos who are in maryland. get talkin!

Merryprankster
09-27-2002, 02:25 AM
Dude, Lusby is WAAAAAAAAY the heck south, out in the boonies.

Good luck :)

Stranger
09-27-2002, 04:39 AM
Where is Lusby?
What is it near?
Is it to the east or west of the Chesapeake Bay?

ShaolinTiger00
09-27-2002, 06:32 AM
Lusby Maryland is in Calvert county and located at the land point where the Patuxent River meets the Chesapeake Bay (Lusby is on the west side of the bay) It is in the boonies, but very beautiful, quiet and peaceful. Many residents there work at the Patuxent Naval Air Station just a few minutes away.

My san shou/kungfu brother Scott Westcamp teaches kungfu at North Beach just 10 mnutes north of Lusby. Scott teaches Shaolin Longfist and Jow Ga as well as san shou for those interested in fighting.

Contact utterbacksifu@aol.com (Gary Utterback) for details about time and directions.

apoweyn
09-27-2002, 07:11 AM
good grief. i went to college about 10 minutes from patuxent base and i've never even heard of lusby.

i know of a couple of individual teachers down there, but no established schools. besides, sounds like shaolintiger has your answer.

stuart b.

ShaolinTiger00
09-27-2002, 07:31 AM
Stuart from St. MAry's go north on rt 5, turn left on St andrews church road and cross the Patuxent river bridge (going towards Solomon's island) turn left and head north on rt 4. welcome to Lusby!
(I love calling Lusby natives Lusbians!)

apoweyn
09-27-2002, 07:47 AM
shaolintiger,

huh. perhaps i've actually been to lusby then, and didn't even realize it. i've kicked around on that side of the bridge a little.

lusbians. LOL

apoweyn
09-27-2002, 08:09 AM
since i'm avoiding filling out my 'employee self evaluation' for work (read: opportunity to screw myself out of a decent raise), i figured i'd quickly describe the martial arts scene in st. mary's county (as it existed 9 years ago, when i was down there). excluding the martial arts club that we started on campus, that is.

there was a jowga teacher who had flyers up around lexington park. taught out of a racquetball court somewhere down there, if memory serves.

then there was the firehouse. on tuesday nights, a volunteer fire department hosted a martial arts club. about 40 people of varying skill levels, styles, etc. we only went once, though i'm not sure why. it was a pretty decent experience. a couple of shaolin guys and a whole lot of karate.

stuart b.

Fist of Mantis
09-27-2002, 07:40 PM
Seung Ga Faat is in Takoma Park Md.He posts on KFO sometimes.He can be a bit of a pain but,he knows his s--t !!!!

rubthebuddha
09-27-2002, 09:13 PM
thank you gentlemen. :)

yeah, he has a view the chesapeake from his back porch. i haven't seen the c. bay, but i hope it's prettier than pamlico sound. :p