PDA

View Full Version : two questions

PlasticSquirrel
10-17-2001, 05:35 AM
alright, i have two questions that i hope some people can answer.

1. what are the fundamental principles of the hand form sometimes referred to as "one finger pointing towards heaven"?

2. why are there no pictures of wong fei-hung? he's probably the biggest folk hero in the history of china, and lived up until around 1920, so why aren't there any pictures?

thanks for any answers in advance :)

iron_silk
10-17-2001, 07:05 AM
well I can't help you with the first one,...

and not really the second one BUT I have seen a debate in a Chinese newspaper a couple of months back when they were debating whether a specific picture shown in the newspaper was either actually Wong Fei Hung or his son.

The story was something like a news reporter ask Mok Gwai Lan regarding pictures taken of WFH and she showed him one. And when he asked to borrow it, she let him, not knowing he would never return it. Years later it became in possession of Leung Ting.

Hope this proves interesting if not completely useless.

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 07:48 AM
well the one finger goes back along time not in chinese but indian religion of hindu.

one of the gods i cant remember which one, it uses the one finger and an circle of energy is around it! :)

anyone know the name of this hindu god?

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

illusionfist
10-17-2001, 01:15 PM
Well the one finger points towards heaven is also known as yat jee wai sai, or one finger holds up the world. This is important to hung gar because it shows the historical roots. World can refer to a nation, or even an era.

Peace :D

sui-fuw
10-17-2001, 02:30 PM
as i was told,this represents how many ways to heavan?if everybody points to heavan,then they are missing the heavan and therefore seperating themselves from heavan,instead to be heavan for everything is here.....now i don't know what it means but thats what i'm being told.
to die and find out,that would be the ultimate experirience.

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 02:43 PM
i thought heaven and hell is created in the mind, we are all living in hell now!

to hell with you all!

its a hell of a place!

go to hell!

its hot as hell here!

anyone else with hell lines...? :D

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

sui-fuw
10-17-2001, 02:47 PM
hell is here too.but so is heavan how can we seperate them without the destruction of ourselves?

Buby
10-17-2001, 04:40 PM
Sifu,
When you get the chance can you hook me up with some good reads on daoism. We spoke about the I-ching are there others? Thanks a mil.

Suifuw - Can I ask you if you are buddist or daoist?

Buby

fiercest tiger
10-17-2001, 11:51 PM
tao te ching is another good read as long as the translations are decent and you can understand them.

sui fuw

hell is what we make it, so heaven must be the same. i wonder if having a quiet life, no attatchments will bring narvana? hahaha im far from it, see you all in the next life! :)

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

L D S
10-18-2001, 12:06 AM
On this site you will find a picture of Wong Fei Hung:
web page (http://www.huangfeihong.com.cn)

Probably it's just a picture of one of his sons.

Ling

sui-fuw
10-18-2001, 01:02 PM
f.t so if i make a child would that be hell?if i menipulate some-one to die would that be heavan? :D thats is,not getting attached to any of these,say getting paid for it? :)

Bastet
10-18-2001, 10:30 PM
yes im attatched to many things in this life...looks like ill be here for a while i guess? :rolleyes:

Kung Lek
10-18-2001, 10:53 PM
Ling, you surmised correctly, that is Wong Fei Hung' eldest son.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

sui-fuw
10-19-2001, 02:26 AM
basted youve lost me :confused:

Bastet
10-19-2001, 05:53 AM
Thats because FT didn't sign out of my username before he posted his comment. Thanks honey!

Sorry about the confusion (hail eris!)

bean curd
10-19-2001, 12:27 PM
gung lek,

the photo is WFH's third son, first son wong yi sam was murdered before this photo was taken

peace

CPS
10-19-2001, 02:13 PM
The website Ling mentions tells it might be WFH, not that it is; "It looks it might be real".

It is <most probably> a picture of Wong Hon Hei, the fourth son (and after the oldest son died the third son). This son was one of the two sons that went to HK together with Mok Gwailaan.

The picture appeared in a Wing Chun book by Leung Ting.
In this book there is a little part on Hung Ga (page 92 to be exact) and on page 93 is a picture with following text (translation):

“In 1976, Leung Ting helped a friend to collect some information for magazine Real Kung Fu. So, he visited Mrs. Mok Gwailaan. He didn’t only get some information there, but also a one real photo of Wong Feihung. Since there were many problem, this photo couldn’t be showed until today, in this book.”

According to the Wong Family and Mok Gwailaan students there is NO picture, as the school and home of WFH burned down and WFH died shortly after.

Also this book contains several pictures of Leung Ting (e.g. with Yip Man) of which is proven that they are fake (Wing Chun sites and the Wing Chun section of this forum), so the source just isn't reliable.

[This message was edited by CPS on 10-20-01 at 05:22 AM.]

bean curd
10-20-2001, 04:28 AM
charris,

just out of curiousity, does it say when this photo of third son or fourth, depending on how you look at it lol, was taken.

i have not read or seen leung tings' book, so would be interested in if time is given.

the reason i ask is due to timeline.

thanks

CPS
10-20-2001, 08:35 AM
Hi Beancurd,

No date is mentioned, as far as I know.
I will put some info with scans on my site later, as this still seems to be an hot issue.