PDA

View Full Version : Iron Body/Palm training

Viper555
09-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Could some of you guys tell me how you do iron body and iron palm training.I've read about it and it seems like it would be really cool to be able to do the stuff they do.Thanks for any help on this.

David Jamieson
09-26-2002, 05:28 PM
For palm, I work the Mung Bean bag. Using a "falling" hand technique. Hand forms I use are, the full palm, the full back of the hand, the heel of the hand, the knife ridge of the hand then the cranes beak hand form.

I use a low stance, with the bag directly in front of me at waist level.

Horse, Horse, Horse, left B&A, Horse, for the right hand.
Horse, Horse, Horse, right B&A, Horse, for the left hand.

Five strikes equals one side before switching.

The five strikes with both sides equals one "set".
This is the basic exercise. Dit Da Jow is used afterwards. qigong before and after are good as well. Gongs that you raise your arms up in are good for after.

For Iron body, again, mung bean bags but thin and long. Also qigong that regulates the fast twitch muscles to "harden" quickly through concious effort. Iron body is only in part about striking yourself with a tool or with your own hands or other objects. It has quite a lot of mental exercise and acute body awareness exercises such as silencing the mind and flowing or cycling "chi" through concious effort.

In truth, these exercises at the more attuned levels cannot be layed out in sets, and descriptions of repetitive actions. Instead they really require a personal individual experience to bring them to the state of Kungfu.

peace

Nexus
09-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Also reverse breathing is a foundation exercise for some types of Iron Shirt Chi Kung. When a strike occurs, a reverse breath is applied channeling the strike downward into the earth, allowing for absorbtion of large amounts of force. It is fairly clear when shown in person how the training occurs.