PDA

View Full Version : sum chien

cogg
09-27-2002, 04:07 AM
anybody else practice the sum chien (three wars) form? just wondering as i havent heard much about it in other styles.

Leto
09-27-2002, 07:01 AM
Where did you hear about it? what is it from?

Crimson Phoenix
09-27-2002, 07:17 AM
there is a sam chien/san zhan form in a LOT of major southern styles: white crane, some tiger, wuzuquan, taizu etc...and the list goes on...

cogg
09-27-2002, 08:36 AM
I study tiger-crane combination here in the uk. Thanks for the reply Crimson Phoenix do you practice the form yourself? Im pretty certain Sam Chien is the same form, my master is from singapore and the language over there is a bit of a mix of everything.:confused:

Crimson Phoenix
09-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Indeed, it is the same form, since it is very very widespread in southern styles...of course, you have variations inside a style and from styles to styles which might make them appear a little different but roughly, you definitely taste the same flavor and some parts are identical....
I do not practice it myself, it is included in my white crane style (zong he=ancestral crane sub style), but I haven't learnt it yet. I saw it, however, and I also saw the one coming from the eating crane substyle and there are little differences already. So don't be worried if you come across a San zhan in a southern style that is not exactly the same, it's very common...the flowers may look different, but the roots are the same...
I hope that helped, even if it was a weak contribution to your question :)

Do you study with Denis Ngo??