PDA

View Full Version : tree worship

jbmmaster
09-27-2002, 08:54 AM
Recently an old asian man moved into the house up the street from me. Every morning i see him bowing to a small tree with little plastic bags on it. what the hell is this man doing? I have also seen him stretching and hopping around. is this some kind of asian religion or does this relate to martial arts?

Should i approach this man and ask him to take me under his wing and teach me the ways of martial arts?

Josh:D :D :D

apoweyn
09-27-2002, 09:04 AM
more likely, he just got a little too inquisitive about the fire ants. perhaps you should ask him whether he needs to be hosed down.

stuart b.

[Censored]
09-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Walk up to him very quickly and you will find out what he knows. :)

eulerfan
09-27-2002, 10:45 AM
And keep this in mind at all times: schizophrenia is just as likey in the Orient as the Occident.

Former castleva
09-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Approach him sincerely and ask politely what he might be doing.
If he is chinese,you might want to start your sentence like "Old man,I wonder bla bla bla..."
It is polite to call an old man with that name in chinese tradition.

:)

yenhoi
09-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Sounds like a feng shui cultist.

Kristoffer
09-28-2002, 02:38 AM
In China people always go up early to strech, exercise and do qi gong. There is a practise wich you 'stare' at a tree for a long time, even hours. I saw this alot over there.

anton
09-28-2002, 02:59 AM
Could be a Shinto thing :confused:

Chang Style Novice
09-28-2002, 07:44 AM
The only reason I know to decorate a plant with plastic bags is to isolate male and female blossoms so pollination will not occur. This permits the flowers to grow much larger and more robust without yielding either fruit or seed (depending on the plant.)

The most typical reason for employing this technique (again, that I know of) is to grow sinsemilla bud. I'm not saying that this guy is definitely a pot farmer, but it sounds like stuff I know pot farmers do.