PDA

View Full Version : Training with Royce today

SevenStar
09-28-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm going to a Royce seminar in a few hours. it's 5 hours today and 5 hours tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Chang Style Novice
09-28-2002, 08:31 AM
Ask him what he'd do if he ended with a 700 lb sumotori in his gaurd who flattened himself out as low as possible looking for a "smother" submission.

Or don't.

SevenStar
09-28-2002, 08:37 AM
I'll be sure to ad that to my list of questions. I may ask for one of those "You watch you mouth call me lame" shirts too

eulerfan
09-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Guys, how did you manage to register on this board before the internet was invented?

Chang Style Novice
09-28-2002, 08:40 AM
I borrowed this really spiffy DeLorean...

SevenStar
09-28-2002, 08:57 AM
You did too?

SevenStar
09-28-2002, 10:07 AM
I'm off to choke out...er...umm.....learn from Royce. :D Some people had asked questions about what the seminar was gonna be like in a previous thread. I'll have some answers tonight.

Qi dup
09-28-2002, 10:26 AM
Sounds cool.

Felipe Bido
09-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Roke Choyce!...I mean, D'amn...Choke Royce!

Water Dragon
09-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
I'm off to choke out...Royce. :D .

I don't see why not. You are a Judo guy :D

SevenStar
09-28-2002, 06:22 PM
Royce would CHOKE me....and he did. I got a pic of him choking me. Funny thing is that he was really applying pressure and the flash wouldn't work - it flashed before I had to tap though.

He's a really cool guy. and hilarious. he was saying that Royler is psycho and holds mad grudges - and hates to be touched unless you're grappling. One time a FRIEND of his tapped his shoulder and head to get his attention. Royce was like "If someone did that to me, I just forget about it.....Royler didn't sleep for two days" on the third day, he saw the guy on his knees (they were all training) and sneaked up behind him and began to choke him. In the words of royce "Don't F with Royler....he's got MAJOR issues"

Day 1 was pretty cool. we spent an hour on various choking techniques and an hour on transitioning and positioning followed by an hour of drilling and an hour of Q&A. The first hour was just rolling. I got to talk to him quite a bit, and asked him about "The Gracie Diet" which he told me was mainly about digestion, not gaining or losing weight. It's just how they combine foods to make digestion easier.

Of course, we had to ask him about the yoshida fight, which he said was all about money....look out for a rematch. he said there were some politics behind it also, and some cheating. for example, he did not like the ref, and said beforehand that he didn't want that guy reffing the fight. THEY PUT IT IN THE CONTRACT that the guy wouldn't ref, and the day before the fight, they told him that the guy was gonna ref. also, there were supposed to be no strikes to the head allowed, but the day before the fight they told him that kicks to the head would be allowed. their reason was that by MMA definitions a kick was not a strike. he was like "I know I'm brazilian, but I believe that in the american dictionary, a kick classifies as a strike" he wasn't afraid of striking, but the prior agreement had been no head strikes.

he said helio and royler were ****ed and that it wouldn't surprise him if in ten years some "crazed unidentified guy" (royler) saw yoshida in the street and sucker punched him.

SevenStar
09-28-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Water Dragon

I don't see why not. You are a Judo guy :D

All the more reason not to choke him...I didn't want yoshida flashbacks :D

NorthernMantis
09-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Royce would choke..uuuhhh Royce:D

rogue
09-28-2002, 06:48 PM
Guys, how did you manage to register on this board before the internet was invented? We were all roomies of Al Gores in college and he let us in early on this mad crazy internet idea he had back then. Gene Ching put it together during an overly lengthy Dead jam.

I'm still kicking myself for passing an oppurtunity for a Royce seminar. Time to go home from work.

SevenStar
09-29-2002, 07:33 AM
I'm off to day 2 now. We'll see what happens.

txwingchun
09-29-2002, 08:14 AM
You should've aksed for his sweaty underwear, mailed those off to Ralek. That way Ralek could sniff a pair of Royce's undies next time he's at home beating off to his gracie video.

dre
09-29-2002, 08:21 AM
. . .thats harsh. . .

MonkeySlap Too
09-29-2002, 08:36 AM
Hey Seven, there was some crazy, skinny little Brazilian guy named Hoyo or Hoyler or something knocking on my door. Said he was looking for you. I just started like, tapping him on the chest with my finger and telling him that's what YOU would do if you wuz, like here. Not me, you. He was like 'got it', gotta find that Seven.

I have no idea wehat that was about. You know this guy?

SevenStar
09-29-2002, 05:45 PM
That explains the threatening phone call I got this evening "You watch you kick my arse" it'll probably end up on a t shirt now.

I forgot all about ralek - I shoulda got Royce's jock for him. ah well, I did get an autograph (he signed my GJJ book) so maybe I'll scan and post it so that ralek can print it out and say he has royce's autograph.

SevenStar
09-29-2002, 05:53 PM
today was pretty cool. we did some no gi stuff and spent alot of time rolling and also worked transitioning and combinations. It was a good weekend.

TaoBoy
09-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Royce is coming over to Australia shortly but he won't be anywhere near me and driving 9 hours one way is a little difficult.

He's doing a 2 day (8 hour) seminar for AUD$250. Seven, what was the cost of your weekend?

SevenStar
09-29-2002, 08:42 PM
for us (his training associations) it's $140US for both days. It's a little more for schools that are not one of his training associations.

TaoBoy
09-29-2002, 09:48 PM
Comparable prices.

Thanks.

tnwingtsun
09-29-2002, 10:05 PM
"for us (his training associations) it's $140US for both days. It's a little more for schools that are not one of his training associations."

Glad for ya and hats off to you,no BS,I'm happy that you came away with some great tools!

Next time scrape the sweat off of you and sell it on E-BAY!!

rolls might have some big bucks stached away!!!

Did this happen in Shelby County?

SevenStar
09-30-2002, 02:31 AM
yeah, it was in shelby county

Felipe Bido
09-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Please, 7*, post the pic of Hoyce choking you. We're gonna photoshop it with the title: "ROYCE WOULD CHOKE THIS THREAD, FOO!". :D