PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Emporer's Classic

jun_erh
09-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Anyone read this? I really suck at science, but I kept seeing references to it in stuff I was reading on tai chi and chi kung. I just finished the lengthy introduction and am commencing to start the rest. Some of it pretty interesting, like all the stuff on pulse reading and moxibustion, but some of it is pretty hard to follow like the metal = your liver type stuff. Any one give me some nice cliff notes type stuff so I can work it into a party conversation??

David Jamieson
10-01-2002, 01:24 AM
It's a medical treatise that is said to be over 2000 years old.

Taoist in it's underpinnings, it was started as a further chronicling of Chin shi Huang Ti's pursuit of immortatlity. In the offing of eating mercury and butterfly wing soup, Huang Ti actually discovered some useful things and codified them.

This made the Nei Ching the invaluable resource that it has come to be known. A true medical classic with profound discoveries.

Also, it contains highly erroneous information as does quite a lot of taois "medical" thought when held up to the light of day. But what are you gonna do? Dogs chase cars for reasons even they cannot say.

peace

Repulsive Monkey
10-01-2002, 02:06 PM
This text is a vaulable source of historical Chinese Traditional Medicine and Taoist Alchemical medicine too. Of course there are more detailed Taoist Alchemical text elsewhere.