PDA

View Full Version : French Fries cause cancer?

IronFist
09-30-2002, 05:24 PM
Boooooooo.

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/fc?tmpl=fc&cid=34&in=health&cat=diet_and_nutrition)

IronFIst

Ralek
09-30-2002, 05:41 PM
vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, lettuce, esparagus actually taste bad but you should eat them anyway becuase they are good for you.

Royce Gracie defeated a whole bucnhc of kung fu guys. There is video evidence of this fact. I have it on video tape. The Gracie in action series shows it all. Kung fu fighters are easy to take down and once you get them there they just flap around and go ape shet and easily expose themselves to strikes and submissions.

Leonidas
09-30-2002, 05:42 PM
Hey no sh!t.

Did they really have to waste government money (prolly in the millions) and the half meg' of webspace it took restate the obvious and type up that article.

I think its job security. They had to pull something out of their asses on the fly so it seemed like they were actually working.

:p

Leonidas
09-30-2002, 05:46 PM
Really now Ralek. You can do better than that.

For shame. :o

tsk tsk

You didn't even troll on topic.

Ralek
09-30-2002, 05:53 PM
It's not a troll. It's just stating facts. It is based on scientific research just like the french fry study.

If something can be repeated over and over again with the same results then there is strong evidence to scientifically support the french fry theory or the fact that BJJ white and blue belts have been defeating kung fu people in challenge matches.

And there is evidence of BJJ's victories unlike kung fu's victories which only exsist in legends of 1000's of years ago.

ewallace
09-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Actually Ralek, that was a beautiful threadjack attempt.

ewallace
09-30-2002, 05:55 PM
And I find it funny that an advertisment for a cellular phone was at the top right next to the article. A new study that has just came out disproves the cellphone-cancer theory.

TaoBoy
09-30-2002, 05:56 PM
Could a BJJer choke himself out on French fries?....Hmmm? They can be deceptive little things.

Ralek
09-30-2002, 05:57 PM
Attempt? I am attempting nothing. My only purpose is to fight kung fu people. Stating facts makes kung fu people want to fight. And hopfully get them to accept my challenge which is still going on.

ewallace
09-30-2002, 05:58 PM
Well fine then. See if I ever compliment you again.

I'll fight you.

SevenStar
09-30-2002, 06:15 PM
that was a good try. One of the best I've seen. Back to topic though, this month's issue (or maybe last month's, I gotta check) of men's health had a write on that same study.

ewallace
09-30-2002, 06:17 PM
Could a BJJer choke himself out on French fries?....Hmmm?
You ever tried to pull guard on one of those greasy little fuc.kers? They are like sweaty midgets.

I need to lay off of the happy cans tonight.

Ralek
09-30-2002, 06:18 PM
But i can only fight people who live nearby. I can only travel short dietances. If you are in mayrland or close by then i can fight. I can't go traveling the world though.

SevenStar
09-30-2002, 06:24 PM
does anyone actually live in MAYRLAND besides you? what DIETANCE is it from maryland? you need to drop bjj and go to a spelling seminar. As the ambassador, you make the art look bad.

ewallace
09-30-2002, 06:25 PM
Well if your diet won't let you come to san antonio then you're S.O.L.

Do you think I'd actually let you pull mount after a few rounds of Tex Mex? You'd be scootin' like an 8 month old cocker spaniel.

If you change your mind I will be in the park on friday on a red bicycle.

Felipe Bido
09-30-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Ralek
I can only travel short dietances.

Dietances...and the thread is about food...weird, man...WEIIRRRDDD

Chang Style Novice
09-30-2002, 06:42 PM
Broccoli, lettuce, asparagus, and carrots are DELICIOUS!

Schmuck.

Ralek
09-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Let's keep on topic. Don't respond unless your serious about fighting me.

Chang Style Novice
09-30-2002, 06:55 PM
You brought up broccoli carrots lettuce and asparagus.

Schmuck.

TaoBoy
09-30-2002, 07:18 PM
I swept some French fries once - just your basic sweep (w/ broom).

:D

Chang Style Novice
09-30-2002, 07:19 PM
One thing's for certain - Ralek with never ketchup to my skill. That's why he's so salty.

Leonidas
09-30-2002, 08:20 PM
Aye Carumba. Stop it with the puns.

My eyes.

Lice
09-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Ralek
Let's keep on topic. Don't respond unless your serious about fighting me.

Yes, let's keep on topic. I believe the topic was fried foods causing cancer. You're the one who changed the subject.

Fish of Fury
09-30-2002, 08:49 PM
so, CSN
is that the sauce of all your power?

Fish of Fury
09-30-2002, 08:50 PM
oh, and on topic...
acrylamide is also a low level water additive

Xebsball
09-30-2002, 08:52 PM
Ralek...

The image of my acid urine falling on your face and melting your eyes never leaves my mind.

David Jamieson
10-01-2002, 12:45 AM
1. anything cooked becomes more carcinogenic the longer it is cooked. THat char broiled steak you like will give ya as much cancer as the french fries.

2. Ralek, a challenge is something that you extend and meet. "I can only travel short distances" or "I can't leave this geographical area" dumps your credibility in this area.
You don't want to fight kung fu people, you want to post here and try to get others who post here angry with you because that is your psychological comfort zone. I'm not even gonna speculate about all the possible underlying reasons for your consistent behaviour patterns.

3.The internet is about as useful a research tool in it's whole as a telescope is for a blind guy. You want genuine information you simply must do the learning by doing the learning. The only "good word" is hard facts garnered by experience. The rest is a matter of giving in and trusting the experience and facts of someone else. If you don't hear it, see it, smell it, touch it then it probably isn't real, but always leave a little room for an open mind, just in case.

peace

ewallace
10-01-2002, 02:58 AM
Ralek just in case you don't know I was yankin your chain. I am not even a kung fu guy. Well curently that is.

vingtsunstudent
10-01-2002, 04:02 AM
''I can't go traveling the world though.''
but just imagine how much more physically fit(for all your challenge matches with kung fu masters) and richer(for all your advanced bjj video tapes) you'd be if you expanded the paper run you do on your scooter.
grow up little boy.
vts

neptunesfall
10-01-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
what DIETANCE is it from maryland? you need to drop bjj and go to a spelling seminar.

LMFAO@ sevenstar.
sorry man, but that was funny as hell.

PS - asparagus makes your pee smell funny.

txwingchun
10-01-2002, 06:20 AM
Since this is off topic anyway. True story a few weeks back at a Kenpo school my friend goes to on a saturday. A few guys taking BJJ worked out with some students from the kenpo school the BJJ guys lost. All of them incuding the instructor couldn't handle the kenpo students skills. Yes they were real BJJ'ers.

Felipe Bido
10-01-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by txwingchun
Since this is off topic anyway. True story a few weeks back at a Kenpo school my friend goes to on a saturday. A few guys taking BJJ worked out with some students from the kenpo school the BJJ guys lost. All of them incuding the instructor couldn't handle the kenpo students skills. Yes they were real BJJ'ers.

Heh, be prepared to hear these questions:

"What were the names of the black belts?"
"What School?"
"They were not real BJJ'ers"

-...and such...

guohuen
10-01-2002, 08:14 AM
I know that the fast food idiots add some form of sugar(probably high fructose corn syrup) to french fries so they'll brown quicker, but where in the hell is the asparagine coming from. It's naturally occuring, but not in any significant quantity exept in sprouts.

Ralek. Shut up. You're taxing my patience today.

norther practitioner
10-01-2002, 08:27 AM
Hey, think of it this way, statisticly, if we all lived long enough, we'd all get cancer.....

cooked foods cause cancer, wow, what a headline....****, I think we've known this for a # of years. Thats why I dig sushi and such... boiled and steamed foods are better for you also....

Good point Ralek....you are an idiot......I'd tell you to bring it, but I'm not flying all the way there to kick your arse, and I know your sorry ass can't afford a flight out to Denver on account that you probably spend all your money on watching sweaty guys roll around on the ground.

Budokan
10-01-2002, 08:59 AM
"The image of my acid urine falling on your face and melting your eyes never leaves my mind." -- Xebsball, to Rolls

Folks, it just doesn't get any better than that. :D

Hey, guys, I wanted to travel to California this summer to visit my in-laws, but I couldn't go because it was too much of a dietance.
;) Do you guys find you have that problem, sometimes? You want to go somewhere, but can't logistically plan the trip in the time alloted you because of the dietance involved...?

Rolls, you are a beautiful example of the ills associated with public education...LOL!

As far as the study that fast food fried in three day old rancid grease gives you cancer, well, who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

Chang Style Novice
10-01-2002, 09:58 AM
To be fair to rolls (much as it goes against everything I believe in) "e" is very close to "s" on the computer keyboard. It was probably just a simply typo.

Of course, he's still a schmuck.

cogg
10-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Ralek to be fair i train with a BJJ instructor, we are both studying tiger-crane combination, and Lohan (both kung-fu). The BJJ instructor has been studying for a good 15 years, and yet when he comes to train at kung-fu he does not wipe the floor with the rest of us, he cannot touch my teacher. so maybe its time to accept that its Royce Gracie who wins UFC not BJJ. Or in simpler terms Its not the style its the individual.