PDA

View Full Version : Mizong Quan

Kilik
10-01-2002, 06:23 AM
I was wondering if anybody practices Mizong Quan or has any infomation,video clips etc. on the style.

The only thing i know about it, is what i read in Kung Mag's millenium issue where they profiled the top 100 chinese styles. It's apparently a rare style of longfist and emphasis on quick foot movements. I think the current keeper is 8th generation, Lu Junhai (spelling?):o

If anybody can help, it will be much appreciated...

Losttrak
10-02-2002, 01:55 PM
Mizong? Ma Jhong ? Michung? Check out www.leeswhiteleopardkungfu.com

Brad
10-02-2002, 02:14 PM
I practice a Mizong form, but I really don't know much about the style. Just that Mizong and Mizong Lohan are two different(but related) styles. I've read at least 4 different origin stories from two seperate sources, and 3 different origins for what the name "Mizong" means:1.Lost Track 2.Secret Ancestry and 3.A type of monkey :P

Losttrak
10-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Its a very interesting style... def takes alot of understanding of human movement to get what some of the forms mean/translate to.. but i guess that depends on the user. The spirit fit me so I studied it. Deception and formlessness with misleading body movements. Lotta conditioning as your body must be able to do things people can expect you to do. =p Thats My Jhong to me.

Colin
10-03-2002, 06:59 AM
Yep, Master Lu Jun Hai is the 8th generation Master of Mizong fist.

check out http://www.vtay.com/ukjwcki/
of if the link fails do a search on LuJunHai.

Master Lu is incredibly skilled, and a nice bloke to boot!

Also there are currently a couple of VCD's available on ebay detailing the first two forms.

cheers
Colin............................

HuangKaiVun
10-03-2002, 07:35 AM
I just picked up the "Yanqingquan" book written by Chen Fengqi and ChenYouliang.

It's neat for me to see what appears to be a strong influence of Muslim Cha Quan alongside characteristic Nei Jia postures.

stimulant
12-15-2003, 03:26 AM
Hello boys and girls...

I have a Mizong family tree drawn up by Master Lu Jun Hai (6 generation heir Mizong and 9th generation heir Qing Ping Jian).

It is in chinese, and master Lu says that every style of mizong, mizhong, my jong long horn, blah blah blah etc, should be able to trace their liniege back to someone on the family tree.

Contact me if you want it.

Master lu was featured in a recent kung fu / tai chi magazine article - " The artisits & artistry of Mizong quan" by Hon Lee.

Brad
07-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Found this on the calander:

09-19-2004
MIZONG SEMINAR
All day seminar covering the Yanqingjia short form from the Mizong system. This unique form emphasizing the development Qi is considered Mizong's "mother" form. It combines techniques from Bagua, Xingyi, Taiji and Shaolin, and helps students learn proper footwork, hand and leg techniques, and good body mechanics needed for more advanced Mizong routines.
For more information, contact: Jow Ga Shaolin Institute
Phone: 703-742-7800
Event Address: 600 Carlisle Drive
Herndon, VA, 20170 USA
Online: info@jowgashaolin.com - jowgashaolin.com

Anyone here from this school? If you are, is previous experience required/recomended in this form or is it taught from the begining? Also what branch of Mizong Quan is this? And lastly, how good would this form be for older people, health wise? I know some Mizong Quan(well, only one form actually... :p ) and I'd really like to devote more time to learning about this wushu style :)

Brad
07-19-2004, 04:14 PM
BTW, anyone checked out the two new Mizong Quan books being sold on plumpub.com? I bought the first one, and it's pretty nice. Very good and clear photos, and a nice little history section at the begining. No form applications other than the partner set though :(

http://www.plumpub.com/sales/kungfu/bk_yanqing.htm

Brad
07-21-2004, 01:00 PM
bump

stimulant
12-18-2004, 03:39 AM
The smeinar has gone and I've no idea if you went....

but it would have been original Mizong quan as the teacher is a disciple of Lu Jun Hai.

lamakwoklee
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
I'd like to know what are the 20 or so most popular hand and weapon forms of Yanqing Mi Zong Quan. I'm particularly interested in those that were transported to Taiwan from Hebei, and Shandong. Also do any forum members know what Mi Zong forms were combined, or should I write recombined with Yep Yeh Ting's village Lo Han Quan to form Mi Zong Lo Han Quan?

lamakwoklee
06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Where did all the Mizong Yi guys go? I've read that this art is very widespread in Northern China and Taiwan, and is one of the most respected arts. Was I wrong?

SPJ
06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I have collected some info on Mi Zhong.

I have info of a few routines, Qin Na and anti Qin Na and 2 man drills, sword play, staff etc.

There are similar moves from Luo Han Shou.

If the two combined, I really dunno know much.

I was told before. I never paid attention.

I spent much of my time in Tai Chi and Ba Gua in colleges in the 80'.

Maybe other old timer would know.

:confused:

SPJ
06-04-2005, 05:37 PM
There are over 100 sets of Yan Qing/Mi Zhong Quan.

I have collected 2 books from Chen Feng Qi, born 1905. Cang Zhou Prefecture, He Bei.

He is the fifth direct descendant of Sun Tong.

In 1931, he passed the entrance exam for Nan Jing Kuo Shu institute with flying colors and rated first grade practitioner.

There are 6 routines in the 2 books.

I like the Qin Na and anti Qin Na set.

It is called Zhai Kou Zi or remove the button.

:)

Shaolin Master
06-04-2005, 09:41 PM
In Hebei there are 3 major variations of Yanqing/mizong quan.
Cangxian & Cangzhou (County/City), Qinghai and Tianjin.

Ours is from Cang county and thereby can only comment on it.

There are around 30 empty hand sets including the following:

燕青架 Yan Qing Jia Zi
燕青拳 Yan Qing Quan
劈砸拳 Pi Za Quan – Chopping Hammer Boxing
连手拳一路 Lian Shou Quan (1) – Linking Hands Boxing
连手拳二路 Lian Shou Quan (2) – Linking Hands Boxing
连手拳三路 Lian Shou Quan (3) – Linking Hands Boxing
迷踪艺 Mi Zong Yi - Lost Track Skill
绵掌拳 Mian Zhang Quan -
迷踪豹拳 Mi Zong Bao Quan – Lost Track Leopard Boxing
小五虎拳 Xiao Wu Hu Quan – Small 5 Tigers
大五虎拳 Da Wu Hu Quan – Great 5 Tigers
小进拳 Xiao Jin Quan – Small Entering
大进拳 Da Jin Quan – Great Entering
奔打 Ben Da – Charging Strikes
迷踪靠 Mi Zong Kau - Lost Track Closing In
绵正拳 Mian Zheng Quan - Cotton Strikes
武松拳 Wu Song Quan – Hero Wu Song’s Boxing
红燕拳 Hong Yan Quan - Red Swallow Boxing
四门拳 Si Men Quan - 4 Gates Boxing

There are also 14 Combat (Dui Lian) sets.
Also around 30 or so weapon sets (Inluding 6 sets of Qingping jian(Sword).

Uncle Chen Fengqi is our grandmaster's son.

Kind Regards
Wu Chan Long

GeneChing
06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
My master Tony Chen has tuaght me Jingang quan as a Mizong preparation form. He started to teach me Mizong, but he abandoned me about half way through the form because I wasn't getting it. :o

Here is his video (http://store.martialartsmart.net/prtc010.html)

SPJ
06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Yang Qing Jia Zi is used for internal or Nei Gung.

It took me several years to do everything right.

It is one of the old or classical fighting methods.

Shaolin Master
06-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Yes Yanjing Jiazi is a very critical set, however some of the routines containing the essence of the style such as lianshou, mizongyi and wuhuquan are also fairly critical.

The Xia
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
Just in time for Fearless!

I'll start it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCBSYLvnk4

tattooedmonk
09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
forms and this master...everything as far as I see is right on.....(I know this is your sifu master or whatever ..but do not get P*ssed at me)

.....except the continued collapsed back leg and ankle in some of his stances..it goes against human physiology ,proper body mechanics, structural alignment, and can cause major damage to the knee and ankle...

I have no idea why so many traditional practitioners are guilty of this ..... it can really ruin a performance.....

The reason why I believe I have seen it so much is because people are trying too hard to sink the stance and lack the strength and flexability to do it with the ankle hip and shoulder in alignment.

I know many people will say it is part of tradition ...but what part of tradition permits this obvious problem?? and if stances are the root of Kung Fu then how can this be a strong stance and how can any technique being executed from it have any power??

Great forms and performance overall....

This guy impressed me a long time ago and I have learned a great deal from just watching his performances......

onyomi
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
forms and this master...everything as far as I see is right on.....(I know this is your sifu master or whatever ..but do not get P*ssed at me)

.....except the continued collapsed back leg and ankle in some of his stances..it goes against human physiology ,proper body mechanics, structural alignment, and can cause major damage to the knee and ankle...

Can you describe what you mean by this in greater detail? Are you saying his back foot is turned too far outward or something? I'm not really sure what you're describing here, but keep in mind that Zhou has been practicing since he was 6. Therefore, his joints are unusually limber and allow him to do things which would seemingly injure most people. For example, when he does a "pian-tui" (outward slanting kick you use to attack the opponent's shin with the bottom of your foot), his foot turns out to the side almost until it is parallel with the floor, heel facing forward and the toes pointing to the side.

tattooedmonk
09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Can you describe what you mean by this in greater detail? Are you saying his back foot is turned too far outward or something? I'm not really sure what you're describing here, but keep in mind that Zhou has been practicing since he was 6. Therefore, his joints are unusually limber and allow him to do things which would seemingly injure most people. For example, when he does a "pian-tui" (outward slanting kick you use to attack the opponent's shin with the bottom of your foot), his foot turns out to the side almost until it is parallel with the floor, heel facing forward and the toes pointing to the side. when he is doing his deep cat stance his ankle is rolled inward and his knee looks like it about to buckle toward the centerline, sagital plain, or medially....

his hip, ankle ,and shoulder are not in alignment and this makes the whole structure unstable...

this based on modern understanding of human physiology and body mechanics.

......otherwise this guy blows me away with his skill!!!

Flying-Monkey
09-27-2006, 10:19 PM
I like this video.

Samurai Jack
09-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Forgive me, but is this the style Jet Li does in Fearless? I thought the previews looked a little like Hsing-i and was getting all excited.

cjurakpt
09-28-2006, 04:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-SCCHxrp4&mode=related&search=

onyomi
09-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Mizong-quan is the style Jet Li's character in Fearless, Huo Yuanjia, practiced, but I don't see Jet doing any of it in the movie. What he's doing in that preview looks more like some freestyle Chen Taiji.

Samurai Jack
10-02-2006, 12:47 AM
Ah, too bad. Saw the flick and it looked like standard movie-fu complete with wires and rediculous acrobatics. I hope this really is Jet Li's last kungfu movie. With all the squawking about this and that giving kungfu a bad name, I think these movies do the most damage.

Of course I get all crotchety when I waste good money on a bad movie, so what do I know?

Negativity purged. Carry on.

Flying-Monkey
10-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Ah, too bad. Saw the flick and it looked like standard movie-fu complete with wires and rediculous acrobatics. I hope this really is Jet Li's last kungfu movie. With all the squawking about this and that giving kungfu a bad name, I think these movies do the most damage.

Of course I get all crotchety when I waste good money on a bad movie, so what do I know?

Negativity purged. Carry on.

I agree with Jack. I am tired of these types of movies. I like the old school ones better. They were a little more tame and used more real martial artists.

Green Cloud
10-02-2006, 06:00 AM
I agree Jet Li seems to do the same sh!t in every movie, If we can get away from all the strings and stuff the movie itself had a good message.

mickey
10-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Greetings,

While watching this video, I realized that I saw this kind of flow and energy performed in another form before. It is in one of the ten forms of Ching Wu introduced by Chao Lien Ho (according to NorthernShaolin, these ten came from the Lost Track Style). The form that I am referring to is Kung Li Chuan. This form appears to take the power developed by Kung Li Chuan and trains the practitioner in directing it in various ways, developing skilled strength (from Kung Li chuan to "Su Li Chuan" (skilled/artful strength fist).

mickey

The Xia
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Check out his Bung Bo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj9ygvXt4x0

SanHeChuan
10-03-2006, 01:56 PM
I've seen the movie and it's not hong kong style wire crap. it is a very good movie.

Samurai Jack
10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Did they cut the ten minute scene that takes place on top of the thirty foot high plum flower poles out of the movie you watched? You know, when Jet Li repeatedly defies the laws of gravity to leap from pole to pole, platform to platform? Does this look like anything you've EVER seen in your martial arts school?

Or what about the two American boxers who used straight up PRC Wushu?

Or how about the French Fencer who used PRC Wushu?

Or the Samurai Swordsman who used PRC Wushu?

We must not have seen the same movie.

:p

stimulant
03-12-2011, 04:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYuxaaGuJIs

stimulant
03-12-2011, 04:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2do8WpwbFI

stimulant
03-12-2011, 04:28 AM
In Hebei there are 3 major variations of Yanqing/mizong quan.
Cangxian & Cangzhou (County/City), Qinghai and Tianjin.

Ours is from Cang county and thereby can only comment on it.

There are around 30 empty hand sets including the following:

燕青架 Yan Qing Jia Zi
燕青拳 Yan Qing Quan
劈砸拳 Pi Za Quan – Chopping Hammer Boxing
连手拳一路 Lian Shou Quan (1) – Linking Hands Boxing
连手拳二路 Lian Shou Quan (2) – Linking Hands Boxing
连手拳三路 Lian Shou Quan (3) – Linking Hands Boxing
迷踪艺 Mi Zong Yi - Lost Track Skill
绵掌拳 Mian Zhang Quan -
迷踪豹拳 Mi Zong Bao Quan – Lost Track Leopard Boxing
小五虎拳 Xiao Wu Hu Quan – Small 5 Tigers
大五虎拳 Da Wu Hu Quan – Great 5 Tigers
小进拳 Xiao Jin Quan – Small Entering
大进拳 Da Jin Quan – Great Entering
奔打 Ben Da – Charging Strikes
迷踪靠 Mi Zong Kau - Lost Track Closing In
绵正拳 Mian Zheng Quan - Cotton Strikes
武松拳 Wu Song Quan – Hero Wu Song’s Boxing
红燕拳 Hong Yan Quan - Red Swallow Boxing
四门拳 Si Men Quan - 4 Gates Boxing

There are also 14 Combat (Dui Lian) sets.
Also around 30 or so weapon sets (Inluding 6 sets of Qingping jian(Sword).

Uncle Chen Fengqi is our grandmaster's son.

Kind Regards
Wu Chan Long

I know some of these forms. I Learn from Lu JunHai

http://www.satirio.com/ma/yanqingquan/lineage.html

SPJ
03-13-2011, 05:29 PM
I could not remember the whole sequence

so I divided yan qing jia zi into 5 segments

and practiced one segements at time.

all the other routines are also very long.

I took them apart also and practiced.

PalmStriker
03-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Mizong Guan Phoenix Eye Fist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCBSYLvnk4:)