PDA

View Full Version : Autum Moon Festival and Competition

WushuSpear
10-01-2002, 03:06 PM
I'd like to thank Eddie for hosting a great event last week. It remains the best chinese martial art event on the continent? It's a pity more schools did not support you but if they are caught up in politics, it better they didn't mess it up for the rest of us. Just hope you didn't lose too much money eddie.

Thanks again and well done

Phakade

Eddie
10-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Hi sir, thanks for the kind words. The event was great, and we had allot of fun (just very glad it is all over now). After the audit, we realised that we we did not loose to much money (just a few odd rands), but we are still bussy getting the video together which we will sell in a few weeks time. If you want, call me, I can give you some raw footage (over 9 hours of tape). I got some nice stuff from your school from 3 different angles.
ps- jose (from the usa) had some good things to say about your performance. He loved your hungga form. pitty in that division there was one judge who really messed things up for a few of the competitors.
eddie

WushuSpear
10-03-2002, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear that you didn't lose too much money. I just hope the expirience didn't put you off from hosting future events cause it's my favourite. Let me know when the video becomes avaliable cause I missed all the demos. Jose was a really friendly guy and it was a pleasure to meet him.

Do you know when the footage Clifton took on Monday will be screened on TV. I'd like to tape myself.

In terms of judging, I guess that's life. I can't complain too much cause I haven't trained that form seriously since I trained with Lance 2-3 years ago so bronze was adequate for me. I thought 1st and 2nd should have been the other way around but that's just me.

Take care
Phakade