PDA

View Full Version : OK, everyone wants to know what I look like...here ya go!

wushu chik
10-01-2002, 11:56 PM
For everyone that wants to know what I look like, you can go see a pic of me....

www.fu-ragz.com go to forum, then the crib......

~Wen~

:)

SanHeChuan
10-02-2002, 12:00 AM
have i mentioned that your school web site sucks! Fix it **** you. You can't have a school web site that has zero information besides the name of the school. Tease!

wushu chik
10-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Honey,
Listen to me very carefully.........THE LINKS ARE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE UNDER THE HEADING!! Whew, i feel much better now. Happy hunting!

~Wen~

Shadow Dragon
10-02-2002, 12:28 AM
Wushu-Chick.

Did you test the Page against multiple browsers & Versions??

I see you used Frontpage to create it, this software is known to generate pages that don't work on all browsers.

Have fun.

wushu chik
10-02-2002, 12:31 AM
OK, how do I change it? Like I've said a million times, I don't know what I am doing, just going with it!! :)

~Wen~

Shadow Dragon
10-02-2002, 12:39 AM
Wen.

First verify against a range of browser
(IE, Netscape, Opera, etc) and screen reolutions.

Also try Browser versions that you don't think will be used anymore.

I still get NS3 users on my Site. ;)

Easiest way to fix is to:
1.) Don't use a Web-page creation tool, or atleast a neutral one like Fireworks.
2.) Don't use any fancy coding, JScriptm DHTML, etc.
3.) If use want to use fancy stuff, than you will need to use Jscripts and similar that check for Browser versions and forward them to the right Files.
in short you will have multiple copies of your Web-site, each tuned to a specific browser type or Version.

In addition to those you will also get probs with international Browsers, Character codings and so on.

Sorry, no quick fix solution.

Best leave Business and similar web-sites up to the pro's or people with experience in creating them.

Seeya.

Shadow Dragon
10-02-2002, 12:47 AM
WC.

Your Site is kinda tough as your Store & Chatroom are not hosted on your site.

Otherwise I would have recommended dropping the frames and using a Header/Footer script for the Links.

This is what I use myself.
;)

Seeya.

wushu chik
10-02-2002, 01:14 AM
AHHHHHHHHHH!! I am so confused!! I'll have my sister go over it. She's a website pro!! Thanks SD! I'll tell her what you said, well, actually, she's on here, so she'll probably read it. Thanks again!

~Wen~

Shadow Dragon
10-02-2002, 01:21 AM
WC.

Not a prob.

Some of my friends know more about the stuff than I do, but than it is their daily bread and butter.

A lot of people create their own web-sites do minimal testing and never realise that a many of their Visitors don't get:
1.) A working Web-site
2.) A site that looks ugly on their browsers, due to resolution, etc.
3.) A partially working site or a site that is slow in loading for their connection.
4.) A site that becomes hard to navigate.

And both me and my friends think that this is a commonproblemin a lot of unsuccesful online Businesses/Ventures.

Been myself in IT for nearly 20yrs I know how finicky users can be and got a good idea of what they want and that most of their OS & Browsers are quiet old and much less capable than the current Software.

Most Internet Users will simply cancel a site and never come back if it loads slow, doesn't work well, is hard to navigate, etc.

These same people will hardly ever tell the Web-Site owner about their dissatisfaction with the site.

All the best on your venture.

P.S.: We track & log our Visitors and what Browser, etc they use.

wushu chik
10-02-2002, 03:44 AM
Thanks SD!
I do really appreciate it! I am going to definetly get ahold of her tomorrow and talk with her about it. I am sure there's SOMETHING that she can come up with. She's pretty busy, but I am sure she'd be willing to help!

Thanks again!
~Wen~

anton
10-02-2002, 05:09 AM
Is that pic really you?

Radhnoti
10-02-2002, 07:53 AM
I couldn't get past the second page...could be that you've got the site down for work though.
One small critique.
"bare with us" should read, "bear with us."

Bare IS much more tantalizing and might make some want to come back, but it'd be for the wrong reasons.
:o
;)

LOL at Anton's question. I was in a chat room when WC put up a link to her pic, and that was EVERY SINGLE person's exact question when they came back from looking at her. Was that an inside joke type of question or your honest first response?
She is very pretty.

dezhen2001
10-02-2002, 08:08 AM
kewl pic wen :D been a while since i was here... what did i miss?

david

kungfuyou
10-02-2002, 08:28 AM
Why the h311 do I always miss the pics?!!?! I need to get more coffee and wake up earlier!!!

red5angel
10-02-2002, 08:55 AM
Wushuchick, nice site, its yours? I might have to signup and check it out.

old jong
10-02-2002, 09:20 AM
NO!!!!!! Don't let him signup!....You will have to endure endless lectures about how good is Carl Dechiara forever! :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

old jong
10-02-2002, 09:23 AM
Why not?....You could maybe occupy a lot of his times and..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

NorthernMantis
10-02-2002, 09:35 AM
That's no funny Wen.I thought I was gonna see how you look now. I'm not signing up till I see your recent picture.:D

dezhen2001
10-02-2002, 09:37 AM
it's ok OJ the mods haven't really used all the new functions there yet so need SOMETHING to practise on ;):D

david

wushu chik
10-02-2002, 12:27 PM
Thanks guys....

Red5angel, you're more than welcome to come sign up and visit!!

NM....um, that's about as recent as you're gonna get....I hate pictures, I hate cameras, and I hate having my pictures taken!! It's a phobia I guess you could say!

Radh...Who were you in the chatroom. You were "undercover" weren't ya?? UH HUH!!

YES, that pic is me at about 2 years old. I think the fireman hat goes well with my hair, don't you. ;)

David, How the hell are ya? How's Uni going? It's been a while. Hope to see you soon.....

And bare vs. bear....jeez, technicalities!!!!!! :D I'll change it....

~Wen~

The Willow Sword
10-02-2002, 01:23 PM
she will NEVER show any of us any picture. and the ones that she does have and has sent ,,to me and probably others are not of her anyway.

it is a well known fact that when your picture is taken your soul is taken with it,,,and it takes alot of raindances and chicken sacrifices to get it back,,,,,wow jesus with all the photos out there of me i better start whoopin and hollerin and go to tha chicken coup. ;)

African Tiger
10-02-2002, 02:17 PM
your forum page is down today. Or, since my darn IE stopped working and I have to use Netscape, I may not be compatable?

Fix it! I have to see what my future wife looks like! This isn't one of those Indian arranged marriages, after all :D

KC Elbows
10-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, it's certainly disturbing to know that AT has been flirting with a small boy.:p :D

wushu chik
10-02-2002, 02:49 PM
HA HA KC!
Nah, that's me a LOOOONG time ago! My cousin put that firemans hat on me for a joke and my Grandma took a picture.....I think it's cute......

AT- The servers down I think! I couldn't get into it either.... no matter how i tried to do it.

~Wen~

red5angel
10-02-2002, 02:57 PM
Wushu, I am working on it, it appears I am having problems getting my password but soon, very very soon...........

TaoBoy
10-02-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by wushu chik
um, that's about as recent as you're gonna get....I hate pictures, I hate cameras, and I hate having my pictures taken!! It's a phobia I guess you could say!

YES, that pic is me at about 2 years old. I think the fireman hat goes well with my hair, don't you. ;)

~Wen~

I knew it was too good to be true. :(

PHILBERT
10-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Well if I could figure out how to get my photo website working Id upload my photo of me at 7 and wearing a real fire fighter's uniform.

ewallace
10-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Unlike wendy, here is what I actually look like. Note: I'm the bigger one.
http://user.domaindlx.com/ewallace/images/dadNerica.jpg

eulerfan
10-08-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by PHILBERT
Well if I could figure out how to get my photo website working Id upload my photo of me at 7 and wearing a real fire fighter's uniform.

Wen's would still be better because she's TOPLESS in it.

Titilating.

wushu chik
10-08-2002, 12:43 PM
:D

I am topless in most my old pictures...even some from High Schoolllllllll.......oh dear....did i say that???? Uh, yeah, ANYWAY..... what were we talking about??? :p

~Wen~

TaoBoy
10-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ewallace
Unlike wendy, here is what I actually look like. Note: I'm the bigger one.
http://user.domaindlx.com/ewallace/images/dadNerica.jpg

My eyes, my eyes. My beautiful eyes!! :D

The best photo I have of me is at age 2 in a singlet, wearing sunglasses and holding a can of VB (Aussie beer). Classic shot.

African Tiger
10-08-2002, 08:29 PM
This is what I get for not reading this thread fully....

1. Wen has a sister?????? :D
2. Wen's photos from high school are all topless...

Someone catch my big ass, I think I'm gonna swoon!

KungFuGuy!
10-08-2002, 08:37 PM
WC, why was a thread of mine deleted from your crib board? It says there is no moderation and it has a disclaimer that says you have to be 18 to enter. What the hell?

wushu chik
10-08-2002, 10:46 PM
KFG!~
I don't know, which thread was it? It wasn't me, probably Jason that did it. You'll have to take it up with him. RESTART IT SON!!

AT~
I have 4 sisters! :D

~Wen~