PDA

View Full Version : Wong Fei-Hung Tournament

TenTigers
10-02-2002, 01:26 PM
The chi-sao was much better this year than previous years. I think this might be attributed to the absence of head and chest gear. Also the second round was done on a platform, which was interesting, although it sometimes ended up being a shoving match. It was also funny to watch a certain troll on these boards totally embarrass himself with his lack of skill, what goes areound.....

LC-NYC
10-02-2002, 07:11 PM
Ten Tigers was this tournament in New Jersey? Was it Frank Yees tournament? What Wing Chun schools participated in the tournament?

Matrix
10-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by TenTigers
It was also funny to watch a certain troll on these boards totally embarrass himself with his lack of skill, what goes areound..... OK, I'll bite......... Would you care to name that "troll"? :)

Matrix

TenTigers
10-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Matrix..ah nope. Why don't you ask Mun Hung? heh-heh

Abstract
10-03-2002, 07:26 AM
hey did u make it to the tournament? i know u were busy ..i ended up stayin home w/wifey, she wasn't well, u know...had to do the family thang..

TenTigers, did I miss anything spectacular?:confused:

reneritchie
10-03-2002, 10:20 AM
WTF - name some names, or at least email them (info@wingchunkuen.com...)

RR

aelward
10-03-2002, 03:18 PM
RR writes:
> WTF - name some names, or at least email them
> (info@wingchunkuen.com...)

Inquiring minds want to know... aelward@hotmail.com

S.Teebas
10-03-2002, 03:24 PM
Why don't you ask Mun Hung? heh-heh

Ok, we're all going to assume you mean Mun Hung unless you say otherwise.

TenTigers
10-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Rene, I'm going from memory here, so I know I left some people out. The following Sifus were there with some students: Vingrove Thomas, John Cresscione, Micheal Manganiello,Sydney something (forgot-Chinese, wore a cheong-salm) hat's all I can recall in Wing Chun, there were other short-hand southern systems represented by Sifus like Norman Chin,and Ralph Mitchell buts that's all I recall.

yuanfen
10-05-2002, 12:03 AM
Did Norman Chin demo? Southern Mantis or Hung Gar for demo at the tourney?