PDA

View Full Version : Best of luck

ShaolinTiger00
10-08-2001, 08:42 PM
Yesterday morning may have been the worst day of my life.

My wife's cancer has come back and it has spread very rapidly through her body and systems. My heart has never felt so heavy. I don't know what makes me sadder, the thought that my best friend and lover is dying or that I'll have to raise our very young son without her.

Today is my last day at work. I quit this morning. she doesn't have the strength to take care of our son by herself anymore. I'll be doing some freelance work from the home and for the time being I'm going to take her away from here and just go away from it all.

So long gang, I'll miss our silly debating and quarrels.

Stuart, - take care good friend, I have your e-mail addy and hope to see you again someday in the future.

"Ralek" - I know the secret ;) Take it easy on the traditional guys. Neither one can prepare you for some things in your life although they can be focuses of distraction and positive things.

I love kungfu always will.

Think positive! Go outside and play!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1758022&a=13553065&p=54576353

Ralek
10-08-2001, 08:48 PM
I hope your wife is ok.

But just for the record i really don't train. There must some other person there that is being mistaken for me. Go to the yamasaki school with your friend and see for yourself that it's a different person.

I am the Grand Ultimate Fist

Ralek
10-08-2001, 08:51 PM
And i was just posting all the stuff about you to stir everybody up. I know that i didn't beat you.

I am the Grand Ultimate Fist

ShaolinTiger00
10-08-2001, 08:52 PM
Thank you.

I also know that its not you unless you morphed into a big korean kid :D I went there Sunday moring to work out with the thai guys. Violence is the last thing on my mind right now.

LEGEND
10-08-2001, 08:53 PM
SHAOLIN...man i don't know what to say...I'm so sorry to hear that dood...hey be strong and come back here if u need support!

A

Xebsball
10-08-2001, 08:56 PM
I wish your family luck and your wife get better.

Have you considered taking her to someone that knows qigong? I have heard it can help people with cancer.

-------------------------
"You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
Master Deltoo
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/

Water Dragon
10-08-2001, 08:57 PM
****, I don't know what to say. I have a tear in my eye just reading about this. Stay Strong, you'll be in my prayers.

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

apoweyn
10-08-2001, 09:03 PM
My God, I'm so sorry.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. You know where to find me.

Stuart B.

SifuAbel
10-08-2001, 10:03 PM
"Be strong and of good courage for the lord is with you....."4

blaktiger
10-08-2001, 10:06 PM
Good luck and God bless your wife. Whatever you do, don't let those doctors poison her with chemo - I lost two cousins that way. I'm sure they were going to die anyway, but the chemo seemed to accelerate the process.

Keep your head up, bro.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"I'll be too busy lookin' good!"

Daniel Madar
I'm sorry to hear this.

Jaguar Wong
:( :( :(

Jaguar Wong

Snake
10-08-2001, 10:12 PM
We'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully we'll see you again in the future and you'll bring us happy news. Good luck.

And Ralek, cudos for handling this with class and acknowledging that you were just trying to get a rise out of the rest of. Not that you care much, but that was classy move that raises my opinion of you.

Snake

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-08-2001, 10:36 PM
it's good to see that ralek isn't a d!ck when it actually matters.

i have had more people die on me than i care to count. allot of very close family members including my father. nothing makes it easy.

i wish you strenght through your pain.

where's my beer?

MIKSANSOO
10-08-2001, 10:44 PM
wow. im sorry to here this shaolin. hope everything gets better. many prayers to you.

"you can take my life, but not my confidence"
Jimmy H. Woo

Felipe Bido
10-08-2001, 10:52 PM
Best of luck to you, my friend. Be strong and positive.

-When it comes my turn...will you want me to go?
-For Democracy any man'd give his only begotten son.

Daedalus
10-08-2001, 10:53 PM
My sincerest wishes and prayers that she make a full and quick recovery. May God bless you and yours.

Crimson Phoenix
10-08-2001, 10:58 PM
Tiger, your family will need your strenght...take care and be strong as a tiger...

RENEGADE_MONK
10-08-2001, 11:00 PM
Sometimes life just isn't fair especially to good people. But God has a purpose for every situation that we are faced that will test your faith, strength, and your view on life. Be strong for your wife, cause she will her draw strenght and her will to fight this from you most importantly you have be the guide for your little man, cause he's going to look to daddy for answeres.

Having been in your situation I truly feel your pain....The mother of my son was murdered in 98
and I'm still fighting, trying to show my son
the joy in life. Its a long tough road but everyday that passes it gets a little more easier you'll see just keep the faith and God will give you the strength. :)

Nexus
10-08-2001, 11:01 PM
Hold her in your heart and never let it go. She will always be with you, in all the lives that you live.

Prayers and wishes for the moments you spend with her to be long lasting and cherished.

- Nexus

popsider
10-09-2001, 12:38 AM
Have vertical fist and Ralek sparred yet? If not when. My money is on the event never happening - a Ralek no show.

qeySuS
10-09-2001, 12:45 AM
Yeah i'm surprised Ralek shows sensitivity. (that's a compliment not sarcasm).

ShaolinTiger: Be strong and know you can always come here for support and a wee bit of fun among friends :)

Free thinkers are dangerous!

wujidude
10-09-2001, 01:05 AM
Suddenly everything else pales in comparison.

My sympathies--and my admiration for doing the right thing. Quitting your job to spend time with your wife in what may very likely be her last days is the right action to take. Your presence and support will do more than the most powerful medical intervention to either heal her or ease her transition from this life. And your presence for your son, the life you created with your wife, is so important right now.

It's OK to cry, it's all right to grieve.

We're with ya, man. Take care.

Kung Lek
10-09-2001, 01:21 AM
peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Xebsball
10-09-2001, 02:57 AM
Hope this helps:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/2028/cancure.html

"You will never need to feel weak, helpless, indecisive, not fascinating or ashamed of your genital dimensions. GOOD-BYE Humiliation. Bullies, Karate Experts, Boxing Champions, traffic wardens will melt to pulp as you master every situation."
Master Deltoo
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/2477/

SevenStar
10-09-2001, 03:30 AM
I would say that I know what you were going through, but I don't. A close friend of mine had cancer, but she is now in remission. I pray that this will be true for your wife also. Take care man. I wish you both the best.

"You ain't got enough calcium to have a bone to pick wit me,
like a Gracie, I'll choke a ***** out wit his own gi" - Rass Kass

brucelee2
10-09-2001, 06:13 AM
Shaolin Tiger-

There is a guy who posts alot on the Taijiquan and Internal martial arts forum at KFO- his screen name is Earthdragon. He studies with a famous chiqong master who is supposed to have cured cancer and aids with her chiqong- you might wanna try contacting him.

best of luck

Go forward, my son, and
be like unto a torch
upon the darkness. Thou
are stripped now, of all
that was before. Look
not to thy fellow men
for guidance or
countenance- they canst
advise you no longer.
Thou shalt be as dust
now, and dust shall be
upon the tongues of thy
enemy. Verily, thou
shalt herald the coming
of the new age upon
man."

kwokfist
10-09-2001, 06:17 AM
Wow... Hey I really hope everything turns out OK for you all. You do a good thing quitting and taking care of your wife and son. Good thing.

Good luck and God speed.

Ryu
10-09-2001, 06:52 AM
Best wishes, my friend.
You'll be in my prayers as well.

Ryu

http://www.jkdu.co.za/pics/logos/jkduhpma1.gif

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

joedoe
10-09-2001, 07:59 AM
Take care ST00. My prayers go with you and your family.

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

jimmy23
10-09-2001, 08:17 AM
A good friend of mine just had this happen. I feel for you from the bottom of my heart, as I know(from an outsiders point of view) what you must be going through.
I am sorry, I hope it works out.

"You guys have obviously never done any real fighting if you are mocking spitting"
Spinning Backfist

KnightSabre
10-09-2001, 02:10 PM
I'm truly sorry.
You are in my prayers.

"You're Good Kid Real Good,But As Long As I'm Arround You'll Always Be Second Best See".

Stranger
10-10-2001, 06:13 AM
I just got back in town and read this thread.

Good luck. I will hope for the best for you. You have written about your wife on this board many times and expressed how you feel about her. I know this is hard and I am sorry that you have to face this.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

KC Elbows
10-10-2001, 04:43 PM
That's rough news. I haven't really spoken with you before on this forum, but I wish your family the best.

As far as rolls/ralek, I'm **** impressed. He shows himself to be a fine friend. This speaks as much for tiger as it does for rolls, and my opinion dropped about twenty points for any members who used this moment to slam rolls. He showed more character than anyone except tiger on this particular thread, and I intend to keep that in mind whenever I see his posts.

scotty1
10-10-2001, 05:35 PM
Everyone on this board is really cool as sh!t when it counts. Nice one.
Good luck to Shaolin Tiger and your family.

Universal Stance
10-10-2001, 05:45 PM
Good luck, man. You can always draw strength from us if you ever need it.

"**** it's cold out here to be practicing."

diego
10-10-2001, 05:50 PM
when i was 9 this girl in elementary,not really my friend but i would say hello she died from cancer;i didnt see her for 4months ...one day the class went to visit at her house,she was going through chemo,and it really bugged me out..one face then 4months later another,
so thats when death became a concept in my eye opposed to bieng a brat and ants intha microscope(hehe)

on a lighter note my best friend when i was 14 he was 18 totally cool dude/every fall his bronchitis would act up.
1year he had chest flu and i remember cruising with him & bob marley
and im like whats wrong sick cant take it,and hes all naw just my bronchitis
two weeks later he went in a coma for three weeks and passed through

it was cool though because nobody knew so he didnt know and just passed out and left

tripped the hell outta me i was in a ruff period
for the next 8months i thought i had cancer

BLESSINGS TO YOUR FAM

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Stumblefist
10-11-2001, 07:34 AM
Good luck to you and your wife.

"Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah...
This is the end, My only friend, the end
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me"

jimbob
10-11-2001, 10:40 AM
Shaolin Tiger

I'm sorry for your news. All the best with the coming journey and do what feels right to you to do.When I lost my father to cancer last year, it was a big consolation knowing that he spent his time doing what he wanted to do, not what others thought best for him to do.

Best wishes

james

honorisc
10-15-2001, 08:10 AM
If she's in pain and neither of you want that, inform me. I would look to make the pain less there.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

Taoist Disciple
10-15-2001, 09:32 AM
I am deeply sorry.

Strength to you and you family.

Seek naturalness. Act without forcing.

prana
10-15-2001, 09:55 AM
Tayata Om Bhekanzai Bhekanzai maha Bhekanzai Bhekanzai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzai Bhekanzai maha Bhekanzai Bhakanzai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzay Bhekanzai maha bhekanzai bhekanzai Randza samungate soha
tayaTa oM Bhekanzai Bhekanzai maha bhekanzai bhekanzai randza samungate soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzai Bhekanzai Maha bhekanzai Bhekanzai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzai Bhekanzai Maha Bekanzia Beanzai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzyai Bhekanzai Maha Bekanzhai Bekanzhai Randza samungate soha
Tayata Om Bekanzai Bekanzhai Maha Bhekanzai Bhekanzai Randza samungate soha
Tayata om bhekanzai bhekanzai mana bhekanzai behkanzyai randza samungate soha
tayata on bhekanzai bhekanzai maha bhekanzai bhekanzyai randza samungate soha
tayata om bekanzyai bhekanzyai maha bhekanzyai bhekanzyai randza samungate soha
tayata Om bhekanzyai bhekanzyai maha bhekanzyai bhekanzyai randza samungate soha

Om Mani Padme hum
Om mani padme Hum
Om Mani Padme Hum
Om Mani Padme hum
Om Mani Padme Hum
Om many padme Hum
Om Mani Padme Hum

May the medicine Buddha bring healing energy to your family, your wife and your child.

http://dharmatours.com/hbmc/Prwhbl1.gif

toddbringewatt
10-15-2001, 12:28 PM
Tiger,

The nutritional healing program my girlfriend is currently on and has been getting miraculous results with has cured many cases of cancer and handles the root physical cause for the reason cancer develops in the first place.

If you and your wife are interested I can refer you to the woman who runs the program out here in Hollywood. The cost by the way is insanely cheap.

Good luck to you and your wife. Stay ubeat! There is ALWAYS hope. :)

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

The Whyzyrd
10-15-2001, 01:15 PM
That sums it up for me.

"The Wolf does not regard the barking dog"

JWTAYLOR
10-15-2001, 04:43 PM
A very good friend of mine way diagnosed with the big C, about 5 years ago. She still has it, and it's a constant battle, but they thought she would be dead in 2 years at the most. Obviously, they were wrong.

Prana gives a great example for us all. Prayer is a miracle worker.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

origenx
10-15-2001, 06:55 PM
This is tooo sad. Best wishes, Shaolin Tiger...

MonkeySlap Too
10-15-2001, 06:58 PM
Peace be with you and your family.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Johnny Hot Shot
10-15-2001, 06:58 PM
Best of luck, You and your wife and family are in our prayers.

"Life's a great adventure, mate."
Jacko Jackson

Badger
10-15-2001, 07:19 PM
ShaolinTiger-
You & your Family are in my prayers.
Stay strong for your family.

Badger

BaekHoKwan
10-16-2001, 12:09 AM
ShaolinTiger,

May the Lord keep you and your family and provide you with guidance and comfort. I know I speak for everyone when I say feel free to come here anytime you need people to listen, or provide moral support. God Bless.

C. Martin
"Pain is Neccessary!"

prana
10-22-2001, 07:15 AM
Tayata Oh Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Maha Bhekanzyai Bhekanzai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Maha Bhekanzyai Bhekanzai Randza Samungate soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Maha bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Randza Samungate soha
Tayata Om Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Maha Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Ranza Samungatay Soha
Taoaya Omm Bhekazai Bhekanzai Maha Bhekanzyai Bhekanzai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Omm Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Maha Bhekanzhai Bhekanzhai Randza Samungate Soha
Tayata Om bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Maha Bhekanzyai Bhekanzyai Ranza Samungate Soha

May the suffering be alleviated....

http://dharmatours.com/hbmc/Prwhbl1.gif

PaleDragon
10-22-2001, 07:51 AM
im sorry to hear that...i will pray for you and your family.