PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for Strawberry Milkshake

Merryprankster
10-02-2002, 07:33 PM
1. Go to MA class.

2. Say yes when asked if you can spar MMA rules with your friend/training partner who has 5 years of boxing, 3 of MT, a purple belt in BJJ, but 5 years experience, a brown in Judo, and is 8-0 in MMA against decent opposition, to your 9 months of boxing 5 years of wrestling, 2.5 years BJJ, and a 1-0 MMA record against some poor guy who had heart, but was clueless.

3. Pull on sparring gear.

4. Get hit in the face a lot, interspersed with actually taking him down a few times. Occasionally, try to do a submission with boxing gloves on. This will provide your very good sparring partner with the opportunity to defend the submission, base out and stand up to pound on your face some more.

5. Get hit in the face some more. Take him down, only this time, get swept. Sweep him back. Attempt an achilles lock, but have your hand wrap, which is falling out of your left boxing glove because of all the grappling, get stuck on his wrestling shoe so you can't get the submission. Have sparring partner base out yet again and deliver straight rights to your face as you try to roll into a knee bar, fail, and stand back up. This time, get thrown as you hip in for a ****zer grip uchi mata, get guard.

6. Almost pull an armbar omoplata combo off, but can't because your left glove gets in the way and slips around your hand. Get hit in the face some more.

7. Drive home.

8. Pull into McDonald's drive through. Purchase Strawberry milkshake.

What's that saying--that which does not kill us makes us almost lose our mouth piece on a hook uppercut hook combo and causes us to get a sore face? Something like that :D

fa_jing
10-02-2002, 08:05 PM
MP - Bell slightly rung? :D

Uh, how many rounds did you go?

Budokan
10-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Ah ha ha ha. Stop. Please. I'm laughing so hard my ribs are about to burst a la "Alien".

Mr Punch
10-02-2002, 09:19 PM
the most blatantly obvious lie in the history of cliches!

Jesus MP, you must be really really strong right now!!!:D

TaoBoy
10-02-2002, 09:27 PM
That's by far the most amusing way I've ever seen someone explain an ass-kicking (especially their own). That milkshake must have tasted amazing after all that (well unless the taste of blood was overpowering the sweetness)!!

Nice work champ!

SevenStar
10-02-2002, 09:42 PM
agreed. Way to get your ass kicked bro!

Ryu
10-03-2002, 12:22 AM
Doesn't sound like the words of a "egotystical" MMA fighter. :)

Don't get hurt too bad, MP :D

Ryu

Merryprankster
10-03-2002, 02:24 AM
We went 3 rounds, I'm guessing 4-5 minutes each.

Glad you guys got a kick out of it. :D

My bell wasn't rung so much as my face just hurt. It's not so bad this morning. When my bell gets rung, my vision flashes white for a second, and everything smells like ozone/and electrical fire.

I'm a bit sore this morning, but not too bad. It was fun, but I think I'd like to space these beatdowns out a bit :)

Oh well, it's tit for tat. I got to pound on one of our other fighters not too long ago--what goes around, comes around!!! It's karma way of reminding me of my own mortality and skill level :)

Merryprankster
10-03-2002, 02:43 AM
The more I do this, the more I'm convinced of the value of full-contact sparring. It's not the sparring--it's the not freezing when you get hit thing it teaches you. Invaluable.

diego
10-03-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
1. Go to MA class.

2. Say yes when asked if you can spar MMA rules with your friend/training partner who has 5 years of boxing, 3 of MT, a purple belt in BJJ, but 5 years experience, a brown in Judo, and is 8-0 in MMA against decent opposition, to your 9 months of boxing 5 years of wrestling, 2.5 years BJJ, and a 1-0 MMA record against some poor guy who had heart, but was clueless.

3. Pull on sparring gear.

4. Get hit in the face a lot, interspersed with actually taking him down a few times. Occasionally, try to do a submission with boxing gloves on. This will provide your very good sparring partner with the opportunity to defend the submission, base out and stand up to pound on your face some more.

5. Get hit in the face some more. Take him down, only this time, get swept. Sweep him back. Attempt an achilles lock, but have your hand wrap, which is falling out of your left boxing glove because of all the grappling, get stuck on his wrestling shoe so you can't get the submission. Have sparring partner base out yet again and deliver straight rights to your face as you try to roll into a knee bar, fail, and stand back up. This time, get thrown as you hip in for a ****zer grip uchi mata, get guard.

6. Almost pull an armbar omoplata combo off, but can't because your left glove gets in the way and slips around your hand. Get hit in the face some more.

7. Drive home.

8. Pull into McDonald's drive through. Purchase Strawberry milkshake.

What's that saying--that which does not kill us makes us almost lose our mouth piece on a hook uppercut hook combo and causes us to get a sore face? Something like that :D

Well, Truely in my Opinion bieng that i dont fuq with milk on the regular, imo to be redundant...i feel Burger Kings Shakes Shiat's on Mickey Dee, @ least Here in BC anyway...dont know about yall in the states of the united agreement we stole your land so pay us taxes on your strawberry milkshakes!.?

diego
10-03-2002, 03:05 AM
hm yah if your wondering how canada is differnt then my little states diss= canada fuqs with provinces!.

?

:eek: ..............

old jong
10-03-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
When my bell gets rung, my vision flashes white for a second, and everything smells like ozone/and electrical fire.

These are signs of a possible commotion! Accumulation of these things can be really bad for you in the long run....But, I know you're not stupid or punch drunk so,you are aware of that!...

I'm sure it is not your case but for the kids at home: There is a belief these days that being tough is being able to take hits to the head without flinching like pro boxers do.I have seen clips of kids playing ufc in their backyards and knocking eachothers out just for the fun of it!...Not a good way to improve their school marks in the long run!
Taking hits in the head is not a way to become tougher,the brain cannot build calluses to protect itself and is only going to be damaged in the process.We all know that braincells don't repair themselves and brain damage is permanent.
Anyway,this is only my opinion about this growing machismo belief that taking hits is a valable shortcut to win a fight.Yes,you can win a fight this way but you will lose for sure in the long run.Everytimes your bells are ringing,your brain is bleeding internaly.It would be better to go to the hospital than to Mc Donald in that case just in case but!....Boys wil be boys,I heard somewhere!....;)
Just my two very poor canadian cents!

Kay k
10-03-2002, 06:57 AM
MP with the only good recipe for milkshake!:D

GeneChing
10-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Good one, MP. Hope you recover quickly and can be the vehicle of someone else's karma. But be warned, those milkshakes can constipate karma like you wouldn't beleive.;)

Merryprankster
10-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Old Jong,

I've only had my bell rung once. I seem to have quite the chin. Besides which, really, most punches don't land flush. This is just a truth, it seems. Anyway, out of a normal sparring session in boxing, I typically only take 3 punches that I'll remember as being solid. You sort of learn how to defuse the rest.

Anyway, I don't want to give the impression that I make it a point to test my chin... I don't. It is, however, nice to know it's there! :)

old jong
10-03-2002, 07:59 PM
I know from your posts that you are not that kind of guy who think that way.
It is bad that so many do believe that head strikes can make a guy tougher.They might get used to the sensations and effects but the harm is done.Anyway!....
Glad to hear that you have a good chin.It can be a gift sometimes.;)