PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know of any books on Fukien White Crane

FIRE HAWK
10-02-2002, 10:06 PM
I am looking for books on Fukien White Crane i have Dr . Yangs book and Lorne Bernards book is there any other ones ?

Crimson Phoenix
10-03-2002, 03:20 AM
If my memory serves me right, Liu Gu a famous master of eating crane (who came to Taiwan, his sons teach there now) wrote a book about it.
That's all I can recall on the moment...

Tsuruken
10-05-2002, 11:39 PM
I have a number of books on this subject. Sadly they are in Chinese and of little use unless you can read the language they include

"Zhenzhong Nanpai Shaolin Paihemen Shihequan" (Orthodox/Original Southern Shaolin Style: White Crane Feeding Crane Fist) by Lio Yin-Shan,

"San Jiang Paihequan" - (Three Battle White Crane-Fist) by Shihfu Chin Li-Yen,

Yongchun White Crane Kuen’ By Hung Ching Fot,

White Crane Kuen: Sik Hok Kuen (Eat Crane Boxing) By Lau Yin San,

Shaolin Crane Kuen Yuk Tong Hok (Crane in Mountain Hole) By Kim Tin Chu Fu and ............

Fujian Nanquan Congshu White Crane to name but a few.

You can do a search and find Lion Books on the web as they publish some great Chinese editions of some of these books. Also try Wu-Lin Magazine Taiwan.

Tsuruken
10-06-2002, 12:04 AM
Here's ythe link for Wu-Lin magazine. They have a couple of magazine issues that deal with Crane-Fist in-depth!

Once there also click on "books" and you can see what they have in books to offer as well

.http://www.plumpub.com/sales/lionbks/lb_wulinmagback.htm

Best wishes in your research!

EAZ
10-07-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Tsuruken
I have a number of books on this subject. Sadly they are in Chinese and of little use unless you can read the language they include

"Zhenzhong Nanpai Shaolin Paihemen Shihequan" (Orthodox/Original Southern Shaolin Style: White Crane Feeding Crane Fist) by Lio Yin-Shan,

Hi,

I was wondering how they explain the link between "orthodox southern shaolin style" and "white crane" in this book (I could not find the articles on the link you gave in your second email as you are redirected to another web site on which I could not find a trace of LionBk).

In our Pei Mei school, the link between "orthodoxe Southern Shaolin" and the practice of Pei Mei is explained to us, both in terms of historical references and in terms of core teachings. In a way you could say that the Orthodox Southern Shaolin content is the trunk of the tree and Pei Mei is a branch. (It's a bit more complicated than that at least historically as we all know but this is not the issue I want to bring up).

Other PM schools appear to put less emphesis on this Orthodox SOuthern Shaolin origin, so I am immidiately curious as to what they mean in your book.

Could you describe (if they explain exactely) what part of this Crane style curriculum come from Orthodox Southern Shaolin? Do they speak for instance of 5 animals in your book?

Thank you for your time,

EAZ