PDA

View Full Version : sword tassles

norther practitioner
10-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Can anyone help me find a "wushu tassle"....
They have a shorter tassle, but a bunch heavier. Any help is much appreciated, one of my fellow students is very short (she is like maybe 5').

Thanks, N P

neptunesfall
10-03-2002, 12:31 PM
go to wal mart and yank one off of the little kids bikes?

norther practitioner
10-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks man, I'll relay that to this girl....she'll get a good laugh

neptunesfall
10-03-2002, 12:36 PM
:D

wu_de36
10-03-2002, 02:17 PM
at the risk of having to forfeit your ***** to do so, you could try a fabric store:)

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Wu de lives near some harsh fabric stores.

GLW
10-03-2002, 02:32 PM
There are two basic lengths in tassles...obviously long and short.

Beijing Imports in Houston on Jackwood (area code 713 if you want to se directory assistance) sells both.

Li Jinheng's MasterLi.com sells tassles as well.

I would be very surprised if this side did NOT sell tassles as well.

They are all pretty much the same type and make.

The ones that are REALLY good are very thick and heavier. However, they are next to impossible to find outside of China. I have 2 sets but got them from a person from China that made them. They have since gone back.

Good Luck...and if you find anyplace else that sells the thicker heavier ones...post it on here...I am looking for those as well.

wu_de36
10-03-2002, 02:59 PM
i just realized he was asking for tassles and not scarves.
guess you can keep your man junk for now. :)

GeneChing
10-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Here check these out. If they're too long, you can trim them with scissors you get at that fabric store.

http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/45-56t.html
http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/45-59t.html

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 03:18 PM
I ain't going anywhere near that fabric store.

Ben Gash
10-03-2002, 03:34 PM
I always take the tassles off my swords, they tend to annoy me, especially when they wrap around your wrist.

norther practitioner
10-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks guys....

The tassle I am looking for is one that I noticed a few of the wushu kids using in San Diego last year....
They were short tassles in regards to the string that led down to the tassle, but the tassle itself was a little bit shorter and way heavier to make up for that fact.

Oh, as far as the bike tassle.....I told one of my friends about that, then, on the way to class he asked me to stop by Wally Mart, he said he needed to pick something up, he came out with a few gatorades and some tassels off a bike (there is going to be a ****ed off little girl this Christmas). We presented them to my verticly challanged friend, she got a good laugh.....