PDA

View Full Version : What video games create the best fighters?

MightyB
10-03-2002, 10:39 AM
Since Ralek has now become my hero, I want to train like him so I can also defeat all inferior kung fu guys. I don't have the money or time to fly out to Maryland to play PS2, the XBox, and go to the arcade with him to learn how to defeat all comers in the infamous "pond out behind his house fights", so I was wondering if you guys have an assortment of video games that I can play to learn his most devastating style.

What are the best video games to learn MMA from?

my list so far goes like this:

Karate Champ, it's an old school classic that I can learn the basics of striking from. But it scares me when I progress too far and it wants to give me a yellow belt.

Virtual Fighter, it was where I first seen the superiority of pancration.

Ninja Gaiden, it is just cool.

Ring King, old school boxing.

Gladiator, weapons strategy classic. Teaches you how to hit weak points on the opponent.

So, as you can see, my video games are very outdated and leave me as a traditional video game practitioner. If I'm going to progress, I need to study more titles. Any thoughts?

Chang Style Novice
10-03-2002, 10:54 AM
The super mario style of flinging upside down turtles is superior. You will attack their critial points ver well.

old jong
10-03-2002, 11:05 AM
The UFC video game looks the best to me!....I want to be Tito,I want to be Tito!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 11:06 AM
I said the same thing about the Jackson 5 game.

Royal Dragon
10-03-2002, 11:13 AM
Aren't you suposed to be in the void or something??

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 11:22 AM
I'm out of the void for a day. The lure of the forumverse was too strong for me.:eek:

Royal Dragon
10-03-2002, 11:32 AM
LOL!!!!!

Table talk has been dead since you left. I think the moo's live just to argue with you.

Chang Style Novice
10-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Salon magazine's Table Talk? I didn't know anybody still posted there since they went pay to post. My crowd ran off to People's Forum.

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 11:46 AM
CSN,

Here's the forum:

http://asiapacificuniverse.com/cgi-bin/displayb.pl?martialarts.html/Martial_Arts/1/martialarts.pl

It's asian pacific table talk, the martial arts section should heretofore be known as "moo land", as it is exclusively members of chung moo quan and a group of former members duking it out, with the moos looking stranger and stranger with every post.

Chang Style Novice
10-03-2002, 11:48 AM
My mistake, then. I post on too many forums already. Thanks for the invite, though.

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 12:00 PM
CSN,
I know how you feel. I just thought I'd post the link in case it was your long lost forum.

As it is, I'm annoyed with myself for posting today, but it's one of those days. There's too many people at my level of the company, so there's not enough work for any of us lately. I've been using the time to work on some projects that are unrelated, but I'm just about to the point where I switch jobs to something where I actually do something with my day.

NorthernMantis
10-03-2002, 12:10 PM
uhh super smash brothers melee is the ultimate mma game:D

rubthebuddha
10-03-2002, 01:01 PM
river city ransom. period.

where else can you use comic books and chocolate malts to make you a better fighter?

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/rcr.htm

MightyB
10-03-2002, 01:23 PM
gotta love seanbaby.com.

Stacey
10-03-2002, 02:09 PM
dead or alive 3....except for the ninjas, there are some very nice techniques...good stances, poor waist movement, but good overall.

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 02:53 PM
You need to cross train between postal, for ruthlessness, and counterstrike, for situational awareness. I also recommend Silent Hill in case you need some crazy while you're at it.

Lice
10-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Add grand theft auto for important urban situation awareness skills.

KC Elbows
10-03-2002, 03:06 PM
Good point.

IronFist
10-03-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by MightyB
gotta love seanbaby.com.

Dude I'd never seen that site before. Thanks for the link!

IronFist

David Jamieson
10-03-2002, 03:57 PM
ok, let me say this, about that...

bwahahahahahahahahahaha....

thank you

peace

Budokan
10-03-2002, 04:00 PM
When choosing a video game on which to use as a template to build up your martial arts skill, you must pick one that enables you to attack your opponent's critial points ver well. Too, learning how to gauge dietance between you and your opponent would, in combination with attacking critial points ver well, enable you to combine said elements into a powerful martial arts style.

It is also important that you do not do racism against Chinese. Even though you may choose a style that is KMA or JMA or VMA (Video Martial Arts) in nature, you should not do racism against Chinese.

Thus, we have 3 necessary elements in which to build our new video martial art:

1. Critial points (which must be attacked ver well)

2. Racism

3. Dietance

The next step, once these necessary strengths are recognized, must needs be to find an element in said video martial art in which the techniques, fundamentally executed, would enable a frog to win against a praying mantis. As we all know, the praying mantis has no defense against the frog. Therefore, your stylized martial art must needs also have no defense against the frog.

While this may on the face of things appear to be a destructive limitation, nothing could be further from the truth. One must remember that no martial art, no matter its lineage, it's fighting components or, yes, even the stylist who practices same, can have no defense agaisnt the frog. This is not a bad thing, it simply is one of the universal truth inherent in all martial arts which we as players recognize and have to work around.

Good luck in your search!

HuangKaiVun
10-03-2002, 06:59 PM
This one is easy.

The most realistic video game I've ever played was "Perfect Weapon".

I have this kickboxing game for PC, and I also had it for Playstation. I preferred PC because the keyboard layout was far easier than Playstation's hand-held controller.

It's a 3rd person fighting game in which one has to fight multiple opponents. The kickboxing is extremely good and there's a great deal of grappling.

What I haven't yet done is figure out how to do the kung fu moves. Supposedly as one beats his way through the levels, he picks up the moves of the monsters (e.g. dinosaurs, mantis, Shaolin monks, ice guys, monkeys, cats, and weird gorillas)

Royal Dragon
10-03-2002, 07:03 PM
:cool:

Braden
10-03-2002, 07:20 PM
River City Ransom for hand-to-hand.

Ghost Recon for distance.

TaoBoy
10-04-2002, 12:14 AM
A true martial artist would cross-train in various games, the below are a minimum:

- Double Dragon
- Super Mario Bros
- Frogger
- Galaga

:D

MightyB
10-04-2002, 06:41 AM
I've gotten a great sence from Budokan that Frogger is superior.

After all, who could defeat frog? Maybe Royce should challenge frog...

Let us all not forget Custer's Revenge.
http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm09.htm

Qi dup
10-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Budokan

Thus, we have 3 necessary elements in which to build our new video martial art:

1. Critial points (which must be attacked ver well)

2. Racism

3. Dietance

HAHAHAHA!

The most realistic video game I've ever played was "Perfect Weapon

I remember that game! Very very hard to control.

HuangKaiVun
10-04-2002, 02:45 PM
"Perfect Weapon" is EASY to control if you use a keyboard.

I changed all the commands to fit my hands. I played the game two-handed.

And isn't that the name of the game in kung fu? If something doesn't work, toggle it until it DOES!

respectmankind
10-04-2002, 11:44 PM
METAL GEAR SOLID!!!!!!!

GeneChing
01-07-2020, 09:00 AM
January 6, 2020 Griffin Streeter 0
Get Your Karate On In ‘Kung Fu All-Star VR’ (https://www.vrandfun.com/get-your-karate-on-in-kung-fu-all-star-vr/)
Get Your Karate On In ‘Kung Fu All-Star VR’

https://www.vrandfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/kung-fu-all-star-vr.jpg

Get ready to say “Kung Fu fighting” as Kung Fu All-Star VR is coming to the immersive platform.

Created by InterServ International, this martial arts game allows you to experience what Kung Fu is all about. Users will be able to utilize the famous nunchuks to beat down your enemies. While you might not be Bruce Lee, this game will allow you to spin the deadly weapon to accurately hit your opponents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eERQJqNg9B4

In the trailer you can see how explosive these nunchucks are and how the swing of your weapons truly take down the opponents. The opponents range in difficulty with the minions being easy to kill. The bosses of course will take some beating before you can defeat them.

The game is still in early access and more information can be found on their Steam page (https://store.steampowered.com/app/697320/Kung_Fu_AllStar_VR/). The game is set to debut on both the HTC Vive and Valve Index.

I will forgive the "get your karate on" title because of the jumpsuit nunchuck hottie (follow the Steam page link for more vids of her)

THREADS
What video games create the best fighters? (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?16625-What-video-games-create-the-best-fighter)
Yellow/Black Jumpsuit (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?27596-Yellow-Black-Jumpsuit)
Nunchuck Hotties (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?69356-Nunchuck-Hotties)

Djuan
01-09-2020, 06:38 AM
10789 10790

how about my guy here? specializes in Luohan Quan :p

Djuan
01-09-2020, 08:15 AM
for fighter customization, I have to go with the pic I posted above, from a game called "Boxing Star" only because they got the Shaolin Robe to a tee, WITH the shoes, which are my favorite shoes in real life :p , also the training is fun, except its all boxing.
Also the hair option wins, "I have dreads and can wear my robe, sign me up." lol. I like the bald Luohan monk head option too. the game labels it "Bodhisatttva Mahasattva" which is authentic as well. Most video games completely botch details like this, even games from mainland. This game is Korean, yet I know someone on the staff is a Shaolin geek because the details to this one arrangement are too sharp. All other customizations in the game are no comparison.

now for technique I prefer a game I can do more than boxing in, and there a too many to list thru the years of fighting games, right now though, for specifically Shaolin fighting techniques in a game, I'vee seen NOTHING in comparison to the authenticity of the moves in this game in the video called "Kings of Kung Fu" ......you can choose famous 'Kung Fu Fighters' (and matching stages) from old movies, of course they chose Gordon Liu to hold it down for Shaolin, as his character from 36 chambers. they name him Lo Wei (all the names are hilarious) but the attention they payed to getting his moves from the movie and actual Shaolin curriculum deserves an award. I put a preview of his fighting style below, let me know what styles you see. I spot some Long Fist (Chang Quan, not Dragon) , all the kicks/sweeps from Ji Ben Gong, some Luohan boxing, and Tiger and Crane, and even the South Shaolin signature at the end of the fight. great stuff.
If you like video games and love Shaolin, thank me later. ;) Amituofo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17VtXeYWLA