PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to DragonFest this year?

blaktiger
11-16-2001, 05:27 AM
Any of you LA cats going to Dragonfest on Sunday? Most likely I'll be there. I'm the brotha with the curly afro, wearing a black tai chi top, talking shizmit with the other entertainment types.

Hope to see you there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
"I'll be too busy lookin' good!"

Johnny Hot Shot
11-16-2001, 06:01 AM
I'll be the really good looking guy with the jade pendant, talking smak to all the hotties :D ;)

"Life's a great Adventure, Mate"
Jacko Jackson

soy
11-17-2001, 09:33 AM
where is this? I'll look it up anyways.. sounds fun :D

SifuAbel
10-04-2002, 12:55 AM
If you've been there before, what can I expect? Is it just a big cattle call? Are there any events worth going for?

Kempo Guy
10-04-2002, 08:26 AM
It's full of Hollywood wannabe's.
There are some interesting people there but most are B-rated movie 'stars'.... If you're into that sort of thing then I guess it's cool.

The last two years I was invited to go by one of the 'exhibitors' and went out of obligation...

KG

wushu chik
10-04-2002, 11:52 AM
A bunch of us were thinking about going, just so we could see what it was all about. I don't know if we are yet or not, but after finding out what it's all about, probably not.

~Wen~

SifuAbel
11-18-2002, 04:30 PM
It was an interesting event. Although next time I'm going to go at noon instead of standing in that line for an hour. It was interesting to see some of the personalities and schools that attended.

AT,

Looked for your afro but didn't see it. Did you go? If so what were you wearing?

Tried to shmooze info out of some, signed up for a couple of newsletters, bought a magazine, talked to Bruce Locke, actually bumped in to an old freind I haven't seen for a year or so, all in all a cool experience.

An interesting note was the amount of MA freaks that were a part of the attending body. People walking in wearing eveything from "mad max" gear to tropic colored Gi's to camaflouge hakama. And i thought my school t-shirt was a bit extreme. j/k

SifuAbel
11-18-2002, 07:21 PM
Anybody else go?

Royal Dragon
11-18-2002, 07:24 PM
No, I'm in Chicago, and it was too far to walk.:D

African Tiger
11-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Hey Sifu Abel: decided at last minute not to go.

Sifu Carl and about 5 of us were going to go after class, but none of us wanted to spend $15 to go for 2-3 hours (class ended at 2:30, dragonfest ended at 5). Plus, yours truly nearly passed out - trying to train with a nasty chest cough. And with my Blue Sash test coming next week, I needed to stay and train after class ended.

Sooooo, long story short, didn't make it. Were there any cool demos? A classmate said it's mostly a "buy my tape, train with me" sort of thing.

African Tiger
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
Oh, we were all going to go in our school t-shrits and tai chi outfits, but again, everybody cried broke.

SifuAbel
11-18-2002, 10:53 PM
"A classmate said it's mostly a "buy my tape, train with me" sort of thing."

In a nutshell.

I was there mostly to see what lists I could get on. Signed up with stuntsite.com .

It was disappointing. New line cinema was supposed to be there. So were a few production houses. Not many showed. lots of B movie and TV people.
Gods!, so much bad skin. Who do you work with? Is there a try out or resume type of thing?

SifuAbel
11-19-2002, 05:19 PM
I failed to mention all the hot asian starlettes i've never heard of selling their posters and looking like 2 dollar hookers.

Bunch a cheap golddiggin' tramps, gotta love 'um. check one out at esther.com She was the hottest one.

African Tiger
11-20-2002, 03:18 PM
You know, I totally forgot that I joined a new stunt company, that's made up of mostly Shaolin types and military vets.

I haven't heard from my "boss" if you will in a few weeks, but send me a PM with your contact info, and I'll see what's what. Since we are just starting out, I'm sure you can get in on the ground floor.

Peace.

SifuAbel
11-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I was curiuos to see if the 2005 dragonfest was up and running. So far, the web page hasn't updated since the count down from 2003.
Bad turnout?

SifuAbel
11-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Anybody know? Gene? anybody? :confused:

David Jamieson
11-16-2005, 11:48 AM
It's all your fault Rudy. Because you didn't sign up, no one else wants to go now.

Thanks a lot.:mad:

;) :D

SifuAbel
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
anybody.........else. :rolleyes:

Wong Fei Hong
11-16-2005, 08:06 PM
dude its my fault i ownzed gerald okamura i told him to stop looking like the bad guy from b rate movies and get a real face.
After that he just slinked back into society looking like a normal person and no one believed him when he said who he was, so he just couldnt hold the dragon fest.

GeneChing
11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
We're not connected with Dragonfest at all. It's more of a IKF thing....

David Jamieson
11-17-2005, 01:34 PM
well that explains it. the Dfest got lost in the odds and sods pile when IKF was sold.

SifuAbel
11-17-2005, 02:47 PM
O I C. So its gone the way of the dinosaur. Thanks, Gene.

Gentlemen(couch*snicker*cough*cough) :rolleyes:

Chief Fox
11-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Kinda strange, from what I understand, it was a pretty big event that drew a lot of big names. I was considering getting a booth this year to try to sell T-shirts. Oh well.

GeneChing
11-17-2005, 05:33 PM
IkF was sold to Beckett (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38395) - they do sports cards, collectables and such. If anything, I would think that Dragonfest would benefit from the new owners. A big fanboy gathering seems right up their alley.

SifuAbel
11-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Maybe they're revamping it. Letting a year go by to introduce the new product. :confused:

GeneChing
05-25-2020, 08:40 AM
http://dragonfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/2020a_dragonfest_martial_arts_museum.jpg

Event Canceled
Dragonfest Canceled for 2020

Welcome to the 16th Annual Dragonfest!!! (http://dragonfest.com/)

16th ANNUAL DRAGONFEST!
Dragonfest canceled for 2020.

We had hoped to postpone Dragonfest to later in the year, however, with the uncertainty of the governor of California on the re-opening of the state, and the large gathering of people, we have chosen to cancel Dragonfest for 2020. We are making this announcement now so that you can cancel and hotel reservations or airline tickets. We will be back for 2021. For vendors, we will contact you the last week of May to determine if you want a refund to hold the booth rental for next year.

THREADS
Is-anyone-going-to-DragonFest-this-year (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?16642-Is-anyone-going-to-DragonFest-this-year)
covid (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?71666-Coronavirus-(COVID-19)-Wuhan-Pneumonia)