PDA

View Full Version : Punching bag filling

sticky fingers
10-04-2002, 01:38 AM
I have a small punching bag I want to make heavier. What*s the best stuff to use?

Ish
10-04-2002, 04:02 AM
sand

inic
10-04-2002, 07:40 AM
i would advise against that. i filled one of my punching bags with sand, now it weights 250lbs and is hard as a rock. i doubt i can even get it down now.
use sand, but use other stuff too like blankets or something

Kempo Guy
10-04-2002, 08:00 AM
I also advise against using sand. What I did with one of my heavybags was to fill some of it with cloth (old T-shirts, sheets, blankets etc.) and added rice and beans (uncooked of course :D) to it as well. This made the bag a little softer, yet heavy and hard enough to do some damage.

KG

popsider
10-04-2002, 10:10 AM
I use sand in mine and it seems fine - there are different types of sand of course - can't remember what I put in mine but I imagine it was something cheap from the local DIY store.

SanSoo Student
10-06-2002, 07:30 PM
On my first bag..I had it prefilled with bits of heavy cloth, but once it go soft I filled it with some sand. As a result I got a bag with a solid lower portion but a somewhat softer but still hard on top. That is how a real person works; their lower portion is hard and solid/stable, and their upper is alittle softer and easier to hit. My second bag I used all sand, and only use all sand when u have a good form for punch already or else you will mess up your wrists.