PDA

View Full Version : See JACKIE CHANS Training equiptment and weapons. and a personal tour of his home.

logic
10-04-2002, 04:34 AM
Jackie takes us on a personal tour of his house.
he shows us just a few of his techniques, but he shows off his pad and some of the toys he likes to play with.

I haven't seen this program yet,but I'm going to tape it. The previews looked good.It seems he jokes around alot and I look forward to watching it.

It's on Sunday Night October 6, @ 9:00 PM on the Travel channel.
(Thats if your cable or dish picks it up)

IronFist
10-04-2002, 11:58 AM
I don't have cable. You wanna tape it for me?

IronFist

Qi dup
10-04-2002, 02:00 PM
I'll tape it for yah If I remember.
I'm making a mental note right now

logic
10-05-2002, 02:06 PM
www.travel.discovery.com/destinations/asis/china/hongkong.html

www.travel.discovery.com/destinations/asia/china/hongkong.html

Qi dup
10-05-2002, 05:10 PM
Thanks for pointing it out Logic. I've got the reminder on my tv.

Chang Style Novice
10-06-2002, 07:44 PM
It was pretty lame - lot's of BS about how to buy cheap fashion shoes and how there are Starbucks and McDonalds in HK. Only about 50% of it actually focussed on Chinese culture. But Jackie'll be on "The Actor's Studio" tonight, too (midnight here, probably a rerun.) That should be better.

Qi dup
10-06-2002, 08:53 PM
I thought it was interesting. I listened to it while I red that PJO thread. I recorded it if you want it, Iron. i'm not sure if you were being serious or not.

Chang Style Novice
10-06-2002, 08:56 PM
There was basically no info on kf training, which was very disappointing. The food and antiques looked good, can't deny that.

IronFist
10-06-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Qi dup
I thought it was interesting. I listened to it while I red that PJO thread. I recorded it if you want it, Iron. i'm not sure if you were being serious or not.

Thanks. I was being serious, but I thought it was going to be all about Jackie Chan's training. I dunno... was it good and interesting or no?

IronFist

Qi dup
10-07-2002, 01:44 PM
eh, It was alright. Just like Chang said, not much at all about his training. I guess you have to watch MTV to see Jackie sweetin' away on a tredmill with a rain coat on:rolleyes: It was pretty cool to see in general, Lot's of info on Hong kong.

Phrost
10-08-2002, 07:14 AM
Most people don't care about Kung Fu training; they just want to see Jackie do crazy stunts.

The show was decent, mainly because I'm trying to convince my fiancee that HK would be a good honeymoon destination. (She's already seen through my Thailand idea, and no, not because of the prostitution.)

But we've got a few friends that are Chinese and they keep telling us the people in HK are VERY rude, and nasty for the most part, spitting in restaurants, blowing their noses onto the pavement, etc.

neptunesfall
10-08-2002, 07:21 AM
better off going to PROC...they've all been brainwashed into behaving properly for the foreigners...:rolleyes:

guohuen
10-08-2002, 08:43 AM
My favorite part of the program. "If you ask a Maitre'd in Hong Kong to split the check he will not be happy with you and may even ask you to leave."

I think I love Hong Kong.

Phrost
10-08-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by neptunesfall
better off going to PROC...they've all been brainwashed into behaving properly for the foreigners...:rolleyes:

Yes, because we all know that it's so typically American to expect people not to relieve themselves of bodily fluids in public, because we're so culturally deprived that we don't understand it's a "beautiful aspect" of the Chinese culture.

Jackas$.

Chang Style Novice
10-08-2002, 10:07 AM
The Bravo profile was pretty good. Lots of stuff I hadn't seen before, including good excerpts from interviews with all kinds of people who know Jackie, and Jackie himself. Also, a close look at the near-fatal spill from Operation Condor 2 (or maybe the first one, I can't remember.)

It was clearly an older show, though. There was a lot of talk about Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2. I've never seen either, as I'd rather have a root canal than hear Chris Tucker speak.

NorthernMantis
10-08-2002, 10:08 AM
lol @ frost. That was funny. Oh and yeah i was gonna catch you on the prositution thing,you sick monkey you:D

Phrost
10-08-2002, 11:09 AM
Haha, yeah, I've been around long enough to know better than to leave myself open for something like that.

Hell, if I were single I still think I'd go to Thailand ONLY for the Muay Thai...

..between diseases and the chance that she might be 14 instead of 21, I think I'd stick to the good old "wine, dine, 69" routine with domestic women.

NorthernMantis
10-08-2002, 12:18 PM
or a man for that matter:eek: