PDA

View Full Version : CLF Poon Kiu

Steeeve
10-04-2002, 04:45 AM
Howdy

Can you explain to me the Poon Kiu Mouvement,It<s a inward downward circular block? Do you name poon kiu a outside downward circular block also?

When IM a Diu Ma & i do a left chuin nau...my left hand mouvement(doing a inward downward cicular mouvement) is the poon kiu or the r hand doing a kind of backhand strike forward downward it is a poonkiu?

Thank Again

By the way CLF have no block but more parry ...Which are its parry...Chuin Nau,Poonkiu,Yeung kiu,.Do you have others defensive mouvements?

CLFNole
10-04-2002, 08:32 AM
Your right hand could be considered a poon kiu along with the left hand poon kiu called sheung poon kiu or double poon kiu. The right hand can also be referred to as dat jeurng.

Peace.

yutyeesam
10-04-2002, 08:50 AM
here's a thread on the subject of poon kiu:

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13355&highlight=poon+kiu

Steeeve
10-04-2002, 10:29 AM
Thank Guys

poon kiu can be a outward and inward circular parry

In the forms before doing the sow choy Do you do a poon kiu mouvement?it s a poon kiu the large circular mouvement before the sow choy

CLFNole
10-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Steeve:

In most cases poon kiu always preceeds sow choy. I can't really think of any form that I where this is not the case, however others may have forms that might have a different combo.

Peace.

yutyeesam
10-04-2002, 10:58 AM
The only one I can think of is gwa-sao towards the end of Sil Mui Fah.