PDA

View Full Version : Tournament and Praying Mantis

RAF
10-04-2002, 05:01 AM
Oct 5,6, & 7 is the Hall of Fame Tournament, here in Canton, Ohio (Football Hall of Fame City and just recently recognized as one of the most relaxing City in the United States, come on New Yorkers, take a break from that fast-paced city life and join us in the midwest).

We have a mei hua praying mantis Master staying with us (the School) for a while. Although I am not training in Mantis, this guy has taught our students a version of the two handled mantis sword which is very nice.

Sun De Yao, Hao Heng Lu's grandson, learned frm his Uncle Hao Bi. He has achieved many awards in various matches and has been invited to many foreign countries. Having a good master and high level of Tai Ji Mei Hua Mantis Boxing, he has been voted to be a committe member of Shandong Wu Shu Society. His name has been compiled into Boxing-Master Dictionary. Now he operates the Hao Bin Mantis Boxing Martial Arts Center. He is really a pupil of Seventh generation. He is from QingDao.

For you Stumblefist:

He also learned his Chen Shi Taijiquan from Ma Hong. He demonstrated a bit and he is very good,

Hope to you all there.

Oh yeah, he has 7 different forms of Lan Jie. Too much for me!:eek:

MightyB
10-04-2002, 01:39 PM
I really wanted to go to your tournament (one of the few events with San Shou that's close enough for me to attend), but, due to circumstances, I won't be able to make it.

It's a good tourney, so, anybody close to Canton Ohio should go. Sifu Yang is a good guy and it's a nice event.

RAF
10-06-2002, 12:20 PM
The Hall of Fame tournament went very well. It was primarily a baji/praying mantis tournament.

Sun De Yao's performance went extremelywell. Kurt Wong's students also did extremely well, especially the baji.

Overall it was a good tournament and the seminar Sun De Yao did was Mei hua Zhao Yao #1 along with applications.

We thank Su Yu Chang, his childhood friend--the guy who is Wei Xiao Tang's disciple and also knows all of the wu tan material (forgot his name), Kurt Wang, Ma Long, John Chen and others.

David Chin did probably the best Quang Ping taiji I have ever seen (you watch his execution of fajing and you will know how Chen and Yang taiji are related).

Until next year!