PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in daoism

Stacey
10-04-2002, 06:01 AM
Well yesterday I did a lot of Tai Chi and chi kung/endurance in the morning and praying mantis in the afternoon....I felt great. My waist was loose, shoulders were swinging. I was a regular embodiment of the tai chi classics.

Well I tend to get yinned out when I do that. Not too excitable.

I went on a date and usually when I am so aloof and calm, it weirds unbalanced people out.

Then I started thinking about Carl Gustav Jung and the anima. That is every male must have a root of a strong yin side and the converse for women. I just went with it, noncontrivence.

I went back to my apt, realized I left my keys inside, so I thought I might have to spend the night at a park bench. How great, I would appreciate my bed the next day and learn a lot from the experience.

I went into a bar and ate nachos and drank a beer entirely too late at night. I stopped trying to be outgoing, male or any of that and in spirit became a woman, because I didn't care, it was late and I was tired. Well the waitress loved me, and I think I just met my future girlfriend.

I have complete faith in the way things are..you should too.

Repulsive Monkey
10-04-2002, 06:05 AM
Its strange that you mention becoming a women because I have just got to that section in the current chapter I'm reading of the Luke Reinhold's "The Diceman". I hope you take this option too far!!!!!!!!!
If you know what I mean??!!!

Former castleva
10-04-2002, 06:09 AM
Iīm not following at all...
Now go download Tao Te Ching and itīs gonna be allright.
:)

Ryu
10-04-2002, 06:15 AM
Stace, that's not really Taoism..... but the Taoists do call it "coming out of the closet."

;) :D

Ryu

Sho
10-04-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Ryu
Stace, that's not really Taoism..... but the Taoists do call it "coming out of the closet."OMG! I can't stop laughing. :D

Stacey
10-04-2002, 07:14 AM
when the foolish man hears of the dao he laughs out loud.

yenhoi
10-04-2002, 07:20 AM
Anyways, I thought I read somewhere a while back on this forum that your some sort of half woman/man thing?

KC Elbows
10-04-2002, 07:28 AM
Too yin can be a problem too. However, it sounds like you had a good night, so that's cool. So, is the future girlfriend the one you went on a date with, or the waitress?

anton
10-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Stacey
when the foolish man hears of the dao he laughs out loud.

"The way (dao) that can be spoken of is not the constant way (dao)"

Repulsive Monkey
10-04-2002, 07:57 AM
Too Yin is refered to in TCM as Yang Xu, and believe me you many people end up seeking the doctors advice and treatment with Yang Xu conditions, it is not helthy to be too Yin or too Yang! This is the Tao of health

KC Elbows
10-04-2002, 08:01 AM
"Never fight a land war in Asia.":rolleyes:

The only thing more frikkin annoying than people quoting taoist "sciptures" are people quoting taoist scriptures that speak against quoting taoist scriptures.

It's a wonder to me that the taoists ever said a darn thing.

MINUTES FOR THE MONTHLY TAOIST MEETING

-Bob suggested we enjoy the moment.

-Doug asked why he must enjoy the moment, could he not just be?

-Bob pointed out that not enjoying the moment for the sake of not enjoying the moment was just as not tao as enjoying the moment for the sake of enjoying the moment.

-Carol introduced a motion to increase the 10,000 moments to a larger number due to the inclusion of the internet into daily life. The motion was unanimously approved.

-Victor mentioned that the tao that can be spoken is not the true tao. Bob pointed out that, since Victor had spoken that, it was not the true tao. Victor countered by pointing out that Bob had also spoken, and so his tao was not the true tao, and that Victor's tao had been the true tao all along.

No decision was made on whose tao was the true tao.

-Carol enjoyed a nice cup of spring water.

Former castleva
10-04-2002, 08:44 AM
Yeah...
Chinese saying goes "itīs good to be neither high or low".
In case of TCM view,people are generally more yang than yin when it comes to being imbalanced.
Anyone with minor experience with it or oriental philosophy in general knows that,but everyone knew that already did not they?

eulerfan
10-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by KC Elbows
"Never fight a land war in Asia.":rolleyes:

The only thing more frikkin annoying than people quoting taoist "sciptures" are people quoting taoist scriptures that speak against quoting taoist scriptures.

I was going to put up that quote but anton beat me to it.

Not that I believe it or am even a Taoist. It's just that, if you are arrogant about how 'balanced' you are and refuse to take a joke about your 'balance', you aren't really 'balanced' are you?

"I'm so balanced, unbalanced people can't handle me."

Reminds me of that fight club quote, "I get right in their uptight little faces and show them how zen I am."

Such statements demand a little noogie or nipple twist, as it were.

The Willow Sword
10-04-2002, 11:07 AM
what a douche bag:rolleyes:

Stacey
10-04-2002, 02:55 PM
since I am male, I must have a well developed yin side to allow for a more masculine side.

like stance work to punching power.

Remember king arthur? How the lady of the lake is the origin of excalibur...same thing.

Its a kung fu thing, you wouldn't understand.

KC Elbows
10-04-2002, 02:58 PM
LOL!

This should be good.:D

The Willow Sword
10-04-2002, 03:00 PM
REVED UP LIKE A DOUUUUUCHHHE ANOTHER RUBBER IN THA NIGHT.
i love that song. :p

eulerfan
10-04-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Stacey
since I am male, I must have a well developed yin side to allow for a more masculine side.

like stance work to punching power.

Remember king arthur? How the lady of the lake is the origin of excalibur...same thing.

Its a kung fu thing, you wouldn't understand.

I thought it was a tao thing?

King Arthur knew kung fu?

Should I be happy about not being able to understand? Sort of like the relief I feel when hard-core fundamentalists refuse to 'cast pearls at swine'?

Yes, I'm unworthy. Let's go with that.

anton
10-04-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan

I was going to put up that quote but anton beat me to it.

Not that I believe it or am even a Taoist. It's just that, if you are arrogant about how 'balanced' you are and refuse to take a joke about your 'balance', you aren't really 'balanced' are you?

"I'm so balanced, unbalanced people can't handle me."

Reminds me of that fight club quote, "I get right in their uptight little faces and show them how zen I am."

Such statements demand a little noogie or nipple twist, as it were.

Exactly. :)

KC - classic post, I'm still laughing, wish it was short enough to put in a sig. :D

David Jamieson
10-04-2002, 07:53 PM
That which we despise is often our own apparent trait.

I'm talking inside of you and your character.

The Tao is always there whether we speak of it or not and no matter what action we take. it just is.

peace

eulerfan
10-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Perhaps this will help us all understand the tao:

http://www.zefrank.com/buddhist/index.html

chingei
10-04-2002, 08:02 PM
or not.

SanHeChuan
10-04-2002, 11:51 PM
I uderstand what stacy is saying, however what i understand may not be what he is saying. ;)

diego
10-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by The Willow Sword
REVED UP LIKE A DOUUUUUCHHHE ANOTHER RUBBER IN THA NIGHT.
i love that song. :p

That's not what He actually says, isit?.

David Jamieson
10-05-2002, 08:03 AM
"wracked up like a deuce another roller in the night" is how i think bruce springsteen wrote it.

peace