PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that practices White Crane...

fgxpanzerz
10-26-2001, 05:48 PM
How many times do you practice the punches? Is there special chi gung breathing in White Crane?

LeiWulong
10-26-2001, 11:11 PM
There is an old saying that says "for every punch thrown there should be 1,000 punches practised and for every minute fought there should be 10,000 minutes pracitsed and for every life taken there should be there should be ten thousand good deeds done".
Granted you probably won't kill anyone the rest of the saying holds true. Don't ever think you have thrown enough punches while practising you should always want to keep going.

Crimson Phoenix
10-29-2001, 06:54 PM
There is no rule to practice punches in white crane, the more the better (practice them well with the trembling/rebounding jings though).
As for breathing, it depends on the set...I guess when you train hard crane qigong then taoist breathing (reverse abdominal breathing) must be used, with the inhale and exhale coordinated with the moves (sometimes you can also hold your breath a little at some point of the moves, to build up local qi, but my teaching doesn't really like that method).
If you practice soft crane qigong sets, then use regualr breathing, trying to make it smooth, relaxed, deep and again coordinated with the movements...
Hope this has been of little help...

fgxpanzerz
10-30-2001, 03:04 AM
I know the moves are very similar and just want to know if there is a difference.

ngokfei
10-30-2001, 03:36 AM
Lei Wulong -

Loved that saying. Mind if I use it? I want to post it in my school.

PS do you have it in chinese? Is there a history to its source/origin?

eric Hargrove
ngokfei@juno.com

Crimson Phoenix
10-30-2001, 11:47 AM
Watch out, there's a common confusion people often make: you have tibetan lama boxing which is also called white crane (or tibetan white crane), but has NO ressemblance with the other well known art, fujian white crane.