PDA

View Full Version : Chi Sim Weng Chun forms

bloodgod
10-05-2002, 11:23 AM
1) Did all of the forms, currently taught in the Chi sim family, all come directly from fung siu ching?
2) Is it true the only original form from Wong Wah boe is the Sam pai fut form?
3) Is it true that the fa kune form,
Chu chong man imported into the Weng chun system ? If so where did the fa kune come from-
4) Did all 3 main families of Weng chun (lo, tang, ect) all have the sam pai fut, fa kune, chong kune and 11 hands?
5) Or did some forms come from one family and other forms from another and than Andreas Hoffman sifu organized them together or did Cheung organize this information?
6) Is it true Ip man learned his pole from Chu chong man?
7) Why was there a fight between Ip man clan and the Chu chong clan in Honk kong?

Thank you very much for discusion.
now the Kind god

Andreas Hoffman
10-06-2002, 08:52 AM
Dear bloodgood,

here are the answer:
1. Yes,
2. No, it isnīt. According the Lo family. Saam Pai Faat was a secret set, the shadow of Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen.
3. Fa Kuen is a special Weng Chun Kuen set from Chu Chung Man line. It is based on the same weng chun essence: 10 wisdoms-7 principles-18 Kiu Sau etc.
4. No. All families are teaching: Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen, Chong Kuen, Muk Yan Chong (3), Luk Dim Boon Kwun - Each family have a special set.
5. As my responsibility as the successor I learned all sets of all families.
6+7. I only share informations of my family not against another family.

Andreas Hoffmann

Wingman
10-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Dear Sifu Hoffman,

Just a follow-up question. I often hear about "Always spring 11 hands"; and that it is unique to Chi Sim WC. What is it exactly? Is it a form or a drill? What does it develop (ie. sensitivity, power, etc)? What is its essence?

Sorry for the many questions. I'm just curious; and I find you very open in sharing information about your WC family.

Andreas Hoffman
10-07-2002, 01:39 AM
Dear Wingman,

our Weng Chun sap Yat Kuen is a basic form. Each of the 11 section teach you a special Kiu Sau/Chi sao drill (first a two-men set than freely)to learn the 18 Kiu Sau of weng chun kuen.
You learn sensitivity, flowing etc. and on the other hand you learn special "Ging" and "Qi" methods.
In all Weng Chun Kuen families from our ancestor Fung Siu Ching this form is the foundation.

you are welcome

Andreas Hoffmann