PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pains

Hau Tien
10-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Just recently (about two weeks ago), I drastically changed and increased my workout program. I also slightly changed my diet, so that I was eating more meals throughout the day.

Anyway, every morning for the last two weeks I wake up feeling sick with that "I haven't eaten" nausea feeling. Like a severe hunger pain. By the time I wake up completely, the nausea is bad enough that I don't really WANT to eat anything. Eventually I force something into my stomach and the pains go away, which is why I'm not consulting a doctor.

What I'm curious about is if anyone else has noticed something like this happen. Is it just my new level of activity (LOTS more cardio, especially), or could I need to eat MORE?

Anyway... whatever ideas you guys have, feel free to shoot em over...

Thanks!

Qi dup
10-08-2002, 06:16 PM
Give us an idea of what your meal and workout schedule are, that should help us to get an idea of what may be going on.

Repulsive Monkey
10-09-2002, 04:24 AM
Could be Spleen/Stomach Qi deficiency through over/excessivework. The nausea/depletion feeling could be typical Spleen Qi Xu felt in the morning usually accompanied with tiredness espcially of the limbs, and stomach pains could be heat in the stomach causing nausea and upset appetite and not wanting to eat.

Merryprankster
10-09-2002, 04:39 AM
You could also have increased your metabolism--remember you are eating small meals more frequently and working out.

You might simply need to eat more--or down a small, but higher in fat and protein snack before you go to bed--like cheese and crackers or something like that. Emphasis on small. :)

Bodies are pretty cool, when you listen to em :)

neptunesfall
10-09-2002, 11:21 AM
you're pregnant

Hau Tien
10-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Well... update...

This morning I woke up with no pains at all (except typical muscle pain/stiffness from working out). Maybe it is just taking my body a little bit to adjust to the new level of activity I'm at.

Repulsive Monkey: Sounds interesting... what would be done to remedy the situation, were that the case?

We'll see how I feel the next few days... hopefully it was just an adjustment phase.

TaoBoy
10-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Hau Tien
Just recently (about two weeks ago), I drastically changed and increased my workout program. I also slightly changed my diet, so that I was eating more meals throughout the day.

What changes did you make to your training program?
Did you change what you are eating?

Rememember moderation! Don't burn yourself out.

TenTigers
10-12-2002, 07:20 AM
Drink water with the juice of 1/2 lemon first thing in the morning. One, your body needs water,two, the lemon juice balances the acidity in the body, cleanses and detoxifies the liver, and aids in the ridding the body of excess mucos. It is refreshing and revitalizing. (****, I sound like a commercial) okay, but try it .