PDA

View Full Version : MyJong Lohan Lost Track Book

cha kuen
10-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I found a book on MyJong Lohan Lost Track boxing on ebay. Does anyone have this book, is it good? It seems interesting.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1569406739

NorthernShaolin
10-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Cha,

I do not have this particular book but the Chinese on the cover does not read Mi Tsung (MyJong) Lo Han but just Mi Tsung (MyJong). Huo Yuan Chia knew Mi Tsung and Mi Tsung Lo Han was developed much later by Yip Yee Ting in the 1930's.

cha kuen
10-10-2002, 12:19 AM
I thought that was a cantonese vs mandarin spelling of the word?

NorthernShaolin
10-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Cha Kuen,

No it is not.

This guy selling the book does have his facts straight so can anyone really trust his product? Also he is asking for $12 which is very high for a book that maybe is really only worth $4.

You can alway wait until it is over then e-mail him and offer a lower price that is more reasonable.

Tainan Mantis
10-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Northern Shaolin,
Are you familiar with a Ming dynasty book called Chuen Jing?
It goes into great detail on Mi Chuen.
Don't know if this is another name for Mi Dzong Chuen.

Also has 8 Immortal Drunken fist on a later addition. Probably by the first master's grandstudent.

One of the few verifiably genuine Ming dynasty kung fu books, but I don't think it has ever been translated into English.

NorthernShaolin
10-12-2002, 12:36 AM
Dummy me...I typed it wrong, I mean to say that he does not have his facts right so can we really trust his product.

Tainan Mantis,

No I'm not familar with this book but it does sound interesting. Chinese books have a 30 year cycle. If one does not find it when it is publish, wait for 25-30 years and it will be published again. The Chinese publishing companies print a limited number and that is it until years later. Hopefully I see it in the book stores in Chinatown.

Thanks for the info.

Hey Buddhapalm did you get that? This book might help you in your research.

buddhapalm
10-12-2002, 06:35 PM
Hi Guys,
Yes, Tainan Mantis was telling me about Chuen Jing a few months ago. Before that I had never heard of it.

Mi Chuan....Did it list many forms of this style, if so it would help identify if it was Mi Zong. I also would love to hear the names of the forms.....se if they have any of mine.

What other styles did it discuss, and who was it written by ?

Was it written by a man called Wu Shu (not the martial art name) ?

I need to learn to read Chinese, then I would love to read it. That will be part of my "Kung Fu" training :-))))

Cheers

Buddhapalm

beiquan
10-19-2002, 01:23 PM
I just bought a copy of this in taiwan, it was recently re-published (a reprint of the woodblock edition), the full title is something like quan jing quanfa beiyao-- "boxing classic & boxing appendix". haven't gotten very far into it though...

TaiChiStorm
10-31-2002, 03:12 AM
Hello beiquan,
I tried to send you a private message before, but you disabled this option.
I read in an very old threat that you were about going to Taiwan for some time. Well....I have the same idea. And there is a big possibility that I can go to Kaohsiung as well!!!
I would be so happy if you contacted me to tell me how it is and stuff. Did you finally find a MA school there ??
I am in touch with the "Sun Yat-sen University there. Where did you go to study Chinese??
Thank you very much!!

best regards
TCS