PDA

View Full Version : the day when you became the sh#t

GreyFox81
10-09-2002, 10:54 PM
has there been a time when you were free sparring and for some unknown reason you were fighting as if you were a legend i remeber we was doing two on one free sparring and i was the
truth blocking kicks simultaneously with ease attacking my opponents and breaking there defenses as if there was none
i was one with everything and after that day it never happened again i don't know what it is but it gone anyone have a similar experiance

joedoe
10-09-2002, 11:08 PM
I know what you mean. Some days you just can't get anything right, other days no-one can touch you. I personally think it is a rhythm thing - if you have your rhythm right then it all falls into place. If your rhythm is a little out, you still do OK but not as good. If your rhythm sucks then you get owned :)

rubthebuddha
10-09-2002, 11:11 PM
people say it's just being "on," but i'm still trying to find my switch. :(

Ryu
10-09-2002, 11:17 PM
People at my judo school used to comment on how good my newaza grappling was :D I owe it to a couple years of BJJ though ;)

But honestly I think the day I became the "Sh!t" was the day I entered a place called "Kungfuonline" :D :D :D :D
hehehehe!

Kidding guys, stop the tomato throwing :(

Ryu

Xebsball
10-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Ive had that happen on soccer to me some times its like you become one with the enviroment or something.

Ryu
10-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Xeb, I recently went to my first live soccer game a few weeks ago. And it was hella exciting! :) I was surprised. Soccer isn't as big in the US as it is in other places, but man what a show.

Ryu

TaoBoy
10-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Ryu
Xeb, I recently went to my first live soccer game a few weeks ago. And it was hella exciting! :) I was surprised. Soccer isn't as big in the US as it is in other places, but man what a show.

Ryu

Aaaah, you will soon be converted. :p

Back on topic - I think it's a matter of where your head's at.

MightyB
10-10-2002, 05:49 AM
I definitely haven't ever had a day where I was the $hit, but I have had days where I've felt very light and fast picking targets and relying on evasion, and then others where I've felt like a M1 Tank where I slug it out and rely on a heavy defense.

ewallace
10-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Dare I say, En Fuego!

NorthernMantis
10-10-2002, 07:35 AM
Hey grey fox been playing metal gear solid lately?:D

Chang Style Novice
10-10-2002, 07:37 AM
I've been sh!t ever since I started training martial arts. I'm getting a little better, though.

KC Elbows
10-10-2002, 08:33 AM
Hopefully, the day I become the sh1t won't be the same day they fix the toilet.

Actually, I've been on at many points in my life, but it's a relative thing. Was it because my opponent was off when I was on? Was it because I was on versus that type of opponent. What turned me on in the first place? Was it the Power Puff girls?(Huge eyes just get me HOT!:D )

Chang Style Novice
10-10-2002, 08:36 AM
KC's PPG reference reminded me - I've learned another one of the 5 Evil Cartoon Genius Animal Styles of Burmese Kalari Do.

Now, in addition to my Mojo Jojo Dojo monkey techniques, and my Wai Li Koy O Te wild dog boxing, I have mastered Zorak Tanglang.

KC Elbows
10-10-2002, 08:43 AM
Very good,

And nice hijacking.

Now back to the PoerPuff Girls!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The short one is so hot.:D

SevenStar
10-10-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball
Ive had that happen on soccer to me some times its like you become one with the enviroment or something.

actually, there's something to that. I read about a study of pro golfers. according to the study, right before the putt, the pros kindof zone out and their brain activity is extremely steady. amateurs and newbies had more erratic braiwave patterns.

neptunesfall
10-10-2002, 10:59 AM
i like the one with the big eyes, KC

Ryu
10-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Check her out, KC. She's got everything you need....

KC's hot girl pic (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/4419/ufo-image.html)

KC Elbows
10-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Wow. What beautiful...eyes.

SifuAbel
10-10-2002, 01:06 PM
That is called "The Zone" by many atheletes. The flow and feel of the body without the hindrance of the talkative mind.

Don't think, Feeeeeeeeeeel.
It is like a finger pointing at the moon.
SLAP!!
Don't look at the finger or you will miss all that heavenwy gwowy.

Xebsball
10-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Yeah Ryu its cool, i havent watched or played in a while now since i finished highschool but it was always great fun, specially playing. I sucked so i played on the defense.

Royal Dragon
10-10-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm suprised noone has mentioned "Chi" yet :cool:

joedoe
10-10-2002, 09:11 PM
That is because despite this being a forum for the discussion of kung fu, the word Qi is considered rude and unscientific. :D

MightyB
10-11-2002, 05:47 AM
"That is because despite this being a forum for the discussion of kung fu, the word Qi is considered rude and unscientific."

Only when it's adherents claim to perform miracles. :D