PDA

View Full Version : EVERYTHING you know

Apprentice
10-10-2002, 01:47 AM
This is Hung-Gar Related

I am VERY intersted in Hung-Gar...i've heard much about it...and i LOVE the 5-animal concepts. It just makes it so complete to me.

I'd REALLY like to know alot of fun details about each of the animals..

I've checked out several websites and they really dont go into much detail about each of the animals specifically, which is why i'm asking here....

Can you tell me about each animal specifically? Such as, what studying each one develops, for what area. And HOW it gets developed would be really fun to know too. And WAYS they work would be cool, like i heard about the Leopard step...dont remember how they described it. But the more details, the better, but dont think u have to do alot.

Also, any training methods u would like to include would be nice too :)

Ps:
Plz dont tell me to go take a class, theres much time b4 i do that...gonna goto airforce THEN kung-fu....so i'd jes like to know as much as possible, cuz it keeps me excited :)

Apprentice
10-10-2002, 09:10 PM
even 1 animal is enough information if its detailed! :)

Add your grain of sand.....and soon we'll have a castle :)

Put in your 2 cents, and then we'll be rich :)

Tell me sumthin, and i'll know somethin :)

HuangKaiVun
10-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Watch these movies:

Jackie Chan's "Drunken Master".
Gordon Liu's "Master Killer".
Bolo Yeung/Cynthia Rothrock/Jahlal Merhi's "Tiger Claws"

WinterPalm
10-14-2002, 04:19 PM
Try this link it's from my Sifu's website.
http://www.mts.net/~sillum/art2.htm
It's not exactly hung gar but covers the five animals.

David Jamieson
10-20-2002, 10:53 AM
Apprentice -

You won't "know" anything about the action of Kung Fu by reading about it.

You have to do it to know it. You have to learn it to do it.

Once you have experience and at least half a loaf of kungfu, that's when reading/watching will become of use to your practice.

Prior to that, it's just info on a page.

Winterpalm -

Your sifu is my sifu, you'd be surprised at how much he does know of Hung Family fist. He's been doing it for quite some time along with the other styles he teaches. Ha say Fu is purportedly the "old" style of Hung Gar stemming from original 5 animals of Sil Lum.

peace

GreyMystik
10-21-2002, 06:01 AM
i guess i'm a bit confused as to what "drunken master" has to do with hung gar, other than the name of the character portrayed...?

HuangKaiVun
10-21-2002, 10:01 AM
In the outset of the movie, Freddy's kwoon utilizes moves from Hung Ga.

Then when Freddy fights Sam Seed for the first time, he goes into the "Fu Hok" (Tiger Crane) form. Unfortunately, he splits his pants in the process!

Freddy then goes into some of the animals. The jing of the moves isn't classic Hung Ga, but it does illustrate usage of some of the animal sets in the Hung Ga system.

Later in the movie, Freddy's dad is seen coaching the fat guy. The form utilized in that sequence is Hung Ga's "5 Animals" set.

illusionfist
10-21-2002, 11:21 AM
Tiger is the most obvious of the animals when studying Hung Gar. It trains the practitioner to use paan ging, or whole body power. It is said that tiger trains the bone. What this means is that when you use the tiger claw, the muscles around your kiu sau (bridge hand) strengthen the bone by squeezing it. When this is done over a period of time, the bone gets stronger.

David Jamieson
10-21-2002, 04:07 PM
ifist-

between the two of us, we can animate our avatars and have a wu dip do sparring session! :D

peace

illusionfist
10-21-2002, 06:06 PM
ahhahahahaha, i just noticed that.