PDA

View Full Version : Fu Hac Kuen (PM)

EAZ
10-10-2002, 05:57 AM
Hello,

I have been informed by a regular visitor on this forum that their exists a Pak Mei form in Guangdong called "Tiger Crane form".

Might someone be kind enough to tell me more about it: where it comes from, what lineage etc.

The reason I am asking is because in Vietnam we have a form called "3 attacks" of crane, in which movements are possibly similar.

Thanks,

EAZ

Crimson Phoenix
10-10-2002, 07:17 AM
Couldn't your 3 attacks form be a version of the very well known sanzhan/sam chien/sanchin???
I don't know if you verified, but maybe you could find more similarities in this form...
Don't know if that will help...

fiercest tiger
10-10-2002, 05:20 PM
nah, its not like san chan kata etc

eaz,
shaolin pak mei origin only.

FT:)

tnwingtsun
10-10-2002, 11:39 PM
I have been to your site but I don't speak French,but I do have a good friend that is Vietnamese but he doesn't speak French either.

Do you have a link to the Viet Branch?

I would think that the HQ is in Cholon/Saigon Chinatown.

EAZ
10-11-2002, 02:23 AM
(Yes, I hope our web site will be finished translated soon. The student working on it is taking his time...SIGH)

Well if anyone has heard of this form Fu Hac in PM, please let me know.

Off topic:

To the best of my knowledge, I have never heard or seen ANY Viet PM "HQ" in Cholon. PM was destroyed as a School during communist revolution as all practitioners at that time were Chinese. There are a few people left practicing, but they do so very discreetly.

The only student of Tsang Wai Bok (bar our lineage) who taught to none CHinese died in 1989 (I think it was 89) and from him sprouted Andy Treong, and other PM lineages (one in Italy, another person here in Paris...)

I am from another lineage of Tsang Wai Bok but am very familiar with what they practice. There are also other lienages of PM in Vietnam NOT from Tsang Wai Bok, dating from the same peirod 1930s, and still present today, with whom there have been exchanges.

Yum Cha
10-13-2002, 08:03 PM
I stumbled upon this vietnamese link awhile ago. I hope it is of interest.

http://www.vietanhmon.org/ibachmi.htm

fiercest tiger
10-13-2002, 10:11 PM
He He He, i think they are talking about me there? Big C@ck aka big slong!

hahahaha yeah baby!!!;)

crumpet
10-13-2002, 11:18 PM
probably suppose to be big rooster :D

fiercest tiger
10-13-2002, 11:32 PM
maybe....lol maybe he had a huge tally wacker?:)lol

or he was a big Pr!ck?

hahaha bye
FT

EAZ
10-14-2002, 01:50 AM
is the surname of the Chinese student of Tsang Wai Bok who was well known for his irrasible temper and who nonetheless was the only one who taught vietnamese people in Saigon. He got his name from the fact that he abandonned PM three times, and three times he started again to practice. He was a well known fighter.

A fellow student of my sifu who lives in Vietnam told me that one of the things he really liked to do to his students was take a bamboo stick and slide it very hard along the ground at the same time as practioner performed the backward shuffling steps of 18 frictions or Fierce Tiger. This fellow student of mine who had the opportunity at ne point to briefly practice under him(he is much older than me ) said that by the end of the course his shins were bloody because Tai Chek Cam (Big Rooster) would keep sweeping the bamboo faster and faster under his feet and he could not do the movement properly at high speed.

Another anecdote this time from my sifu was that Tsang Wai Bok attacked him with double forearms and Big Rooster countered with double block of forearms (as in beginning of salute in Sek Si for instance), and Big Rooster had both his arms brocken and in a cast for 8 months.

Big Rooster is by far the most well known student of Tsang Wai Bok, both for his character and the fact that he taught many none Chinese.

Yum Cha: thanks, the Italian web site is from a vietnamese student of Tai Chek Cam. By the way, I have astudent flying out to Australia, can you possibly give your adress and coordinates to reach you if she wishes to come visit one of your classes (send to my email)?

Bolt
10-14-2002, 09:52 AM
EAZ / TNWINGTSUN : FYI - You can go to "altavista.com" site and use the "Babblefish" translator to read this site. It translates French to English fairly well.

Yum Cha
10-14-2002, 05:27 PM
I like the story about the stick, I don't totally understand just how it was done, but close enough to get the point. Just last weekend Sifu told me that the stick used to be used quite a bit to teach Pak Mei (and I suspect many other arts as well) its just that you can't smack students as much these days, ...<grin>.

Yes, I realised that was an Italian site after I posted the link, do you know those guys?

EAZ
10-15-2002, 01:06 AM
I have never met them but many viet students of my sifu are of same generation as the teacher there and trained about the same time.