PDA

View Full Version : Aussie kung fu

Ging Mo Fighter
10-10-2002, 10:25 AM
Hey i'm new to these boards :)

im doing a style of kungfu called Ging mo kune

our website is at www.malcolmsue.com.au

its not a finished website yet but some of it works.

tell me what u think about it

the roots of our martial art are deep in southern style praying mantis

crumpet
10-10-2002, 06:19 PM
wow excellent design! can't wait till u have the whole site up good job!

joedoe
10-10-2002, 11:15 PM
I think I saw a demo by some of your guys a few years ago. You guys are Perth-based aren't you?

Ging Mo Fighter
10-10-2002, 11:54 PM
Yeah Perth based, Western Australia.

I'd like to think of our school as being one of the best kung fu schools in the southern hemisphere.

Theres only 3 Kungfu schools in Western Australia as far as my knowledge goes anyway.

being : Roger Smarts Wing Chun, Malcolm Sue's Ging mo kune, and Choy Lay Fut academy.

All being absolutely fantastic clubs. (ive checked them all out)

buksing_king
10-13-2002, 04:29 AM
hey man hows it goin ?

I'm from perth aswell, but i do choy lay fut buk sing .... at balcatta

I know malcom sue utilises those rings around your wrists .... i heard that his style of kung fu is not a style as such but more of a blend of several styles ........ is this true ?

Also.... have you heard about that kickboxing vs kung fu thing >.............. word on the street is that those kung fu fighters are training at our school
:p heheheh

nice to know of someone else in the city who also come to these boards ............

..........................OFF TOPIC....................

how f.ucked up is the s.hit that happened in bali ...... my deepest sympathies for anyone related to the incident

Ging Mo Fighter
10-13-2002, 06:12 AM
hey how are yuh mate

yeah we utalize the shaolin rings after about 5 months of training

youve gotta learn the basics first, and get a bit of conditioning of course

the style malcolm sue teaches is "Ging Mo Kune" which was named by the head of the shaolin temple in china - hanon i think?

it means - "the escence of martial arts"

malcolm sue was a master of tong long - southern style praying mantis before this, and then traveled around learning other styles.

its mainly tong long, but he has dispensed with the "less important bits" and thrown in the best of what else he has learnt and mastered over the years

(all this is correct to the best of my knowledge but you might want to ask an instructor at the school for a 100% accurate layout of things)

anyway, id love to hear about your training, if you want to reply in this forum (what weapons you learn, training methods, other affiliations)

p.s. my instructor said that its unfair to make a kung fu student fight a thai boxer using the thai boxers "Rules"

he said in real life your aloud to step on feet, gauge eyes, and throw chairs at them (whatever needs to be done) which is alot different from a "controled fighting area"

:)

Harry Gow
10-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Hi Ging Mo Fighter,
Does Malcolm and his inner gates still teaches the good old chow gar tong long forms ( i mean sarm bo gin, bik kiu, pai kiu, ying kum, swimming dragons )??

Do you guys still do Doi Jongs and pok, pak, pai, gow conditioning or has he changed it completely???

His teaching was very different back in the old days, I seen some of his Ging Mo videos, it's a lot harsher than traditional chow gar.

What did uncle Nat has to say about his new style or styles???
Have you ever done any traditional chow gar before??

H. Gow
Sunnybank, Brisbane.

mantis-1
10-13-2002, 05:56 PM
its mainly tong long, but he has dispensed with the "less important bits" and thrown in the best of what else he has learnt and mastered over the years...

What lesser bits of chow gar has he dispensed with and what has he added?

regards

Ging Mo Fighter
10-13-2002, 07:06 PM
both of those questions are best refered to someone at the school, one of the instructors, as i'd only be speculating

the training is very conditioning orienatated, not only being mentally conditioned to fight when needed to, but so that you dont bruise up when youve gotta use your tools.

For those interested, my current hand conditioning techniques are
-
gow choy, pay sow jong.
gar sow, pock sow, gow choy jong.
gar sow, pock sow, gow choy, pay sow jong.
bill sow, die sow jong. (ok this one rules, but its hard sometimes)
finger press jong.
bill sow, chow got jong.

this is just the hand conditioning we do with each other, not by ourselves.

bystander
10-13-2002, 11:03 PM
are the kung fu fighters you speak of the ones Phon brought over to fight in his last 2 shows?

Ging Mo Fighter
10-14-2002, 01:09 AM
probably not, we do not compete in sporting events

or events with padding and rules etc

vingtsunstudent
10-14-2002, 02:28 AM
'how f.ucked up is the s.hit that happened in bali ...... my deepest sympathies for anyone related to the incident'
yes it is absolutely terrible, all these ****in' scumbag terrorists who can't realise that this a small planet, and that there is no room for their political and religious beliefs to cause trouble with people who simply do not share their views. they should all be killed instantly.
what's worse is all these so-called australians, you know, the people who come out here to live to escape the harsh living conditions of their former countries, not being able to actually appreciate what they now have, ie a better life.
instead they bring all their political and religious garbage with them and try and make the rest of us who couldn't give a **** suffer with all their ****.
i am not racist, i love all people no matter what colour their skin or religous beliefs, i just hate *******s(which does mean plenty of white aussie people i have met as well)
i personally don't have a religion that i follow but my thoughts definitely go out to all the relatives of those that are suffering.
i have just found out that a friend of mine arrived there last thursday, he was however lucky enough to have escaped without injury and is already back home.
sorry for going O/T but i hate all this and i needed to rant.
vts

anton
10-14-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by vingtsunstudent
what's worse is all these so-called australians, you know, the people who come out here to live to escape the harsh living conditions of their former countries, not being able to actually appreciate what they now have, ie a better life.
instead they bring all their political and religious garbage with them and try and make the rest of us who couldn't give a **** suffer with all their ****.
vts

Before people jump on you, I'd like to say that as a person who wasn't born in Australia I totally agree... If you choose to call Australia your home, then leave your issues and prejudices behind.

vingtsunstudent
10-14-2002, 07:00 AM
thanks anton
if people wish to have a go at me for these statemants then that is fine but like i said, i have no hatered towards any person for their religious or political beliefs just don't be an *******(cause an a-hole is an a-hole no matter what their skin colour, religionor whatever) and think that we all must believe in it or we should die, if you wish to come here and live then that is fine just leave all your **** behind and start a fresh.
i don't believe that there is one person who believes that terorist acts are the way to solve anything.
vts

Leonidas
10-14-2002, 07:58 AM
No ones gonna attack you for that. What you said is pretty reasonable. I agree with it atleast.

Oh yea and to stay on topic. That's an excellent site Ging Mo. I especially like the music. Its really clear and plays automatic. That a nice touch. The flash animation is top notch.

Ging Mo Fighter
10-14-2002, 08:13 AM
thanx 4 the support

what happened was barbaric brutal murder, no excuse

australias blackest day since ww2, i hope they hunt down the ****ers who did the crime and bring them back to australia for "questioning"

and if indonesia are *****s about it, give them a mouthful too

(P.S. LETS NOT TALK ANYMORE ABOUT THIS IN MY THREAD THANX)

bystander
10-15-2002, 01:08 AM
im talking about the sanshou fighters phon martdee brought over from china to fight the thai boxers

Ging Mo Fighter
10-15-2002, 02:36 AM
sounds like a hand picked fight to me

its always gonna be dodgy when moneys involved

HuangKaiVun
10-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Nice looking site.

So this is your teacher, GingMoFighter.

As soon as you can get all the little buttons working, it should prove to be very informative.

extrajoseph
10-17-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by bystander
im talking about the sanshou fighters phon martdee brought over from china to fight the thai boxers

My Australian contact from Perth tells me the Chinese Sanda Champion Ms. Wang Jian-Li they brought over beated the **** out of the Japanese Thai fighter in the final and they have to stop the fight with the loser receiving 6 stiches afterward.

Can anyone confirm this information?

bluebeltjones
12-09-2002, 11:29 PM
hey

that is completely true people i trained with performed a demonstration at the fight.....lion dances and a wushu demo....

Eddie
12-10-2002, 02:26 AM
:D Ging mo fighter,
you say your the best in the southern hempesphere ?
We have some top schools here in SA, who also think they are the best in the Southern Hemisphere. maybe we should start a friendly kung fu rivalry with the Auzzy kung fu schools and the SA kung fu people (just like the Rugby :). just kidding

my father spend a big part of his life stationed in auz (SA Navi) before he met my mom, so i'm pretty sure I have some brothers or sisters running around there :).

Anton,
if I may ask, in which country were you born?

In all fairness, Although SA is still the Rugby kings (NOOOOHT) Australia still have the coolest chicks (Kylie and Danny are both so hot).

BTW - If anyone of you guys are interested to come to SA for a visit, we will be having a CLF seminar with Master Li Siu Hung again here in SA during October next year (more details will follow). Contact me, I can organise some cheap but decent accomodation.

bystander
12-10-2002, 06:20 AM
yes extrajoseph the chinese fighter did win by TKO (sidekick to face, it just happened to cut her, the japanese fighter didnt even seem hurt)

i was at the fight, i have seen the japanese fighter fight a couple of times and she seems very good, she seemed to be connecting with more shots than her chinese opponent. All the chinese opponent was doing was connecting with a couple of sidekicks which didnt even fase her and occassionally landing a haymaker. i would NOT call it getting the **** beaten out of her.

i practice chinese kung fu, i would not favour either fighter whether they are from muay thai or chinese kung fu, but it seemed the japanese muay thai fighter had the upper hand.

btw who do you know in perth?

BearBear
12-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Ging Mo Fighter:

Hi. can you tell me please what is the kick in ging mo kune called Ngow Teck (hooking kick)

please describe it. what part of the foot used to strike with. motion and angle etc in ging mo kune.

if possible.

thanks.

bearbear

ps. do u know when the web site will be working .. malcolmsue.com, its been over a year i think and most of the links dead/dun work... OR is it just me O_o .. casue looks a great site ..

:)

Ging Mo Fighter
12-10-2002, 07:18 PM
the only kick ive learnt so far is

chin tek

which is a simple straight raising the leg kick, with toes pointed down. it is either to be directed to the groin, or head, once you have control of your oponent. ie holding there hair, or after delivering a devistating blow.

thanx :)

anton
12-10-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Eddie

Anton,
if I may ask, in which country were you born?

Ofcourse, I was born in a country that technically no longer exists: the USSR. I am an ethnic Russian and was born in what is now called Ukraine.

TaoBoy
12-10-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by anton

Ofcourse, I was born in a country that technically no longer exists: the USSR. I am an ethnic Russian and was born in what is now called Ukraine.

Man that's tricky. What do you say when people ask your nationality (if you don't say Aussie that is).

Just curious.

anton
12-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy

Man that's tricky. What do you say when people ask your nationality (if you don't say Aussie that is).

Just curious.

LOL :D
When non-Aussies ask me I just say I'm Australian (I've lived here most of my life).
When Aussies ask me I just say I'm Russian...
My whole family is Russian, I spent a lot of my childhood in what is now Russia proper, and my Soviet passport/birth certificate would have listed my Race/Nationality as Russian.

Besides:
I can't say I'm Soviet because that would just be silly and might give the impression that I was a communist.
I can't say I'm Ukrainian, because no-one in my family is Ukrainian and I've never considered myself Ukrainian, and I can hardly understand a word of their language (one of the funniest sounding languages in the world IMO).

extrajoseph
12-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, may be my source was a bit biased in his opinion. I know some of the CLF guys from the gwoon where the Chinese fighter was doing her pre-fight training, sorry no names.

JosephX

Eddie
12-11-2002, 12:29 AM
they had a clip on one of the tv channel news last night about a sanshou match between the chinese government law enforcement officers and some US San Shou team. Parrently China won all but one fight.
Is this the same tournament you speak off?

The clip they showed was between one of the Chinese officers and a USTeam mate.After victory, the chinese fighter did one of those one legged shin fong toi kicks (tornado kicks?) to mark his victory.

BearBear
12-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Ging Mo Fighetr

Thanks for the chin teck info :))

when u leanr ngow teck lemme know! hehe

is ging mo kune still pretty much mantis?

what are some things that make it different?

i've onli seen some pictures of ging mo kune in a magazine and it was pure chow gar tong long (which is not a bad thing at all, since its based on chow gar)
Interested in more of your personal description, opiion of the art.

thanks

BB

bystander
12-11-2002, 12:57 AM
extrajoseph, She must have been training at one of the buk sing schools in perth because im pretty sure she wasnt at the chan family school.

extrajoseph
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Yes that is correct.

JAZA
12-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Franco Riggio is from Perth, and he is Buk Sing and Chan family disciple.

bystander
12-14-2002, 06:22 AM
he is my sifu

5thBrother
03-13-2003, 07:03 AM
For those interested, my current hand conditioning techniques are
-
gow choy, pay sow jong.
gar sow, pock sow, gow choy jong.
gar sow, pock sow, gow choy, pay sow jong.
bill sow, die sow jong. (ok this one rules, but its hard sometimes)
finger press jong.
bill sow, chow got jong.

hi.. can u briefly describe each of these?

gow pay sao jongis that the one where A. gow choy to B's Pock Sao into Pay Sao to B's other pock sao... etc...

thanks

5thBrother
06-21-2003, 08:32 PM
hi.

can anyone give me some information on the folowing please.

* lin wan sarm sao kung fu ... it comes from cgow gar tong long i think via dennis sue-tin .

* hok seh tong long .. also comes from cgtl .. via ?dneiis or guy sui-tin

* is lin wan samr soa and hok seh tong long the same art? as in maybe changed name as they created their new style .. first lwss then hstl ..

* any and all information on the sue-tin brothers, both/either borthers

* are the sue-tin brothers related (blood/marriage) to the sue brothers (malcolm and henry)

* any information on tony conley .. i think he was the senior student of dennis sue-tin in their chow gar tong long days. and now with lwss

* any info the early years of chow gar in aust. natalis yuen, sue brothers, sue-tin bothers, tan, others?

* wot is the training like in LWSS, HSTL etc.. eg. pai da, sam bo jin, etc

very interested ....

thanking you

5th Bro

fidon
06-29-2003, 06:22 AM
Its an okay site, wish it was more simple though, **** flash takes too long to load (stupid dialup), and the buttons dont always work. By the way are the forms in Ging Mo Kune the same as chow gar? i mean what are some of the names of them?

Fu-Pau
07-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Ging Mo Fighter
I'd like to think of our school as being one of the best kung fu schools in the southern hemisphere.

Theres only 3 Kungfu schools in Western Australia as far as my knowledge goes anyway.

being : Roger Smarts Wing Chun, Malcolm Sue's Ging mo kune, and Choy Lay Fut academy.

All being absolutely fantastic clubs. (ive checked them all out)

Ging Mo Fighter,

Actually there are quite a few kung fu schools in WA they just don't all advertise themselves commercially