PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Know Where i can get books on Hop Gar Kung Fu

FIRE HAWK
10-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Anbody know where i can get books on Hop Gar Kung Fu .

Dercetuas
10-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Hop Gar Mantis Kung Fu by Steve Richards
Published by Crompton 2000

TenTigers
10-11-2002, 03:14 PM
I'm not sure whether it was Unoqie Publications or possibly O'Hara, but Micheal P. Staples wrote three exellent books on Hop-Ga and Bak Hok. White Crane Gung-Fu, Hop-Gar Kung-Fu, and Way of the Monk-Tibetan Kung-Fu,-not sure of exact titles. The White Crane book might be out of print. They had nice info on lineage, history, eight long hand, eight short hand, eight kicks, stances,applications, no forms however, but still a good addition to anyone's library. It also had one thing that I thought was really cool-it showed the original painting (tapestry) that the Blue Willow was taken from. In the original, it showed the burning of Siu Lum Jee and the birth of the Heavan Earth and Man Society. I don't know where he got it from, but it was facinating to see it, especially since I have the Blue Willow pattern on my dinnerware. It is a popular pattern that the Brits took and changed the details and put on everything, plates, cups, pottery, vases, etc.

FIRE HAWK
10-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Where can I get these books ?

Tao-Yin-Lee
10-12-2002, 01:55 AM
If you want information on Tibetan arts, try

www.tibetankungfu.com

You can mail the admin and be put in touch with people from all of the major Tibetan Pai/Sangha who can answer your questions

Tao.

TenTigers
10-13-2002, 03:39 PM
Unique Publications puts out Inside Kung-Fu, so they have ads in every issue.