Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Xebsball
02-10-2003, 07:27 PM
poor kid :(

TaoBoy
02-11-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by joedoe
[B]

Good to hear at least one person in the world is happy :).

Any happy naked pics? (j/k) :D

He ain't jokin' eulerfan. ;)
Good to see ya smilin'!

Alrighty then - I need a dog name. I'm gonna buy me a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and I want names.

So far my list inclues:

Boys: Zeus, Loki and Bodhi (Loki is my fave)
Girls: Shiva, Sian (Shaan), Starla, Asha (No fave)

Keep the post count up by suggesting some names.

:D

TaoBoy
02-11-2003, 03:52 AM
BTW - I'm after a dog that looks something like this:

http://www.sbtcv.org.au/poppy.jpg
http://www.sbtcv.org.au/buster.jpg
http://www.sbtcv.org.au/taurbeck_sambrown.jpg
http://www.sbtcv.org.au/taurbeck_bronte.jpg
http://www.sbtcv.org.au/seighfordtikkamasala.jpg

Peace.

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Taoboy, joedoe, thank you. After so much drama, I finally found something effortless. This guy feels like home. I'll stop gushing.

I always get to know a dog's personality before I name it. I would suggest you do that. But, just from the pictures, I'd name the dog Stanley from Streetcar Named Desire. I don't know why but that's who that little guy makes me think of.

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 08:29 AM
I make grilled cheese sammiches with mayonaise instead of butter. Mmmmmmmmm.

Chang Style Novice
02-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Taoboy -
Or you could call him "Lyle" after Warren Oates' character in the Wild Bunch.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/wildbunch/lyle.htm

actually, on secong thought a Staffie looks more like Dutch, Ernest Borgnine's character from the same picture.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/wildbunch/dutch.htm

Eulerfan -

That's great! Is he shooting the picture or is he in there, too?

And does this mean you won't be visiting us Austinites? (sniffle)

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 10:00 AM
call him Icarus, i think its a good name.

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 10:00 AM
CSN,

That picture was taken a while ago by my best friend John, before I met this guy. I posted it because I am really happy in it and I'm really happy now. The reason for my expression in that picture is that I just got off of the Dungeon Drop in Astroworld and my stomach is still in my throat. They raise you up so high you can see across houston then just drop you. It's the most awesome thing, ever.

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 10:51 AM
i want a ******* quite like this (http://www.medievalweaponart.com/images/p/88HNH.jpg)

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 11:21 AM
eulerfan, the kfo thingy on the forum shows its your birthday today.

Happy Birthday!! (http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies/birthday.gif) :D

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 11:23 AM
This one is in Serpent's name:

*emulates Serpent's voice*
"Happy birthday!!"

norther practitioner
02-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Euler,
You're asking for a corinary aren't you.

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 11:28 AM
YAY!!!!!

THANK YOU XEBULON!!!! Xebby, xebsball, xebanatrocics inc., it's xebsabration time!

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Euler,
You're asking for a corinary aren't you.

It's not as though I subsist on the things. It's actually been months since I've had one. I can pretty much eat whatever I want because a) I don't eat a lot and b) a lot of times I actually want a salad or a yogurt or what have you.

FatherDog
02-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Yeah, happy birthday! Congratulations; you didn't die. :D

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks. It was hard to do what with all the bullets flying about my head and deranged, armed madmen hurling themselves at me. But I made it. Phew!

FatherDog
02-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Good work, comrade.

Incidentally, it's "hallucinogenic". Sorry, but that's been bugging me.

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 12:22 PM
There ya go, little buddy!

Chang Style Novice
02-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Okay, now make a wish and use the force from a reverse punch to blow out the candles on this cake...

Have a happy, kiddo.

FatherDog
02-11-2003, 12:47 PM
Woo! Now all is perfect and groovy.

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 12:49 PM
You're welcome :D

norther practitioner
02-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Happy Birthday Euler. Here is one number you can't get around.

@PLUGO
02-11-2003, 01:02 PM
This is my Dog (http://tathata.org/~patricky/petra/Petportrait.jpg)

her name is PETRA (the wonder Dog) she rocks...

She had puppies 2 years ago... my girlfriend kept therunt. (http://tathata.org/~patricky/petra/pups/zig1.jpg)
He was Sooo small (http://tathata.org/~patricky/petra/pups/zig2.jpg) we weren't sure he would live. (that's me BTW holding him)
However, 2 years later, Ziggee Zags is Not a runt anymore!!!

norther practitioner
02-11-2003, 01:08 PM
True, for some reason it reminded me of one of the David Spade and Chris Farley movies where David said to him "I can actually here you getting fatter," which to me was just funny, but the mayo thing just reminded me of that, and I somehow associated a corinary.

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 01:38 PM
i love dogs, they so cool :)

SevenStar
02-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Today is euler's b day?

HAPPY B DAY!!!

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Today is euler's b day?

HAPPY B DAY!!!

@PLUGO
02-11-2003, 03:20 PM
gonna post a photo in your b-day suit then?

joedoe
02-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Probably too late (d@mn time zones) but happy bday eulerfan.

eulerfan
02-11-2003, 04:10 PM
Nope, still my b-day. Seven more hours of b-day. Thanks.

TaoBoy
02-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Happy birthday eulerfan!! (Must check profile for age.)

Now, people focus on me again!! I need doggie names!!

Loki is the Nordic God of mischief. Pretty cool.
Shiva is the Hindu God of creation and destruction. Also cool.

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Have you considered Dragon Ball Z names?

Vegeta, Goku...

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 06:12 PM
Southpark names?

Towelie, Chef...

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 06:15 PM
How about Street Fighter / King of Fighters / Fatal Fury / Virtua Fighter / Tekken names?

Sagat, Blanka, Ken, Kyo, Terry, Andy, Akira, Akuma, Pai, Lau, Dural...

Dural is a good one i think

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Marvel Comics / DC Comics

Hulk, Thor, Deadpool, Gambit, Clark (Kent), Iron Man (dog), the Flash, Superman (dog)...

Xebsball
02-11-2003, 06:28 PM
not trying to be an attention *****, to do the 3000 posts or to outpost anyone... just giving some name sugestions.

TaoBoy
02-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Xebs is an attention *****!!

Marvel Comics names is a good idea. I've been lookin at X-Men names too. I want something obscure yet very cool.

Loki is winning so far.

Chang Style Novice
02-11-2003, 07:25 PM
If you believe in self-fulfilling prophecy, you probably don't want to name a dog after a god of wickedness.

Unless you consider that since dog is god backwards, you might end up with a dog of ssendeckiw.

Actually, I just remembered that my dad named his last two dogs after deities: Uzza and Allah. Allah you know of course. Uzza was the goddess mohammed worshipped before his revelation. Al (as he was called) was a bit of a miss. He was nervous, high strung, insecure, and generally only a medium good dog. Uzza was a very sweet, protective, friendly ***** who's only bad traits were overprotectiveness of the house and being impatient with children. So, they pretty much epitomized the opposite characters of their namesakes.

You'll probably be okay with Loki. But you could go all Wagnerian and use the spelling Loge.

TaoBoy
02-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
If you believe in self-fulfilling prophecy, you probably don't want to name a dog after a god of wickedness.

Unless you consider that since dog is god backwards, you might end up with a dog of ssendeckiw.

You'll probably be okay with Loki. But you could go all Wagnerian and use the spelling Loge.

Yeah - I am a little concerned about that. The first details I read about Loki were that he was the God of Fire and mischief. The more I read - he was the God of Evil. Not a great idea.

I'd like a list of cool names that I can fit to the dog.

The search continues

Xebsball
02-12-2003, 05:21 AM
you can always ask GDA for dog names too :D

eulerfan
02-12-2003, 11:35 AM
'Mortis', the death dog.

GeneChing
02-12-2003, 11:40 AM
I make 'em with both mayo and butter, the kind fatty way. Sounds like NP understands. Organic cheese, butter & mayo on SF sourdough. Now I'm getting hungry.

SevenStar
02-12-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
Xebs is an attention *****!!

Marvel Comics names is a good idea. I've been lookin at X-Men names too. I want something obscure yet very cool.

Loki is winning so far.

Havoc. Not obscure, but cool nontheless. Gambit, maybe?

GeneChing
02-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Happy belated B-day Euler. If I wasn't in Vegas now on assignment, I would have been more timely with my good wishes. What did you get for your b-day?

So I had this blt here in Vegas yesterday and my lord, it was fat with bacon. Fatter then any bacon sandwich I've ever eaten. I swear it was like an inch think of solid bacon strips. I feel the cholesterol sticking in my arteries.

Vegas morning fact coutresy of my host for this trip, russbo - did you know there are over 10,000 registered strippers here?

Xebsball
02-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Aha, how about mixing names of martial art related things?
You can come up with the awesomest names for a dog.

Xebsball
02-12-2003, 11:57 AM
wasnt it russbo that wrote that article on how getting... ahem... cough! *hookers* cough! in china, around the shaolin area? :D

@PLUGO
02-12-2003, 12:32 PM
My dog's Name is Petra...

Originally a very Loose translation of "female dog" in spanish...
Since then I've found out there's a Christian Rock Band of the same name...

it also means ROCK (which is Appropiate as she's both steady and stuborn :))

and a city in the middle east... where the end of Indianna Jones & the last Crusade was filmed.

Zigge Zags: earned his name because as a puppy he would never go anywhere directly. Petra would come to nurse the pups and while all the other pups went straight for teets... Ziggee would wander off in th opposite direction end up climbing over petra's back and slide down towards her belly just as the other pups where finished. He would then have 6 teets to himself... so there must have been some logic.

Years later he still has trouble walking in a straight line... So take that as you will.

Loki sounds popular, though other's may think you're calling him LUCKY...

How about FENRIS...
He was the Giant wolf that Loki fathered and will eat the sun & Moon durring the twilight of the gods.

Bori... Greek god of the wind and also something in Norse Myths...

CEREBRUS... 3 headed dog who guards the gates of Hades

ROMULUS & REMUS where the founders of Rome and raised by Wolves.

EREBUS... The Greek God of the Pirmordial Darkness before creation

X-men...?

XORN... cool new X-man with a Star for a head.

BEAST... well you know.

WOLVIE...

HAVOK's a cool name but imaging what he might do to your home with a name like THAT!!! :eek:

Villains...

PROTEUS: mutant who could warp reality... PRO for short?

TOAD....just kidding

QUICKSILVER, though you dog's black eh?

MIMIC... other oldschool villian.

PYRO...

THANOS... not an X-man villain but also means death.

Well how about GALACTUS???

or MODUK???

I've always wanted to name a dog BLOODFANG myself...

someone else's dog of couse...:p

Xebsball
02-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Galactus, reminds me of the Silver Surfer of course, his real name was Norin Radd. His planet was Zenn-la i think.
Those could be good names i think, but i should stop, i already came up with too many :D

M_ArtsMargie
02-12-2003, 01:09 PM
The best.....Grilled cheese sandwhiches, dipped in Ranch and Hot Sauce.:D

@PLUGO
02-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Norin Radd... would be awesome...

you could then call him RADD... for short.

eulerfan
02-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Happy belated B-day Euler. If I wasn't in Vegas now on assignment, I would have been more timely with my good wishes. What did you get for your b-day?

So I had this blt here in Vegas yesterday and my lord, it was fat with bacon. Fatter then any bacon sandwich I've ever eaten. I swear it was like an inch think of solid bacon strips. I feel the cholesterol sticking in my arteries.

Vegas morning fact coutresy of my host for this trip, russbo - did you know there are over 10,000 registered strippers here?

I spent the day with my beau. So, I have only recieved his presents. He gave me peach bocy lotion. I have this thing about perfume. I hate it. I like to smell like fruit. He gave me a biography of George Harrison. He gave me massage lotion and the promise of many massages. We went to dinner and then saw some live improv jazz. Then we lay in bed and haltingly shared our growing affection.

10,000 registered strippers, huh? This brings some questions to mind.

What the hell is an unregistered stripper? Is she stripping illegally? With whom do you register? Do you have to take a class on stripping safety in order to get your registration?

FatherDog
02-12-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Design Sifu
Bori... Greek god of the wind and also something in Norse Myths...

In the Norse creation myth, described in the Prose Edda, the meeting of the fire and heat from Musphelheim and the cold and ice from Niflheim produced, in the great void between them, Ymir, the father of the frost giants. When he laid down to sleep, frost giants were born from his sweat.

Thawing frost in the great void then formed the great cow, Audhumla, who nourished Ymir with her milk.

Audhumla wandered while Ymir slept, licking the salty blocks of ice in the void before the world. One day, she licked free a shock of blonde hair. She kept licking at this block, until finally a man was revealed: Bori, father of Odin, Grandfather of the Gods.

CEREBRUS... 3 headed dog who guards the gates of Hades

Cerberus, actually. Or, properly, Kerberos. Who actually had 4 heads, in classic myth; three dog heads springing from one neck, and the head of a serpent that served as his tail.

Chang Style Novice
02-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Then there's Cerebus, Earth-pig of estarcion and alter ego of comics genius but generally loonie misogynist Dave Sim.

You could name him after your favorite just about anything. Not just comic book character

Song: "Sit, Porkpie!"
Band: "Good Motorhead!"
Writer: "C'mere Vonnegut"
Sport: "Who's a cute little Tennis?"
Team: "Bad Knick!"
Sound: "Bring it, Splashes!"
Dance: "Don't beg, Frug"
Motion: "Fetch, Wiggles"
Computer Program: "Eat your dinner, Kazaa"
Article of Clothing: "Stetson"
Weapon: "Hook"
Tool: "Clamp"
Color: "Verde"
Food: "Sweet Potato"
Flower: "Snapdragon"
Drink: "Lemonade"
City: "Tuscaloosa"
Car: " 'Vette"
etc.

Try making this list for yourself, I bet you come up with some interesting ideas (the above list does not reflect my actual favorites.)

TaoBoy
02-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Why thank you my esteemed internet colleagues.

Who would have thought you knew so much about such irrelevant material. Aaah, such is the life of a person with far too much internet time.

Peace.

TaoBoy
02-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
Aha, how about mixing names of martial art related things?
You can come up with the awesomest names for a dog.

GYMKATA....now that is some funny sh!t.

TaoBoy
02-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Cycling through my CD collection now:

Starla
Lily
Sandoz
Binky
Luna
Polly

...and there's still another 150+ CDs to go...

rubthebuddha
02-13-2003, 01:20 AM
perhaps thinking of your favorite childhood toy. if there were multiples of that toy, think of your favu one.

for me, i loved g.i. joe, and my favu was snakeyes.

of course, a dog named cobra commander would be supersweet.

eulerfan
02-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Cycling through my CD collection now:

Starla
Lily
Sandoz
Binky
Luna
Polly

...and there's still another 150+ CDs to go...

Mmmmmmm. Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana. And you're a Radiohead fan, too, aren't you? Let me shake your hand...:)

Hai_To
02-13-2003, 08:39 AM
I've never had a grilled cheese sandwich. It was never an option in my family growing up.

M_ArtsMargie
02-13-2003, 12:05 PM
Hai_To***I think you better make yourself one. MMMM especially if you like the cheese.

@PLUGO
02-13-2003, 02:04 PM
Just picked up the new MASSIVE ATTACK CD... it's been 5 years since their last one...

BAD @ss!!! with vocals by Sinade O'coner!!!

SevenStar
02-13-2003, 08:38 PM
name him lion-o. or maybe Hakkenden.

yenhoi
02-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies.

They Might Be Giants

The Wailers ( & Bob Marley )

Jah! Its Febuary!

:confused:
:eek:
:confused:

Chang Style Novice
02-13-2003, 09:40 PM
how to get in trouble naming your dog after favorite songs:

Terrordome
Powderfinger
Lapdance
Spottie-ottie-dopalicious
Payback
Teenage Riot
and of course
Atomic

TaoBoy
02-13-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan

Mmmmmmm. Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana. And you're a Radiohead fan, too, aren't you? Let me shake your hand...:)

But where did I get Binky?
Can you name the song, album and artist?

I'm really liking Ruby the moment....yep another SP song - Through the Eyes of Ruby.

eulerfan
02-14-2003, 08:00 AM

But where did I get Binky?
Can you name the song, album and artist?

I'm really liking Ruby the moment....yep another SP song - Through the Eyes of Ruby.

I have no idea where Binky came from. However, if you tell me, and it turns out that I'm not being dense and actually don't have the album, I'll probably buy it. I do like your taste in music.

Kymus
02-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Stacey
she can sink her ninja claws into my back anyday. I can play hide the rubber hooded ninja with her...sorry I have kunoichi fever. I have a thing for girls with a well developed animus.

her and Michiko Nishiwaki, man, they can fight me any day, and I tell ya what, they can win as far as I'm concerned!

M_ArtsMargie
02-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Isn't Binky the character from "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back?" Excellent movie by the way. Hilarious, yet disgusting, but very much enjoyed.

GeneChing
02-14-2003, 10:51 AM
Apparently everyone that works in Vegas must register their vocation and be catagorized. It's one way that they are trying to chart the ridiculous growth, the cancerous growth, of that city. So if you're going to strip on the strip, you gotta register with the man.

Names for dogs - I get my daughter to name all our beasts. We have a rescued lab rabbit that she named Alice (it's white.) We were trying to tame this black & white feral cat - she named it Figaro after Pinnochio - but I released it last night because it started to protest the taming by defecating in secret places. Now you know what I'll be doing for the weekend.

Going to work the Dead at the Warfield tonight. The Dead, not the Other Ones. Can't wait.

By the way, have you all seen this? (http://www.dubtitled.com/)

Liokault
02-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Binky=deaths horse from the Terry Pratchett books right?

M_ArtsMargie
02-14-2003, 03:41 PM
got qi***check this out (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/a1.html) :D

Chang Style Novice
02-14-2003, 03:52 PM
Binky is also the neurotic rabbit from Matt Groening's Life in Hell strip. His girlfriend is Sheba. Their illegitimate son is Bongo and only has one ear.

Xebsball
02-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Mine is plain. Just bread + ham :cool:

rubthebuddha
02-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Liokault
Binky=deaths horse from the Terry Pratchett books right?
sounds about right. even bill door needs a ride sometimes. i think it was crowley's ride that was the best one, though. quite good gas mileage. :)

Xebsball
02-14-2003, 04:51 PM
I seen 2 movies that had Jay and Silent Bob, i dont remember the movies names, but they were funny :D

My communication skills on offline life and at real time are ones compared with of Silent Bob's, though i am (oh thank the lord †) somewhat better :D

M_ArtsMargie
02-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Movies***

Jay and Silent Bob strike back
Dogma
Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy

HAPPY VALENTINES TO EVERYONE BY THE WAY:D

@PLUGO
02-14-2003, 05:29 PM
The order one should see those movies is...

CLERKS
MALLRATS
CHASING AMY
DOGMA
JAY & SILENT BOB

Kevin (silent Bob)Smith makes a funny camio in DAREDEVIL as well.

M_ArtsMargie
02-14-2003, 05:50 PM
ooooo, isn't it ironic how Kevin(silent bob) is silent in all of his movies, but he is the one that actually wrote them. Wow:p

I don't know about DareDevil. Ben Affleck is not my fav actor. Sorry Ben

Souljah
02-14-2003, 05:57 PM
my god this thread is like a centerpead in barbados.....IT JUST WONT DIE!
nah, its aight though it has become ~one~ with the forum and where people can take out the trollish tendencies with no reprecussions.
:cool: :D

Chang Style Novice
02-15-2003, 06:41 AM
#1 - the order in which you should see Kevin Smiths movies is

Clerks
then maybe Dogma
then maybe maybe Chasing Amy
and then stop.

#2 - King of the Hill's first season on DVD!

just announced for release in June Check out the extra features!

Full Frame 1.33:1
English Dolby Surround, Spanish Dolby Surround, French Dolby Surround
Spanish dubbed, French dubbed, Spanish subtitled
Running Time: Disc 1 - 115 Min., Disc 2 - 92 Min., Disc 3 - 92 Min.

Disc 1:

Commentary: 4E01 Pilot, 4E03 The Order of the Straight Arrow
"Becoming King of the Hill" Featurette
Easter egg: Mowing Lesson with Charlie
Deleted scenes: 4E01 Pilot (2 scenes), 4WE02 Square Peg (4 scenes), 4E03 The Order of the Straight Arrow (5 scenes), 4E04 Luanne's Saga (3 scenes), 4E05 Hank's Got the Willies (3 Scenes)

Disc 2:

Commentary: 4E07 Hank's Unmentionable Problem, 4E06 Westie Side Story, 4E08 Shins of the Father
"Dale's Conspiracies": Global Warming, Sex Ed, Bob Dole, Stealth Helicopters, Things Just Disapear, Smoking, Stonehenge
"Meet the Hills": video, and stills: Hank, Peggy, Bobby, Luanne, Dale, Boomhauer, Bill, Cotton
Main Title w/alternate music themes (TBD)
"The Do's and Don'ts of KOTH"
Deleted scenes: 4E06 Westie Side Story (6 scenes), 4E07 Hank's Unmentionable Problem (5 scenes), 4E08 Shins of the Father (2 scenes), 4E10 Keeping Up With Our Joneses (10 scenes)

Disc 3:

Commentary: 4E11 Plastic White Female, 4E13 King of the Ant Hill, 4E12 The Company Man
12 Season 1 Promos, 1 network promo
Barnaked Ladies music video
Thank You from Production
Deleted Scenes: 4E09 Peggy the Boggle champ (11 scenes), 4E11 Plastic White Female (4 scenes), 4E12 The Company Man (4 scenes and alternate ending), 4E13 King of the ant Hill (5 scenes)

Note that there is a Spanish language track. What in heck will Peggy sound like? On a future edition I'd like an extra feature to be the unaired live action pilot of KotH's live action spinoff "Monsignor Martinez"

Vaya - con dios!

Xebsball
02-15-2003, 11:28 AM
I seen Dogma, still cant remember the other one's name.

Now, straight outa north (cold) up in Finland:
(its like my weekends soundtrack)

"My Kantele"
by Amorphis

Truly they lie, they talk utter nonsense
Who say that music reckon that the kantele
Was fashioned by a god
Out of a great pike's shoulders
From a water-dog's hooked bones:
It was made from the grief
Moulded from sorrow

Its belly out of hard days
Its soundboard from endless woes
Its strings gathered from torments
And its pegs from other ills

So it will not play, will not rejoice at all
Music will not play to please
Give off the right sort of joy
For it was fashioned from cares
Moulded from sorrow.

SevenStar
02-15-2003, 02:29 PM
I didn't know he had anything to do with "King of the Hill"

Who does he play?

Chang Style Novice
02-15-2003, 03:20 PM
Seven star - who do you mean? Kevin Smith? Cause if so, I don't think he does. The only connection I'm aware of is that I mentioned both in the same post. I wouldn't be shocked if at some point he has a cameo, though.

SevenStar
02-15-2003, 03:32 PM
my bad - I thought you put them in the same post beacues he had a role in "King of the Hill" also.

Chang Style Novice
02-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Meh - unclear writing on my part didn't help none.

Some folks who have been on King of the Hill:

Bobcat Goldthwait, Tammy Wynette, Kid Rock, Willie Nelson, Howie Long, Ani DiFranco, Drew Carey, Burt Reynolds, James Carville, Ann Richards, Troy Aikman, Don Meredith, Chris Rock, Orlando Jones, No Doubt, Green Day, Brendan Fraser, Pamela Anderson, Bill Macy, Erik Estrada, Dwight Yoakum, Billy Bob Thornton, Matthew McConneghey, Seiko Matsuda, Paulie Shore, John Ritter, Phyllis Diller, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Mary Tyler Moore, Meryl Streep, Kathleen Turner, Reese Witherspoon, Andy Dick, Snoop Dogg, Lisa Kudrow, Renee Zewelleger, Ryan Phillippe, Owen Wilson, Jeff Goldblum, Michael Keaton, Kathy Bates, Alan Rickman, Mila Jovovich, Eliza Dushku, Michael Clarke Duncan, Lucy Liu, Tom Arnold, Betty White and of course Chuck Mangione. (partial list - thanks, IMDB!)

So as you can see, just about anyone would fit in, including Kevin Smith. In fact, now that I think about it, I think he's been on every episode voicing the role of "Silent Bob" in the background.

:p

Braden
02-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Everybody's talkin' bout the stormy weather!
Well what's a man to do but figure out whether it's true?
Lookin' for a man with a focus and a temper
Who can open up a map and see between one and two!

Souljah
02-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Man, Braden.....your chatup lyrics are the best!

:D :D :p :p :D :D

FatherDog
02-16-2003, 11:28 AM
Amusingly, I've bought comics from Jay And Silent Bob's Secret Stash.

Living in Jersey rules.

TaoBoy
02-16-2003, 03:47 PM

I have no idea where Binky came from. However, if you tell me, and it turns out that I'm not being dense and actually don't have the album, I'll probably buy it. I do like your taste in music.

Song: Binky the Doormat
Album: New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Artist: R.E.M.

It's not a bad album. I don't play it all that often but when I put it on I always enjoy it.

Some of my favourite albums are:

Lateralus - Tool
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins
Ten - Pearl Jam
Superunknown - Soundgarden
Grace - Jeff Buckley
Three - John Butler Trio
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine

;)

GeneChing
02-17-2003, 09:58 AM
HT - You've never had a grilled cheese sandwich? You're missing out.

MAM - You'd eat just about anything with ranch dressing and hot sauce, wouldn't ya girl? Hmmm, that opens some interesting possibilities.... I'm going to stock up on that stuff for you. ;)

GeneChing
02-17-2003, 10:52 AM
...you'd be into Ben Affleck...
...if we covered him in hot sauce and ranch dressing.:p

Braden
02-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Oh... favorite albums!

Aenima - Tool
Lateralus - Tool
Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins
The Shape of Punk to Come - Refused
Only Everything - Juliana Hatfield
Glazed - Mystery Machine
Bible of Dreams - Juno Reactor
The Lone Deranger - Hallucinogen
You'd Prefer an Astronaut - Hum
I Have Much to Report - Sully
Love Tara - Eric's Trip
Shiver - Rose Chronicles
Live in New York - Portishead
Mezzanine - Massive Attack
Breath from Another - Esthero
Pinkerton - Weezer
Teaser - The Weekend

yenhoi
02-17-2003, 03:37 PM
rage against the machine

green day

have I ever mentioned bob marley?

it is febuary ;)

TaoBoy
02-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Currently listening to Ben Harper - Burn To Shine.

eulerfan
02-17-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm familiar with everything but John Butler Trio. Have to check that out.

My current cd is Mezcal Head by Swervedriver.

FatherDog
02-17-2003, 05:24 PM
I'm currently listening to some Philip Glass stuff.

My car currently contains Tool, Rob Zombie, KMFDM, Aqua, Flogging Molly, and the Pogues.

Braden
02-17-2003, 05:27 PM
Oh... Swervedriver is great! I saw them in concert with Hum once.

Duel and Feel So Real are really great songs...

TaoBoy
02-17-2003, 05:29 PM
I'm familiar with everything but John Butler Trio. Have to check that out.

My current cd is Mezcal Head by Swervedriver.

John Butler Trio is a group from Western Australia. JB is originally from the USA but is now an Aussie citizen. I don't know if his stuff is readily available O/S as he is fiercely independent.

Check out www.johnbutlertrio.com.

I don't know Swervedriver.

Chang Style Novice
02-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Currently coming out the computer - "Party Music" by the Coup.

I don't have a car, but my combination discman/cd tote has

"Yo, Miles!" by Henry Kaiser and Wadada Leo Smith (a tribute to Miles Davis' electric funk fusion period)
Arnold Schoenberg's string quartets 3 and 4
"Dead Ringers" RJD2
"Only In Darkness" Dungeon Family
a homemade disc called "Mixola" (hiphop selections from the last couple years made for friends and I kept a copy for myself)
"Original King Key Dub" King Tubby
"Polytown" David Torn, MIck Karn and Terry Bozzio

TaoBoy
02-17-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey Braden thanks for those MP3s. I wasn't amazed by Swervedriver although the tracks were okay. Maybe I need to hear more of their stuff to get a better appreciation.

Now, listening to Tool - Lateralus.

Gonna look at some tan Staffordshire BTs on the weekend.

Braden
02-17-2003, 08:45 PM
Yeah, they're not among my favorites, I just like them. It's kind of chill-out rock for me...

IMHO, they don't even compare to Lateralus, which is sheer genius; perhaps the best album ever made.

TaoBoy
02-17-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Braden
Lateralus ... sheer genius; perhaps the best album ever made.

Wow! Big call.

When I think of my five all time favourite albums, I think:

1. Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins
2. OK Computer - Radiohead
3. Lateralus - Tool
4. Grace - Jeff Buckley
5. Nevermind - Nirvana

Xebsball
02-17-2003, 09:42 PM
we talking about art, best and worst are so relative
i would be betraying my principles if i came up with a
bestest of all most best music albums of the world
of all times.

favourite would be ok, though that could change
many times during the year.

TaoBoy
02-17-2003, 09:48 PM
So give us your top five as of right now.

Top five movies.
Top five albums.
Top five women.

Go on - I dares ya!

Xebsball
02-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Aight man

Movies:
Matrix
Cidade de Deus
Fight Club
American Beauty
Snatch (just cos i seen it the other day)

Xebsball
02-17-2003, 10:01 PM
Albums:
bah im tired for all this brain work it takes
Lateralus i liked much but dont listen to it now,
my brain fully absorved it already, as usual.

Wimmins:
What kinda list you want, based on full generic perspective of each of this fine female human beings or something more speciffic?
I'm not sure if they would like to be categorised in such way.
Analogly, i dont exactly like the idea of some girl putting me on a list comparing me to other men... i think

TaoBoy
02-17-2003, 10:09 PM
Aw c'mon - I'm just trying to keep the thread alive.

Xebsball
02-17-2003, 10:27 PM
i shall give you somethign then:

top 5 Most visited sites by me, not in any speciffic other (just cos i dont know for sure)
http://www.terra.com.br
http://www.hotmail.com
http://www.fu-ragz.com
http://www.kungfumagazine.com
http://www.mma.tv

SevenStar
02-17-2003, 11:34 PM
wha? a cma guy on mma.tv? Ingrate. :p :D

yenhoi
02-17-2003, 11:40 PM
amen brother man.

FatherDog
02-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Incidentally, the best chill-out album ever is "Chill Out", by the KLF.

You're right, though; Lateralus is a work of genius.

Braden
02-18-2003, 03:10 AM
Albums:

Aenima - Tool
Lateralus - Tool
Shape of Punk to Come - Refused
Bible of Dreams - Juno Reactor
Lone Deranger - Hallucinogen

Women:

Gillian Anderson
Winona Ryder
Helena Bonham Carter
Chandra North
Audrey Tautou

Movies:

Momento
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Amelie
Rosenkrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Way of the Gun

Movies were really hard choices...

stoneage
02-18-2003, 06:03 AM
hey xebsball, you have really sh!t taste in most things dont ya? movies? pah! go home!

@PLUGO
02-18-2003, 10:26 AM
The best Chill Out album lately is...

TOSKA: Suzuki in Dub.

DJ KRUSH busted out a phat chill out album with a Famous (though I forgot his name) Japanese Jazz Trumpet player... very chill, they even covered BoB Marley's "SUN is SHINING"

C H I L L L L l l : .

eulerfan
02-18-2003, 10:30 AM
Mmmmm. Movies, the current list.

Bottle Rocket
Donnie Darko
Welcome to the Doll House
The Wall
Full Metal Jacket

Xebsball
02-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Sevenstar :D
"Know yourself and know your enemy, and in a hundred battles you shall never be in peril" :D

Mr. 2 posts
Who are you, some Xebby-hater?
You dont even know me
Or maybe you just want my body :p
I hope you and your family have a horrible death :D

M_ArtsMargie
02-18-2003, 11:37 AM
What is going on? Hello everyone.
Just chillin like a villan.

Any body watch that new Chapelle show. Hilarious

M_ArtsMargie
02-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Gene***What can I say. I love spicey stuff. with a little flavor. EXCELLENT.

You would be suprised on some of the stuff I do with my food

Chang Style Novice
02-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Speaking of Movies, I saw the restored Seven Samurai two nights ago. I'd never seen it on a real movie screen before, and it looked fan-fookin'-tastic! It was also about an hour longer than I remembered, and all the extra footage made it a better, more exciting, well rounded picture. It was already one of my favorites, too. Now it's like a superduper favorite. One thing surprised me: I thought it was panned and scanned on video, but it actually was filmed at the 1:1.37 aspect ratio, just slightly wider than a tv screen (which is 1:1.33, in case you're wondering) so there really never was a need to 'letterbox' it for dvd or vhs. Just goes to show.

Anyway, it's the best martial arts movie ever, so when and if it comes to your town...

SEE THE RESTORED SEVEN SAMURAI!

Most of my favorites are old film noir pictures, and movies that resemble them, though.

Chinatown, Night of the Hunter, The Big Lebowski, The Third Man, M, Out of the Past, Farewell My Lovely, stuff like that.

Hai_To
02-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Um...this is a family forum Margie.

eulerfan
02-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Mr. 2 posts
Who are you, some Xebby-hater?
You dont even know me
Or maybe you just want my body :p
I hope you and your family have a horrible death :D

Really! That was just weird. :confused:

Smacks of *history*(wink wink nudge nudge).

norther practitioner
02-18-2003, 01:20 PM
OK margie, I tried it, liked it too. I'm not too fond of the ranch the whole time though (got to be a bit much), stopped using it about mid sammich. the hot sauce was key though.

Xebsball
02-18-2003, 01:23 PM
Mustard is good, i like mustard

Xebsball
02-18-2003, 01:34 PM
Remember once i had a nightmare that friends had died, they are all ok :cool: though it seems they having problems with calculus at uni :D
Spoke to one of em last night, maybe i will live with him this year.

eulerfan
that was for stoneage, i dunno who he is, but he doesnt like me (or the movies).

CSN
i always heard that movie was awesome, but i never found it, maybe i should buy once i get a dvd player.

Margie
You my inspiring muse :)

GeneChing
02-18-2003, 02:39 PM
...use a bit of mustard.

Now we'll be able to tell the Margie fans. Those are the ones who keep ranch and hot sauce ready for action.

GeneChing
02-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Is this a new Seven Samurai restoration? I know they restored it a few years back and redid all the subtitling. I love that movie - one of my all time favorites - and catch it everytime I can on the big screen.

It's hard for me to list my top 5 of anything. So much in flux it's hard for me to pin down.

TaoBoy
02-18-2003, 03:16 PM
As far as chillout albums go - I'm a little partial to Cafe Del Mar Volume Seven. There's even a good Bush song on it. :eek:

I recently heard that the last installment of the LOTR trilogy will run for FOUR HOURS!!! Excellent!

eulerfan
02-18-2003, 03:27 PM
eulerfan
that was for stoneage, i dunno who he is, but he doesnt like me (or the movies).

I know. I meant that his little attack was weird and smacked of history.

TaoBoy
02-18-2003, 03:39 PM

I know. I meant that his little attack was weird and smacked of history.

Did you say smack? (As in spank?)

Aw, c'mon - there has been far too little smut lately. ;)

@PLUGO
02-18-2003, 04:08 PM
Aw, c'mon - there has been far too little smut lately.

you asked for it! (http://www.dongettyphoto.com/alaska/images/New/Brown-Bears-Mating.jpg)

Chang Style Novice
02-18-2003, 04:12 PM
Xeb - not that there's anything wrong with DVD (although I think the current Criterion DVD is diffferent ; ie shorter, than the one I saw last night) but you really cannot get the full impact of Seven Samurai on a TV screen. If at all possible, see it in a cinema. You won't be sorry.

Gene, the restored version I saw is 3 hrs. 27 minutes long, and I'm retty sure that's about a half hour more than I'd ever seen on video before. I don't know when the most recent restoration was, but this one is a sight better looking than any one I've seen in the past. The subtitles were a lot clearer, too, so maybe it is the version you've seen up there in the hoity toity metropolis years ago, and it's just now making it to the sticks. In any case, it sure knocked my socks off all over again. I guess you probably figured that out already though.

Actually, I think my favorite Kurosawa is still "High and Low." It fits in better with the film noir style I mentioned before.

TaoBoy
02-18-2003, 09:28 PM
What do you look for in a good martial arts website?

[I am currently developing a site for my BJJ school.]

TaoBoy
02-18-2003, 09:29 PM
Do you guys know who Megan Gale (http://www.meganworld.net) is?

GeneChing
02-19-2003, 10:29 AM
p - I guess that's the appeal of a bear shag rug

csn - Sounds like it may be the same restoration. I'll have to look into it. I may not be able to list my top five movies, but Seven Samurai is definately one of them.
I love all the Kurasawa films. High and Low is a solid work, but I'm more partial to the Samurai stuff. Although of his non-samurai movies, I love Dodeskaden (his first color) and Dersu Uzala.

tb - Isn't Megan that got qi girl we rejected? Yeah, I wish.;)

norther practitioner
02-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Come on Gene, you mean to tell me you don't always have a bottle of tobasco ready for "whatever circumstance."

M_ArtsMargie
02-19-2003, 05:02 PM
TAPATIO:D

M_ArtsMargie
02-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Gene*** I think my brother is avoiding me. I think he is scared. Ever since this "gi string" issue a couple years ago. He was supposed to be an extra in Robbin Williams' film "What dreams may come"....he has been freaked ever since. I told him we don't don't model those. These (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/mengroinprot.html) maybe:p

M_ArtsMargie
02-19-2003, 05:11 PM
for MEN that is:p

Xebsball
02-19-2003, 06:03 PM
Wich one of you peeps painted?

I can draw, artistic tight mad sharp slick skills - if any wants it in higher resolution to use as a wallpaper just ask me :D

Xebsball
02-19-2003, 06:04 PM
i could swear i read that "whatever circumcision"

Xebsball
02-19-2003, 06:06 PM
:o my parents said its cute

dezhen2001
02-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Xebs... u got skilllz B :D
heres some of my graphic design, but its not as expressive as yours :p

dawood

Xebsball
02-19-2003, 10:45 PM
thnx :)

i thought most peeps would find infatile.
maybe i should name it or something.

norther practitioner
02-20-2003, 09:04 AM
Maybe you should try reading it again :D

Margie:
TAPATIO
???:confused:

GeneChing
02-20-2003, 10:01 AM
First of all, circumcision and hot sauce should not be in the same sentence... ever. OK, well, maybe in the one that I just wrote, but otherwise no.

I used to be really into hot sauce, but then I had a kid and we started eating mild foods. In the process I lost my tolerance - or maybe my scar tissue. Also I started working here. Our warehouse is run by Mexicans and half our company is Korean (then ther'e Margie, of course.) These people put away the peppers. I remember leaving a bag of fresh peppers from my garden in the lunch room and it was gone in a day.

However, given Margie's disclosure, I've been keeping some hot sauce in my drawer, just in case. Can't figure out how to keep the ranch dressing yet....

GeneChing
02-20-2003, 10:11 AM
That's cool. We have a full slate today and it turns out I have to leave the office early so it's better that we don't do him now. Besides we already got the most attractive of the grover siblings.;)

The g-string story sound like a good one. You'll have to share it sometime.

@PLUGO
02-20-2003, 10:59 AM
dezhen, that was a nice piece...

here's one of mine...

@PLUGO
02-20-2003, 11:00 AM
and as for drawing...

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 11:28 AM
cool DS :) i still have to finish my degree though hehe, im more in to flash these days.

dawood

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Silly me asked a serious question and then mentioned Megan Gale (wipes drool from lip) and then wonders why no-one replied to the serious question.

So, think about Megan for a little while.

Now, answer this - what do you look for in a MA website?

Golden Arms
02-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Not to be OT but:

GeneChing or MAMargie...Is there going to be another Lei Tai Tournament in the Bay Area like the Lily Lau one I went to 2 years ago, this year? Anyone know? Thx

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 04:15 PM
the Megan site - had some annoying music so i barely looked at it and closed it right away

MA sites should have - Pictures and Videos sampling part of the classes. Showing some training, some sparring, maybe a few forms. Should also have basic stuff you know, scheadule of classes, phone number...

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 05:10 PM
the Megan site - had some annoying music so i barely looked at it and closed it right away

Turn sound off.
Admire beauty!

MA sites should have - Pictures and Videos sampling part of the classes. Showing some training, some sparring, maybe a few forms. Should also have basic stuff you know, scheadule of classes, phone number...

Thanks for the input.

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 05:32 PM
I remember at very young age, visiting some of my parents friends house i picked up some pepper (think it was malageta?) straight from the plant (had no idea what i was doing) and chewed it "deliciously". I ran to the bathroom screaming.

norther practitioner
02-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Making dinner one night down in New Mexico, first dish to be prepared....green chile. Cut up all the green chilis, squash, and whatever else we put in there. Then time to make the main dish, a conglomerate of veggies on white rice, including bell peppers, this is like 8 things cut later, prob. like 25 minutes or so has passed, I ate one of the slices of bell pepper, my lips were chapped at the time, and walla, I had these shinana lips from hell. My mouth burned until the next day.

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 05:39 PM
I seen Vanilla Sky today, was cool

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 05:43 PM
I seen Vanilla Sky today, was cool

What do people see in Penelope Cruz?

:rolleyes:

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 05:50 PM
I think its the mouth maybe?

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 05:53 PM
She's wrong.

Where is she from anyway?

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 06:06 PM
I dont think shes wrong dude

She from Spain.

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 06:34 PM
i dont see it either :confused:

dawood

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 06:54 PM
She's wrong.
And you're wrong if you don't think she's wrong.

;)

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 07:07 PM
You design types with your slick typefaces, and perfectly clean lines, and all that stuff...what a bunch of SELLOUTS!

(puts on beret and begins stroking goatee and pencil thin moustache)

Real art is all about emotion, and expressing your inner self, and exploring deep abiding truths and

(passes out from cheap red wine and turpentine fumes, drops half-smoked joint onto oily rag, sets fire to windy, unheated garrett which spreads to the entire apartment building, killing 25 and leaving more than 100 homeless.)

Anyway, here's the lower part of a diptych I have on display at the UT PAC right now. I'll put the upper half in the next post. This work was inspired by my tai chi practice!

Oops, it's too big. Too bad for you!

TaoBoy
02-20-2003, 07:28 PM
You're not supposed to inhale CSN!

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Dude, Pamela Anderson is wrong

eulerfan
02-20-2003, 08:18 PM
I think she's cute. Penelope. Not Pamela. I like the way she talks. It makes more sense to me that SHE would be with Tom Cruise. Nicole Kidman always seemed like she could do better.

Seems like such a bright woman. Nicole. Not Penelope.

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 08:21 PM
CSN: i know that was just playing but i also do some expressive stuff - not showing any though :p

I also hate those artsy types who are literally like you said... i can use line, layering, composition, texture and all those other things in my design just like u guys can with friggin paint :mad:

dawood

joedoe
02-20-2003, 08:26 PM
I think she's cute. Penelope. Not Pamela. I like the way she talks. It makes more sense to me that SHE would be with Tom Cruise. Nicole Kidman always seemed like she could do better.

Seems like such a bright woman. Nicole. Not Penelope.

Nicole is so hot, and I really admire the dignity that she has maintained throughout the split with Tom Cruise. A friend of a friend spent NYE with her and said she was a lovely person.

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm glad you know I was just playing, Dawood. I actually admire GDs a helluvalot. It's a completely different kind of skill, and one I haven't ever tried hard at developing. Here at UT, the GD program is a lot more labor intensive than the studio art program, and I think that's pretty typical, since design places a premium on clarity and directness of communication (to say nothing of being very competitive in terms of using the very latest in technology and tools.) And in fact, one of my favorite artists is at least as well known for his graphic design as anything else he's done. Design Sifu and I have talked about him at some length in the Comic Book thread down there in the "Other Media" forums. His name is Chris Ware and he's several kinds of stone cold genius.

And yeah, the fuzzy headed tai chi hippies of the art world are mostly a bunch of useless bigmouthed wankers.

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 08:32 PM
I aint much into Nicole style. Cant comment on her personality cos i just dunno.
M-something Rouge, i couldnt stand watching it for more than 1 minute. I liked that "Eyes wide shut", think thats what it was called.

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 08:33 PM
yeah i know what u mean - but i guess it depends what youre doing... i mean if its for business then u need to be clear and conscise (and know your target audience), but if its experimental or expressive it can be just as screwed up - just using a different medium :D

i always say that designers are like artists, but we can make money :p

dawood

eulerfan
02-20-2003, 08:34 PM
Ya'll ever see that episode of Mr. Show with the one skit about the guy who carries around a portable phonograph, it's all he'll listen to because it's the most pure?

I think they're making fun of people who say records are better than cds but it's the same mentality. Anything new and technological can't possibly be artistic.:rolleyes:

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 08:38 PM
Oops - I guess my prejudices were showing through there. I tend to think of design as sort of commercial by definition, even though I know intellectually that isn't true.

Eulerfan - I've never seen Mr. Show, but that sounds hilarious and insightful. Guess I better borrow my buddy's dvd collection (DVD?!!? Screw that! Betamax!)

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 08:38 PM
it depends on your mind... not the tool you use :) i know so many people who are great at painting and illustration, photography, using a computer etc. yet cant think themselves out of a wet paper bag.

whereas me - im just lazy :(

dawood

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 08:42 PM
CSN: nah its just what youve experienced... if you havent done design then thats what you see :) like for example... if i look at a painting by piet mondrian or piet zwart or someone (some of my fav. artists btw) made up of geometric shapes and pure colours then i may just think its easy and not even try to understand it.

Or i can lok at it and try to understand the relationship between colours, line, thickness, composition etc. Also i can try to see what it weas abstracted from.

:)

dawood

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 08:42 PM
The artist and his method are non importantes.
The art is important.

eulerfan
02-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Eulerfan - I've never seen Mr. Show, but that sounds hilarious and insightful. Guess I better borrow my buddy's dvd collection (DVD?!!? Screw that! Betamax!)

Funniest skit show since Monty Python, IMHO.

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Dawood -

Heh - I totally feel you on Mondrian and Zwart. Ever check out Alfred Jensen (http://www.alfredjensen.com)? I was just telling thomason earlier today that he's a big source of inspiration for me right now.

Xeb -

that's true. But the art cannot exist without the artist and his tools. Except for conceptual art. But that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Eulerfan - that's a lofty recommendation indeed. I've enjoyed Dave Chapelle's show some. It's uneven, though. Some skits are brilliant, some just plain fellate. There was one last night about passengers on an airliner and how much they distrusted each other that knocked me flat. It was as good as any comedy I've ever seen. The rest of the show ranged from pretty funny to worthless, however.

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 08:54 PM
you also need a viewer or there is no art... depending on if your art is personal or based oninteraction of course.

this si the kinda design i like here (http://www.d.umn.edu/~jkmetz/GDH/03-22-01_4.html). what do u think of that? (looking past the type as type but as image)

dawood

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 08:56 PM
oops - not such good examples of their work - i just did a quick search on google :D

dawood

eulerfan
02-20-2003, 08:58 PM
CSN- It's humor. What is hilarious to me might not be so funny to you. But one thing about them I love, and MP did it as well, is that they don't try to end their skits. They just get to the really funny part and then segue into another skit.

But give it a shot. I just think it was one of the funniest shows ever.

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 09:03 PM
Eulerfan -

I'll definitely try it. My man Hayden has the DVDs, as I mentioned, so it won't even cost me anything but time to check 'em out.

Besides, you and Hayden both have great taste. Except for your wierd infatuation with that nimrod Serpent.

eulerfan
02-20-2003, 09:08 PM
Said the man with the Serpent quote in his sig.;)

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 09:08 PM
sneeky getting an elbow jab in while hes away CSN :D

dawood

Chang Style Novice
02-20-2003, 09:11 PM
I am soooooo buuuuuusted!

Better change that sig, huh?

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 09:22 PM
LOL! :D

dawood

Xebsball
02-20-2003, 09:25 PM
This is kick ass if you understand spanish :D

"Jennifer del Estero"
by Illya Kuryaki and The Valderramas

Tengo mi funny pinga for your little chicha-chicha,
te voy a romper bobo si tu tocas mi minita,
ella viene del estero trayendo su perfume nuevo
tengo el vudú sureño, tengo el sendero de tus sueños.

Jennifer López
entró a mi casa,
abrió la heladera
puso su culo junto a la cereza,

la cual yo comeré
la próxima primavera,
yo creo en Dios
pero es ella quien cura mis penas.

dezhen2001
02-20-2003, 09:32 PM
any translation for us non espanol buddy? :p

dawood

GeneChing
02-21-2003, 09:16 AM
...it's the burn coming out :eek:

norther practitioner
02-21-2003, 09:35 AM
--------------------------- Level of info that Gene just divulged

-------------------------------------------Level of info that I really needed

GeneChing
02-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Well, since I haven't seen Vanilla Sky or these comedy shows you are speking of (and I've seen plenty of Design Sifu's art) I'll answer Golden Arms tournaments question about 3 pages back -
our calender (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php) is back online so check there.

M_ArtsMargie
02-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Any body like the ladies man? Leon.

jun_erh
02-21-2003, 05:01 PM
All you got chi girls should come to my house. I'll give you some chi

jun_erh
02-21-2003, 05:08 PM
chang style- Did you ever read "Jackson Pollock: an American saga". and JEFF KOONS

M_ArtsMargie
02-21-2003, 05:18 PM
I feel the same Gene

M_ArtsMargie
02-21-2003, 05:55 PM
It's not chi chi right?

but qi?

rubthebuddha
02-21-2003, 06:00 PM
chi chis are very nice.

very nice indeed. :D

@PLUGO
02-21-2003, 06:08 PM
I thought Vanellia Sky was K R A P P ... on a disc... sorry to say cause I totally dug Almost Famous...anyone notice that many of Tom's recient Movies have featured his ruining his face? Think he's aspiring to King of POP status?

(passes out from cheap red wine and turpentine fumes, drops half-smoked joint onto oily rag, sets fire to windy, unheated garrett which spreads to the entire apartment building, killing 25 and leaving more than 100 homeless.)
now that was art!!!

CSN... I thought you were talking about me until you mentioned Chris Ware!?!?!?:eek: Shot Down . . .

I could go on and On about the difference between art & Design... I'll dig up an e-mail rant I sent to a friend on the topic... In the mean time.... here's some analogue art for ya...

dezhen2001
02-21-2003, 07:12 PM
would be interested to hear your email rant :p
i seen some graffitti when going to london on a trian that remind me of that image you posted... kina cool :cool:

dawood

Felipe Bido
02-21-2003, 09:00 PM
Whoa

SevenStar
02-22-2003, 12:11 AM
I thought vanilla sky was pretty cool. I've seen it several times. I do wish that they wouldn't have just given so much of it away though - it's almost like they assumed the viewers weren't smart enough to figure it out.

Chang Style Novice
02-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Design Sifu -

Is that a quilt? How large a piece is it? Funnily enough, my first serious attempt at abstraction (which is where I focus most of my energy these days) was an oil painting I described as "Improvised Mandala" although it lacks a lot of the real characteristics of traditional mandala. I'll try to attach it, but the file may be too big.

okay, after considerable reduction, I've got it down to the neccesary size. A lot of detail has been lost, though.

dezhen2001
02-22-2003, 03:29 PM
cool painting CSN... can see the bagua influence - except its hexagonal not octagonal :p this is making me wanna pick up my brush and acrylics again hehe maybe some day i will paint something and post it for all to see ;)

dawood

Chang Style Novice
02-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Acrylics!? Man, oils is where it's at!;)

The hexagonal shape is a result of my interest in honey-comb type grids, and related shapes like the star of david. There's also a pair of moebius strips in there, although I've blurred and obscured them to where they're almost unrecognizable.

What I was going for in that painting (and several others in the series that has followed it) is high-contrasts of different paint application approaches - meticulous vs. gestural, thin vs. thick, transparent vs. opaque, bare canvas vs. treated, etc. My latest trick is to paint on plywood and sand down to the bare grain/bore holes in the support with a drill and file/cut the board apart and arrange it so there are deliberate gaps between sections where you can see right through to the wall, and stuff like that. I haven't gotten anything completed of this stage, though, so you'll just have to wait.

Chang Style Novice
02-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Check out this ***** lying naked and spread eagle on the floor! (http://www.boxerworld.com/lila/play.jpg)

dezhen2001
02-23-2003, 12:11 PM
coolness... i think i saw the mobius strip? when i used to paint more i used to do the standard lanscape idea etc. then i went thru a phase where i break everything down in to their basic shapes or geometric and basic colours. Nowadays im in a more 'flowing' mood and just wanna paint stuff with a brush like calligraphy :D

i do more photography than painting though, and enjoy manipulating images in photoshop, using layers and creating visual texture etc. Guess thats why i do design :)

as for why acrylics and not oil - havent got any so there :p Also dont wanna wait the few weeks it takes to dry lol. you've inspired me to take out my watercolours again and soem ink and see what i can come up with - cheers!

dawood

ricksitterly
02-23-2003, 12:23 PM
one of my drraaaaaawwrrrringz (http://www.angelfire.com/clone/rsitterly/hayley.jpg)
dont need no stinking paints... i have pencil!!! mwahaha

Chang Style Novice
02-23-2003, 02:05 PM
D-

You can cut drying time on oils way back if you choose the right medium. A mixture of stand oil, damar varnish, and turpentine in a 1:2:6 ratio is pretty good, and not overly transparent.

Rick -
drawing is okay, too. But there are some things you simply cannot do with a pencil. Like, for example, an impasto brushstroke. Or Pat Steir (http://www.artnet.com/ag/fineartdetail.asp?wid=160736)'s trademark approach.

ricksitterly
02-23-2003, 02:33 PM
i'm aware of that but i can respect each medium for its unique strengths / weaknesses.

oil takes much longer to dry but is much more forgiving than acrylics as it will not dry or clump up while you are working it- when given the choice, i always used oils in college so that i could simply pick up where i left off the day before without worrying about re-mixing my pallette.' however there are effects u cannot get with oils

i like watercolor/acrylic painting for its ability to create transparent layers of shading / light (does that make sense :( )

guash, although similar to acrylic, is my favorite because of it's very high pigment and intensity with colors

Chang Style Novice
02-23-2003, 02:44 PM
I understand where you're coming from with acrylics (although I've never seen much in the way of translucency from them - could be I haven't really looked.) Another great thing about oils is the whole thing about mixing very thin and applying layers of glaze.

I've never worked with gouache, but I've also never had any problem achieving the kind of color intensity I'm interested in with oils. In fact, I was under the impression that oil paint tends to have a higher concentration of pigment to medium than any other type of paint:confused:

Doesn't really matter, though, as long as you find the right medium or media for your own best work. I know one guy who likes to use spraypaint on tarpaper (the kind used for roofing.)

TaoBoy
02-23-2003, 02:49 PM
Name my puppy! (http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20227)

ricksitterly
02-23-2003, 02:57 PM
excellent change of subject! lol (not)

screw your puppy!!!

TaoBoy
02-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by ricksitterly
excellent change of subject! lol (not)

screw your puppy!!!

There was a subject? :)

Screw you puppy-hater! :eek:

dezhen2001
02-23-2003, 04:18 PM
CSN: loved that link you posted above! the colours were so intense! i once did something similar using just normal poster paint, a paint roller and some corrigated card to make the textures :)

i used to mainly use watercolour, gouache and arcylics too. hard to believe i WAS 'trained' in art school as a painter as i studied landscape, still life and human figure enough... then design chose me :p

dawood

TaoBoy
02-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ricksitterly
one of my drraaaaaawwrrrringz (http://www.angelfire.com/clone/rsitterly/hayley.jpg)
dont need no stinking paints... i have pencil!!! mwahaha

Impressive Mr. S.

Serpent
02-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Man, this thread took some catching up on!

Nothing to add anyway, but thought I'd check in while I can. On the move a lot at the mo.

Adam, what about calling him Crunch. He's a Staffy; you'll be hearing a lot of crunching.

Serpent
02-23-2003, 09:20 PM
Hmmm... this is no good:

Top 10 Posters List

SevenStar 3559
red5angel 3531
Serpent 3377
KC Elbows 3224
Merryprankster 3009
dezhen2001 2853
Chang Style Novice 2421
IronFist 2341
ewallace 2251
yuanfen 2236

Apart from the fact that red and the big fella have overtaken me again, I don't see Xebs here. Explanations, young Padawan?

And I got some work to do!

desertwingchun2
02-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey Serpent - did you know theres someone with your same avatar? For a minute I thought you were posting in the WC forums.
later
-David

Mr Punch
02-24-2003, 01:17 AM
D-
But there are some things you simply cannot do with a pencil. ... Or Pat Steir (http://www.artnet.com/ag/fineartdetail.asp?wid=160736)'s trademark approach.

Trademark approach schmademark approach (say, that was slick use of language...:rolleyes: :D !)...

you can't pick the wax out your ears with a paintbrush!

Hai_To
02-24-2003, 08:02 AM
I think it very courageous of Gene to share such personal information. Disturbing, but courageous.

Xebsball
02-24-2003, 11:56 AM
"Take your love by the hand... and DOT IT IN THE BUTT"
Leon Phelps

Serpent dude, i was on my own outoftownesment.
I was at this hotel, one of the maids was hot for me. I should do the hottie count:

3 young hotties
1 argentinan *****
1 maid
2 milfs
1 skinny hottie

No, of course i dont get to have any

Xebsball
02-24-2003, 12:30 PM
3 young hotties:
this 2 chicks that were with their parents, so i assume they were sisters. i almost saw one of thems panties, when she was peting a dog while wearing short skirt. There was this dog competition stuff, many dogs.

the other one looked inteligent (cos she had glasses), only was there in the last day. I think she smiled in my direction once :confused:
this one was awesome i must say, she was singing (or trying to) on the karaoke thing.

1 argentinan *****:
First let me explain why i call her a *****
she was with her argentinan man by her side and yet she would from time to time stare at me smiley like as if saying "Helloooooo, mr Xebby"

1 maid:
me and the parents about to come out of our room, she knocks the door "knock knock". they open the door, she wants to change the towels or whatever. i am taking care o my hair (had just bathed), we're about to go eat lunch so the maid can come in a fix whatever she has to on the room.
As im leaving the door i notice she starring, then i turn to look and shes a hottie and got the "hmm hellooooo mr. xebby written on her smile".

You must be thinking, "you fool, they are trained to smile at all the customers like that, you xebbio-foolio". But no, cos other time me and the parents are walking outside the hotel area and i see her peeking at me from some rooms window.

It aint done yet, this other time we are walking outside again and i see her on the other side. I have a quick look as usually expected then i realise she was eating me with her eyes (that got me seriously hot inside) all the way as i walked by her on the other side of the sidewalk, she might even have looked at my behind, who knows.

Xebsball
02-24-2003, 12:44 PM
2 milfs
They were 3, i misscalculated, all of them with their respective husbands and kid(s)
One was half asian i think, no way could be more than 30.
another was this tall blonde one, was young too
The other was maybe 35, was in great shape. Her son had 2 HUGE dogs, of the race "Fila Brasileiro" (brazilian Fila?).

1 skinny hottie
she was with an old couple, i heard them speaking in english, then later only the two of them in german :confused: **** gringos.

@PLUGO
02-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Chan:
That piece I posted wat a mandala of sorts... version one of 9 so far... Interactive mandala's...

I now call em... I'mandala
anyway, it's about 8.5x11 feet... Done with mostly house paint (you get the most for your buck that way) as well as a mix of other acrylics and craypass..

each square was about a foot in size.

here's a details shot...

Xebsball
02-24-2003, 12:49 PM
there was also this dude i wanted to beat up, cos he kept giving me the tough guy look. He had a few tattoos and ****, the looks of a typical bjj bad boy ***got. I would crush his face if he did something stupid while im around.

@PLUGO
02-24-2003, 01:04 PM
Never could get past the smell of oil paints...

Acrylics always gave me instant gratification... :p

I dig Guash & Water color Pencil fro more of my illustraitive stuff...

LOVE that Pencil Drawing rik,,, very nice.

Lately I've been into scanning my Pen & Ink art then colorizing it in Photoshop...

here's a detail of my 3dr mandala... don almost totally in Craypass, on a series of 9 canvas boards each one about 2'x3' there's 3 more panels to the left of that centeral circle...

GeneChing
02-24-2003, 01:22 PM
People who really eat peppers know all about the next day. Don't we Margina?

M_ArtsMargie
02-24-2003, 03:49 PM
Gene***actually, I never really had that much of a burning. ke ke. Maybe I dont eat the sauce hot enough...or enough of it in one day. :D

M_ArtsMargie
02-24-2003, 04:00 PM
:D hey guys. Anyone see that Tyson fight. Aw man...what a knock out. Lots of people I know say it was fixed...i don't know. But the old Tyson ...oh yes....he will be back. With a much bigger attitude. I knew tyson was going to win becuase he never loses 2 fights in a row. Oh yea...can't wait:cool: It's going down

Xebsball
02-24-2003, 04:07 PM
I seen only the knockout, wich i heard was all the fight anyway. I love knockouts, like from the Mike style. Jabbers bore me, thats why its cool to see Mike winning.

Still think they should use mma gloves, so that one could see some of the old bare knucle style eventualy showing (at least partially) and greater technichal stylistic variation.

How ya doin anyway :D

Chang Style Novice
02-24-2003, 04:32 PM
DS -

Interactive? How so?

@PLUGO
02-24-2003, 05:25 PM
The Mandalas are set up in a location (like a party) where many people can explore it as it develops... the invitation is open for anyone to interact with it as they choose.. including particapating in it's creation.

I've done 9 now of varing sizes and levels of Complexaty. Some are compleated in a manor of hours while others may be active for months as people come and go checking up on parts they may have contributed to.

GeneChing
02-25-2003, 10:29 AM
You're still young dear Margie and there's probably still a whole world of peppers that have yet to stimulate your, ahh, err, stimulate you.

Actually I only get burning with a few more volatile strains now. What's more problematic is the itching. Cheap jalapeno oil makes me itch the next day. Fresh stuff is no problem, but that cheap canned crap they put on pizzas and nachos, well, it's not a fun kind of itch.

I'm sure NP want's to hear all about this. :p

M_ArtsMargie
02-25-2003, 10:45 AM
Gene***I hope it isn't an itch where I think you are talking about. If so.......OUCH!:p

M_ArtsMargie
02-25-2003, 10:49 AM
xebsball***I am doing fine. Haven't seen you for a while. Hope everything is doing ok with you. Yeah....Tyson is awesome. He is straight up street fighter. He's got some mad skills. I love to watch him fight. Win or lose.

morbicid
02-25-2003, 12:19 PM
"3 young hotties
1 argentinan wh0re
1 maid
2 milfs
1 skinny hottie" ~ excerpt from post by xebsball

that whole story reminded me of a perverted verstion of the
12 days of christmas. (um... there's 12 days in that song right?)

:)

@PLUGO
02-25-2003, 12:23 PM
EVER see the movie "Black & White"?

totally worth seeing, and features a wonderful performance by Mike Tyson playing himself...

morbicid
02-25-2003, 12:26 PM
it was like an hbo film right ? i saw it- pretty good. dam n that recurrring pigeons element throughout the film

@PLUGO
02-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Saw the Movie in the Theaters in N.Y.

sort of one of the rougher neighborhoods where the you had to walk through a metal detector and past the bullet proof glass to enter the lobby...

talk about ambiance.... :p

M_ArtsMargie
02-25-2003, 01:38 PM
TYSON RULES

Xebsball
02-25-2003, 07:13 PM
I am mostly ok, just was away lately. And will be again for a while, sort of ninja thing.
Tomorrow i move to my cousins apartament, then next week i probly wont have internet access for a few weeks to a month, dunno.
Im gona try to email today if possible still.

Serpent
02-25-2003, 08:39 PM
Yeah right, like getting on with your life is more important than posting here! Get your priorities straight, lad!

M_ArtsMargie
02-26-2003, 10:10 AM
xebsball***I will be moving soon too,....so I feel you. I wont have access either

Serpent***I may be moving...but I will still have access to this thread. he he:p

GeneChing
02-26-2003, 10:43 AM
I thought you were going to sell your truck too? What's up?

dezhen2001
02-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Margie has a truck? :eek:

:cool:

dawood

FatherDog
02-26-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by M_ArtsMargie
xebsball***....so I feel you.

You should. He'd be much more relaxed.

morbicid
02-26-2003, 03:36 PM
i'm gonna be movin pretty soon also lol. seriously, i know u guys will all miss me

i'm currently in poughkeepsie but soon will be going to nyc for a few weeks and after that, i'm going on a big road trip to spread morbicidy across the country. final destination will be san antonio, texas. i'm not sure if i'll be able to post here for good while

M_ArtsMargie
02-26-2003, 03:42 PM
dezhen2001***Where have you been? I drive a black 2000 silverado, king bed, extended cab truck. Yeah. Master Tu pulled it with his private part, as mentioned in earlier posts.

Gene***I may have to hold on to my truck a little longer. Besides, master tu might be pulling it again on the 1st of March for the free demo.

FatherDog***:eek: maybe if he wasn't so far away.....he he he...just playing;)

Golden Arms
02-26-2003, 04:27 PM
:D Margie, you are welcome to come up to seattle and hang out if you need a place to stay ;)