03-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Err....dur!

YES!

Serpent
03-20-2003, 04:30 PM
Do what, Margie?

eulerfan
03-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Hey, I'm gone for a while and this thing is on the second page?????? PEOPLE!!!

As soon as this play I'm in is over, I'll be back and I'm going to have a serious talk with each and every one of you.

I don't know.

I think this behavior may warrant a spanking.

M_ArtsMargie
03-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Serpent***post! Dah. I guess that saying can be used other meanings.

Eulerfan***nice to see you again.

rubthebuddha
03-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan
i guess we must be doing something right? :confused:

TaoBoy
03-23-2003, 06:58 AM
I'm back baby.
My PC has been upgraded and my online life now resumes.

How y'all doin?

I got my puppy last week.
Named him Duke.

Catch ya soon.

- Adam

Serpent
03-23-2003, 04:56 PM
TaoBoy, so out of all the names suggested, you chose none of them. Don't ever ask us for help again, *****.

Eulerfan, punish me first, huh! Will ya!? Huh? Pleeeease!

Chang Style Novice
03-23-2003, 05:42 PM
Half of my mother's pack. That's Katie on the ground, with Gracie in her guard (really, her name is Gracie and it's not like my mom has ever even heard of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.) The guy on the right licking his lips is Hank, adding an element of multiple-attacker realism to the scenario.

Does Duke have this kind of skill? I doubt it!:p

Serpent
03-23-2003, 05:49 PM
That's too cool!

:)

SevenStar
03-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Hey, I'm gone for a while and this thing is on the second page?????? PEOPLE!!!

As soon as this play I'm in is over, I'll be back and I'm going to have a serious talk with each and every one of you.

I don't know.

I was hoping you'd say that. It was all part of my plan. Marige, will you be helping to give out the punishment?

GeneChing
03-24-2003, 10:06 AM
I'd love to hear your peoms, Margie. Seriously. :cool:

GeneChing
03-24-2003, 10:56 AM
This thread has taken a back seat to the war.
Everything has...:(

Royal Dragon
03-24-2003, 11:34 AM
Hey on a lighter note this thread is getting close to 3000 replies!!!:D

M_ArtsMargie
03-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Spankings are only for those who need to be punished. Have you been bad?

Golden Arms
03-24-2003, 04:08 PM
I am pretty sure I have been :D

M_ArtsMargie
03-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Gene***Didn't know that I had a soft side did ya?
I do write poems occasionally. I used to write them all the time. I recently started getting back into them.

Serpent
03-24-2003, 06:18 PM
I'm always bad.

Look at my badass shades.

:cool:

SevenStar
03-24-2003, 09:44 PM
I'm definitely worse than those two. Matter of factly, I beat up serpent and stole his badass shades. :cool: see!

Serpent
03-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Everyone knows you couldn't beat me up, 7*. And those fake imitation shades aren't fooling anyone.

Look, I'm still wearing mine.

SevenStar
03-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Those shades you're wearing now must be the ones you picked up from thrifty mart to cover the black eyes

Serpent
03-24-2003, 10:42 PM
No man, these are the shades I got off your momma.

Don't make me tell that story here in front of everyone.

SevenStar
03-24-2003, 11:02 PM
so those are the ones you got after she kicked your ass?

GeneChing
03-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Everyone has a soft side - it's all Tao.
Nevertheless, I didn't know you wrote poetry and would be intrigued to read some. I should mention that I generally don't like amateur poetry, a point well known on this forum, but I'm always interested in the artsy endevours of my associates. Bring it on. :cool:

M_ArtsMargie
03-25-2003, 10:06 AM
I am wearing them now :cool:
What does that mean if I am wearing them?

Chang Style Novice
03-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Same thing as when 7* and Serpent wear them. They fear me, and they think I wouldn't hit a guy with glasses. But they're wrong.

M_ArtsMargie
03-25-2003, 10:45 AM
can I own this face :D

norther practitioner
03-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah, but can you wear them at night?

FatherDog
03-25-2003, 01:43 PM
I wear my sunglasses at night.

No, really, I do. My eyes are really crappy. I read with a 40 watt bulb, and keep my sunglasses on in movie theatres most of the time. Some of my friends don't even know my eye color.

norther practitioner
03-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Are they that light sensitive.

Hey Margie....when are you guys going to start shooting for the calender? lol

GeneChing
03-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Hey, everybody stop stealing each others shades right now! Man, am I going to have to separate you? :rolleyes:

M_ArtsMargie
03-25-2003, 03:34 PM
You are asking the wrong person.

Ask Gene! We had a poll going that Philbert started, I believe. Maybe if we get enough people to do that poll, it can be an option. But again, I would ask Gene that

M_ArtsMargie
03-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I got some and would be more than glad to share some.
I will have to post it later though becuase I dont carry my poems on me.

Serpent
03-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar
so those are the ones you got after she kicked your ass?

Yeah, your momma gave me black eyes. It was her big old titties flying around while I rode her like a two dollar ho.

FatherDog
03-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by norther practitioner
Are they that light sensitive.

Yeah, they seriously are. If the moon is more than half full and there's no clouds, I can read outside at night with no artificial lighting.

Serpent
03-25-2003, 07:51 PM
So to defeat you in a fight, all a person would need is a flashlight?

Serpent
03-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Heh. You must hate getting your picture taken at night!

FatherDog
03-25-2003, 09:15 PM
I've thrown rocks at people pointing flashlights at me. It's honestly painful.

And I hate whenever anyone takes my picture with a flash. It hurts. Literally, hurts.

Serpent
03-25-2003, 09:36 PM
Are you Gollum?

SevenStar
03-26-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Serpent

Yeah, your momma gave me black eyes. It was her big old titties flying around while I rode her like a two dollar ho.

If you're gonna tell the story, tell it right. You rode your sister like a two dollar ho

SevenStar
03-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by M_ArtsMargie
I am wearing them now :cool:
What does that mean if I am wearing them?

An even better question is when do the spankings start?

TaoBoy
03-26-2003, 06:11 AM
I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs.

FatherDog
03-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Are you Gollum?

Nah, I don't eat fish. It's tough to picture Gollum sneaking up and strangling cows.

M_ArtsMargie
03-26-2003, 10:13 AM
You guys ever watch the show on comedy centry I think called Conan O'Brian. He said, what does gollum, froto, and jennifer lopez have in common? They all have trouble holding on to the ring.
I thought that was cute.

7* -****Spankings!:p

Chang Style Novice
03-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Seafood is superior to beef. In particular, smoked salmon is the ultimate gastronomic technique.

GeneChing
03-26-2003, 11:15 AM
I remember getting a martial arts girls calendar years ago. It was hilarious. Amateur models. My favorite was a 'samurai' girl that was wearing only a hakama (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/35-0524.html) and strategically covering her nipples with a katana (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/35-10.html).

Anyway, I'm not sure that the powers that be would allow me to pursue this project in any seriousness, much as I'd like to. Did we already discuss our nixed " Sparmaster (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/10500gs.html) or nothing at all" campaign...

@PLUGO
03-26-2003, 11:38 AM
there's other things I'd rather smoke than Salmon . . .

But thrown on the Grill!!! YUM...

While chillin' with my girlfriend on the Beach we bought a whole Salmon (small fishing town on the central coast of Cali... more details are a few pages back) , Just caught the night before... had 'em fillet it and cooked it up that evening... NOW you're talkin' good eatin'!!!

As for FatherDog.. I mean Gollum, he wouldn't strangle a Cow... I picture him just latching onto it's heck like a south american Vampire Bat (http://bss.sfsu.edu/geog/bholzman/courses/fall99projects/vampire2.jpg). This would also explain the light thing.

Golden Arms
03-26-2003, 01:15 PM
In all seriousness..

Well if Gene can pursue it, why dont we get someone to take some good professional pics of Margie, (if she is willing of course), Clean em up real nice, make a calendar and print up like 50 copies that we can buy for like a couple bucks a piece + shipping? That way Margie gets some $$, we get a cool calendar, and Gene doesnt get in trouble. Call it "Got Margie?" :D

Any reason this wouldnt be cool with y'all?

M_ArtsMargie
03-26-2003, 03:09 PM
It would be better if there were other girls...then...at the end of the last page....after the last month....you can have a picture of all the girls.

Golden Arms
03-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Ok, Margie, if you can round up the girls, we can round up the other people to make it happen and it means easy $$ for you guys if people would buy them :) a lady at my work makes calendars from pictures she takes when she travels, so its doable pretty easily :)

Serpent
03-26-2003, 04:49 PM
It would be better if there were other girls...then...at the end of the last page....after the last month....you can have a picture of all the girls.

Now you're talking!

By the way, seafood, particularly crustaceans, are the pinnacle of gastronomic experience.

M_ArtsMargie
03-26-2003, 05:46 PM
OOO Yummi....oysters.

Serpent
03-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Prawns... crabs... lobster...

*droooooool*

Chang Style Novice
03-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Truly, the emeralds, garnets, and sapphires of the sea.

But smoke a salmon and we're talking flawless diamond.

(Design Sifu - it's really the best thing to smoke, if you can find a rolling paper big enough and are able to keep it lit.):p

Serpent
03-26-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Truly, the emeralds, garnets, and sapphires of the sea.

But smoke a salmon and we're talking flawless diamond.

(Design Sifu - it's really the best thing to smoke, if you can find a rolling paper big enough and are able to keep it lit.):p

Just had a great eggs benedict for lunch. Mmmm!

Although, not to diss your tastes, CSN, but I'd take prawns, crab or lobster (or calamari, scallops, mussels, etc.!) over smoked salmon anyday.

And trying to get the smell of smoked fish out of your parents house is possibly the only thing harder to shift than the stench of wicked skunk.

joedoe
03-26-2003, 07:25 PM
Mmmmmmm. Seafood. :D

Serpent
03-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by joedoe
Mmmmmmm. Seafood. :D

And do we live in the best city in the world or what!

There should be a Homer-esque drooling smilie!

Chang Style Novice
03-26-2003, 07:28 PM
As a general rule I prefer strong flavors to mild. Probably the jalapeno juice in my baby bottles stripped all the taste buds off my tongue.

joedoe
03-26-2003, 07:42 PM

And do we live in the best city in the world or what!

There should be a Homer-esque drooling smilie!

Haven't lived in any other cities so I wouldn't know, but what I do know is that even when I have a fabulous trip OS seeing some of the most wonderful sights in the world, there is still nothing like seeing Sydney come into view as the pilot makes the approach for landing. :)

I was at the fish markets a few weekends ago, and it always amazes me the huge variety of seafood we have available here and in how many different ways it can be prepared. One of the most enjoyable lunches I have had in a long time.

Serpent
03-26-2003, 07:52 PM
Yessiree! I've lived in a few cities and visited many, many more and nothing compares to this one.

CSN, that jalapeno baby juice has a lot to answer for. That's what you get for growing up near Mexico, I guess!

Serpent
03-26-2003, 08:03 PM
Yeah Margie, let's see some.

This one's for Gene:

*ahem*

Gene Ching, Gene Ching
He doesn't like the amatuer thing
He probably has a problem with poems that rhyme
So I'll make sure this does every time

I bet he hates it when people use
Nonsensical sentences to rhyme like a muse
Yes, that was one, and here comes another
Nonsensical I am, so said my mother

Well, Gene, I hope you read this rambling ****e
This collection of words, quite contrite
Cos if you spent a minute reading this, then
That's a minute that you'll never have again.

SevenStar
03-26-2003, 09:58 PM
nothing comes close to a good smoked salmon, except scallops.

Serpent
03-26-2003, 10:10 PM
You smoked salmon folks are weird!

rubthebuddha
03-27-2003, 12:11 AM
ask sevenstar about smoked salmon.

cripes, i'm in washington. we have some of the best stuff up here. even the best geoducks.

don't know what a geoduck is? it's pronounced GOO-ee-duck, and it looks like a cross between a slug and a weenie (http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/shelfish/beachreg/graphics/2geoduck.jpg) . tastes pretty good though.

and if we don't have it, we're the closest real state to alaska, and alaska has ALLLL the good ****.

a slug and a weenie (http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/shelfish/beachreg/graphics/2geoduck.jpg)

M_ArtsMargie
03-27-2003, 10:11 AM
that just does not look right.:eek:

GeneChing
03-27-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure I want to tackle this recent turn in our thread, but I will say that seafood is one of the reasons I'll never be vegetarian in this lifetime and that I never eat seafood where I can't smell the ocean (or the river as the case maybe...)

Chang Style Novice
03-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Sounds like my cue to repost my favorite short poem by that Crazy Cloud, Ikkyu. This is at least the third time I've put it on this forum, too.

A Meal of Fresh Octopus

Lots of arms, just like Kannon the Goddess;
Sacrificed for me, garnished with citron, I revere it so!
The taste of the sea, just divine!
Sorry, Buddha, this is another precept I just cannot keep.

GeneChing
03-27-2003, 10:45 AM
I'm honored that anyone would spend their time to compose a rap in my honor (never mind the minute I lost, how about the minutes you lost composing that?) Nevertheless, I'd be much happier about this poem if you were, say, a got qi girl.

norther practitioner
03-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Gene,
We actually have some decent sea food here in Denver (but you have to pay). Two of the sushi restaurants I go to fly there fish in almost Daily.

I'd have to agree, I eat poultry maybe once a week (for protien and minerals) other than that, it is seafood that keeps me from being veg (don't eat red meat or pork).

Speaking of which, I'm going to go get a ahi sammich.

@PLUGO
03-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Truely it was the Joys of Sushi that pulled away from about 6 years of Vegitarianism...

Still not into Poltry (except eggs) and haven't touched 4 legged meat in like 10 years... don't even miss it...

CHANG:
thanks for the hints on Smoked Salmon, but the question is if you can fit a fillet into a water pipe?

M_ArtsMargie
03-27-2003, 03:34 PM
I AM SO IN LOVE WITH SUSHI!

norther practitioner
03-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Next time I'm in that area of Cali I'll get a hold of you all, we'll go to sushi.

M_ArtsMargie
03-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Sounds good to me!:D

GeneChing
03-28-2003, 10:46 AM
I used to be into stunt foods - it's a Chinese thang - stuff like scorpions, sea slugs, snakes, lizards, real exotic meats like on our two new dvds eating the uneatable (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/dvdxtz27104.html) and inedible delicacies. (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/dvdtz27114.html) But my last trip to China, I was travelling with some people who just turned me complete off of stunt foods. They had this turtle killed, just for the novelty, and only took a few bites, then charged the vegetarian at the table full price (it was really expensive.) At that point, I became disgusted by the whole affair (but I still might eat scorpions.)

Sushi is cool, but few people have ths stomach for the hardcore sushi, the really live stuff where the fish is still flipping under the filet knife. Most of us are just nibblers when it comes to sushi.

herb ox
03-28-2003, 12:11 PM
as a side note, when I visited Seoul with Steve-O, there was a supermarket next to the yeoguan (cheap hotel) serving squid pulled live from the tank, innards removed and the remainder passed through a slitter, producing still-squirming squid spaghetti people just ate raw, squirming and on the spot. that's hardcore sushi. I'd settle for a good chunk of hamachi:p

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 12:16 PM
man...that just aint right:eek:

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 12:24 PM
My turn....what kind of poem should I post? There are so many.

Love.....hate.....jealousy......anger.....????? Or should I just post my favorite?

@PLUGO
03-28-2003, 12:56 PM
Werd... I could alway gor for a good chunk of hamachi...

but it'll always be about the Unagi!!!

ROASTED EEL!!! YEAH

:p :p :p

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 02:50 PM
i have got a personal question for all the guys on here.

My friend just went through this break up. Well...technically it wasn't a break up...more like....no contact. Why would a guy tell a girl that he is falling in love with her....and then the next day...week...month....not call at all. Not return any calls at all. Why would a guy do that? Is it possible to lose interest that fast? Or is it possible he was only after one thing?
My girlfriend and I had this conversation last night..talking about guys that do that. We kept asking why...and what could possibly be the reason why they would do it. We came up with a few of our own...but guys think differently than girls. So I am asking on a personal....honest....question.

Chang Style Novice
03-28-2003, 03:09 PM
It is regretably definitely possible that he was just saying whatever he could think of to get in her pants. It is also possible (although a bit less likely) that he got real scared of intimacy - emotional, not physical - real fast. I'm not proud to say I've been guilty of both reactions, although never to such an extreme degree.

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 03:18 PM
The scared part though....why if a guy wanted to express his feelings...yet....he avoids you? You would think that he would feel better being with the one he is starting to care for, rather than being alone. Or maybe he is not neccasarily alone...but sleeping with other women to get his mind off of it. Would that be possible?

Chang Style Novice
03-28-2003, 03:25 PM
I'm not saying it makes sense, this is the male ego we're talking about here.

If he's tomcatting around, though, it makes option one seem considerably more likely.

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 03:28 PM
mmmm...I understand. I know now...more than ever...that you cannot change a man. But accept him for who he is. If you accept a man for what he is...then you wont be dissappointed.

Thanks CSN:D

norther practitioner
03-28-2003, 04:01 PM
It is just the effect of the ego, rather than affecting the ego. As a rather frequent "Capt'n save a Ho" (an affectionate term my friends have dubbed me) I've seen this way too much. Both males and females will have their egos effected, but the effect of this is apperent so much differently between males and females. A lot of this comes down to tags, expectations, and other "outside influences." These tags and expectations come from a difference in what people expect at certain points (which are the tags). Too many people look at these things in a linear pattern with certain benchmarks.
Not knowing the people, I'd have to say that as a guy, I'd like to say that all to often, a guy is single, wants a girl, then gets the girl, once this happens, hmm, I can get this girl to like me, etc.... wonder what about x, or y.... Or there is the possibility that he is chasing, or that he found something too overbearing in her character that might not have been apparent earlier.

Other things to note. When going through the whole "courtship" which I quotate, because this seems to change so much year by year, most people (like almost all, whether they will admit it or not) will bring foward there better (or what they think is) attributes and qualities. Another good example of this is the parental meeting, where you would meet you significant others parents.... how you would play off of your "good" side. Of course the funny story about this or that where you still end up looking like an innocent bystander, or someone that was brought into the situation.

But again, I'd like to say availability is usually the problem.

Margie, a man is a man, which can be a dynamic being, however, we can't know we are changing too much.....:)

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 04:27 PM
I gotcha. ;)
Thanks for the insight. I have to share this with my girlfriend tonight.

Were going dancing some where in the bay area!

@PLUGO
03-28-2003, 05:03 PM
A Guy falling in love is even weirder.

All of the above mentioned about a guy is surely valid...
HOT PANTS
or
FEAR of INTAMACY

This being the "bay Area" there may be some variances on what was ment by "love"

Could be he's being all dramatic as well.

either tying up "loose ends" calling up other girls and ending things with 'em

Out on a vision quest making sure he "loves" her...

There could also be a question as to weither the "love" comment was offered or sought out.

Girl: "I think I love you"
Guy: . . . .
Girl: "I said I think I love you"
Guy: "um, thanks"
Girl: "I said I think I love you"
Guy: "...I think I love you to"
Girl: "he said he love's me!!!"
Guy: "um, I gotta go..."

Or he could be out camping with some friends . . .

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 05:07 PM
yea....but even if he was camping with some friends....I dont think that its right not to call your girl. I think that if a guy does go..he should at least call and say "I am going to go camping so I most likely wont call you until I get back."
EVen if he did go camping.....for a month!
I mean....come on...talk about a major head trip for her when he didn't call.

M_ArtsMargie
03-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Another questions CSN....Did you ever feel guilty for doing that to women? And if so...did you ever regret it?

herb ox
03-29-2003, 10:17 AM
I think for a lot of dudes, the chase is more exciting than the kill.

Not to be judgemental, but completely abandoning someone like that is a cowardly act. As martial artists, I would expect better from my brothers.

Did this guy practice the "arts"? (bet he didn't, huh?)

apologies on behalf of my side of the species.

h.o.

Xebsball
03-29-2003, 04:19 PM
First i must say i am very highly honored to have my work reflecting on Serpents signature, its so cool :) thnx yo!

Margie, post the most favouritable ones :cool:

Xebsball
03-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Just checking in, nothin to type now, going to order food :D

M_ArtsMargie
03-29-2003, 04:52 PM
He is not a martial artist. He works on cranes or something. Do biggy. But you would think that some guys would feel bad at least. But then again..maybe not...if they just did not like the girl.

herb ox
03-30-2003, 10:37 AM
perhaps you should encourage your sister-friend to enroll at a local martial arts studio to meet some worthy guys. Not to mention she'd be able to kick his @$$ if he showed up again :p

Seriously, though, I know breakups can be tough, but the best remedy for her to get over the breakup is to meet some other guys.

Aren't there any studlies available at KFQG? :D

dezhen2001
03-30-2003, 10:40 AM
im sure there would be plenty available :D

dawood

Hai_To
03-30-2003, 11:43 AM
The only poems I like generally begin with:

"There once was a man from Nantucket"

Chang Style Novice
03-30-2003, 02:09 PM
guilt yes, regret yes

curiously, it didn't always immediately ruin the relationship (which is my best guess for a subconscious motive)

GeneChing
03-31-2003, 10:36 AM
That's what we want, Margie....;)

M_ArtsMargie
03-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. Like I mentioned...I will tell my friend.

Hey..did you guys enjoy your weekend? I know I did....we were bad.:D

Chang Style Novice
03-31-2003, 03:06 PM
Here's what I did with my weekend. Consider this a warning about taking art history classes.

Two Interpretations of Vito Acconci's "Pryings"

Vito Acconci’s 1971 video Pryings presents the viewer with a disturbing, violent, ritualized struggle between a man and a women, acted out by Acconci himself and Kathy Dillon, who is variously described in the literature as his partner, companion, and long term relationship. Although the conflict between the two performers is bizarre, protracted, and borders on brutal, no significant change in status occurs throughout the video and so the struggle itself rather than any outcome becomes the thematic center of the piece. As with any work of art where the primary focus is one element pitted against another, the viewer inevitably tries to interpret what the two elements represent, and what the conflict between them signifies. I have come to the conclusion that because the video is so stripped down aesthetically but what imagery remains is so powerful that two equally compelling interpretations are possible, but I am unable to commit to one or the other, which I believe to be Acconci’s intention in creating Pryings.

I will begin by thoroughly summarizing the events shown in the video: for the entire length of the piece the figures of Vito Acconci and Kathy Dillon dominate the screen in close-up so that their faces appear very large. Although at no point are the performers shown in full figure due to the tightness of the shot, it can be seen that Acconci wears a dark turtleneck shirt and Dillon wears a short sleeved t-shirt or blouse. The two performers never speak – the only soundtrack consists of their breath and the sound of their feet on the floor, and more faintly, what sounds like a train passing a crossing on a road (the repetitive thump of the wheels on the track, the rush of air, and a bell ringing). The image is black and white and the background, apparently the interior of an artist’s studio, is seen too fragmentally and out of focus for the viewer to gain any further impressions. The only action is of the two figures struggling with one another as Acconci tries to immobilize Dillon, expose her face to the camera and then force open her eyes with his fingers. Dillon resists his actions by trying to escape his grasp, trying to hide her face by covering it with her hands, by turning away, and by tossing her hair between her face and the camera. At those times when Acconci does successfully force open one or both of her eyes, Dillon rolls them back in their sockets to conceal the pupil and iris from the camera. Acconci’s appearance is obviously masculine with coarse features, medium length hair, a receding hairline, and prominent sideburns. Other masculine traits include his relatively large size, especially notable in the shoulders and hands, and the fact that his hands are visibly hairy. The expression on Acconci’s face remains impassive. Dillon’s appearance is unmistakably feminine in contrast: her tight-fitting top reveals her breasts, facially she has finer features, and her long dark hair is worn loose. Although more of her naked skin is exposed than of Acconci’s, she appears to lack any body hair. Dillon’s expression is also largely impassive except when she seems to be grimacing from effort or ‘screwing up’ her features to make it more difficult for Acconci to open her eyes. In addition to the fact that as a man and woman, Acconci and Dillon inevitably seem masculine and feminine, I suspect that the hairstyles and clothing were chosen as wardrobe for the video because they emphasize the physical gender traits of the performers and because they demonstrate the current fashion of men’s and women’s clothing and hair for the time the video was shot. The reason such a choice might be made would be to emphasize the sexes of the performers as much as possible without making nudity and thereby a literal sex act an implication of their close physical contact. Thus, each performer doesn’t merely represent themselves, but also the broader categories of ‘man’ and ‘woman.’

The violence of Pryings is strictly implicit. At no time does Acconci threaten to bodily harm Dillon, he merely controls her movements as best he can. Dillon, in turn, doesn’t try to harm Acconci in her escape attempts, perhaps by stomping on his feet, biting his hands, or kneeing his groin. The parameters of the struggle are strictly set and fully honored. Of course, the viewer is constantly reminded of the possibility of rape because of a number of visual factors, including the forced opening of part of a woman’s body by man who is larger and stronger than she, the similarity in appearance of the eye and the vagina, and the emphasis the camera and costume place on the body of Dillon and the almost archetypical female quality it represents in the context of the video. Because the camera operator focuses the camera whenever possible on Dillon’s face and Acconci only appears to the extent that his presence is necessary to immobilize her and force open her eyes, she becomes the central figure of the video. Because the camera moves to keep her in the frame no matter how she struggles and thrashes, a third presence that of the camera operator is implicit in the video. Taking this into account, Acconci’s actions take on another meaning; in addition to a rapist by implication, he becomes a pimp or pornographer by implication, forcing the woman struggling against him to reveal herself in a context rife with sexual overtones to a third party (the photographer) and then another party further removed from the entire performance. This final viewer is of course us, the audience, or if we interpret the performance as a crime of rape or prostitution, the witnesses. While it is true that I am assuming a male gaze on the part of the camera operator and the audience, I find such a presumption plausible in light of the fact that the work is attributed to Acconci. It’s true, of course, that Laura Mulvey’s landmark essay that named the male gaze was not published until four years after the taping of Pryings, but the feminist critique of male dominated media and professions preceded it.

A critical point of interest is the fact that the repeated attempted violation is of Dillon’s eyes, and the fact that she successfully hides the pupils and irises of her eyes from the camera. The video camera is of course, at its essence, a mechanical eye. Further, because the particular camera used to tape Pryings is being actively manipulated by an operator it is possible to conclude that the camera operator has the same relationship to his or her camera that Acconci has to Dillon (at least for the duration of the performance.) The difference is that while Dillon is a person with a will of her own, which she exerts by resisting Acconci’s attempts to peel open her eyes, the camera is simply a piece of machinery that makes no attempt to resist its operator. From this, it is possible to construe a feminist message from Pryings, since the contrast of Dillon’s willfulness to the camera’s will-lessness impels the viewer to understand that the male/female difference exhibited by Acconci and Dillon is negligible compared to the sentient/mechanical difference exhibited by the operator and the camera. Acconci and Dillon are more alike than different but the camera and its operator are more different than alike, and so because the camera lacks any will of its own the power relationship between them lacks the moral aspect that can be drawn from the struggle between Acconci and Dillon. While I found the implicit master/slave relationship between Acconci and Dillon disturbing and rife with sexual menace, the operator/machine relationship seems perfectly innocuous to me. Only the emphasis on Dillon’s eyes even evoked the idea of the camera as a separate entity from my own eyes or those of the camera operator, in fact, I found myself questioning the camera operator’s relation to Acconci and Dillon without thinking of the camera at all. I have failed to discover the name of the camera operator for the shoot of Pryings and I believe whether the operator is a man or woman makes little difference to the overall effect of the video. Because the operator never makes his or her presence known except by the operation of the camera, a male gaze may be safely presumed because of the presence of Acconci, as I said earlier. If we accept the notion of the activity recorded in the video as a metaphor for sex, and further as a metaphor for rape or prostitution, we find ourselves siding with Dillon against Acconci. Although the narrative is simplistic in the extreme, the presentation of Acconci as attacking and exposing Dillon against her will casts him as a villain. Further generalizing Acconci as “man” and Dillon as “woman” yields the idea that man brutalizes woman, and forces her body to exposure and to open thereby metaphorically penetrating her. This rather literal interpretation of the action, if not the actors, fills the viewer with revulsion and male violence and sexism while ennobling female victimization and resistance. Such a view may be characterized as both radical and fatalistic, because the narrative of the video offers no solution or even progression to the conflict presented.

(cont.)

Chang Style Novice
03-31-2003, 03:06 PM
A nearly opposite reading of Pryings may be constructed if one takes into account the common figure of speech “open your eyes” meaning an exhortation to pay attention to one’s surroundings and to stop ignoring relevant facts. Because Acconci appears to be trying to literally force Dillon into seeing, we must take into account what it is that she would see should he succeed. As mentioned before, the environment of the shoot is almost entirely obscured to the viewer, so all we can be certain that Dillon would see were she to relent and permit her eyes to be opened, and to focus the iris and pupil that she rolls back into her skull on her surroundings would be herself, Acconci, the operator, and the camera. We can assume Dillon already knows of the presence of Acconci and herself, through her own self knowledge and the tactile sensation of Acconci handling her. Therefore the only things remaining to be revealed to Dillon are the camera and its operator. Acconci himself never meets the mechanical gaze of the camera or the sentient gaze of the operator and audience that lie behind the camera. However, because his eyes are open and focused on Dillon, and because he attempts to turn her face to the camera he must know that the camera, the operator, and by implication the viewer are there as well. I have already noted that Pryings is attributed to Acconci, and this claim of authorship puts him in a position of power relative to Dillon (and possibly the camera operator and audience as well.) This reading also reveals sexist attitudes in the video, but this time on the part of Acconci in his role as artist rather than in his role as ‘man.’ If Dillon is not willing or able to open her eyes and confront the reality of her situation on her own, and she in her role as ‘woman’ must be forced to do so by Acconci in his role as ‘man,’ then Acconci’s role as an artist is severely condescending to the ability of women to recognize their own plight in a sexist society. In this interpretation, man wishes to liberate woman from her ignorance of the mechanical eye that regards her and throws her to the mercy of the male gaze, but woman lacks the wherewithal to do so on her own, and even with the most unsettling and forceful urging successfully resists man’s attempts to (literally) enlighten her. I would like to reiterate that the struggle depicted in Pryings appears to be eternal, for the video introduces us to the action in mid-struggle and it persists until the end, robbing the viewer of any sense of beginning, middle or end to the conflict. The viewer can is led to conclude that the action was underway long before the camera began taping and will continue long after. The background is marginalized into unimportance so that the struggle becomes the entire world of the video, nothing except woman and man in conflict is shown or even implied, and that is fatalistically presented as constant and without conclusion.

When two interpretations of such a simply formatted event are possible, with the only evidence of the authorial intent so obscured, we must take into account the possibility that the author intended the ambiguity. Since the only reason that a particular one of the interpretations should find favor with a viewer depends on the motives that said viewer projects onto the performers, no absolute conclusion may be made about the intent of the artist. The artist may have intended for the video to provoke two contradictory reactions. In fact, I think that probably he must have, which is why the action takes place in such a peculiar, stylized way. The minimalist aesthetic, plot, and production of Pryings leave all extraneous window-dressing stripped away. Without dialog, speakers of any language will be equally capable of interpreting the video. Without a change in the action, the struggle between Acconci and Dillon lacks any context except their sexes. By eliminating context and reducing the struggle to a set of ritual gestures repeated constantly throughout the running time of the video, the viewer is forced to interpret the gestures through only the filter of his or her own prejudices and conceptions. Art often functions in this way, but the more abstract and minimal art becomes the more important what a viewer brings becomes to that viewer’s interpretation. I believe that Acconci deliberately exploits this effect in Pryings so that he can provoke the viewer to confront his or her own preconceptions about sex and sexism and conflict and sexual conflict and sexist conflict, but most especially the last two.

@PLUGO
03-31-2003, 04:26 PM
couldn't you have trimmed that down to like a funny lymric or something?

Chang Style Novice
03-31-2003, 04:42 PM
A funny limerick wouldn't have been much of a warning now, would it?;)

There once was an artist named Vito
Who thought it would be super neato
To make his best girl
Show her eyes to the world
And tape it for posterity, yo.

How was that?

M_ArtsMargie
03-31-2003, 05:09 PM
I think I am ready to change my avatar! :confused:

I look evil.:eek:

GeneChing
03-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Well friends,

It seems we will pass into 3000+ posts and 200+ pages without me. I'm leaving for China tomorrow and probably won't have the luxury to post here for a bit. If I can post, I'll do it on the Shaolin forum, since that's where I'll be.

I gotta hand it to "evil" Margina - her first new thread and it tops them all - the queen mother of all threads.

I'll post with you all when I get back. keep the peace! :cool:

M_ArtsMargie
03-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Have a great time Gene, and Thanks!:D

@PLUGO
03-31-2003, 05:56 PM
I knew you could do it CHANG...

I feel so much more educated now...

herb ox
03-31-2003, 07:07 PM
and return home to us all!

safe journey, Gene.

peace
h.o.

Xebsball
03-31-2003, 08:14 PM
Viva la revolucion!!!

I got SUBCOMANDANTE MARCOS as my avatar :cool:

Last friday came some hot chick with her mom and her doggie to check some alergy the little dude was having.
Between this and that and making questions to the stupid trainee (that meee :D) wich limited me to saying "i dunno, its my 1st semester" she commented on some dog we were looking at before: "That dog was huuuge, HE HAD BIG BALLS THIIIS SIZE"
She draw the size of the balls with her hands on the air, the way she made it was like a human head

M_ArtsMargie
04-01-2003, 11:32 AM
I need to change my avatar:p

Serpent
04-01-2003, 06:38 PM
I think it's about timeI changed my avatar too, actually.

I have an idea for it too.

Have a good trip, Gene.

Serpent
04-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Blimey. It was surprisingly hard to find a pic of Cornholio!

Haha! I need TP for my bunghole!

:D

shaolin kungfu
04-01-2003, 08:03 PM
LOL at the avatar.

"shut up Beavis!"

Serpent
04-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Are you threatening me?

Serpent
04-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Margie, post something from every category.

Xebs, the please is all mine. ;)

Gene, what makes you think that took "minutes" to write!?

M_ArtsMargie
04-02-2003, 01:30 PM
My avatar looks kind of evil.

I use to date this guy that looked like Beavis. That was scary man.

M_ArtsMargie
04-02-2003, 02:01 PM
ok..here is one that I made up really fast. It still needs a little work...but here it is.

Why do you have to be so blunt?
Man you got the nerve!
Did you ever think that my business
Is none of your concern?

Your so opinionated
I never asked for your advise
As if your never wrong
And your so f u cking wise.

Your problem is you assume
Your acustom to be so vain
Maybe if you looked at yourself
You will see it's you who needs to change.

You sit and point a finger
You should be pointing at yourself
Cause no ones F u cking perfect
No matter how good the wealth

Your going to get whats coming to you
People like you always do
Unfortunatly you wont know it
until You start judging you.

**See needs a little work...if you have any advise...please feel free to update it.

Serpent
04-02-2003, 05:27 PM
Girl, your standards are low!

Xebsball
04-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Nice, i like the realistic tone to it :cool:

Another i made the same day as Ladies First was called ***** In My Pocket, but it doenst share the latency of LF.

Part of it went like:
"Aint nobody can deny this
ten plus five
I got fifteen"

Serpent
04-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Raw, Margie, raw! ;)

Not sure about the wealth line in the penultimate verse though.

Let's have some more!

M_ArtsMargie
04-03-2003, 09:59 AM
looks aren't important. As long as a guy has a cool personality, it makes him that much more attractive. I used to be into only looks, but if I meet someone that I get along with really well, then I wont turn down a date.

But yea....for some reason...The guys I like have something unique about their look. Dont know why...I just usually date those kinds. Most guys down here that are cute, either look gay or are gay. j/p :p

@PLUGO
04-03-2003, 11:10 AM
IMO,

the coolest couples tend to have some sort of contrast at play.

I've often been disturbed by those couples that look so much the same. Is that vanity at work?

The whole beautiful girl digging personality over looks strikes me as a very BAY AREA thing...

ONE more reason for all of ya'all to make the trip to the golden state...
What are you waiting for, start packing!!! (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/extigclawpac.html)
;) :D:cool:

norther practitioner
04-03-2003, 11:50 AM
I once went out on a date
the chick was a serious *****
lets just say it didn't last that late
wish I could have left her in a ditch

She had blonde hair and blue eyes
talked about how she was the greatest
god I thought this night would be my demise
to murder I would need to have confessed

If this date went on any longer
I would need to grab a gun
I thank my parents for making me stronger
I just payed the check, and made a run

Unfortunate for me
she followed
wouldn't let me be
whatever, at least she swallowed

M_ArtsMargie
04-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Another reason....to see all of us (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/halloween.html)

I knew a guy that was 6'4 and was dating a girl that was 4'6. How does that work? I can only picture one thing.:D

herb ox
04-03-2003, 01:23 PM
M'A_M -
I liked the old avatar better... just my vote.

norther practitioner
04-03-2003, 01:24 PM
See poem under other thread with this name in other area

@PLUGO
04-03-2003, 01:36 PM
where you been hiding Mon!!!?

heard you got to play barber!!!

Shaolin Revenge I figure. ;)

Margie... it's a good thing that guy wasn't

6'9"!!!

rubthebuddha
04-03-2003, 02:27 PM
cause then she'd have been 9'6"? :confused:

Xebsball
04-03-2003, 02:54 PM
lol

My friend used to call short girls "Boquete em pé"
Try and guess what it means :D

M_ArtsMargie
04-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh dang...that's messed up.

I like it.
Sometimes I feel that way about my dates.

Just stop talking, your talking sh!t
Your voice is so annoying, I can't handle it!
The more I look at you, the sicker I get
Why I asked for you number, I totally regret!

I sit there and smile, it doesn't mean I hear
Every bullsh!t thing your saying, "uh huh, i agree dear."
I pretend that I'm listening, but I am not really there
I am thinking of what I'm going to do tomorrow and what i am going to wear

"god take me home" thats what i'm thinking in my head
If I had a gun, I would shoot myself dead!
Actually, If I had a gun, I probably shoot you
If you shut up now...i wont kill you.

Save your self, better yet save me
"Oooh, is that another guy I see."
"he's cute...is what I really want to say
But I forgot...I'm on a date.

You can stop talking now...all of your sh!t
no your still going,,,,"shut it! shut it!"
I say Thanks for a great evening, i hope we do it again
Then when you call, I'll say I 'd rather be friends

Listening to you talk, really made me stressed
"Oh god..is that dirt on my dress!"
Never mind...becuase Im finally at home
Thank god, becuase being with you...sh!it,,,,I 'd rather be alone!

M_ArtsMargie
04-03-2003, 04:08 PM
np****check out mine! in the other forum

norther practitioner
04-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Very nice Margie....

rolling the dice

got set up with a bomb shell
everything seemed clean and consise
on it went with the southern bell
but let me give you a word of advise

just because they are cute and fit
doesn't mean they aren't too full of themselves
even too I must really admit
sometimes I would rather be stacking shelves

every minute I wasn't with her
had to be accounted for
when we met up again I'd whither
god she was such a **** bore

Sometime in the middle of the night
came a vision 'between the ears
that upcoming was the big fight
that would leave the ***** in tears

Soon it came without much thought
just when bed became cold as ice
a one way ticket out I bought
**** I wish I hadn't rolled those dice.

M_ArtsMargie
04-04-2003, 01:03 PM
I know Gene is gone...but we got to at least try and post to 3000. Come on guys....even if it is alot of junk that you want to write put it on there.

Look at me.......

Sitting here, waiting for the phone to ring
I am bored, so I sit here and sing
doey doey. la la la
Please, wont somebody call?

Xebsball
04-04-2003, 01:09 PM
i pretty frustrated today, sucks.
im not christian but id thank god if i call ma friend and he says theres some kick ass party this weekend.

Xebsball
04-04-2003, 01:17 PM
"for example, what does the billboard say
come and play, come and play
forget about the movement"

Xebsball
04-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Mass graves for the pump and the price is set, and the price is set

M_ArtsMargie
04-04-2003, 01:48 PM
i need to buy a toe ring (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/45-42l.html) , of course not that big...but something that fits

Chang Style Novice
04-04-2003, 02:39 PM
Returning to the seafood debates

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/animals/newsid_2915000/2915281.stm

That's a whole lotta calimari!

Chang Style Novice
04-04-2003, 02:40 PM
And take special note of this lovely detail...

"Its 25 teeth-like hooks are as sharp as razors and can turn around 360 degrees!"

The lesson here is NEVER grapple with a colossal squid.

M_ArtsMargie
04-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Wow...that is huge. And they say that is the 2nd one that was ever found that big right? ****. If that is possible...do you think the SEA MONSTER (http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/plesios.html) really exists?:confused: :eek

Golden Arms
04-04-2003, 04:46 PM
I think I just got the 3000th post on this thread! Ahhh :)

M_ArtsMargie
04-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Do you think that this (http://riptx.dns2go.com/sea_monster.htm) is real?

SevenStar
04-04-2003, 07:29 PM
nah, can't be real... I only know of one cylindrical thing that's that long, and last I checked, it was still attached to me...

That's a nice new pic of you though

FatherDog
04-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
And take special note of this lovely detail...

"Its 25 teeth-like hooks are as sharp as razors and can turn around 360 degrees!"

The lesson here is NEVER grapple with a colossal squid.

No, the lesson here is to never go in the **** ocean.

*shiver*

Serpent
04-05-2003, 01:35 AM
You know the really scary thing? There's hypothesis that down in the deep, deep dark there are great whites that never surface as they need the pressure. The particularly scary part is that squid like that colossal squid on the previous page are the staple diet of said sharks!

OK, so a baby squid is 6 metres. An adult is bigger than a double decker bus. And these sharks feed on the grown-ups! Imagine a shark big enough to eat a double decker bus! :eek:

I love the fact that there is still some mad mega-fauna hidden in the darkness where we can't go....

shaolin kungfu
04-05-2003, 01:54 AM
And all that wierd sh1t is just on our planet! Imagine what awaits us in the vastness of space!

Serpent
04-06-2003, 04:57 PM
Yeah man. I'd love an Enterprise or Millenium Falcon!

Ah, one day....

SevenStar
04-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Does anyone here watch the Real World? I used to watch it religiously for the first and second seasons, but now I just watch it when the marathons come on. They showed this season's marathon today. Man, so much going on.... Even the guys were drama queens.

M_ArtsMargie
04-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Regarding the creatures of the sea. That would be so cool to discover the serpents in the dark deep. There is still so much that we haven't explored, and yet to discover.

SS***Actually, I dont watch the real world. I try to avoid shows like that becuase it stresses me out. It's like another Jerry Springer to me. Drama!

Xebsball
04-07-2003, 05:58 PM
-> Sea reminds me i didnt go to the beach at all this summer, this sucks

-> I seen real world some years ago, it was fun

-> University is SICK SICK SICK because i see so many hot wimmins i almost drool on my shirt all the time

-> Im thinking of learning some ground, but its all Sun Tzu's fault from writting that little old book of his on war strategies, i swear!!

-> Im enjoying double pi quan, and want to sharpen my "axe pi" oh yeah

-> Hey Margie, how you doin (just so i dont lose the habit)

rubthebuddha
04-07-2003, 11:58 PM
kalamari that big would be nummers, but i'd be worried about how large a deep frier you'd need -- one big enough for a condo.

SevenStar
04-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Xebsball

-> Im thinking of learning some ground, but its all Sun Tzu's fault from writting that little old book of his on war strategies, i swear!!

Good idea

M_ArtsMargie
04-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Hey xebsball***How you doing?:p

You would need a huge pot for that calamari. i dont know...maybe basket ball court size.

Serpent
04-08-2003, 06:35 PM
That would be so cool to discover the serpents in the dark deep.

Hey baby. ;)

Xebsball
04-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Im focking sleepy after training, but training was good, training is a good thing. Good night for those about to succeed my presence on this forum for this day!

shaolin kungfu
04-09-2003, 03:21 AM
I just had a really messed up dream. I don't remember all of it, but i remember a large bush puppet telling me to "read the bear".:confused:

norther practitioner
04-09-2003, 08:37 AM
I had some of the best calamari ever yesterday.... Ti Amo in Frisco, CO.

On another note sea reminds me of the fact I live so **** far from it... a mile verticle, a few thousand horizontally.

M_ArtsMargie
04-09-2003, 09:07 AM
serpent***ur bad! :p

NP**so you live far from the ocean huh? Dang.....we live about 1 - 1/2 depending on which beach we go to. Santa Cruz is better

@PLUGO
04-09-2003, 09:47 AM
hahaha... it'll take me about 30 minutes to get to bakerbeach in San Fran!!!

however if I want to take my dog for a walk along the bay... 10 minutes...

Tried living in Arizona before moving to Cali & couldn't do it. Aside from the heat I just couldn't stand not being near the ocean.

Though I have to complain that the pacific never gets warm in this region... unlike the Atlantic which get nice & warm come late summer & stays that way 'till fall...

Chang Style Novice
04-09-2003, 10:25 AM
In other news:

Giant Japanese Platform Shoes with Built-in Gameboys! (http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=gbcshoes)

Can we see these at MartialArtsMart.com (http://www.martialartsmart.com) please? I'm sure the Got Qi girls (and masters!) would look stunning in them! They'd probably even appeal to Tu Shifu's ummmm...unique fashion sense.

dwid
04-09-2003, 10:37 AM
The pikachu ones rock.

M_ArtsMargie
04-09-2003, 11:27 AM
dwid***I agree.

I would so wear those with some cute hot pants. :D Then, I would go to the city:D

dwid
04-09-2003, 11:33 AM
I bet you could boogie all night in that boot and hot-pant combo.

I would offer to buy you a drink, while stuttering and being generally awkward, you better believe.

norther practitioner
04-09-2003, 12:05 PM
OK, so poetry isn't my thing, I just enjoy it sometimes... whats the latest and greatest with your work Margie?

@PLUGO
04-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Not that anyone would complain...

but wouldn't you get a wee bit chilly waring only boots & hotpants?

how about a GOT Qi (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/19341.html) shirt on top at least!?!?!

Xebsball
04-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Speaking of Pikachu, are you familiar with the Punchie dog?

Xebsball
04-09-2003, 12:47 PM
You needa Quicktime

http://www.mongabay.com/punchie1.mov

OR

http://www.kroh.net/mirrors/punchie.mov

Xebsball
04-09-2003, 01:13 PM
And Punchie Version 2:

http://plissken.fatalunity.com/gallery/misc/shorts/punchie2.mov

M_ArtsMargie
04-09-2003, 02:20 PM
hey...hot pants and platforms? no way...that is why i have a long leather trench. ;) i would wear the got qi (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/19341.html) shirt with the out fit above, if it came with a tank top of some sort. Or if the shirt was a little more form fitted.

M_ArtsMargie
04-09-2003, 02:25 PM
i have yet to come up with another threatning peom. But once i get one...you know i'll be sure to post it. A peom is a poem. Does not matter what it is about...as long as it makes sense to you
Your peoms are not bad at all:)

eulerfan
04-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Oh my god. You guys hit 3000 while I was away? What did I miss? Anything good?

Serpent
04-09-2003, 09:19 PM
serpent***ur bad! :p

Yeah, baby. And I know you love that.

Serpent
04-09-2003, 09:20 PM

Hey hey! My main gal! Where you been? We started missing you round here. You didn't miss too much. Some giant squid stuff, Margie in hot pants.

You know, the usual.

eulerfan
04-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Hey sweetie!

I was in a play. It was a hit. We had people sitting on the floor and in the aisles for the last performance. My co-star wants me to audition for more plays with him. I definitely need to regroup some before that.

Giant squids and hot pants? And you don't think I missed much? Are the giant squids wearing the hot pants? Cuz I'd really like to see that.

You'd probably need special ones. Tailor made hot pants. But, hey, we put a man on the moon.

joedoe
04-09-2003, 10:17 PM

Giant squids and hot pants? And you don't think I missed much? Are the giant squids wearing the hot pants? Cuz I'd really like to see that.

You'd probably need special ones. Tailor made hot pants. But, hey, we put a man on the moon.

Hot pants with 10 leg holes. Interesting :D

Putting a man on the moon is under debate remember :D

Serpent
04-09-2003, 10:33 PM
Hey sweetie!

Ah, good to have you back, beautiful. ;)

I was in a play. It was a hit. We had people sitting on the floor and in the aisles for the last performance. My co-star wants me to audition for more plays with him. I definitely need to regroup some before that.

Go you! Well done and congratulations and all that. There's something very cool about performing. Video the next one and put some grabs on the net!

Well, the hotpants were on Margie and I think Xebby would get upset if we started calling her a squid. Mind you, she'd be the cutest squid...

Hmmm. Perhaps we've stumbled onto a niche market here?

Xebsball
04-10-2003, 07:13 AM
DOMO-KUN IS BAK, this time he really hates mankind!! :mad:
------------------------------------------

eulferfan:
welcome back :D

Serpent dude:
Nah, besides im ****ed already from the sucky party i went to last nite

Former castleva
04-10-2003, 07:29 AM
This thread sucks.
Just had to say that.

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by joedoe

Hot pants with 10 leg holes. Interesting :D

Putting a man on the moon is under debate remember :D

I thought it was only the first moon landing under debate. We went to the moon all the other times but the first one was faked.

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Hey, hotstuff, good to see you again. Glad to hear the play was a hit - Neil Simon, wasn't it? Always a crowd pleaser. If you enjoyed the it, I don't see any good reason not to continue, unless it's cutting into other career/hobby time you value more highly.

Also, if you scroll back a few pages you can read an art history paper I turned in last week. Be warned - it's pretty long and deals with some pretty obscure and perturbing stuff.

I also posted a limerick about it.

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Thanks Xebby!

Chang-a-chang-a-lang-lang!

Yeah, Neil Simon. It was a blast. What was really cool is that my creative outlet has been mostly writing. I love it but it's very solitary. It was so nice to do something creative that is a group effort.

Which brings me to my next point. School's going well? Is it nice to sort of be in a group where you can share your paintings and efforts with fellow artists, get their feedback and stuff?

My slam piece is an artist and he's been thinking of going back to school. That his job is killing him is also an impetus. He's in IT so he essentially spends his days getting yelled at by frustrated people who can't get programs to work.

I'll go see if I can find that paper/limerick.

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Actually, painting class has been very frustrating lately because of my condescending teacher and fellow students so much younger than me they tend to shun 'the old guy.'

But thanks for asking.

M_ArtsMargie
04-10-2003, 10:58 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
serpent***ur bad!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, baby. And I know you love that.

Serpent***i do. :p he he

Eulerfan***welcome back, not like any one has told you already. Again, congradulations. Sounds like everything is going good.

***wait...10 legs would be good, only for a better grip :D j/p

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 11:22 AM
'Kay Chang,

Foud it.

Honestly, I think the best art in the world intends ambiguity. It should be, to a great extent, a sort of blank screen onto which the audience can project whatever they are trying to deal with at that moment.

I love that. I think art should be less the artist communicating with his audience and more the artist providing his audience with a tool to use in communicating with himself.

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Eulerfan***welcome back, not like any one has told you already. Again, congradulations. Sounds like everything is going good.

***wait...10 legs would be good, only for a better grip :D j/p

Thanks Marge! I just read through the last few pages in search of Chang's paper. I must say, you've done a stellar job keeping the thread prurient in my stead. Good show!

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Girl, I have things to do, and here you are trying to sucker me into a discussion of the purpose and function of art!??

You know I could yak for weeks about this. And have. And that at 3:30, I will, in room 2.410 of the FAL building.

But anyway, to sum up my position. I don't think art neccesarily has to be didactic in order to be effective, but it doesn't bother me at all to find an unambiguous message to a painting or sculpture or whatever. Take this Eric Fischl, "Bad Boy," for instance (do not click here if your boss may look over your shoulder! (http://www.artchive.com/artchive/F/fischl.html).) I don't think there's any ambiguity to the meaning of it at all, but that doesn't determine your reaction to it. Not to say that "Rorscach Blot" type works aren't effective in their own way, but usually they deal more with strictly visual issues than emotional or intellectual ones.

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 11:35 AM
No Chang. I won't debate you on it. It's personal preference. I'm a huge fan of Jung and self-discovery and all that sh!t. I'm well aware that this path is not for everybody.;)

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Actually, at the recommendation of my therapist, my out of class reading right now is "Man and His Symbols." Like I say, I got no problem with that idea.

You know how much I love the Parable of the Elephant - well, art is an elephant!

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Ohhhh, is your therapist doing Jungian analysis? I did a lot of research before I went into therapy and that is what I went with.

Former castleva
04-10-2003, 12:29 PM
I understand why Freud did not quite join Jung in his ideas.

eulerfan
04-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I think Freud and Jung both had their, "you can't be serious" moments.

You just can't be that much of a pioneer and not be a bit nutty.

morbicid
04-10-2003, 01:57 PM
hey yall, havent posted in a while, but have actually been doing a lot o' training... ironically. what did i miss?

anyways this is totally off topic, so i figured it belongs in this thread. --- If any of you are into art (like figure drawings and portraits) check out my brother's Art web site gallery. he's currently away for basic training (air force) , so i'm tryin to keep the traffic flowing to the galleryrichard's art page (http://www.angelfire.com/clone/rsitterly/index.html)

i dont know how active i'll b on this forum anymore, as i actually got a job now, but i'll chek in from time to time

M_ArtsMargie
04-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Eulerfan***I may have gotten it this far, but it was hard without you here. Trust me!

morbicid **welcome back, nice gallery pix

Xebsball
04-10-2003, 02:37 PM
my social projects are reaching no results, shame, time is my enemy - even though its measurement is a collective hallucination - in late June i face the crossroads.

morbicid:
you sombeatch, i know who you really are! :D

morbicid
04-10-2003, 02:40 PM
lol xebs. i already had this out w/ a moderator , my bro used to post on this forum a lot too - neither he (or myself) will b posting form his name anymo' cuz he's away for training. so u just gotta deal w/ one morbicid now :)

Xebsball
04-10-2003, 02:43 PM
lol i actually didnt know, it was a bluff!! :D

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Hey, I just got back my grade on the paper I posted upthread.

I earned an A, of course, with the comment "very good work." Not bad, considering I threw it together in the three days leading up to the due date.:D

@PLUGO
04-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Congrats...

you should submit the lymric for extra credit :)

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I'll take that under advisement.

I think you already saw that I've talked this prof into letting me write my next paper on small-press and self-published comics of the eighties and up, right? I'll probably concentrate on my faves, Jim Woodring and Chris Ware.

@PLUGO
04-10-2003, 03:29 PM
that's a paper I totally want to check out!!! :D

Chang Style Novice
04-10-2003, 03:56 PM
I could post it on here, same as the other one.

Serpent
04-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Honestly, I think the best art in the world intends ambiguity. It should be, to a great extent, a sort of blank screen onto which the audience can project whatever they are trying to deal with at that moment.

I love that. I think art should be less the artist communicating with his audience and more the artist providing his audience with a tool to use in communicating with himself.

Hmmm. Can't entirely agree with that. I know you said it's a personal preference, but I think you're doing the artists a dis-service.

After all, if the artist is trying to convey a certain emotion/condition/whatever through his/her art and you then come along and use it to explore your relationship with your mother, then you're kinda belittling the artist's hard work and creativity, no? After all, it's probably not about you...

It might trigger an emotional response that you could then relate to issues in your current state, but that's surely never the artist's key aim?

:confused:

eulerfan
04-11-2003, 07:41 AM

Hmmm. Can't entirely agree with that. I know you said it's a personal preference, but I think you're doing the artists a dis-service.

After all, if the artist is trying to convey a certain emotion/condition/whatever through his/her art and you then come along and use it to explore your relationship with your mother, then you're kinda belittling the artist's hard work and creativity, no? After all, it's probably not about you...

It might trigger an emotional response that you could then relate to issues in your current state, but that's surely never the artist's key aim?

:confused:

I disagree. This may sound weird coming from a mathematician but, throughout my life, my friends have almost exclusively been artists. Painters, writers, musicians, actors, dancers. I've also known a lot of double and triple threats. A good friend of mine shows and sells paintings all the time and, in his spare time, plays in a band.

So, I've had numerous opportunities to see art and talk to the artist. I tell them what it meant to me. I have NEVER gotten a response of, "Well, I actaully was trying to say that......"

It has always been pure pleasure at the fact that I was able to get something so personally meaningful out of what they did. The feeling tends to be, 'it's mine until I show it to you. at that point, it becomes yours.'

This is most probably not true for every artist. To be sure, I tend to befriend people similar to me. But I can guarantee you that you aren't neccessarily doing the artist a disservice. A lot of artists WANT you to use their art in this way.

FatherDog
04-11-2003, 08:05 AM

Geez, I drop off the forum for a day to watch Pride DVDs and eulerfan comes back.

You missed pictures of me rolling around on the mat with sweaty men, if you're into that sort of thing.

You also missed me breaking my foot, with the consequence that my time on the forums has gone up astronomically.

Other stuff happened, but none of it involved me, and therefore it is of little consequence.

eulerfan
04-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Ooooh, man, sorry to hear that. I broke my foot playing basketball in eigth grade. It will still buckle on me now and again.

Of course, that may be because it was growing when I broke it. The doctor said it was in a spurt at the time. So it sort of had to grow and heal at the same time. That can't be good.

FatherDog
04-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Yeah, getting bones broken while you're growing can mess up the development. Fortunately, I'm done with that (I hope so, anyway. I don't really need to be taller than 6'4")

It's the third metatarsal that's broken, and they tend to heal up pretty well. I'm going back to the orthopedist on the 18th for a diagnosis. Hopefully I'll be able to ease back into training soon after.

The really irritating part is not being able to drive. :mad:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fatherdog/8434.html#cutid1
^^huge, bandwidth-clogging pics of me rolling around on mats

eulerfan
04-11-2003, 11:17 AM
You're holding a trophy, there! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

FatherDog
04-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Thanks! It's only 4th place, but better than a sharp stick in the eye ;)

Chang Style Novice
04-11-2003, 02:10 PM
In the Guard (http://peoplesforum.com/cgi-bin/forum?233@89.JBUkaGS5Ax2.119@.1e9c5190/1061!)

Xebsball
04-13-2003, 08:23 AM
BEWARE PRESIDENTE BUSH!

From the POLYGONAL FORCES of the Axis begins to rise the GEOMETRIC EVIL SHAPE of the PSEUDO MECCA KILO-NONAGON OF EVIL!!!

David Jamieson
04-13-2003, 08:40 AM
k, let's get this thread up to a million!

xebs, you're in the wrong thread with that :D check "all iraq topics here"

way to go on the 4th place f-dog, good for you. looks liek you're getting choked out in that one pic, how did you find yourself in that position? did you get tired? did you not have a counter?

margie, i like your new avatar better than your old one.

cheers

FatherDog
04-13-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
way to go on the 4th place f-dog, good for you.

Gracias. Just went to a fight show last night to root on my teammates. Man, I'm impatient to be training again....

looks liek you're getting choked out in that one pic, how did you find yourself in that position? did you get tired? did you not have a counter?

Actually, that pic is from the first fight, which I won. You can't see it in that picture, because one of the spectators is in the way, but as he's trying to choke me out, I've locked up his feet with my legs and am cranking his ankle. He tapped out a few seconds after that pic was taken.

shaolin kungfu
04-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Good job man!

Xebsball
04-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Kung dude:
no son, im blasting off at the speed of light just like Team Rocket at all directions thats what

Hey heres something, i get back home (was at bros) and see a focking porn dialer installed on my computer. WTF is that, soon this is gonna be flooded with viruses and stuff, this fockers cousins of mine dont even know what an executable file is. How the fock you get a focking .exe porn dialer and install it on xebbys puter, are you trying to die mother focking son ofa beatch? (no offense to my aunt)

Xebsball
04-13-2003, 07:23 PM
So you ate my pasta, drank my coofee, ate my pizza, my bread, drank my juice - you really wanna die

Serpent
04-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Xebby, put the tequila bottle down and step away from the computer...

Serpent
04-13-2003, 08:55 PM

I disagree. This may sound weird coming from a mathematician but, throughout my life, my friends have almost exclusively been artists. Painters, writers, musicians, actors, dancers. I've also known a lot of double and triple threats. A good friend of mine shows and sells paintings all the time and, in his spare time, plays in a band.

So, I've had numerous opportunities to see art and talk to the artist. I tell them what it meant to me. I have NEVER gotten a response of, "Well, I actaully was trying to say that......"

It has always been pure pleasure at the fact that I was able to get something so personally meaningful out of what they did. The feeling tends to be, 'it's mine until I show it to you. at that point, it becomes yours.'

This is most probably not true for every artist. To be sure, I tend to befriend people similar to me. But I can guarantee you that you aren't neccessarily doing the artist a disservice. A lot of artists WANT you to use their art in this way.

Hmm. I know a lot of artists too and there's always a dialogue associated with any of their works. However, for you to take your own thing from it too would certainly please them.

I guess it boils down to a little from column A and a little from column B.

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 10:15 AM
I guess it boils down to a little from column A and a little from column B.

What is that? Some sort of Taoist philosophy? Get out of here with that cr@p. ALL artists want ME to use their art for self exploration.

So I say, so it shall be done.

Shaolin-Do
04-14-2003, 10:19 AM
hehe...
I produce hip hop, and as an artist, in all honesty, for me its about personal expression and what people get out of it. When I write music, I write whatever Im feeling, and when people listen to it, if they get some other feeling, or some other vision, or whatever, its not about what i was feeling when I wrote it. Its about the fact that they felt the music enough to take them somewhere. When people tell me that "this song makes me feel this way, or think of this", I would never tell them they are wrong. Im happy of the fact that they are feeling my music, and its no longer about what I was feeling when I wrote it, but that they are feeling it now. thats their own thing. Just cause it makes them feel this or that way, doesnt mean I feel any different, so the song is still mine, and its theirs. :)

eulerfan
04-14-2003, 03:36 PM
Margie,

That poetry has in it the makings of a really awesome new punk band. Seriously. I know a drummer.

Serpent
04-14-2003, 04:33 PM

What is that? Some sort of Taoist philosophy? Get out of here with that cr@p. ALL artists want ME to use their art for self exploration.

So I say, so it shall be done.

****ed Taoists!

Xebsball
04-14-2003, 07:24 PM
i dont even like tequila... mostly
id be nicer under psychotropics

in todays sociology class i overheard a dude telling about a teacher (female) who got beat up by some chick in class.
there was a test going on and the chick arrived late, so the teacher wasnt allowing her to take the test.
the chick got piszed, swept the teacher and began kicking the shyt outa her while she was on the ground. the teacher later left the building ona wheelchair

tomorrow i met the bjj people from uni, then i can became the ultimate martial thug :p

Xebsball
04-14-2003, 07:32 PM
I been listening to Soundgarden u know

Burden In My Hand

Follow me into the desert
As thirsty as you are
Crack a smile and cut your mouth
And drown in alcohol
'Cause down below the truth is lying
Beneath the riverbed
So quench yourself and drink the water
That flows below her head

Oooh no there she goes
Out in the sunshine
the sun is mine
the sun is mine

I shot my love today - would you cry for me
I lost my head again - would you lie for me

Close your eyes and bow your head
I need a little sympathy
'Cause fear is strong and love's for everyone
Who isn't me
So kill your health and kill yourself
And kill everything you love
And if you live you can fall to pieces
And suffer with my ghost

I shot my love today - would you cry for me
I lost my head again - would you lie for me
I left her in the sand - just a burden in my hand
I lost my head again - would you cry for me

Just a burden in my hand
Just an anchor on my heart
Just a tumor in my head
And I'm in the dark

So follow me into the desert
As desperate as you are
Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
And all the little pigs have god

Cheese Dog
04-14-2003, 09:54 PM
"Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have god"

Awesome lyrics!!!

rubthebuddha
04-14-2003, 10:54 PM
aye, chris cornell had just a wee bit talent.

had.

he was best with thayil, cam eron and shepherd. badmotorfinger has more hair on its balls than just about any other album.

the new stuff he does with the other hosers in audioslave pales in comparison to what any of the folks did before.

Serpent
04-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Hmm. Controversial.

M_ArtsMargie
04-15-2003, 09:10 AM
hey everybody! Just got back from vacation. We had originally planned to go to Tijuana, but that fell through. So we went to the beach, visit some family, hit of a store where everything was 5 dollars. yea buddy, got some fits. he eh. Was going to go to hollywood, but, my brother, wanted to do what he wanted to do, you know males! j/p guys. I think most of the weekend we spent being rushed by my brother.

M_ArtsMargie
04-15-2003, 09:13 AM
Thanks eulerfan. My girlfriends and I were actually thinking of starting a band, just for fun. I can actually play the drums a bit. My girl can play the bass guitar. we just need a singer and another guitarist.Your talking about the guy peom about going on the date and not being interested. I find that that happens alot.

Former castleva
04-15-2003, 09:28 AM
"in todays sociology class i overheard a dude telling about a teacher (female) who got beat up by some chick in class.
there was a test going on and the chick arrived late, so the teacher wasnt allowing her to take the test.
the chick got piszed, swept the teacher and began kicking the shyt outa her while she was on the ground. the teacher later left the building ona wheelchair"

Enraging.

norther practitioner
04-15-2003, 09:58 AM
We're just all full of ourselves aren't we...lol....

Xebsball
04-15-2003, 11:40 AM
yeah, then some dudes pulled her away and the security came too.
If i was there i wouldnt pull nobody, id just laugh MUAAHAHAHAHA :D

Wich reminds me i should have been smart and gotten into the Religion classes, cos i heard people flip out and start big discussions agaist each other, thats probly hilarious :D

I seen the bjj people, dude just told me to get a gi and thats it :D

Xebsball
04-15-2003, 11:53 AM
my parents dont me to be training xing yi at night cos they say its a tough and dangerous neighbourhood in there WTF :mad:
pisz me off!! :mad:
but they cant stop the dude haha :p

Xebsball
04-15-2003, 12:02 PM
you cant front on that

i was trying to explain my bro why my Nokia 1220 cell phone is the real street shyte, but he defeated me with his Nokia 5120, thas the REAL real street shyte

@PLUGO
04-15-2003, 01:52 PM
TC 2000 (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/korean-martial-arts-vinyl-sparring-gear--for-head-hands-feet-.html) vs. TC 2000 (http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/t/tc2000.html)

can anyone spot the connection?

M_ArtsMargie
04-15-2003, 04:06 PM
NP...i never said that men were full of themselves. What I had meant, was that men don't like to wait for women, so they will rush you.

Time for a guy to get ready 10-15 min
Time for women to get ready 30-1 1/2 hour(depending on makeup, hair, clothes...etc)

Serpent
04-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Padding?

Xebsball
04-15-2003, 08:41 PM
when i wake up at 6:15 i can be ready to embrace the streets on my way to the bus stop at 7:05

if the wimmin/dude no interest should just say it, i think its healthier for the other person, i know cos i been on that side (a little) :cool:

haha its 0:44 and no sleep, the morning will be "sweet", i can feel it

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 08:54 AM
So whatever happened to these "got qi" girls? I havent seen any got qi girls around lately... I certainly hoped they havent stooped to the point of slanging their qi around town.... :(

;)

@PLUGO
04-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Padding?

You got it serpent... the TC2000 line of sparring gear was actually used to outfit charactors in TC2000 the movie!!! :D

M_ArtsMargie
04-16-2003, 09:21 AM
Shaolin-Do****We are here. And no...we dont stoop as low as to slang our qi around town. Assuming will never get you anywhere.

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:26 AM
I think everyone is full of themselves, otherwise we would all be skin bags that just crumple up. :)
And as for waiting on women, as far as Im concerned, the longer they take to get ready, the better they are going to look, so f*ck it, crack another bowl and pe patient. :)

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Ah...
I tried to open my little house of qi selling wonders... but it never went anywhere. :(
Assuming does get you somewhere tho...
usually between a rock and a hard place.
;)

eulerfan
04-16-2003, 09:29 AM
Margie, you should totally do it. I just finished doing a play and being in a group doing something creative has just done wonders for my confidence and overall mood. I never would have suspected how much good it would do me.

Here's one of mine I recently got published.

My father collects stone Buddhas
He comes from a place where
the clouds look like silence
fly like spaceships
are layered like love

I sometimes feel more like
a child of those clouds
expansive
unfocused
racing toward dissipation

and I always blame myself
when it rains on his Buddhas

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Go for it :)
eulerfan : you said you live in austin area and are looking for a female punk rock drummer?
I may be able to help you arrange something... I have a lot of musician friends.

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:34 AM
If your serious then send me a PM...
I dont really listen to PR but Ive got a lot of friends in punk bands...
Id be more than happy to help tho.

eulerfan
04-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
eulerfan : you said you live in austin area and are looking for a female punk rock drummer?
I may be able to help you arrange something... I have a lot of musician friends.

No, I live in Houston and my boyfriend is a drummer. If you know anybody in the Houston area who is looking for a drummer, do let me know. His brother is a guitarist and they were looking for a bassist but now his brother has decided to move back home, so.....yeah, if you know of anybody looking for a drummer.

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:37 AM
I do know a metal band here looking for a drummer...
Try to stay away from houston tho. people there drive crazier than austin, which is crazier than here, which is just too **** crazy. :(
My insurance is already at 400 a mo... ;)

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:39 AM
Ahh... sh!t... my bad. read the post then forgot who said what.
Was margie wanting to start band who plays drums needing guitarist and singer in california.... er... know lots of those here, but cali is a little bit far away until next year. :)

eulerfan
04-16-2003, 09:43 AM
Oh. My man works the mad hours so I don't think I'll set him up with a band that requires a three hour commute.

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:46 AM
lol...
that would definately make for some sh!tty practice hours....
;)

Shaolin-Do
04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
and btw, margie - the slanging qi thing was a joke...
;p

Im the smithfield and HCF rep for san antonio... when people ask me what my job is, I tell them its to slang my meat all over SA... ;)
(smithfield and hill country fare are meat companies...)

norther practitioner
04-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Nice work Euler...

I'll have to sit down and write one seriously sometime, but I do like to do the freestyle comedy poems.