PDA

View Full Version : Talk to Got Qi Girls

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Serpent
04-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Design Sifu

You got it serpent... the TC2000 line of sparring gear was actually used to outfit charactors in TC2000 the movie!!! :D

Really!? Now that's classic! ;)

M_ArtsMargie
04-16-2003, 05:29 PM
NP***I like freestyle peoms myself. For some reason..I tend to like all of my peoms to rhyme. And it is easier to rhyme when you are freestyling.

Eulerfan***Thanks. We just need to get those two things, and a studio, we are set. your peom is nice. You said it just got published? Through who?

Shaolin-Do***Dont worry about it....I never took it seriously to tell you the truth. Some times I say I am going to work the wallet, but I dont mean it. :D

xebsball***how ya doing?

Xebsball
04-16-2003, 07:30 PM
im really tired from the lack of sleep this last days, but aint no thing :cool: besides that a whole lot more other issues i dont feel belong the forums

tomorrow, friday and next monday are holidays, so no class, im not sleeping early today though - viva la resistance!!!

thinking of some stuff, last weekend (with my mom pushing us) me and bro actually shaken hands (mom wanted us to hug). Thats a very rare thing at our level of communication :D
One time he and his girl came home then i elbow striked him, his girl said "Look, they are greeting each other!" :D

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by M_ArtsMargie
Eulerfan***Thanks. We just need to get those two things, and a studio, we are set. your peom is nice. You said it just got published? Through who?

Thanks.
It's called the Bayou Review.

norther practitioner
04-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Is there a place to get to it on the web?

M_ArtsMargie
04-17-2003, 12:35 PM
These are so cool (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/index.html#) huh?

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 12:41 PM
No, it's a small time literary rag. I was paid in copies.:rolleyes:

Shaolin-Do
04-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Whats so cool? Dude with a sword? I think I should buy the 8 immortals tai chi sword... :)
gh- did you really write that?

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 12:59 PM
I'm a huge fan of Raymond Carver. He never wrote a novel, though, did he?

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I saw that movie. He, Tobias Wolf and Flanery O'Connor are my favorite short story writers.

So, why are they comparing your novel to Carver, who never wrote a novel?

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Ahhhh, I see.

What I love about him is that he just takes a scalpel to these small, seeming insignificant moments and they open and spray meaning all over you.

"What we talk about when we talk about love." Two couples just drinking and B.S.ing. Beautiful.

Shaolin-Do
04-17-2003, 01:20 PM
hehe. Cool. :)
Ive started writing a couple books but I always get bored and forget about them half way through... I think I should write a movie... Got tons of ideas for funny scenes, commercials ect...
Really want to put out some "pro pot" style PSA's... Like a dude driving home ripping a doober, gets home, goes inside, hugs wife and starts watching tv, eating.
Shows man driving home, grumbling, swigging whiskey. Gets home, walks inside, begins relentlessly beating his wife.
Black screen with white writing :

So whats america's real problem?

not meant to be funny, meant to straighten up all these stupid ass anti-pot commercials ive seen lately... :)

Shaolin-Do
04-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Lol....
Maybe :)
But seriously.. there have been some really stupid commercials on lately, like stoners @ a drive through pull out and run over a little girl... Id have to eat an ounce of hash to be that high. Their argument is that 60% of serious accidents people had pot in their systems. "in their systems". not intoxicated at that moment... what they fail to leave out?
Pot stays in your system for 31 days after you smoke it.... hmmm...? :)

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 01:31 PM
ghth,
Well, I'll have to check that out, if you're influenced by the Ray man.

SD,
you should probably start by writing short stories. You have to learn to write and find your voice and all that nonsense. A novel is something to work up to.

Shaolin-Do
04-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Im influenced by the Rain man.
Im a good driver, definately a good driver. Back the car out of the drive way. Definately a good driver. But only on mondays.

hehe... :)
Eulerfan - Ive been writing a long time, almost set the record for most plaques attained at theater arts contest, but didnt get to go to the last one. :(
The problem is that Ive tried to write serious books. I start getting bored and depressed as the story depresses, then I dont want to work on it :)
I can do funny sh!t all day tho... Lots of ideas for good scenes... like maximum security prison warren waking up the masses of prisoners to 311's "Ill be here a while" .... :)
But no more Ideas for all you sneaky f*ckers until I get them copywritten! ;)

FatherDog
04-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by eulerfan
What I love about him is that he just takes a scalpel to these small, seeming insignificant moments and they open and spray meaning all over you.

That's a great turn of phrase, by the way.

Shaolin-Do
04-17-2003, 02:16 PM
I usually make payments in offering tales of adventure.

norther practitioner
04-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Good for packing and puppies....lol, oh, and a lot of copies of your poem.

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Thanks fatherdog, here (http://www.michaelkelly.fsnet.co.uk/karl.htm) is some short fiction for you.

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 03:54 PM
And, most importantly, saying, "I got a poem published."

This is important for a cover letter when submitting other poems and stories. That's pretty much the purpose of publishing in poor publications.

Chang Style Novice
04-17-2003, 04:32 PM
!!!!!!!!

Even more alarming - when I went to my favorite music forum to share that - I'd been beaten to the punch!

norther practitioner
04-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Word and congrats.

Xebsball
04-17-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Ive started writing a couple books but I always get bored and forget about them half way through...

dude i do the exact same thing, but with reading :D
i start reading a book, then drop it, come back and have to start reading from the beggining again since i forgot how it was. i think its been 1 year since i havent finished reading any book.

FatherDog
04-17-2003, 06:35 PM
Even more alarming, I've already seen that link twice today.

I hang out in some weird places.

eulerfan
04-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Weird? I thought that thing was hilarious.

FatherDog
04-17-2003, 09:33 PM
It is hilarious; it's still weird. And a little unsettling.

Like this. (http://www.jerryspringertheopera.com)

Chang Style Novice
04-18-2003, 09:06 AM
The Roy Orbison mummified in cling-wrap fetish is pretty bizarre and hilarious. It reminds me of the woman who married the Berlin Wall (http://www.berlin-wall.org/).

(unfortunately, a lot of the links from her site are broken)

dwid
04-18-2003, 09:19 AM
Eulerfan:

you should probably start by writing short stories. You have to learn to write and find your voice and all that nonsense. A novel is something to work up to.

I would go a step further than this and say that if you can write a good short story, writing a novel is a cinch. Like learning to fight with your hands behind your back and then having your hands untied. Short story writing requires a nearly monastic level of economy. When writing a novel, you can afford to indulge yourself, to sort of go off-track, take some time getting to the meat of the story, etc... With a short story, if you don't have the reader by the end of the first paragraph, they are as likely as not to quit reading the story entirely.

Chang Style Novice
04-18-2003, 09:21 AM
When writing a novel, you can afford to indulge yourself, to sort of go off-track, etc...

Not according to David Foster Wallace!:p

dwid
04-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Of course, on the flip side, you are only slightly more likely to be able to support yourself as a short story writer than you are as a poet.

So if you want to make some money in creative writing, the novel is pretty much the only way to do it.

dwid
04-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Lol,

Check this out...

http://www.theonion.com/onion3906/girlfriend_stops_reading.html

eulerfan
04-18-2003, 09:25 AM
dwid,

I completely agree. Very good point. But a short story doesn't take the same level of commitment that writing a novel does.

So, it's like learning to fight with your hands behind your back before travelling 3000 miles to fight in a tournament with freed hands.

Chang Style Novice
04-18-2003, 09:28 AM
He he he...

the Onion rocks.

dwid
04-18-2003, 09:30 AM
We're in complete agreement there, Eulerfan.

I can't even imagine the commitment involved in putting a novel together.

I guess you could go the Chuck Palahniuk route and write a novel in little half-page chunks.

eulerfan
04-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Makes for an easy read. I did Fight Club in less than a day.

dwid
04-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Yeah,

Palahniuk is one of my favorite contemporary writers.

I read an interview with him where he said that Lullaby was his first novel written as a full-time writer, and the reason all his other stuff is sort of staccato is because he wrote it in little chunks when he could hide out at his job.

If you liked Fight Club, you should read his other stuff. In my opinion, Survivor, Invisible Monsters, and Choke, are all somewhat better books. Nothing against Fight Club, it's just the other books are that good.

eulerfan
04-18-2003, 09:51 AM
Will do. Everybody else has told me that his other books were more of the same but everybody else wouldn't know economy from a hole in the ground so I'll get to the book store.

You read any Alex Garland? The Beach and The Tesseract are his only two, I think. If you like Chuck, I think you'd enjoy him, as well. I think he's gearing up to be something of a force.

dwid
04-21-2003, 05:33 AM
I left my office right after my last post.

Anyway, I've never heard of that guy, but I'll check one of those out.

Regarding the other Chuck books being more of the same. I think people sometimes confuse style for substance. What I mean is that Chuck's style is relatively unique. Some people see the style itself as the meat of the books. However, I for one believe his major strength is in the stories he tells. His style is interesting, but somewhat raw. From what I've learned in workshops, he would be considered not the most technically strong writer, but he has a lot to say. The books show such a depth of understanding of human nature and relationships. The often bizarre contexts in which these things are revealed are there for a reason. Palahniuk says that he tries to make the bizarre sort of trivial details as true as he can to the best of his ability to research them, so that an environment is created that makes the bizarre sort of human truths revealed in his characters that much more believable.

dwid
04-21-2003, 07:28 AM
My point was mainly that you're much more likely to get the very rare major publishing house deal writing novels than writing short stories.

I guess my best bet is to use my social sciences background and my interest in writing to crank out pop psychology rubbish.

Maybe I can end up on Oprah.

Yeah, it's kind of sad that the best writing generally goes relatively unrewarded by comparison to the stuff that is likely cranked out by a monkey at a typewriter.

FatherDog
04-21-2003, 07:56 AM
Happy Zombie Day, folks.

Would've wished you it yesterday, but I was busy digesting dinner and yelling at my siblings.

Also: I'm still walking like Chester from Gunsmoke, but I can drive again. Which means I can hit the gym again. Wooha!

Shaolin-Do
04-21-2003, 07:58 AM
Why are you still walking like chester from gunsmoke and recently unable to drive?

M_ArtsMargie
04-21-2003, 09:13 AM
hello everyone. Hope every body enjoyed their weekend.

Shaolin-Do
04-21-2003, 09:22 AM
Was alright, abnormally "dry" 420... :(
How about yourself?
Sore from excessive grappling practice....

FatherDog
04-21-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
Why are you still walking like chester from gunsmoke and recently unable to drive?

Broke my foot last month. Got caught under me while trying to sprawl out from a takedown; I landed on it and it folded up. Fractured the third metatarsal.

It's healing okay. I'm just happy to not be immobile any more.

Shaolin-Do
04-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Ouch.
When I was younger, My foot got stuck between... well, a rock and a hard place. I fell over, and with your foot stuck, your ankle breaks in half. :(
hehe
Good luck on the recovery

Chang Style Novice
04-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Actually, there isn't a lot of money to be had unless you are writing soft-core Romance novels, Sci-Fi, or mainstream horror. Even in their books, consumers prefer fluff to substance.

That reminds me. Maybe you noticed the articles about the Iraqi historical museum being looted, and how millions of dollars worth of priceless ancient artifacts were stolen. But that's not the art that Saddam Hussien liked, no way. In his private boudoirs, the troops found an oil painting by fantasy paperback cover artist Rowena Morrill, entitled "King Dragon" that showed a huge hovering winged lizard menacing an apparently silicon-enhanced maiden.

Take a look. (http://members.lycos.nl/JoopBuitenhuis/fantasie/gallerie1/rowenamorrill.jpg)

So, sometimes it's nice to know that someone has VERY different ideas about quality than you do.

Chang Style Novice
04-21-2003, 11:43 AM
I dunno. I kinda doubt that a guy like saddam pulled his pud a lot - he seems more the serial rapist type to me. The kind of guy who considers rohypnol to be the perfect mood setter.

My guess is he identifies very strongly with the dragon, and was hoping that his 'mistresses' would get all hot and bothered by it (and his own personal power - don't forget what Henry Kissinger said, and he nailed all kinds of hotties, apparently without duress.)

Shaolin-Do
04-21-2003, 11:58 AM
hehe....
Some good ol' sad-damy action eh?
;)
Im sure he did value those types of painting, using it during intercourse as a subconscious ego boost... kinda simple to see he would think he was the dragon... Ego boosting crazy *******. All I need is some cheesy jazz and a 12 pack of budweiser.....
;)

M_ArtsMargie
04-21-2003, 05:22 PM
for chizel my nizel:p

M_ArtsMargie
04-21-2003, 05:25 PM
BUD! YEA...but sometimes I prefer a little henessee. And if i dont like that...I would go for some tuaka bull

Serpent
04-21-2003, 08:37 PM
You know, you guys kinda freak me out.

Xebsball
04-21-2003, 09:09 PM
this place is a happy lucky blessed holy place now cos since i realized "people from the outside world" might be reading the thread too im like really tuning down the crazy stuff, including the suicide plans and all that

Serpent
04-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Aw...

Xebsball
04-21-2003, 09:28 PM
"shhhh.... they're everywhere"

Serpent
04-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Anywhere there is a computer, you'll find them, reading everything we write!

Sad losers!

Serpent
04-21-2003, 11:03 PM
And, most importantly, saying, "I got a poem published."

This is important for a cover letter when submitting other poems and stories. That's pretty much the purpose of publishing in poor publications.

Euler, that's excellent! Don't put it down. The fact that you were published at all, anywhere, is a hell of an achievement!

Now write more!

FatherDog
04-22-2003, 10:06 AM
Budweiser is some of the worst beer I've had the misfortune of tasting. It's not the worst (that dubious honor goes to Iron City beer), but it's mighty poor.

Yuenglings, Harps, Stella Artois, Honey Brown... those're some good beers.

MasterKiller
04-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Michelobe Dark was my favorite when I drank.

I haven't had a beer in 4 years, though.

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 10:09 AM
BELHAVEN!!!!!!

God ****ed I love that beer.

dwid
04-22-2003, 10:45 AM
I generally tend to prefer Irish/Scottish/English stouts and ales...

Belhaven, Murphy's, Old Speckled Hen, Boddington's...

My round belly is testament to the fact that I like them a bit too much.

Xebsball
04-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Who digs Monster Magnet

SPACE LORD MOTHA MOTHA

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 01:33 PM
The best in Texas (and therefore the world) is Blanco River Brewing's Full Moon Pale Rye Ale.

MasterKiller
04-22-2003, 01:39 PM
The last time I puked was on Texas beer....

Oklahoma beer is 3.0% alcohol, so when we'd go to Texas, the 6.0% would kick our arses.

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 01:41 PM
Jebus, I hate to think what would happen if you guys ever got hold of some 100 proof whiskey!

MasterKiller
04-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Everclear is legal here...98 proof.

Good stuff when you can get it.

Shaolin-Do
04-22-2003, 01:59 PM
hahahaha!
No one but the germans can handle our strong texas beer!
I seriously will get ziegenbach shipped out to cali when I move... and our kick ass 5.3% budweiser. :)

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Master Killer -

You seem to be a bit hazy on what "Proof" constitutes. Pure grain alcohols like Everclear are very close to 100% alcohol, but there are 2 proofs to every percent. Therefore, Everclear is something like 190 proof (distillation can only go so far - the remaining 5% is water, I think.)

100 Proof whiskey is therefore only 50% alcohol, and the remaining 50% is water and yumlicious impurities.

ewallace
04-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Hey Chang, is Celis micro-brew still in business? I had a buddy who worked for them. Used to bring home beer in crates. Good times those were.

dwid
04-22-2003, 02:19 PM
190 proof/95% is the highest percentage of alcohol you can have and maintain stability. From my understanding, at higher percentages, the stuff has to be stored in a vacuum or will absorb environmental moisture until it brings the concentration down.

An old chemistry professor of mine once worked for the military. They had 100% alcohol in their lab. One night, a drunk cadet broke in and took a big gulp of the stuff. End result: severe chemical burns of the mouth, throat, stomach...

That 5% is evidentally a whole lot. Still, I've only known a few yahoos crazy or drunk enough to do everclear shots. I can't imagine it's too good for you.

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Ah, the Celis saga! Celis is BACK in business, about two years after Miller shut them down. I don't know if they're in the same brewery they used to occupy or what. I do know that ol' Lucky Pierre is the brewmaster again, and the stuff is as delicious as ever (my preference for the Blanco River beers is mostly due to my preference for British styles to Belgian styles.)

dwid - back when I lived in Alaska, every once in a while you'd hear about some dumb yahoo in the bush storing his 150 proof vodka outdoors in -60 degree weather. Of course, it wouldn't freeze due to the low freezing temp. of alcohol. Then they'd go outside and do a shot of it. The -60 liquid would cause the water in the soft tissues of their mouth and throat to crystallize. What a lousy, stupid way to die.

dwid
04-22-2003, 02:30 PM
The -60% liquid would cause the water in the soft tissues of their mouth and throat to crystallize. What a lousy, stupid way to die.

Is it wrong that I laughed when I read that?

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 02:35 PM
If it is, then I don't wanna be right.

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 02:56 PM
RIP Nina Simone (http://ninasimone.com/welcome.html)

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Oh Nina, ne me quitte pas!

GeneChing
04-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Didya miss me?

GeneChing
04-22-2003, 04:02 PM
I was just staying in Dengfeng City, near Shaolin Temple, and I ate at this all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet with ALL-YOU-CAN-DRINK-BEER. It was lousy beer, but what do you want for 20 yuan?

M_ArtsMargie
04-22-2003, 04:12 PM
do you guys like mixed drinks at all? fruity, tangy, etc. I like gin and tonic

@PLUGO
04-22-2003, 04:15 PM
I'll drink the occasional Gin&tonic... but
I must admit I'm a bit of a red-wine snobb . . .

comes with being driving disance of Nappa I suppose...

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 04:15 PM
I usually drink my liquor straight, but have been known to drink bourbon with ginger ale, gin or (preferably) vodka Tonics, Gibsons (I don't like olives, so not Martinis), and the three 'M's: Manhattans, Margaritas, Mojitos.

M_ArtsMargie
04-22-2003, 04:27 PM
i did :D

Serpent
04-22-2003, 05:48 PM
:( Nina Simone.

That sucks and blows simultaneously.

As for beer, Caffrey's all the way, but it's hard get good Caffrey's outside the UK.

GeneChing
04-22-2003, 05:52 PM
As for the topic at hand, publishing just to say your published, I've been writing for the martial arts for about a decade now. You don't have to tell me about this. Hundreds of articles, dozens of dollars. ;)

norther practitioner
04-22-2003, 05:53 PM
Vodka Bull at the club early
Bourbon and ginger ale
bourbon and coke
vodka drinks that aren't too sweat
tequila....no training wheels please, oh, and no cuervo

As far as beer goes, don't touch it, it gets you drunk, (joking)

Like the Boddingtons
Like the Fat Tire
Don't like the lite beers in general
don't like IPAs on the majority
do like the stouts
Oh, gotta go ghetto fab. sometimes...
Steel reserve
OE High Gravity

GeneChing
04-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Gin & tonics are very therapeutic. In fact, it originated as a therapeutic. Mixed drinks are to get got qi? girls drunk. Gimme a JD straight up, or with a little ginger ale, if it's going to be a long night. Guinness for strength.

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Well, it originated as a way to get people to take their quinine and prevent the spread of malaria. That's theraputic, I guess, but I don't see what the gin has to do with it. Or the twist of lemon.

Serpent
04-22-2003, 06:37 PM
I hate gin! It's like drinking perfume. However, vodka and tonic is another matter entirely. Of course, that's only if it's going to be a long night, as Gene said. Otherwise it's good vodka straight up (and by good I mean Polish, preferably Wyborowa) or a good Malt. And if any of you put anything, even ice, in good Malt, I'm going to have to come over there and kick your sorry arse.

Chang Style Novice
04-22-2003, 06:49 PM
Mmmm...Diet Pepsi and Laphroaig...:D

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 07:12 PM
I think gin and tonics taste the way christmas trees smell. Like, from the way christmas trees smell, I would presume they would taste like gin and tonics.

Xebsball
04-22-2003, 08:24 PM
The only alcohol drink that tastes good to me is those "cooler" drinks, dunno if thats how you call them on usa.
All else tastes like pisz, though some are more dense, sweeter types of pisz, others are lighter softer pisz.
Whenever i drink the stuff i have the specific primary objective of getting drunk, otherwise i wouldnt drink since it tastes like pisz.
I only drink a few times a year though, maybe 4 times.
BTW if you ever see me dancing -> im drunk

shaolin kungfu
04-22-2003, 08:26 PM
The only alcohol drink that tastes good to me is those "cooler" drinks, dunno if thats how you call them on usa.

I mean wine coolers, right?

Xebsball
04-22-2003, 08:38 PM
exactly, wine coolers, those are the good shyte :cool:

rubthebuddha
04-22-2003, 08:40 PM
gimmy some froo-froo drinks. red robin makes something called a sand in yer shorts -- so nummy.

otherwise, it's my roommate making a jd and jd and jd and coke.

shaolin kungfu
04-22-2003, 08:43 PM
But i probably shouldn't drink them.

Serpent
04-22-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Mmmm...Diet Pepsi and Laphroaig...:D

Why I oughtta...!

:mad:

Serpent
04-22-2003, 09:07 PM
I think gin and tonics taste the way christmas trees smell. Like, from the way christmas trees smell, I would presume they would taste like gin and tonics.

So how many gin and tonics had you had before you wrote that? ;)

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Serpent

So how many gin and tonics had you had before you wrote that? ;)

Excuse me?!?! I'll have you know I never mix alcohol with LS.....wow, look at your hand. Hands can do so much. Ever think about what your hand can do?

Serpent
04-22-2003, 09:16 PM
LS?

Hands are cool.

FatherDog
04-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Gin tastes like cologne. Eugh.

I like screwdrivers, but I'm a big fan of rum and cokes. Mmmmm... rum.

Jack Daniels, on the other hand, is inhabited by evil corn spirits waiting to do me harm.

I can drink half a bottle of Bacardi 151, and be dizzy and sleepy, but otherwise fine.

Half a bottle of high octane vodka, and I'm laughing and dancing.

A half a bottle of JD and I've got tunnel vision and can't walk, and I'll spend the next day in bed.

Evil corn spirits, man.

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 09:26 PM
LS?

....D

shaolin kungfu
04-22-2003, 09:28 PM
D?

shaolin kungfu
04-22-2003, 09:29 PM
Oh i get it. LSD. that took all my powers of concentration.

Xebsball
04-22-2003, 09:33 PM
I've been stuffed in your pocket
for the last hundred days
When I don't get my bath
I take it out on the slaves

So grease up your baby
for the ball on the hill
Polish them rockets now
and swallow those pills

and sing
Space Lord mother mother

There's a car in the field
now in a column of flame
With it's two doors to choose
but only one bears your name

You've been drinking my blood
well I've been licking your wounds
I'll shave off the pitch
now in the scope of your tune

You'll sing
Space Lord mother mother

I left my throne a million miles away
i drink from your tit
i sing your blues every day
now give me the strength
to split the world in two yeah
i ate all the rest and now I've gotta eat you

Well I sing

Built in my nightmares
and using my name
you're stroking my cortex
and you know I'm insane

I'm squeezed out in hump
drive and drownin' in love
encompass them all
to a position above

Well I sing
Space Lord mother mother

I left my throne a million miles away
i drink from your tit
i sing your blues every day
now give me the strength
to split the world in two yeah
i ate all the rest and now I've gotta eat you

Well I sing
Space Lord mother mother

I lost my soul when I fell to Earth
my planets called me to the void of my birth
the time has come for me to kill this game
now open wide and say my name

Space Lord mother mother

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Every thought's a game
A pack of chimps I cannot tame
You're wondering who to blame
Now your ride has come up lame

Fortress full of hate
Fears and hopes all pound the gate
Too early, it's too late
What is evil, which is great

Pigs are sheep and cats are dogs
And thoughts are made of Lincoln Logs
To tend to the mice and wood
Where black is blue and bad is good

Thoughts that I keep my money in
Melt some wax and chunks of tin
Forget your name, how to walk and ignore
The light shining in from under the door

Thoughts are like a thread
Through a foam device
Liquid bread and rubber ice
Make a promise, grow teeth, go to bed
Wake up when you're dead

Pigs are sheep and cats are dogs
And thoughts are made of Lincoln Logs
To tend to the mice and wood
Where black is blue and bad is good

Serpent
04-22-2003, 10:00 PM

....D

Aha. With you.

eulerfan
04-22-2003, 11:22 PM
Man, just thinking about that. I used to do that. It's been six years, now. I never decided to stop. I just sort of grew out of it.

Like when you're a kid, you never decide to stop playing with toys. They just gradually stop holding your interest.

Weird.

Serpent
04-22-2003, 11:31 PM
I hear ya. Me too.

Serpent
04-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by GeneChing
Didya miss me?

You've been away?

;)

Welcome back.

dwid
04-23-2003, 05:48 AM
The availability of such substances is guided by market forces. I've known dealers in these parts that haven't heard whisper one about the availability of LSD in years.

The kids these days like the warm and cozy empowerment of E and the psychotic empowerment of crank. It's a brave new world that I have no desire to understand. To illustrate, I once had a customer of my friend who will remain nameless ask me why on earth anyone would want to take LSD, as she was purchasing her ticket for the evening consisting of the aforementioned substances. That seems to be the sentiment.

Personally, I agree with you guys that I would hesitate to partake of such things now. However, a little fungus never hurt anyone when indulged on the rare occasion....
;)

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 06:42 AM
Funugs is top notch. Much prefered over the LSD. Never could buy any. Always had to harvest it myself.

Cow fields aplenty down here. Haven't trespassed in one for six years, either.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 06:44 AM
Yeah, welcome back, Gene!

Tell us all about your trip!

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Master Killer -

You seem to be a bit hazy on what "Proof" constitutes. Pure grain alcohols like Everclear are very close to 100% alcohol, but there are 2 proofs to every percent. Therefore, Everclear is something like 190 proof (distillation can only go so far - the remaining 5% is water, I think.)

100 Proof whiskey is therefore only 50% alcohol, and the remaining 50% is water and yumlicious impurities.

I stand corrected. :D

I haven't had any alcohol in years, so I was going from memory.

Memories....

*stares blankly out the window of his cold, steril cubicle*

sigh

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 08:09 AM
Eulerfan- there are MAD fungi growers down here! as for the LSD... Havent eaten any of that since 4 years ago when I got 1/4 vile spilled on me and went crazy for a couple days.
lofl... Stilll not quite sure what happened, but I was gone for a while, friends found me wandering around the woods in a daze...
so no more of that for me, ever.
As for the fungi- affects your liver the same as alcohol, 1 dose is about as fattening as 1 can of budweiser. Careful with the fieldies tho, as the a.(amenita) and p.(psylocybe) cubensis are safe, but there are 3 or 4 other specia that can give you liver cancer.
and as for my friend jack? I usually dont remember when he comes over.

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 08:56 AM
Shouldn't you guys be discussing this over in the Tai Chi forum?

;)

guohuen
04-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the memories of being shot at with rocksalt by a farmer in Florida!:p

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 08:59 AM
LOFL!
Thanks for the memories of being shot at by a farmer with rockshot in texas.
haha..... one of my friends actually caught it in the leg... funy as ****.

GeneChing
04-23-2003, 09:15 AM
... one of my buddies just brought back a bottle of absinthe form the UK. We're thinking of having an impressionism party.

MK is right, this should really be on the tai chi forum. LSD got qi? Be careful Euler, we test our got qi girls. Not for drugs, mind you, but the test is rigorous (and there will be no math.)

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:18 AM
mmm..... I would like to test "got qi" girls... bahaha....
Slip me a position doing so and maybe Ill let you test groupies for blowjob aptitude when I get my record deal.

:)
hehehehe

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:20 AM
It'd be cool if you could post some pics too.. if you got any of the temples I mean.

@PLUGO
04-23-2003, 09:38 AM
You just let me know when where etc....

I'm ready to be impresed...

been reading recipies on how the stuff is brewed. Much of what's available (even in the U.K.) isn't exactly the same as what those old skool romantics where drinking...

How ever there ARE ways to make up the difference;)

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 09:42 AM
absinthe goes best with opium if Im correct, however both are poisonous....

GeneChing
04-23-2003, 09:46 AM
...I'l probably have something up in the ezine soon for y'all. And I have lots of stuff for the magazine, of course, but you'll have to wait longer on that, printing time and all. I did over a dozen extensive interviews with leading masters and monks, as well as attended the annual Grade A Dengfeng school competition and the 1st Shaolin kung fu international research symposium. Plus I learned Shaolin Tongbiquan. :cool: Not bad for April's work...

M_ArtsMargie
04-23-2003, 09:51 AM
wow****alcohol is good.

Wine***wew...get that in my system and I get a little Freaky man!

JD gets me giggely
Henessee makes me daring
Tequila gets me angry
Gin and Tonic gets me loud
Budweiser relaxes me****perfect for an after work drink.
Wine coolers....I dont drink those.
I much prefer hard liquor.

M_ArtsMargie
I want to go the Party too!:D

M_ArtsMargie
I want to go the Party too!:D

dwid
04-23-2003, 09:57 AM
I think they used to mix the absinthe with laudenum, the use of such combo was sometimes also combined with the smoking of opium. It's some serious forces to be working with.

btw I think Design Sifu is correct. I got a mix of herbs to infuse my own absinthe. It was sold as an absinthe kit. Anyway, the stuff tasted like cologne and gave a really weird buzz, but I'm sure it wasn't the same as the real deal used to be.

norther practitioner
04-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Plus I learned Shaolin Tongbiquan.

SWEET!!!

Thats a form I've always been very intrerested in learning.

:D

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Im not sure how people gauge that different liquors do this and that to them.....
Hennesey- makes me drunk
JD - makes me sloppy drunk
Vodka- makes me a drunk with a thick russian accent and moustache
Tequila - makes me drunk while listening to mariachi
Rum - makes me roll lots of doobies while drunk?

The point being liquor or alcohol makes me drunk. No alcohol specifically makes me happy, angry, ect... It usually makes that a full bottle will keep me from walking, and getting ****ed off while drunk usually makes for being uber ****ed.

ewallace
04-23-2003, 10:36 AM
Like when you're a kid, you never decide to stop playing with toys. They just gradually stop holding your interest.
They do?

shaolin kungfu
04-23-2003, 10:39 AM
Rum makes me drunk with a cutlass and pirate accent.

MasterKiller
04-23-2003, 10:40 AM
They do?

It's not that we stop playing with toys; it's that we get jobs that pay better so we can buy bigger and better toys. All grown American men suffer from severe infantile regression. Hence the popularity of strip bars. We just can't get enough boobies.

ewallace
04-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Tanqueray - makes me walk into trees...nose first.

Crown Royal - best on the rocks.

Irish Car Bomb(s) - You'd think there was a lumberjack at the bottom of the barstool I was stitting on. Bull Blasters encouraged that episode.

Southern Comfort - we'll just skip this one.

The Laboratory Custom dark ale - I'd rather forget what happened that night. Unfortunately the next day was a really good reminder.

Celis Microbrew - Just ask CSN. He knows where its at.

Dos Equis Amber lager - MMM...Dos Equis

And last but not least, Everclear in a normal drinking glass that appears to be water, I'm already intoxicated, quite underage, no one bothers to tell me it's not water, nor that someone loaded some nug after some schwag, and I really, really needed a drink of water. That was not cool.

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 11:43 AM
I have to admit, I don't understand all the different approaches to drunkenness y'all have been talking about. In my experience, drunk is drunk. First you're sociable, then you're loud and rude, then you get the spins, then you pass out.

As for absinthe, I've heard you can still get the real stuff with all the nasty lovely wormwood poisons from some places in France and eastern Europe. Couldn't tell you exactly where, though.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 11:49 AM
lol.
We get nasty regs down here... I dont touch em.

Dos equis amber- delicious.
Heineken amber - godly
And that 9.5% urthel **** from holland?
Wow............

ewallace
04-23-2003, 12:09 PM
I can...well could (don't drink much any more) always tell a distinct difference from being intoxicated from beer and from liquor (or wine/champagne). Not from different kinds of liquor though. I just have had many unique experiences with each. :)

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 12:11 PM
I cant tell the difference because us "hardcore" mofo's use beer to chase our shots... :)

ewallace
04-23-2003, 12:14 PM
Man this conversation makes me want to go to Cocoa Beach.

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 12:15 PM
oyah - boilermakers rock. I like mine with this (http://www.makersmark.com/flash.htm).

Christopher M
04-23-2003, 12:16 PM
Two words: Pangalactic Gargleblasters

ewallace
04-23-2003, 12:19 PM
I cant tell the difference because us "hardcore" mofo's use beer to chase our shots..
Please don't tell me you actually suck on the lime after a shot of Tequilla. :)

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 12:23 PM
I prefer to sip my tequila ($40+ a bottle Herradura Dorado, for preference) and deeply absorb the heady agave-licious fumes.

ewallace
04-23-2003, 12:27 PM
I was a Patron guy myself.

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Not a bad choice at all.

Shaolin-Do
04-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Patron, Grey Goose, Crown Royal......
mmmmmmmmm.................................

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 01:42 PM
my kingdom for some mushroom tea

ewallace
04-23-2003, 01:44 PM
That won't get 'em either Xebs.

GeneChing
04-23-2003, 01:45 PM
...but I don't really understand it yet. I just got the moves, the external shell. I did a little exchange with kungfu**** - my shaolin disciple borhter who learned it from Xinghao, and of course, his version had variations for the moves I don't understand. Oh well, what's a Shaolin pilgrimage without a few koans to take home...

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Plus I learned Shaolin Tongbiquan. :cool:

Sweet, watered down Xing Yi :)

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 01:51 PM
E's right, Xeb. What you really need is some roofies.

(BAD JOKE ALERT! I DON'T REALLY MEAN THAT!)

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 01:52 PM
**** dude :(

M_ArtsMargie
04-23-2003, 02:18 PM
Tequilas__I only drink Don Julio Gold or Patron Silver...straight. No chaser

ewallace
04-23-2003, 02:40 PM
And salt is optional.

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Will someone translate this for me, please? (http://www.dumbwarnings.com/pictures/toys_goku.jpg)

ewallace
04-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Sure Chang, that is article 22a ammendment F of the free enterprise code that states there is no specific law prohibiting people from conducting business in the US while under the influence of PCP.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Thread of length need half as many again as tad.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
:confused:

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Actually, the part giving me trouble is "Prythee no sport with stingy or play asperity game. Winding finger have got bloodstream not wallk. Throagh of peril."

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Throagh of peril

I think you found your superhero name.

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 03:05 PM
You can be my sidekick Winding Finger.

norther practitioner
04-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Too easy to pun...
throw rug of peril

Chang Style Novice
04-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Shut up, you bilge dasto.

eulerfan
04-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah, don't listen to him. He's just a plythee pillroller.

@PLUGO
04-23-2003, 04:09 PM
I read a book last summer that included detailed recipes on the distillation of the stuff... some of the differences in what's called Absinth today & what was called that yesterday has as much to do with the process of distillation as well as ingredients...

Yeah it's a poision... The book was pretty much about our cultural/historical relationships with poisons...

There was also a chapter on Alcohol & tobacoo...

Interesting tid bit... Archiologists claim that the evidence of the first actual "crop" was HOPS. Thus the agricultural revolution was inspired by the desire for a regular source of beer... :D

Serpent
04-23-2003, 09:03 PM
And old Egyptian mummies have should traces of hashish and cocaine. The cocaine is especially interesting as the crossing of the Atlantic is regarded historically to have occurred rather after the Egyptian empire ended.

We humans do love our intoxicants, huh. Why do you think that is?

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 09:17 PM
cos they make you feel good, son

Serpent
04-23-2003, 09:19 PM
Son? Don't forget your place, padawan!

But the thing is, why do we ned an artificial boost to feel good. Can't we feel good without the narcs?

Ever notice how just about every race/culture has its favourite?

Xebsball
04-23-2003, 09:21 PM
cos life sucks and the brains like the boost, master :(

Serpent
04-23-2003, 10:24 PM
That's more like it.

Do you really think it's that simple? Life sux = drugs good?

dwid
04-24-2003, 04:39 AM
Honestly, we have this great capacity for self-reflection and these brains that automatically are always calculating and making connections between phenomena. Often connections that are apparent but untrue. I think various intoxicants provide the opportunity (1) for different states of consciousness, which alleviates the boredom of experiencing life through the same filter all the time (2) to access a more visceral type of experience without all the guilt that is always lingering in our sober minds (3) assuage the pain of existence when we have this wonderful capacity to sense how isolated we truly are in the universe and in our lives (4)any number of other reasons.

Personally, I think occasionally getting intoxicated is a perfectly healthy thing. Obviously, there are those people for whom it becomes a crutch and a safe haven they flee to to avoid participating in a meaningful life, but there are many more for whom alcohol, for example, just helps take the edge off a stressful day or week.

I wouldn't question the validity of such use any more than I would question the use of ibuprofen to get rid of a headache. Because intoxicants work on the mind (as well as the body) they are thought of entirely differently. Of all people, we as martial artists should see how inseparable the mind and body are, and thus how intoxicants really aren't such a big deal to get hung up on....

Here endeth the rant.

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Do you really think it's that simple? Life sux = drugs good?

There was a study done where they put monkeys together in a cage and let them establish a pecking order. Then they put each monkey in an individual chair where they were pushing a button would administer cocaine to their blood.

The lower in the pecking order a monkey was, the more cocaine he used. The lowest guy was constantly pressing the button. The alpha male barely touched it.

This was supposed to mean that the less control you feel you have, the more you want to do drugs.

There is an apparent causal ambiguity, to me, at least. What makes a monkey an alpha male and is it the same mechanism that would cause it to be disinterested in coke?

That's the problem with experiments in the social sciences. They decide what they are looking for and then go find it.

Interesting, none the less.

dwid
04-24-2003, 09:22 AM
That's the problem with experiments in the social sciences. They decide what they are looking for and then go find it.

As a social science researcher, the truth of this hurts me.

Still, it's not entirely true of the really good research going on in the social sciences. You're supposed to come up with an idea and then try to prove it wrong, more or less. I might add that this problem in general is not solely the property of the social sciences, but naggingly comes up throughout the scientific world.

The trouble is, social science research is a lot like kung fu. Everybody thinks their group is one of the only good ones, and it's everyone else whose techniques are flawed.
;)

GeneChing
04-24-2003, 09:34 AM
Margie - Have you studied impressionist art and absinthe? You know that the girls were usually lying around naked. Models for artists you know...

DS - Yeah, you can brew up anything. Obviously, unless you think it all came from space (don't go there, you'll look silly to the inexperienced here.) But remember the anarchist cookbook? Didn't we learn our lesson there with those recipes?

@PLUGO
04-24-2003, 09:46 AM
I read a great book a while back Food of the Gods I believe... It argued that psylocyben was a catilizing factor in the evolution of Humans into Language creating abstract thinking animals.

Thus the mucshroom was the fruit from the tree of knowledge that pulled us out of the garden of eden and into the realm of the recognition of differences... We were able to then distinguish a Tree from the forest.

Along those lines the changing of consciousness could be viewed as a cornerstone of any culture. Initially as a bridge between the mundane existance and the abstract relms of the "devine." Generations later we've abstracted almost all cultural references to that connection and the altering of consciousness has become a goal onto itself rather than a means to an end...

examine the roots of Catholic communion... and it's sipping of wine.

Consider also how many tales of a spiritual emergance amidst some mind altering experience any of use have heard.

Too bad about the Coke head Chimps... I wonder who that experiment would have been if they used Bonobos who have no alpa-males...
They's probably prefer E :p

I've also come accross theories speculating how different substances stimulate different "circuts" in the mind/brain eliciting behaviors specific to cultural values.

Consider Coffee and the effects of Caffiene. It's probabably the #1 state sponcered Mind/body altering substance (unless you consider refined sugar a mind/body altering substance?). Emagine what the work place would be like if employers where encourage to offer Pot breaks amidst the day rather than coffee breaks...

DWID:
as a social science researcher what's your take on the relationship of culture and the desire for a buzz?

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by dwid

As a social science researcher, the truth of this hurts me.

Still, it's not entirely true of the really good research going on in the social sciences. ;)

No, you're right. I've read of some social sciences experiments that really blew me away, they were so clever and really held true to the scientific method. Ya'll really get clever sometimes.

But, sometimes the opposite goes to absurd extremes. I have an article, hand to god, it says, "Although our sample is small, the patterns are sufficently strong to warrant confidence in the results." I have it right here in front of me. Ethier and Deaux are the names.

Published in The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. I can't get rid of it. I photocopied it. I guess it's the mathematician in me but it really kind of hit me below the belt.

Justifying a small sample population with storng results when misleadingly strong results are the very reason you don't use a small sample population. Boggles the mind.

@PLUGO
04-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Didn't we learn our lesson there with those recipes?

heheheh... haven't blown anything up in YEARs!!!! :D

As for space:
Don't get me started on how mushroom spores are the only living organism that can theoreticly survive interplanetary space travel!!!!

Oppps... I went there!

GeneChing
04-24-2003, 09:52 AM
... and I don't see the connection. Let me play with that in mind and get back to you on that. :cool:

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 12:38 PM
Kung-fu research symposium? That's pretty cool. Is it a lot of different areas? Like, history and health and exercise and combat effectiveness and on and on?

Christopher M
04-24-2003, 01:19 PM
The lower in the pecking order a monkey was, the more cocaine he used. The lowest guy was constantly pressing the button. The alpha male barely touched it.

I'm not sure if that result would extrapolate to other drugs. Certainly, drugs which directly effect the 'reward circuitry' of the brain are likely to pre-empt the social order by taking the place of requirements for food, sex, etc. There's examples of this where the animals would die of dehydration as they ignore water in their cages to press the drug-me lever. They've done this with direct stimulation of the brain instead of a drug too... I wonder how many befuddled old neuroscientists have pondered trying this out on themselves...

What makes a monkey an alpha male and is it the same mechanism that would cause it to be disinterested in coke?

Good point. The tendency to be willing to exert more effort towards recieving satisfaction comes to mind as an obvious trait here...

I have an article, hand to god, it says, "Although our sample is small, the patterns are sufficently strong to warrant confidence in the results."

I've got a better one for you: "Although there is no significant effect, we conclude this is only due to a small sample size. With increased statistical power, we are sure to find [the effect we proposed]."

I read a great book a while back Food of the Gods I believe... It argued that psylocyben was a catilizing factor in the evolution of Humans into Language creating abstract thinking animals.

Hrmm... that's really interesting. IMHO, on present-day man, a heavy dose of fungus results in 'regression' to a pseudo-psychotic mindset. An example of what I mean is that words come to be the things that they mean, rather than representing them. I call this a regression in the sense that there's speculation this was a way of thinking both in early childhood and ancestral man. The question is: what effect would they have on pre-ancestral man? Would they 'elevate' the mindset to this pseudo-psychosis from something more regressed, or would it simply regress them further? Maybe we could give heavy doses of fungus to people in severe psychotic episodes and find out what happens... would love to see the ethics proposal for that one. :p

There's another option, that low-moderate doses of fungus would facilitate the kind of allready-occurring mental evolution required for man's consciousness. There's some reason to believe this is a valid proposition. This would be a very weak statement of the author's thesis, since the fungus wasn't required for the evolution, but it's still interesting...

examine the roots of Catholic communion... and it's sipping of wine.

:eek: Blasphemer! :p

@PLUGO
04-24-2003, 02:06 PM
well at leaast I'm not bringing up a canabistic implications of...

"drink of this for it is my blood, eat of this for it is my body."

always wondered about that one...

Christopher M
04-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Well, we can't let the lions have all the fun...

Actually, I think it's supposed to be a ritual of profound mystical ecstasy rather than cannibalism. :D

Thus the mucshroom was the fruit from the tree of knowledge that pulled us out of the garden of eden and into the realm of the recognition of differences... We were able to then distinguish a Tree from the forest.

Ooooh good catch! :D The Eden myth is a great parable for the evolution from pseudo-psychosis to rationality.

Shaolin-Do
04-24-2003, 02:53 PM
What?
Those mushrooms I ate are making it hard to read the letters that keep moving.....
;)

M_ArtsMargie
04-24-2003, 04:00 PM
LION, TIGERS AND BEARS! OH MY!

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 04:01 PM
There's no way i can take shaolin-do seriously while looking at that pic next to his name.

M_ArtsMargie
04-24-2003, 04:58 PM
yea really...what the hell is that? Is that what I think it is?

@PLUGO
04-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Ooooh good catch! The Eden myth is a great parable for the evolution from pseudo-psychosis to rationality.

Hey, I'm just paraphrasing what I read...

it was a great book . . .

provided the letters stayed still long enough.

GeneChing
04-24-2003, 06:12 PM
Submissions were limited to 11 Shaolin topics - taolu, theory, medicine, individuals and systems, wude, chan and wu relationship, antiquarian books, history, international exchange, cultural and folks arts and future development. There were paper presentations, discussion forums and exchanges. It was unprecedented in my experience, but I hear the Beijing is planning a similar symposium in August.

GeneChing
04-24-2003, 06:22 PM
Actaully I remember reading some studies on the effects of marijuana on work efficiency. It implied that efficiency improved for mindless repetative tasks, like harvesting, but was detrimental to any higher brain activity stuff. Figures. So what would happen if we had pot breaks instead of coffee breaks here? We'd probably spend all our time posting ont he forum.

...wait a minute... I don't even drink coffee....

Xebsball
04-24-2003, 06:48 PM
... and I don't see the connection. Let me play with that in mind and get back to you on that. :cool:

Im just kidding you silly :D
Cos there was a video on emptyflower of Tongbei Quan and some of the moves did remind me of Xing Yi

Xebsball
04-24-2003, 06:53 PM
Im a dude, a dude is not a MONKEEEE

As for space:
Don't get me started on how mushroom spores are the only living organism that can theoreticly survive interplanetary space travel!!!!

Ill say again
SPACE LORD MOTHER MOTHER

Xebsball
04-24-2003, 06:54 PM
Ive been getting this spam email that says on topic:
"We have every intention of getting you laid..."

Okay, wich one of you did this :mad:

eulerfan
04-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey, my sister just sent me this little icon of my head. It's a little small but I think it's kinda cute.

Chang Style Novice
04-24-2003, 07:20 PM
That's funny - you don't LOOK like a throagh of peril.

(I'm using that entire line I quoted as my tagline on another board - good choice!)

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
Okay, wich one of you did this

I did.

I thought you could use some help, being brazilian and all.

Serpent
04-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Apropos the monkey/cocaine thing:

Perhaps it wasn't that the lowest on the pecking order took the most cocaine, but that the monkey that took the most cocaine couldn't be arsed to get himself up the alpha male tree.

;)

Did y'all see that study of various narcotics on spiders and the resulting webs? Bloody mad experiment. There's a website somewhere I think that shows the results.

Serpent
04-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Here's (http://www.cannabis.net/weblife.html) one.

Notice how the only "legal" drug (caffeine) has the most impact on the spider's ability to function normally.

Hmmm...

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 10:07 PM
I like the hash spider's web. It looks like a sea shell.:)

FatherDog
04-24-2003, 10:18 PM
Interesting, too, how the LSD web is actually more structurally complex and symettrical than the normal web design.

Christopher M
04-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Yeah, but the normal one looks like it'd be alot better for catching flies. :p

Interesting stuff... but I think a spider's neurochemistry is significantly different than ours; such that it doesn't make a reasonable animal model of analogous effects on man.

... I bet tigers and zebras have a hell of a time on hallucinogens.

illusionfist
04-24-2003, 10:28 PM
This is a lil OT (not like this thread has a topic anyway), but jaysus christ, 3000 some odd posts? Are there any other OG's like me on this board that remember when a thread hit 100 posts it was like a landmark occasion?

the youth of today, pffft!

;) :D

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 10:32 PM
This thread was created so we could talk to got qi girls. So when ever margie speaketh, the thread shall be back on its original topic.

Serpent
04-24-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by illusionfist
This is a lil OT (not like this thread has a topic anyway), but jaysus christ, 3000 some odd posts? Are there any other OG's like me on this board that remember when a thread hit 100 posts it was like a landmark occasion?

the youth of today, pffft!

;) :D

Ah, the good old days!

Mind you, look at some of our post counts now. I remember when 1,000 posts was a landmark too!

Serpent
04-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Christopher M
Yeah, but the normal one looks like it'd be alot better for catching flies. :p

Interesting stuff... but I think a spider's neurochemistry is significantly different than ours; such that it doesn't make a reasonable animal model of analogous effects on man.

Yeah. What we really need is to get a bunch of humans intoxicated on those various substances and then get them to build webs and see how they go.

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 10:44 PM
That reminds me of a game we use to play in grade school.

Christopher M
04-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah. What we really need is to get a bunch of humans intoxicated on those various substances and then get them to build webs and see how they go.

Or cats maybe.

shaolin kungfu
04-24-2003, 11:19 PM
I'd like to see what gerbils do stoned.

If you want to see a cat really f*cked up, feed it lots of catnip.

FatherDog
04-25-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by illusionfist
This is a lil OT (not like this thread has a topic anyway),

That's not off topic.

http://www.hellonetwork.com/demo/toysclub/video.asp?speed=hook300

That's off topic.

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 08:54 AM
oh god why!?:(

eulerfan
04-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Fatherdog, that was the second Hasselhoff link you've posted.

Is there something you want to tell us?

;)

Shaolin-Do
04-25-2003, 10:40 AM
:(
Poor father dog has watched too many episodes of "baywatch" and has gotten a Hasselhoff complex.
bahahaha

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 10:49 AM
The other link he posted was far worse.

Those poor wrinkly puppies.:(

GeneChing
04-25-2003, 11:12 AM
I'm against animal experimentation. I mean, really, that's what we have prisoners for, right? Seriously how could you even begin to relate to a spider's trip? They have eight legs and ten eyes. They don't even have iron based blood. What possible correlation can you draw from a drugged spider web to a human experience? I've always been skeptical of those studes...

As for got qi? being off topic, well, you all realize that this forum is supported by martialartsmart.com sales. Someone's got to pay the rent. And got qi? is one of our major ad campaigns. Therefore the got qi thread couldn't be more on topic. You just got to see the big picture before you can talk about what the topic might be.

And there will be no more talk of gerbils and Hasselhoff. That's off topic and just plain wrong. ;)

FatherDog
04-25-2003, 11:16 AM
Fatherdog, that was the second Hasselhoff link you've posted.

Is there something you want to tell us?

;)

Yes, I'm a sadist.

I'm not close enough to hit any of you, so Hasselhoff links that you're morbidly drawn to click on are the most efficient means of causing you anguish.

GeneChing
04-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Actually it helps me understanding of this new form immensily to look at it from a zingyi perspective. Last night I tried it with more of a xingyi emphasis instead of the Shaolin coiling, and it worked for some of it. Thanks for the tip. :D

M_ArtsMargie
04-25-2003, 03:11 PM
i agree y'all.

i'm back....yea...i know I was missed. :p j/p

Do you guys remember that Barbie Song? Come on Barbie, lets go party! I heard that the other day at a friends house....for some reason...she still had that song. Is that song not the most funniest song you've ever heard. Come on!

Oh....have you guys heard Jimmy Fallons song Cause I'm your boyfriend ? Now that was funny!

M_ArtsMargie
04-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Oooooooo.
Ahhhhhhh.

I know what you want.
And I know what you need.
But i'm gonna screw it up, yeah, 'cause i'm an idiot,
and i'm your boyfriend, yes I am.

And i'm gonna take you out, leave my wallet home,
then i'll use you cell phone, baby,
long distance, and i'm your boyfriend.

Baby I know,
i'm a man who's made mistakes.
I've still got some learning to do.
I made out with your best friend the other day.
And now, we're best friends too.
Yeeeeeeah.

And I know what you want.
And I know what you need.
And i'm gonna screw it up, yeah, 'cause i'm an idiot.
And i'm your boyfriend, yes I am.

And i'm gonna get you a gift (Hey), but it's something I like too.
Hope you like this Norelco, Big Trimmer.
Has my name on it, and i'm your boyfriend.

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-by.

Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da.

I'm gonna get real drunk and call my baby up,
4 o'clock in the mor-hor-hor-hor-ning!
Wake you up.

I'm an idiot.
Pick up the phone.
Come on.

Now look, let's get in my dad's SUV,
and we'll go over to my house, my crib, my pad.
I'll tell my mom to go to sleep,
then we'll have the living room all to ourselves, you see.
We'll put on some great DVD's I picked up.
How about, like, something like the Matrix.

Ooooooh. Ahhhhhh.

I can turn my boom-box up, and make the bass
smack the side of my momma's couch-uh. (Yeah!)
Hey baby, you like fine cooking? (Yeah)
'Cause you know what?
I got a Swansons dinner in the freezer,
with your name on it.
Check it out.

Yeah.

I've got a permanent wave, yeah.
I got an ogilvie home perm, baby.

Ooooo.
Ahhhh.

Uh!
I honk the horn.
Can you honk the horn?
Can you honk the horn?
Let me hear ya honk it.
Come on.
And let me hear you say uh-uh. (Yeah)
Let me hear you say uh-uh-uh. (Yeah)
Let me hear you say uh-uh.
Let me hear you say uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh. Oh-oh Yeah!

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 03:19 PM
For some reason jimmy fallon ****es me off. He can't sing and he's not funny.

@PLUGO
04-25-2003, 03:31 PM
Got this in my e-mail the other day...

Xebsball
04-25-2003, 03:33 PM
glad to somehow be of help in this mine epilogistic ages :)

Xebsball
04-25-2003, 03:44 PM
One day a Ninja totally uppercut this kid that opened a window, then he heard the Barbie song playing from the kids room and killed the entire town. Then he said he did missed Margie, commited sepukku twice then went fun sparring with a cow, cos cows are mamals too.

carly
04-25-2003, 03:49 PM
This one takes the cake:
50 CENT LYRICS
"How To Rob An Industry Nigga"
If my record don't sell I'ma rob and steal
You better recognize nigga I'm straight from the street
These industry niggaz startin to look like somethin to eat
I'll snatch Kim and tell Puff, "You wanna see her again?"
Get your ass down to the nearest ATM
I have dreams of ****in an R&B *****
And I'll wake up early and bounce with all your ****
When I apply pressure,son it aint even funny
I'm about to stick Bobby for some of that Whitney money
Brian McKnight, I can get that nigga anytime
I'd rob ODB but that'd be a waste of time
Probably have to clap him run and toss the nine
I'd follow Fox in the drop for four blocks
Plottin to juice her for that rock Kurupt copped
What Jigga just sold like 4 mil? He got somethin to live for
Don't want no nigga puttin four thru that Bentley Coupe door
I'll man handle Mariah like "***** get on the ground"
You ain't with Tommy no more who gonna protect you now?
I been skeamin on Tone and Poke since they found me
Steve know not to wear that platinum **** around me
I'm a klepto nah for real son I'm sick
About to make Stevie J take off that tight ass mink
I'll rob Pun without a gun snatch his piece then run
This nigga weigh 400 pounds, how he gon catch me son?
Ill catch P and Silk The Shocker right after the Grammies
And Will Smith and Jada ass down in Miami
Run up on Timberland and Missy w/the pound
Like you gimme the cash and u put the hot dog down
Had Da Brat with em, shoulda had his gat with him
DMX wanna get down well you tell homey
I'm on that Treach ****, I do my +Dirt All By My Lonely+
I hit the studios take **** and leave
Catch Rae Ghost and RZA for them funny ass rings
Tell Sticky gimme the cash before I empty three
Ill beat your ass like that white boy on MTV
I caught Blackstreet on a back street in a black jeep
One at a time get out and take off your shine
Did you ever think that you would be this rich?
Did you ever think that you would have these hits?
Did you ever think that I'd flash the nine?
And walk off with your **** like it's mine?
I'ma keep stickin niggas until I'm livid
I'll rob Boys II Men like I'm Michael Bivins
Catch Tyson for half that cash like Robyn Givens
I'm hungry for real im bout to stick Mister C
That nigga still eatin off Big's first LP
I had Busta and the whole Flipmode on the floor
He asked me if I had enuff I told him "Gimme Some More"
Is you feelin this? Then wait for the sequel
I gotta get Kirk Franklin for robbin Gods People
it I want it
50 Cents ain't ****in around

M_ArtsMargie
04-25-2003, 04:40 PM
dang....sounds like he wants to rob everybody.

Did you know...(I watched this interview with him on BET) that 50 Cent never worked a day in his life? He says "I am the most Ghetto mother ****** you will ever meet. I have never worked a day in my life. I flowed, sent it in, and got famous. And I am letting you all know...If I can do it, you can to." :cool: cool

carly
04-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Doesn't drug dealing count as work?

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Any job where you get shot counts as work.

SevenStar
04-25-2003, 11:04 PM
The he definitely worked - I think he got shot like 9 times...

shaolin kungfu
04-25-2003, 11:08 PM
Once in the face if i remember right.

I could be wrong though.

FatherDog
04-26-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by M_ArtsMargie
Do you guys remember that Barbie Song? Come on Barbie, lets go party! I heard that the other day at a friends house....for some reason...she still had that song. Is that song not the most funniest song you've ever heard. Come on!

I own both of Aqua's albums, and listen to them regularly.

....I'm not a well man.

Serpent
04-26-2003, 06:46 AM
I'm not even convinced that you're a man.

Aqua... David Hasslehoff...

Anybody else thinking "he's" a sexually repressed teen girl?

Serpent
04-26-2003, 06:46 AM
With a sadistic streak wider than the Ganges.

M_ArtsMargie
04-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Father Dog****we get made fun of if we were caught listening to that song

50 cent I think was a gang member. I dont think he did drugs. I am not exactly sure...but I think job consist of part time, temp or even full time. Selling drugs isn't really a job, more of fast cash.

FatherDog
04-26-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm not even convinced that you're a man.

Woof!

shaolin kungfu
04-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Selling drugs isn't really a job, more of fast cash.

I disagree completely.

Selling drugs is definitely not an easy way to make money. Sure, it's easy enough if everything goes perfectly, but there's alot that can go wrong. Here's a short list...

1. Rival dealers and/or gang members. For some reason these people don't like competition, and get pretty irritated when some shows up.

2. Cops. Illegal activities make these guys angry. Spending years in jail trying to gaurd your cornhole is pretty **** hard.

As for fast money, maybe. If you can juggle things right. Most of the time your money is tied up in the "product". Unless your a major dealer you probably won't be making millions, or even hundreds of thousands.

Chang Style Novice
04-26-2003, 03:17 PM
When I sold weed, I only ever made enough to smoke for free. Of course, that was my goal, so take that as you will.

chen zhen
04-27-2003, 01:14 AM
****, this thread has gone FAAR off the subject. and 220 freakin' pages! it must be a new record.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 05:13 PM
When I sold weed, I only ever made enough to smoke for free. Of course, that was my goal, so take that as you will.

That's what a lot of people do. Trying to make it big time can be a real mug's game and the risk of liberty is too great a cost in my mind.

It's another game, like so many others, where only the big fish really make it and all the others are only just surviving.

Bit like pyramid sales schemes.

Serpent
04-27-2003, 06:57 PM
So Gene, what points raised in the symposium did you find most interesting?

TaoBoy
04-28-2003, 04:44 AM
My sense of timing astounds even me. I think of checking back on you guys and look what I get!

Hey Serp, back in Melb now! Nice school ya got there!

dwid
04-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Selling drugs isn't really a job, more of fast cash.

I'm with shaolin kungfu here.

Fast cash is selling plasma. I'd say all the bullet wound scars 50cent is walking around with attest to the fact that selling drugs is rough.

To get by in that business requires a lot of hustle too. I've known my share of peeps who went down that road, and if you want to make rent that way, it's actually quite a bit of work.

Selling weed is pretty safe, but almost nobody earns a living just selling weed. Selling anything else increases your risk exponentially.

GeneChing
04-28-2003, 09:30 AM
xb: Actually I've been thinking about this XY/TB connection. Tongbei literally means "through the back" and Xingyi seems to generate a lot of power from the shoulders and back, so your observation makes more and more sense. Although, lately, my XY has been feeding back into my Shaolin practice and changing the way I'm generating power, so my perspective is pretty tainted now.

sp: The very notion that such a symposium would be held was interesting. It is unprecented. But as for interesting research, Dr. Sahar's historical work is fantastic and caused quite a stir amongst the monks. I'm looking forward to corresponding with him further. I thought the interaction with the Japanese Shorinji rep and Wu Bin was interesting too. If you really want to know, you'll have to read my upcoming coverage on it.

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Dwid- you should rephrase that to "no one makes money selling dirt weed"
"1. Rival dealers and/or gang members. For some reason these people don't like competition, and get pretty irritated when some shows up."
I guess if you are talking about hard drugs, maybe.
Im friends with a grip of rich ass weed dealers, They all get along just fine. Make enough money to drive mercedes benz on 20" and whatnot....

dwid
04-28-2003, 09:41 AM
As well as on how high up the totem pole you are.

People who move big volume probably do pretty well, as do people in areas where the going price is pretty high.

People who sell really good stuff have the best of both worlds, in my experience. They have the security of generally only dealing with a small number of people and the benefit of having something everyone wants, so the markup is really high. There just aren't that many people with the resources to be in that position, so I guess I left them out of my initial post.

Shaolin-Do
04-28-2003, 09:56 AM
Theres a bigger kind bud market here than schwags now.... but volume schwags will still make you more money (per how much you invest)
blah... This is not somewhere I should be getting into this stuff.
;)
The computers here are broken so Ill be back tomorrow.
peace

GeneChing
04-28-2003, 10:07 AM
HERB 4 SALE (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/2041.html)

norther practitioner
04-28-2003, 03:30 PM
I think there is a number of us who are waiting for that piece Gene!

Serpent
04-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by TaoBoy
My sense of timing astounds even me. I think of checking back on you guys and look what I get!

Hey Serp, back in Melb now! Nice school ya got there!

Thanks, mate!

Glad you had a safe trip.

Serpent
04-28-2003, 04:31 PM
HERB 4 SALE (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/2041.html)

Does it remind you of the good old days, Gene? Pushing herb to the youngsters! ;)

M_ArtsMargie
04-28-2003, 05:19 PM
YOU WANT ONE OF THESE (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/200112.html) FOR THAT

Serpent
04-28-2003, 05:43 PM
We should all arrange to get together sometime and pass round the fighting pipe, stuffed full of some of Gene's grade A weed.

Chang Style Novice
04-28-2003, 06:21 PM
New sig line, courtesy a brilliant friend on another board.

Xebsball
04-28-2003, 06:55 PM
question:

when you do martial arts - who is your enemy? who do you fight against?

- the other guy on the ring?
- crime? (why dont you join the police?)
- dogmatic systems?
- yourself? (self-slavery? suicide?)
- against the wars (training a war art?)

Serpent
04-28-2003, 06:58 PM
You are my enemy, you strange-minded Brazilian!

Xebsball
04-28-2003, 07:48 PM
:D