PDA

View Full Version : The Shakes

Martial Joe
10-12-2002, 04:21 PM
Guys I got the shakes...I am all shakey.

What causes this?

Ryu
10-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Masturbating too much. Stop, and you'll be fine.

Ryu
10-12-2002, 04:47 PM
LOL, I'm sorry, Martial Joe, I just couldn't resist.

Seriously, it could be from a myriad of causes. When, where, and how do you get the shakes?

Ryu

Martial Joe
10-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Since ive veen eating less...i think thats it.

Can you give me a list of stuff that you know of that causes the shakes?

Martial Joe
10-12-2002, 05:42 PM
The wierd thing is...I used to eat alot but now I eat pretty normal and very healthy I that kinda pushes me away from thinking its from my diet, but then again it started when I went to this way of eating.

SevenStar
10-12-2002, 06:21 PM
maybe you're not eating enough, and training to hard? wrestling is hellified training... what do you eat in a typical day?

IronFist
10-12-2002, 06:44 PM
Maybe your nervous system is overstressed?

Maybe your blood sugar is dropping (you said you changed you diet)... drink a coke or something with sugar in it and see if that fixes it. If this is the case it would fix it almost instantly.

IronFist

David Jamieson
10-12-2002, 08:10 PM
I think ironfist might be onto something.

you are eating less and you likely have had a drop in blood sugars which in turn does cause the shakes and general feeling of unwellness.

Hypoglycemia is a physical problem related directly to this problem and if not held in check can be a precursor to diabetes.

see a doctor to be sure, but you should eat well.

peace

Leonidas
10-12-2002, 09:57 PM
Maybe you need to eat more fruits and grains. Eat some oatmeal or a bowl of brown rice a couple hours before training. Coke wont help you in the long run and the sugar in it will just cause your blood sugar to drop ****her. Whats your daily eatin plan? You probably need to tweak it.

Former castleva
10-13-2002, 02:30 AM
At first when you said "shakes" I thought of it as some training related stress reaction,consider that...
To add one more cause for such thing,IŽll say thyroid disorder.
IŽve been enjoying overactive thyroid for a while and it gives you "shakes" pretty easily,many never recognize that they have it though.

Martial Joe
10-13-2002, 01:56 PM
.5-1 gallon of water a day.
1-2 cans of tuna(plain) a day.
1-2 Turkey sandwiches a day.
Sometimes I eat dinner, usually only when my mom makes rice and plain chicken so that is about 1 or 2 times a week.

I have a few bowls of cereal a week(crandberry almand crunch)

I eat veges everyday. fruit rarely.

Thats about it.

Former castleva~What is a thyroid disorder?

SevenStar
10-13-2002, 02:25 PM
that's it? 2 cans of tuna in vegatable oil is only about 220 calories, and a turkey sandwich won't have too many either, nor will veggies. I wonder if it can be a combo of things, dude.

1. you're undereating
2. you're wrestling and undereating
3. blood sugar level, as Iron pointed out.

Martial Joe
10-13-2002, 03:49 PM
I dont even have the tuna in oil i have the kind in water...so each can is about 70 callories.

Leonidas
10-13-2002, 03:54 PM
You need a diet book. I think the zone is pretty good. You should try that as a start. You definitely need more calories

anton
10-14-2002, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Martial Joe
.5-1 gallon of water a day.
1-2 cans of tuna(plain) a day.
1-2 Turkey sandwiches a day.
Sometimes I eat dinner, usually only when my mom makes rice and plain chicken so that is about 1 or 2 times a week.

I have a few bowls of cereal a week(crandberry almand crunch)

I eat veges everyday. fruit rarely.

Thats about it.

Former castleva~What is a thyroid disorder?

Jeeze man you're gonna turn into a twig, get some food in ya - what you need is some European-Grandma-style force feeding.

Merryprankster
10-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I've been there. There's a culture in wrestling and the SOB is cutting weight. I know what he's doing and how it feels and how much it sucks. And it's for MONTHS at a time.

Martial Joe--you're doing it all wrong. Trust Iron and Seven and well, everybody else. But I also know you feel like you're going to gain weight and that you can't do that. It's a pretty tough mental game, and I appreciate the stress you're under.

First off, eat more fat. Yes, you heard me. The high carb, high protein diet, with low fat has an inherent problem--fats keep you full longer, aside from providing some essential nutrients. You are trying to diet by exercising food restriction instead of PORTION CONTROL. This is going to severely restrict both your calorie intake and your nutrition levels.

Dude, shoot me a Private message and we'll talk. As both a foodie, natural glutton (2 large pizzas--no PROBLEM!) AND a wrestler, I've got some ideas on how you can get through this and not be miserable.

I wish I had known THEN what I know NOW. I've dropped from 194 to 174 before, so I'm pretty experienced here.

With your permission Martial Joe, I'll post my advice to you to the main board later. I just don't have time to write it all out here right now.

fa_jing
10-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Only time I ever got the shakes was from drinking 20oz. of coffee.

GeneChing
10-14-2002, 09:28 AM
I've done a lot of volunteer work in detox. Whenever I hear shakes, I think about that. Did you stop using something? Stop drinking or smoking? You don't have to answer here.