PDA

View Full Version : Iron stomach and internal conditioning methods

IronFist
10-12-2002, 04:38 PM
When you irob body guys are doing your iron stomach stuff and pounding on the stomach (with whatever, hands, fists, bags, etc.) is your stomach tight or relaxed? Wait, let me rephrase so there's no confusion. Are your ab muscles flexed or relaxed?

IronFist

neptunesfall
10-12-2002, 08:38 PM
mine doesn't do any of that...

Daredevil
10-12-2002, 08:51 PM
Well, as far as I know it, Baji doesn't call it iron-anything, but we do similar conditioning exercises.

When striking the stomach (or pretty much anything) we breathe out, which doesn't exactly flex the muscles per se, but it does tighten them somewhat with the breath as is pretty much natural ...

Just my brief 2 cents worth.

IronFist
10-12-2002, 09:03 PM
neptune said: mine doesn't do any of that...

Ok. I'm only asking the people who actually beat themselves :p

Dude, did you know that there's a movement in Green Dragon's Iron Vest called snake turns over? It appears to be a little different movement from that of the strength form, and of course it's done with no tension in Iron Vest, but I thought that was interesting.

Daredevil said: When striking the stomach (or pretty much anything) we breathe out, which doesn't exactly flex the muscles per se, but it does tighten them somewhat with the breath as is pretty much natural ...

So you just do one of those forced exhalation things... I know what you're talking about. Is there any reason you do this as opposed to a full-on muscle contraction? You can generate much more tension and hardness with an intentional contraction (from an external viewpoint).

IronFist

neptunesfall
10-13-2002, 10:00 AM
i figured as much, but i wanted to get the smartass answer in :)

and that's the movement i was refering to in the stone warrior revisited thread

HuangKaiVun
10-13-2002, 09:16 PM
What style do you do, Ironfist?

The answer to your question will depend on your answer to mine.

BJJISTHEBEST
10-13-2002, 11:52 PM
iron ass baby

Xebsball
10-13-2002, 11:56 PM
heh, i bet you can take some hard ass pounding and you like it dont you

joedoe
10-14-2002, 12:01 AM
LOL Xebby :D

IronFist
10-14-2002, 12:09 AM
me:
Dude, did you know that there's a movement in Green Dragon's Iron Vest called snake turns over? It appears to be a little different movement from that of the strength form, and of course it's done with no tension in Iron Vest, but I thought that was interesting.

neptune:
and that's the movement i was refering to in the stone warrior revisited thread

oooook. I just reread that thread and have no idea what you're talking about, but it's all good. The point is, I know have heard/seen 3 different ways to do Snake Turns Over. Yay.

HKV:
What style do you do, Ironfist?

I dunno. Wing Chun right now. Yes, Wing Chun is my answer.

IronFist

neptunesfall
10-14-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by neptunesfall
none that i know of. i've learned another set that's similar to it, with a similar name, but it's part of a larger set...dunno why it would be done seperately.

that's what i was referring to when i said i referred to the referring referral. rerf.

IronFist
10-14-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I totally get it now :D

IronFist

HuangKaiVun
10-14-2002, 04:08 PM
Do your Siu Lum Tao, Ironfist.

Do it OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

The answer to your question lies in the repetition you put into it.

IronFist
10-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I replied to that over in the Internal forum.

IronFist