PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee Documentary

logic
10-13-2002, 06:25 AM
The young actor as a child and growing up in a family of actors.
Becomming the cha cha dance king.
Oh yeah, and also a kung fu legend.

Film maker John Little restors "Game of death" based on Lee's notes,choreography and writings.

interviews with wife, daughter, Creem abdul Jabar, etc.

Tuesday night October 15 @ 8:00 pm east coast time on A.M.C.

GeneChing
10-14-2002, 09:56 AM
I actually did a reveiw of Warrior's Journey when it debuted. Due to some complications, it's release was withheld until now. The article appeared in MarApr 2001 (maybe now that it's out, it'll make more sense.) I also did a review of the premeire for our ezine - check it out at http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/1_1/bruce.html

Budokan
10-14-2002, 12:12 PM
I saw the documentary and it wasn't too bad. Certainly not as fawning as some or as vitriolic as others. I recorded it for my video library...

logic
10-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Do you think this withheld footage makes "Game of Death" a better movie or adds a closeing end to the movie?

I really didn't like Game of Death.
But it will be interesting to see this footage.
I believe I saw some of this documentary about a year and a half ago.
I think I'll still tape it anyway.

LEGEND
10-15-2002, 03:01 PM
The idea concept was MORTAL KOMBAT/BLOOD SPORT like...it also made BRUCE seem ****ier and there was also more humor in the fight scenes! It was funny cause I think BRUCE was trying to represent all the martial art discipline...striking and grappling.

diego
10-15-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Budokan
I saw the documentary and it wasn't too bad. Certainly not as fawning as some or as vitriolic as others. I recorded it for my video library...

Well, arent we the excuisite nerd:D as fawning as some or as vitriolic

Care to define those:confused:

GeneChing
10-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Game of Death is a really weird. It's very macabre and makes a good double feature with The Crow. I enjoyed the original for how horrible it was, and of course the Bruce fights were cool. I don't think that the release of the documentary makes it a better film, but it does answer some outstanding questions.

Silumkid
10-15-2002, 05:56 PM
I only keep catching the last few minutes of the Bruce/Kareem fight and the ending, but I do have to say that I enjoy the "original" footage quite a lot. I don't like Game of Death the way it is released currently (or at least the version I have in the box set).

Anybody know where I might be able to get this "extra" footage without having to deal with John Little's entire documentary?

One can hope...

Chang Style Novice
10-15-2002, 06:09 PM
As far as I can tell, it's not on until tomorrow, actually, and it's on at 5 not 8.

Ryu
10-15-2002, 07:14 PM
It must be on again, because I just got finished watching it.

Ryu

WinterPalm
10-15-2002, 08:06 PM
I just watched the warriors journey video and the footage at the end was far superior to what was stapled into the original. The producer even outlays the basic storyline so it makes more sense. It also has a lot more fighting and humor with some dialogue to boot!