PDA

View Full Version : Kung.....

Souljah
10-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Speed kung, Head kung, One finger kung......

is there anyone who has tried any of these kung techniques. If so could you tell me about it, I just want to know how you train for it.....

Souljah

Martial Joe
10-13-2002, 03:51 PM
Where did the fu go?

dezhen2001
10-13-2002, 05:25 PM
Kung (Gong) = skill or exercise, like Qigong = energy/breath exercise, Qing Gong = light body skill etc.

As for the head, we trai our heads as part of our Hard Qigong skill... it's a long process and takes time, but really helps cure headaches amongst other things :D i would say best to learn these skills from a qualified teacher... as if done incorrectly, you can easily injure yourself. The head is a very important and delicate place!

dawood

Souljah
10-14-2002, 03:45 AM
Thanks Dezhen, I'm not planning on training for it on my own, I just wanted to know..... for future reference:D :D

Have you learnt how to control chi then, does this come through the prolonged breathing exercises and meditation like many people claim?

David Jamieson
10-14-2002, 05:32 AM
souljah, pick up the book "Kung Fu-history,philosophy and technique" by David Chow. In the back of the book there are breif descriptions of some of the Kungs found in Shaolin Hard Kung training regimens.

http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/b45-103u.html

peace

dezhen2001
10-14-2002, 05:34 AM
control qi? Maybe u should ask the Got Qi gals about it lol :p

i've only been training hard qigong (and soft qigong) for around 2 years... i'm getting healthier and stronger though which is the purpose of my training :)

Training for my skill has 3 main areas... internal training and meditation, as well as external training. First train the Bones (internal), Tendons and Skin (External). They are all important to develop yourself, but i reckon that outside without inside can be harmful in the long term...

Yup i have done some of the tests and things, but it's nothing special if you do all the training. Actually doing the 100 days training (or whatever it is in your skill) is harder than the testing itself.

It's hard to understand things by theory, most important in Qigong is to just do it... that way u get the benefit and feeling, as well as can understand the theory in practise.

This is what i understand and think anyway, which is not much :)

dawood

Souljah
10-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Kung Lek, I have that book which is what prompted me to ask about various forms of kung. Thanks anyway though.

Dezhen, Yea I've heard about the 3 main areas that you train for, theyr mentioned in the David Chow book:D :D .

We do those same sort of areas, though with a different 'intent'. I have been training about 20 months and chi development is not my main focus at the moment.
By tendons you mean stretching and stregthening them etc (right?), bones, well we do conditioning (3X arm strikes and Round house kicking and blocking) Though we do not do this too regularly. How often do you do this?
The Third, skin, am I correct in by saying the rubbing of your muscles to help firm and strengthen the skin?
I read about this and have do it quite regularly, it works, though i need to do the others more regularly for it to take effect..

soul

dezhen2001
10-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Hi Souljah :)

Actually our skill is completely different to that... i dunno the book ur talking about sorry :)

Our skill (Heavenly River Monastery Hard Qigong) is made up of many different seperate exercises that train the attitude and body, using breathing techniques and movements. As well as such things as a wall, bricks, chairs, a stick and even someitmes a metal bar (not there yet :p). Most importantly is the correct breathing and meditation which develops the attitude, develops Qi as well as the body and helps you to issue/use the power.

As for 'chi development' - it happens if u train, no need to focus on anything, just do it. What do u mean different intent? My intent is to just do it... no focus on developing anything... it just happens with training.

Do u train using a specific form like Sam Tsien? Because our training is different :)

I'm only a beginner so it's very hard for me to understand let alone explain what is going on... mainly we train and understand the theory thru this. i can say to me that 'bones' 'tendons' and 'skin' can have many different meanings... right now to me it seems to be Bones = training inside and developing the skill slowly. Get the attitude correct and breathing, develop health and not to rush to the external stuff otherwise u can become ill... tendons = body connection and expression of power. skin = train the skin so it is soft and flexible but not so easily bruised and damaged... this can only happen with correct 'bones' and 'tendons' otherwise you can be injured.

this is what i understand at this time :) maybe some of the more seniors here can explain about their skill more...

i'm interested to hear more about what u do...

hey, u should still ask the Got Qi? gals about controlling qi :p

dawood

Souljah
10-15-2002, 05:49 AM
hey dezhen, sorry i meant I do our exercises at this level for just fighting/ self defence purposes and the art of the style. (forms etc, which tie -in) But it turns out we have similar intentions....:D

Where are you from in the uk and where do you train?

Yea I feel the same way about explaining and understanding whats going on and what to expect. There are very few seniors in my school and the few that there are have lost their discipline due to lack of training and its likely I will surpass them soon.

My teacher previously could induce chi, however he said that it became increasingly difficult when certain stresses blocked his mind from focus (bills- wife- divorce- child custody, etc)

dezhen2001
10-15-2002, 05:57 AM
send me a PM mate and we can talk there... don't wanna make this thread go too O/T :)

dawood