PDA

View Full Version : Buck Sing Choy Li Fut Schools in Vancouver

Tekarius
11-04-2001, 09:51 AM
I was wondering if there were any Buck Sing Choy Li Fut schools in vancouver canada?
I know that there are many hung sing choy li fut schools but I've heard of any buck sing in Vancouver.....
So any info will be great =P

firepalm
11-04-2001, 11:59 AM
Sorry to say but there is most likely no more Buk Sing in Vancouver, there used to be Sifu Raymond L. Y. Leung who taught what he called Buk Sing Fut Ga (essentially a shortened name for Buk Sing Choy Lee Fut). Peter Tse was a Buk Sing Choy Lee Fut / Wushu guy teaching in Vancouver, a student of Raymond Leung lineage from the Prairies, but he no longer teaches. All of the active Hung Sing CLF teachers in Vancouver are from the Wong Ha school, but there is one other non related CLF teacher in Chinatown at the Oi Ping Society but I do not know what branch of CLF he does (Buk Sing or otherwise). Good luck!

nospam
11-04-2001, 08:34 PM
For more info on Bak Hsing Fut Gar as indicated above:

BAK HSING FUT GAR (http://www.autobahn.mb.ca/~nayaw)

Tekarius
11-05-2001, 02:15 AM
ok does anyone have an exact adress as to where abouts Wong Ha teach?
Actually can anyone recommemd any really good hung sing choy li fut school?
The reason I ask for buck sing in the first place was cuz I heard buck sing was better in fighting.....

Serpent
11-05-2001, 02:21 AM
Oooh! Don't let Frank hear you say that!

yik-wah-tik
11-05-2001, 02:38 AM
in calgary canada the eldest living student of tam sam -lun chee-still lives there. he is 91 years old but i am sure he still has students teaching there. i will check to see if it is ok to try and forward you a phone number or and address.

there are a few hung sing kwoons in canada. i think some may be of the chan family and some from the jeong yim hung sing branch.
i should have an answer for you tomorrow.

don't listen to slurpent since he is not a choy lee fut practitioner.

but i am sure he will try to say he is.

sorry about this though

fran

"graceful staff flies above like a dragon wiggling it's tail-strong fist releases out like a tiger raising its hea

[This message was edited by yik-wah-tik on 11-05-01 at 04:48 PM.]

firepalm
11-05-2001, 04:02 AM
Here we go;
1) Wong Ha Athletic Ass'n / Canadian Choi Lee Fut Federation - 306 Jackson St. About four blks east of Main off of Hastings
2) Mathew Wing @ Stratchcona Community Center in the white pages
3) Gary Seto Shaolin Choi Lee Fut @ Hastings & Willingdon in Bby
4) Tony Lee @ Willingdon Heights Rec. Ctr. in the white pages
5) Shung Ying Kung Fu Club (Sifu Hilbert Yiu) @ Renfrew Community Ctr in the white pages
6) Hon Hsing Athletic Ass'n on Pender across from Chinese Cultural Ctr. on Pender (Sifu Peter Wong)
7) Lum's Society on Carrell at Pender (Chinatown) Sifu Lum Dat
Note all originate from GM Wong Ha
Good luck

firepalm
11-05-2001, 04:07 AM
There is Marquis Lung, he teaches Northern Shaolin & apparently some Buk Sing CLF. Understand he teaches mostly North Shao Lin though, he is son of famous Hong Kong master Lung Kai Ming (a student Iron Palm master Ku Yu Cheung & Buk Sing masters). Sifu Jon Funk sends his sons there. Don't know exact whereabouts, believe he is Bby, perhaps you can contact Pearl @ Kuen Way.

iron_silk
11-05-2001, 09:00 AM
Man you are full of info aren't you?

Hey do you know about an association that supposedly teaches Choy Lay Fut exclusively to last name family members? I forgot but the place is on a street intersecting and between Pender and Hastings. I believe he is close to Wong Ha's Athletic association, like about a block away?

firepalm
11-05-2001, 09:20 AM
There are two clubs close to the Wong Ha club, the Shon Yee Ass'n on Jackson also opposite side of Hastings. They had Wong Ha teaching there many years ago. Recently it's been North Shao Lin from Mah Kim Fung group. As well as Lyn Wong (?) teaching Tai Chi. On Pender at Gore you have the Lee's Society that had CLF but I don't know who's there anymore, years ago it was CLF with Wong Ha seniors (Tony Lee & Ken Lee). Then for a while it was Yau Kung Mun by Lee Sing (Simon). I believe Li Rong who now runs a club on Slocan was there at one time. Many of the benevolent & fraternal organizations often rotate instructors, why I do not know.

iron_silk
11-05-2001, 09:25 AM
thanks man!

I think i am getting an idea.