PDA

View Full Version : 8 step article in inside kung fu

Stacey
10-15-2002, 10:33 AM
how does this look compared to other mantis styles? Are their any shared techniques.

I saw a mei hwa article last year and the movements looked larger. Then again, there is a great deal to any mantis system and you can't really see what it is by looking at a handfull of techniques. Still all we can do is try to make sense of it all.

Any thoughts on this?

BeiTangLang
10-15-2002, 10:56 AM
I read the article, but from what was there I could not grasp enough of what 8-step is like to make much of a comparison.
Glad to see it in the mag though, always nice to see info on other mantis groups. Its always hard to convey info through still images, maybe IKF should make a video"magazine"? :confused: :eek: :D

MonkSanTe
10-21-2002, 05:25 AM
I thought the haircuts were pretty cool!

Skarbromantis
10-21-2002, 02:16 PM
I wasn’t too impressed with the article at all, who was the master? I couldn’t tell.

Yeah the haircuts were funny, how about the big rip in the uniform? Come on, if your going to do an article in a mag at least put on a good-looking uniform.

Anyone see the 7Star John Funk article in this months KFQ mag, Funk is rocking the no mustache look!

Skard1

GeneChing
10-22-2002, 09:11 AM
That would be this issue he is refering to -- http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=236

Skarbromantis
10-22-2002, 09:17 AM
No prob Gene, we support our own here!

Skard1

Stacey
10-22-2002, 01:10 PM
kungfumagazine has the best reading

insidekungfu has the best resolution

blackbelt has the most variety.

JAMA has the most depth

the others suck