PDA

View Full Version : attention yum cha

fiercest tiger
11-04-2001, 01:56 PM
i just read a post on shaolin forum you asked about pak mei history etc.

as you know i was ordained at the ching chung kwoon here in sydney where my sifu was at. i ask sifu years ago about the picture of pak mei monk in the CLC 9 STEP BOOK. and we also have the same pak mei priest in out temple, he told me this is a priest and not the monk himself, i also asked the owner or my sihings at the temple and they said no he wasnt the same monk. if that helps abit, then i happy! :)

pak mei was shrouded in mystery i know that clc named it pak mei, before that it was ngor mei sil lum i think?! what does your sifu say about this picture? its the only picture of a daoist monk called pak mei so maybe he was a great sage and named it after him as for kung fu i dont know. we can always go off the bak fu pai's fairy tale as you say! lol but there must be a full bak mei system around that isnt mixed with clc's previous arts?! what do you think?

as i take it every art was developed from alot of systems anyway. someone cannot come up with a fighting system without learning an martial art system prior!! ;)

so to me nothing is pure, and no such thing as a pure system.

although i am a pure! :D :eek: :cool:

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger
11-05-2001, 01:32 AM
answer me **** it! :) bump

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Yum Cha
11-05-2001, 01:52 AM
Yes G, Seng says that is not Pak Mei either...

Personally, I believe that the term Pak Mei refers to Taoism (or pious pursuit) in general, perhaps as Confucus and old sages are always depicted as wizened elders with long white eyebrows in Chinese art.

Everybody comments on the lack of factual evidence from the time, most the history is in fairytale form, with few exceptions.

The question of Taoism or Buddhism is confusing, as the monks robes are an obvious clue, granted the one of Chuk Fat Wan is a painting. Monks are know to have moved from temple to temple for various (often non-religious) reasons...

One can reasonably, logically suppose that when the Buddhists came to the land of the Taoists and Confusians that there was conflict. Was it physical, ideological or political; friendly or antagonistic, who knows? Human nature being what it is, you'd have to consider it.

Perhaps the Pak Mei legend arises from this conflict, perhaps from a real incident, perhaps from a tale to quiet unruly children... who knows? I certainly don't.

As far as a pure system goes, well, again I can only reference human nature and not fact or evidence.

You can see what changes occured in 50 years since 1950, imagine across 300 or 500 years!

My suggestion, the style rests with YOU sifu. Take what you learned from your sifu and your life, never stop your thirst to understand it.
Trust yourself, trust your knowledge and never stop being a student.

100 years from now they could be asking questions about you!

fiercest tiger
11-05-2001, 02:01 AM
lol in 50 years ill have white eyebrows and ill be da man! :D

thanks for the post i was alittle confused about bak mei so know im not!

come & visit us!
yaukungmun@hotmail.com