PDA

View Full Version : hung sing history according to singapore hung sing kwoon

yik-wah-tik
11-05-2001, 12:44 AM
sorry josephina and slurpent,

this is from singapore hung sing kwoon, not mine. but check out our site again and see if we match even just a little.

if you have issues with this then i suggest you contact singapore jeong mun yan sifu chia yan soon about this

chan heung was a village teacher who was known to be proficient in m.a. and he taught in the chan clan of king mui village in sun hui county. one day a young martial arts enthusiast by then name of jeong yim was introduced to him. jeong was in need of temporary abode and chan heung took him in. it was said that chan secretly imparted his knowledge of the choy and lee styles to jeong, as strict traditional clan rules forbid him from doing so openly since jeong was an outsider.

when the village elders discovered this secret years later, chan had to send jeong away. he gave him a letter of introduction to a shaolin monk name ching cho (green grass monk) at mount pak pai. chan heung was supposed to to have gone and but for some reason couldn't make it. the monkaccepted jeong has his student. he not only masteredthe shaolin palm techniques but also acquired knowlege on the use of herbal medicines.
before jeong's departure the monk gave him the alias "hung sing" with the implied meaning that the hung mun would triumph over the ching government.

upon his return to the village, jeong awed the villagers with his skill and was received warmly by chan. jeong reciprocated his teacher by sharing his newfound skill with him. they accorded each other with the respect as fellow disciples and began to sinthesize the fighting skill from the three different schools of clf.

the art which ther referred to as "fut gar zheng zhung"-meaning the origin of shaoling- was soon discovered by other martial artists that it was more than just shaolin palm techniques, it also had techinques derived from the choi lei kar pugilism. it was soo widely recognized as clf.

every school of m.a. has their own unique form of salutation. the founders of clf developed a series of fast and successive movements as the clf salutation. these movements with the esoteric names were personifications of a poem which contained revolutionary sentinments. the poem consists of four stanzas with a main character in each stanza. when the 4 characters were stringed together in sequence, it would read overthrow the ching and restore the ming.

The founding of fut san hung sing kwoon....

the name jeong hung sing became synonymous to clf. the first ever hung sing kwoon was founded in 1839 by jeong hung sing in futsan county of guangzhou. among his choice disciples were chan ngau sing, yuen hai,lei yan, tam lup,lui chun and others.

there were soon more than a dozen branches of hsk in futsan as the fighting art gained widespread recognition. the popularity of this m.a. spread to other counties and cities. many fighters from other schools came and challenged jeong yim. they were all defeated. some became his students, while others left with bruised ego's.

as i have said, this comes from the singapore hung sing kwoon. and i can assure you that more than 99% of the hung sing kwoons around the world all believe in this story.

so, let's hear it joseph and slurpent.
let's hear how you will shoot this down and talk your ****.

instead, don't talk ****, but contact singapore hung sing kwoon and speak to them about what you feel is their misconceptions.

our story is very similar to this, but WE haven't told our history as i have it. i was given orders by my sifu not to share my information until my project is finished.

so go ahead guy, lets hear what you have to say.

and get ready to speak to a lot of hung sing kwoons about this. there are a lot of us.

fran :confused:

"graceful staff flies above like a dragon wiggling it's tail-strong fist releases out like a tiger raising its head"

Serpent
11-05-2001, 12:53 AM
Well, well - so what now? We're supposed to cry out in agony? "Oh, Frank has the real truth after all!"

Don't be an idiot. Someone else backing up your story, with an equal lack of facts, doesn't make them any more right than you!

What about this that Jaza drew attention to? You've been very carefully avoiding it, so I'll repost the link:

http://www.buksing.com/personal_message.html

What about that then?

yik-wah-tik
11-05-2001, 02:26 AM
no, i don't have all the history and in fact i am still bugging people to this day on the history and the angles to understand what the mindset was then.

although vince lacey believes the founder to be chan heung his sifu kong hing does not. he believes that jeong hung sing was the co-founder and so does grand elder lun chee.

so, before you try and discredit me again, pls re-think your position. i still have not told anything of what i have learned.

i am still a student and have another 40 years before i plan to retire from gung fu, so i will always be around.

fran

"graceful staff flies above like a dragon wiggling it's tail-strong fist releases out like a tiger raising its head"

Serpent
11-05-2001, 02:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
i still have not told anything of what i have learned.
[/quote]

Which makes me wonder if you've really learned anything at all.

yik-wah-tik
11-05-2001, 02:47 AM
good reply.

thanks buddy

iron_silk
11-05-2001, 08:54 AM
considering what a devoted disciple Vince Lacey seem to Kong Hing, it wouldn't make sense that Vince wouldn't follow Kong Hing in his beliefs.

Frank...I think in order for you to get some credibility with Kong Hing and your story you should perhaps ask Vince Lacey in regards to different beliefs. Then again...it would should show up in his book or website for credible proof.

yik-wah-tik
11-05-2001, 07:48 PM
i have spoken to vince lacey and his stand point on it is that we are not from that time. chan heung, jeong yim and tam sam are all contributers to clf.

a student does not have to follow his sifu's beliefs. i do not believe in everything my sifu tells me. so i think what you said is not totally correct.

all you have to do is speak with kong hing and for those who think i have not spoken with him will see that i did in fut san and the photo's will be put up on my website soon.

i am not going to argue this anymore because my job is done because when it comes down to the release of my project people will check it out.

i have talked with many elders and have taken my time with my research. i am always open for new info but the chan and hung sing people see the history different. they want to tell this we want to tell something else. i admit that these posts have made me rethink some events of things but i am still on the same story.

fran

iron_silk
11-05-2001, 09:46 PM
well at least you got some stuff from this forum if nothing else to think about right?

If Vince Lacey is doing research for his book...wouldn't he find out what you have as well then?

yik-wah-tik
11-05-2001, 10:18 PM
he has heard of heard of what i have. but he told me he doesn't really care about the history. there are a lot of people that don't care about the history, but i do.

his sifu does feel as he does in regards to our history, it was him and lun chee that said that the only family of clf that can put their family name in front of clf is jeong yims hung sing branch.

as i have said before, if anyone had a problem then speak to kong hing about this. these are his words not mine.

frank