PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a kungfu magazine subscription

M_ArtsMargie
10-17-2002, 04:04 PM
If you don't you should get one. These magazines are GREAT!!! And, Jammed with great articles(unlike some of the magazines that are out today)

1 year $15.00 in usa
2 year $30.00 in usa
plus........here it is......you can get a free Got Qi T-shirt with a purchase of a 2 year subscription. So, you can be a Got Qi model:D

Qi dup
10-19-2002, 10:45 AM
I used to have one, but it ran out:( I guess I should probably get it renewed. No ofense, but I'm not to keen on the 'Got qi,' shirts. I mean there ok I guess, but I'd rather have something else, maybe a different shirt? If I sign back up can you hook me up?:cool:

M_ArtsMargie
10-19-2002, 10:53 AM
qi dup****Honestly...I would but I can't.

Hey you know......you should just get the subscripton still. Why did you let your's run out? As far as the got qi shirt......it's free. Take it. I normally like to get the free stuff. No matter if I like it or not...becuase you can always give it to someone that would want it. Besides that....i mean...it's free.
Know what I mean :D?
And plus...the guy that pulled the truck with his you know what...i believe he will be in the next issue. That will definetly be interesting to read.

Gene***did you talk to master tu about getting some more 'beat it' sticks? I want one....I do :D !!!!

David Jamieson
10-20-2002, 07:09 AM
I buy them when they come out at my local bookstore.

Don't have a scrip, but do have a pile of these mags now :D

They do have reems of good info in them. Thanks for keeping the content of quality.
IKF seems to be focusing on Karate and UFC these days. No variety there, lot's of variety and neat tidbits with KFQG.

As for the shirt, Don't dis the shirt! I love my got qi shirt and am busy wearing it down to a thin rag :D

peace

M_ArtsMargie
10-21-2002, 09:30 AM
Did you know that it is actually cheaper to place it with kungfu qigong magazine? It only cost $15.00 when you get 6 issues compared to $4.00 per magazine (*6) equals $24.00. Just wanted to let you know that you would save alot more money by just having a subscription. Besides that.....how are you doing? Hi:D

Qi dup
10-21-2002, 09:04 PM
I'm thinkin' about it....

You do put out a very good magazine and should be proud.

No_Know
10-22-2002, 07:25 AM
Unless one can have two at a time, it would be a year or so before I can~ get A subscription.

Basically, some-such

M_ArtsMargie
10-22-2002, 09:11 AM
qi dup***Thank you. And don't forget to tell Gene and Everyone in the publisshing department.

No_know***Hi! :p

No_Know
10-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Nice to see you too. :~>

GeneChing
10-23-2002, 08:28 AM
qi dup: Actually, for this year only, our got qi? shirts are a special 10 year anniversary edition, with our anniversary logo on back instead of our standard logo. Next year, they will revert to our standard logo (our masthead.) Although we've been discussing doing a KungfuMagazine.com shirt. What do you think of that?

no_know: Yon can have two at a time; Just buy two subscriptions! :D

No_Know
10-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Good to be aware.

Qi dup
10-23-2002, 11:02 AM
The ten year aniversary edition might be pretty cool. Does that only run untill the end of 2002? how about colors? you only provide black t's with white letters right? I think it would be cool if you could get a white t with black letters. As far as the kungfumagazine.com t's, I don't know I think I'd have to see them first. I tend not to wear anything that has a '.com' on it. Maybe if it had a real catchy logo?

M_ArtsMargie
10-23-2002, 12:48 PM
qi dup****you do not have to have the .com back there.
And the shirts only come black with white text. But that would be cool to have white with black letters. Heck...I want one of those.

Qi dup
10-23-2002, 01:02 PM
Yeeh, White with black text is the way to go. Last year we made some Summit Set shirts like that. They said Summit Set on the back along the shoulders and it said 'the man the legend' on the front with the apropriate arrows pointing up and down:)

How about some kungfumagazine stickers? Even a got qi? sticker would be pretty cool. that would deffinatly go on my bike.

Bolt
10-23-2002, 02:59 PM
ok, Ok, OK already!! I'll get a subscription and get a shirt before someone messes up the color scheme! (can you tell I'm partial to black?) :D

...not pretty enough to be a model :confused:

GeneChing
10-24-2002, 09:09 AM
Y'all be needing this now: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/subscribe.php

QD: First you don't like got qi? and now you want it in different colors? Actually we've been toying with the idea of black on white, but most martial artists prefer black. Musta been that old Chuck Norris movie, eh? And we did to a run of "got qi? stickers that we gave away for a promotional a whle back. Maybe we should do another soon.

Bolt: Right on, man! You rock! Welcome to the club!

GeneChing
10-24-2002, 04:31 PM
First of all, it's Mrs. Oh. She's from Taiwan, not a writer, not in English at least. We work together on stuff. She's not a martial artist but has a keen interest in Qigong, despite always being skeptical claiming she can't feel the qi.

Our magazine was founded by Roger Hagood, then acquired soon after by Tiger Claw, who's CEO is Thomas Oh (Gigi's husband.) Our forum was founded by Steve Creel on his site Kungfu Online. It got bigger than he could afford so we worked out a deal where he became one of our webmasters and we kept the site for him. If you really want to know our history, I laid it all out in our anniversary issue, check out http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/kf10yearanni1.html .

GeneChing
10-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Gigi interviewed Ma Xianda and we worked together to translate the text of that interview into the article. We work together a lot on translation like this. It has been very fruitful for our publications and my onw personal research. Gigi may not practice, but she's made her living in the martial arts for years and knows the masters very well. She has a strong understanding of wude and etiquette, which gives us great penetration where others cannot go. Some say that you're not really on the CMA map in the USA until you've had lunch with Gigi.

We presented the complete interview Ma Xianda on the ezine. We presented an abridged interview in the magazine, but we also included sidebars in the magazine that were not in the ezine, like stuff about the Duan system, Ma's historical timeline, etc. Also you get more pictures in the magazine and the Chinese characters for a lot of the aphorisms and names. I'm moving more towards publishing aphorisms, couplets and chengyus in their pinyin, then their characters, then a parenthesized translation that is often bopth literal and figurative. Anyway, here's the link to the ezine article (which contains a link to ordering the back issue on line, although if you hurry, it's still on the stands now) http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=236

Thanks for subscribing Stumblefist. I look forward to your commentary and criticisms in future posts here on this forum!:)

M_ArtsMargie
11-22-2002, 09:48 PM
If no one is on our emailing address mailing lists, they should be. Right now, before monday, you can get a free 3 issue subscription with purchase of $45.00 or more. That $45.00 that you spend can get you that kungfu 10 year anniversary video special set{which inclues the 2 tapes and 10 year anniversary special kunfu qigong magazine(also available on DVD)} and 3 free issues of the up coming kungfu articles. You can get this all at martialartsmart for 5%-95% off! (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/springcleaning.html) Dont forget to check out The Cool Monk Uniforms that Gene, our publishing King, has got to model. (http://store.yahoo.com/martialartsmart/specun.html) You go Gene.
Hurry up before November ends.
Though I believe that this bargain will last until we are completly sold out. For Christmas....there will...be.....greater bargains!!!!!:D