PDA

View Full Version : Wing tsun secret tapes

rochester
10-17-2002, 06:21 PM
I heard leung ting's instructors had confidential tapes/books about wing tsun. Now that his organization has broken up, anybody making these public?

planetwc
10-17-2002, 07:13 PM
It is doubtfull as the purported old texts on Wing Chun are in Leung Ting's personal possesion.

I'd imagine the videos of Yip Man doing all the sets including weapons done for the HK police department at an earlier age (not the video of Yip Man right before he died) are the videos you may be referring to. I'd guess only Leung Ting and perhaps Keith K. have those.

I doubt any of us will be seeing that material any time soon, too bad it wouldn't end up as part of the Yip Man Hall of Fame in Foshan and purchasable to sustain that from the VTAA or ILTWTA.

Oh Well.

Mr. Bao
10-19-2002, 05:26 PM
It is funny about top secret information within any martial arts.

Bao

wtinfo
10-20-2002, 03:34 AM
"Now that his organization has broken up"

Did I miss something?

chen zhen
10-20-2002, 11:02 AM
If it's so secret, why did they tape it anyway?
Doesn't make sense to me

Gandolf269
10-20-2002, 11:55 AM
WTinfo - I'm sure Rochester was talking about the Emin split.

In regards to the films - this same question was posted on another forum (WTdefense.com) and here is what Admin had to say about it - "As for the footage, At the EWTO 25th Aniversery we were shown GM Yip Man Long Pole Footage (which also appears on the EWTO Budo Circle video ... i think. However it's a 5 second clip)." But he didn't seem to know much else about them.

If you want to see the complete thread go to http://wtdefence.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=407

Buddha_Fist
10-20-2002, 03:55 PM
@Gandolf269: He might not be refering only to the Emin thing.

There has been going on quite a thing with Leung Ting's organization in Europe (EWTO - directed by KRK). A lot of high ranked people have left the EWTO, among them Reimers, Giese, Tassos, Avci, etc. I wonder if LT took the America Chapter directly under his supervision, because of what has happened when the EWTO was (indirectly) involved.

Gandolf269
10-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Buddha Fist - Fair enough. I just mentioned the Emin split because that seems to be the most popular (at least here in the US). Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your perspective, we dont get alot of news regarding the EWTO on this side of the pond. Sorry, if I touched on any raw nerves.